How do I use the "spoiler hide" function?

So I can't figure out how to use the "hidden spoiler" whatsaframmal, or how to make words bold, crossed out ect.

I have highlighted a word and right clicked for a drop down menu. I then went to "font" and all the options are grayed out. I have tried work around such as opening the font option in a separate menu and selecting bold or what ever, then I click apply (while the word is highlighted) and nothing happens.

I have also tried selecting these option before typing to no avail.

Would really like some advice, thanks.

you type [*spoiler=Whatever you want the box to say] Text you want inside the spoiler box to go here [*/spoiler]

Take away the *'s

End result

If you're still confused, quote me to see how I've done it.

I guess you mean for the escapist forum but it can't be since I have no idea of any kind of drop down menu when typing a message, specify pwetty please?

Simple. {spoiler} {/spoiler}
Swap the { & } for [ & ] or < & >
There is a thread with a whole list of the codes you can use on the forums.

basm321:
So I can't figure out how to use the "hidden spoiler" whatsaframmal, or how to make words bold, crossed out ect.

I have highlighted a word and right clicked for a drop down menu. I then went to "font" and all the options are grayed out. I have tried work around such as opening the font option in a separate menu and selecting bold or what ever, then I click apply (while the word is highlighted) and nothing happens.

I have also tried selecting these option before typing to no avail.

Would really like some advice, thanks.

Even though you got a great answer, I'd also like to direct you here because it has other great posting commands as well like the spoiler, color posts, youtube posts, etc.

For more little tricks, like color bold, slashed text or

huge text

. Visit here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.198114-Escapist-User-Guide-to-Posting-Commands#6436211

Thanks fellas.

I did look for a sticky thread of the stuff but I couldn't find it.

This is why I like the escapist people are actually HELPFUL, well gamefaqs as well but anyways.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this has proved to be invaluable. Much kudos for the advice

just a quick test here fellas, dont mind me

how to do stuff

quote this post and have a sneaky peek

this is how you quote

this is how you embed youtube

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked