Is it weird to get naked in front of animals?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Here's the situation: my dog sleeps in the same room as me so when I'm getting changed she's in there with me, staring at my junk. I figure she's too stupid to really understand what the difference between naked and clothed is.

Is this weird? Do you do the same? Are you as modest around animals as you are around people?

If this thread gets over 10 replies I'll get a job, ask out that girl from school I have a crush on, start going to the gym and just sort my life out in general. (Saying this because I know it will never happen)

Edit 1:

Edit 2: After talking to a very helpful escapist, I've decided there's no point in asking the girl out.

I'm honestly not sure if it's weird or not, but it sure feels weird to me.

I know that when I'm drying myself after a shower and one of my dogs wanders in, I cover myself up; but if one of them caught me totally sans-clothing, I wouldn't scream "PERVERT!" and chase them out with a broom.

I mean, they're dogs. I doubt they even know what they're seeing, or care; it's just the presence of eyes on my body that I don't like.

Edit: I'd just like to say it was particularly uncomfortable talking about this with your avatar staring at me like that.

I always thought I was weird for feeling slightly uncomfortable being naked around animals.

But, they just sit there, and watch you.

No, it's not for me.

Nope, but you have to watch out most animals love to go for the crotch. Pants or not.

Well I feel uncomfortable too. Stop looking at it innocently and not caring! It's creepy O.o

Well now I HAVE TO reply don't I? Sheesh.

I get nekkid in front of my cats all the time. Even if I was bothered by it and tried to close the door on them it would just make them pissy and they'd start scratching at the door and plaintively (and loudly) meowing. Annoys the shit out of me.

Animals are naked all the bloody time. I think they probably think us Pan Sapiens are an odd bunch who insist on putting clothes on for no good reason.

It does give me a bit of a start to step out of the shower to find one of them staring at me accusingly. (Y U WASH OFF MY SCENT? Now I have to rub myself all over you again, silly human.)

i never get naked in front of cats...you know how you dangle a toy on a bit of swing and the cat will take swipes at it....Well imagine if while you were going about your business naked...It tried to take a swipe at you....

Every time I take a shower, the dog runs into the bathroom to lie underneath the sink. The water runs behind the walls and it's nice and warm for him.

I honestly don't care, it's a dog.

Well, if it's for the sake of them seeing you naked, it might be a bit odd.

But I'm not the kind of guy who walks around naked, period. I don't really enjoy the feeling of my privates flopping around Dr. Manhattan-style.

Not really, it might feel weird but it's not like they'll care what you look like and I doubt they're reincarnations of humans, and if they were it wouldn't really matter.

Well my cats don't seem to mind but I'd rather not be naked in front of them tbh.

They might be animals but i suspect they can mentally scarred same as any of my exes.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest heck when my choclate lab was a pup and i took him walking and he rolled in... well god knows, but it stank! Rather than hose him off i just picked him up and took a shower with him.

Only downside to doing this is everytime im in the shower now he wants to get in with me and he is no longer little x) i wish i was joking.

So going to bring this to 10 myself if I have to. EDIT: I started writing this when the thread was at less than 10 replies....

OT: No, I thought it was weird to go to the bathroom with my cat in there at first but It's a cat. Why the hell would the cat care? So I stopped thinking it was weird.

It does feel sort of unnerving when one of them stares at me and starts licking it's mouth. I'm not kidding!

CAPTCHA: some intonsh
Yeah I could go for some intonsh right now.

You know, I'm kind of reminded of the Robot Chicken sketch of the guy's little naked song-and-dance for his cats.

Well it's normal I guess but it's not *actually* weird.
Only humans are silly enough to react to nudity, the animals should react more to clothing!

Well it depends. Are we talking pets or animals you go looking for?

Fun fact! The animals are also naked! :D

No, really, I do not find it weird simply because... well... I do not find it weird to get naked at all! I like being naked. :D

When I get home from school and my dog's in the room, it's not a big enough deal for me to kick the dog out, (which I could easily do to my 4kg toy poodle), while I take off my school pants and put on jeans, but if my dog saw my junk, it would be kinda weird...

Nope, just weird to enjoy it!

Cleaned.

Oh I wish every topic was like this instead of "WHY ALL THE HATE FOR MY FAVOURITE GAME DERP?"

Yes, now that you mention it, it does feel weird to me to get naked in front of my dog. I guess it's connected to our tendency to humanize everything and especially domesticated animals.

Only if the animals wear clothes.

gamezombieghgh:
When I get home from school and my dog's in the room, it's not a big enough deal for me to kick the dog out, (which I could easily do to my 4kg toy poodle), while I take off my school pants and put on jeans, but if my dog saw my junk, it would be kinda weird...

4kg dog? Is that still a dog when it's that small? My cats weigh 5 and 6,5 kilos for heavens sake.
Such tiny-baby dog! </TF2 Heavy voice>

I've heard from a friend of mine that his cat once mistook his junk for a playful, dangly cat toy. This alone would keep me from changing in front of my pets, just in case they got any similar ideas.

Redlin5:
Well I feel uncomfortable too. Stop looking at it innocently and not caring! It's creepy O.o

Would you feel better if it looked like i wanted to mate with you? xD

OT: Im indifferent to the whole thing. Doesn't really matter.

It's weirder to ask if it's weird to get naked in front of animals. It's unlikely they can even comprehend clothing.

Only if the animal wants to jump your bones.

So... No.

The Almighty Grigard:

gamezombieghgh:

4kg dog? Is that still a dog when it's that small? My cats weigh 5 and 6,5 kilos for heavens sake.

He has a very small build, you don't need him to worry about being underfed, if there's an animal that's supposed to be that skinny, it's him.

It doesn't really bother me, but when my cat is staring at my... southern regions while I'm in the shower I usually turn around. When I first got her I threw her out while I was in the bathroom, but I learned that it was an impossible feat. She would start scratching the door for several minutes, meowing like crazy and then proceed to bite my legs when I got out.

Btw, good luck, OP! :D

If you go out of your way to get naked in front of animals, then yes; you need to be sectioned.

If your pet just happens to be in the room, then no. Unless you start getting aroused, in which case you really need to be sectioned. Or just shot.

Contrary to waht otehrs ahve said, dogs are not stupid.

Yes, they know you are another mamilian animal.
Yes, they know that you have fabric or other material over your skin.
Yes, they know that you jsut took it all off your skin.
Yes, they know that those are your genitals.

For the most part, they won't care. they're naked all the time, after all, and they can see the genitals of other animals allthe time, generally. you are no different. they likely think it more peculiar that you cover it it.

They may be more interested when you underss because when you're naked they will be able to smell you, in particualr your scnet, more clearly.

For the record, if you are having sex with your significant other and the cat or dog is in the room, Yes, they know exactly what you are doing. They aren't stupid. Equally so, they understand what you're doing when you fly solo around them.

The amount of interest they show will depend on their personality and their perceived relationship to you and/or your partner. That will be as individual as the pets themselves.

Personally, I don't find either of these things weird or stange, the same as I have no reservations being nude in the company of my other family members. My pet dog is my pet dog; it doesn't matter if he's watching me while I change, or seems fascinated by what I'm doing with my fingers between my legs in my own bed... I'd definitely be flustered and perturbed if my brother or father walked in and saw me in the latter position (naked is one thing... that is quite another), but I don't mind my dog watching.

-Harla

Just ask yourself this- does the animal feel weird that it's constantly naked in front of you while you're wearing cloths all the time? I mean, try to put a coat/shirt on a cat and just watch, it'll freak out.

People aren't use to being naked all the time unless you live on those naked beaches. Point is, you shouldn't worry for they'd probably think you're shedding your 'skin' off or something. However, still watch out when you have dogs because for some reason they get to curious... bout the crocth .. yea...

gamezombieghgh:

The Almighty Grigard:

gamezombieghgh:

He has a very small build, you don't need him to worry about being underfed, if there's an animal that's supposed to be that skinny, it's him.

I am pretty sure that I never mentioned any concern about your dogs health. Just that you have a really really small dog. Smaller than a cat (at least compared to my huge fuck-off boulders for cats).

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked