He raped a 13 year old girl, he got away with it...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

GIVE IT UP FOR ROMAN POLANSKI, THE MAN WHO TAUGHT THE WORLD THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING IF THEY'RE FAMOUS

LET'S GET CRAZY BITCHES

Edit:
Roman Polanski raped a girl in the the late 70s and fled to Europe. A million years later (about 09) he got in the news for not being allowed in Zurich. Now he's allowed in, symbolizing flippancy for the law if you're famous.

And? You got anything else to say? He still isn't allowed in the States

EDIT. Okay, now that you've actually said something I'll comment. That is a rather gross mistreatment of the law. He's still a convicted sex offender in North America, but in Europe he's able to dance around free?

ELABORATIONS PLEASE?
the fuck is roman polanski and whats all this crappington spongebacon?

I thought i was being trolled there for a second...
Change it quickly so people can see what you really mean.
You haven't given much information, and the mods will get you for it.
But if you hurry, you'll be fine :)

EDIT: Okay, you've given some information, if a little brief about the situation.
Yeah, that sounds really bad, but is he still not allowed into America or is that what you are talking about?

TrilbyWill:
ELABORATIONS PLEASE?

He was a movie director who had sex with a 13 year old girl and is no longer allowed into the USA because he'll be instantly arrested and go to prison for life.

Custard_Angel:

TrilbyWill:
ELABORATIONS PLEASE?

He was a movie director who had sex with a 13 year old girl and is no longer allowed into the USA because he'll be instantly arrested and go to prison for life.

That doesn't sound like 'getting away with it' to me, that sounds more like 'in exile because they'll get him if he goes back'.
It's just that they can't get him overseas.
Unless there is something i am missing.

I'm not sure that being banned from a country under threat of life in prison is "getting away with it"...

EDIT: Whoops, I wrecked my 11111th post. Damn.

Wait so He was banned fro mthe country?
THats not getting away with it at all!

TrilbyWill:
ELABORATIONS PLEASE?

Roman Polanski is a famous movie director whose wife and unborn child were messily murdered by the Manson family, and crappington spongebacon is the most awesome expression I've heard today. So, thank you!

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/2009/10/27/samantha-geimer-wants-roman-polanski-charges-dropped/

There's a picture of the girl. If I were someone "in charge" I would publically demand he be delivered to America. He deserves to spend the rest of his life in a jail...or worse.

Apologies are cool and all...but for something such as this, it's altogether immoral. The man knew what he was doing. The celebs and other famous people who actually vouch for him sicken me as a human being.

Sizzle Montyjing:

Custard_Angel:

TrilbyWill:
ELABORATIONS PLEASE?

That doesn't sound like 'getting away with it' to me, that sounds more like 'in exile because they'll get him if he goes back'.

I suppose the "getting away with it" part comes from the fact that he's still an internationally acclaimed director with a very successful career including many prestigious films and the fact that if he were to get arrested there would likely be a Hollywood uproar in an attempt to have him exonerated.

Even though he engaged in sexual intercourse with raped a 13 year old girl.

Soviet Heavy:

I think the point is rather that he should be tried properly. Not being allowed into the US is hardly a punishment.

lacktheknack:
I'm not sure that being banned from a country under threat of life in prison is "getting away with it"...

He's not American, and he doesn't seem to have struggled with not being able to go there for the past 35 years.

Believe it or not, simply not being allowed into the US is not quite as punishing as serving jail time.

Arsen:
http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/2009/10/27/samantha-geimer-wants-roman-polanski-charges-dropped/

There's a picture of the girl. If I were someone "in charge" I would publically demand he be delivered to America. He deserves to spend the rest of his life in a jail...or worse.

The victim wants the charges dropped. I think that request should come before the bloodthirst of people not involved in the crime.

Woodsey:

Soviet Heavy:

I think the point is rather that he should be tried properly. Not being allowed into the US is hardly a punishment.

Unless you really like going to baseball games... which is probably a sign of mental illness anyway.

Custard_Angel:

I suppose the "getting away with it" part comes from the fact that he's still an internationally acclaimed director with a very successful career including many prestigious films and the fact that if he were to get arrested there would likely be a Hollywood uproar in an attempt to have him exonerated.

How exactly do you continue a career like that?
Unless we're talking about previously made films, in which case they can still be good.
But is he still making them then?

Woodsey:

Soviet Heavy:

lacktheknack:

He's not American, and he doesn't seem to have struggled with not being able to go there for the past 35 years.

Believe it or not, simply not being allowed into the US is not quite as punishing as serving jail time.

Sorry, I wrote that post before he edited his response to actually say something. This is pretty terrible that they're letting him back into Zurich

She consented, fyi. Not saying that makes it ok, but she also said to let it go.

SO LET IT GO!!!

Sizzle Montyjing:

Custard_Angel:

Unless we're talking about previously made films, in which case they can still be good.

Year of the rape: 1977
Oscar nominations since then: 14
Oscar wins since then: 6

He got 7 nominations and 3 wins for The Pianist alone.

He's released probably a dozen or so movies since the event including one coming out towards the end of this year.

The guy had a hell of a career after he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.

Custard_Angel:

The guy had a hell of a career after he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl.

Who wants to register the "Roman Polanski Drugged & Raped A Girl In 1977" domain name?

Psychotic-ishSOB:
She consented, fyi. Not saying that makes it ok, but she also said to let it go.

SO LET IT GO!!!

She didn't consent. She was lured to his house by a photo shoot, drugged with alcohol and prescription drugs and then raped.

She says now that he shouldn't be pursued, which kind of lends weight to the "he got away with it argument".

He deserves to take responsibility for what he's done.

The message it sends is that "its ok to drug and rape a girl if you're famous and you don't make a habit out of it because one day she might be fine with it".

Custard_Angel:

Psychotic-ishSOB:

SO LET IT GO!!!

She didn't consent. She was lured to his house by a photo shoot, drugged with alcohol and prescription drugs and then raped.

She says now that he shouldn't be pursued, which kind of lends weight to the "he got away with it argument".

The message it sends is that "its ok to drug and rape a girl if you're famous and you don't make a habit out of it because one day she might be fine with it".

It's a message played out many a time, how many "celebrates" get away with thing we'd be thrown in prison for? Here in the UK it's ridiculous, they get tiny fines whereas anyone else would be locked up or have to sell their house for the fine they'd get.

Sizzle Montyjing:

Custard_Angel:

TrilbyWill:
ELABORATIONS PLEASE?

A lot of countries willing extradite people who are in their countries if they are on good terms with the other.

He for example could not enter the UK or he would be arrested and extradited to someone who would prosecute due to the international warrant(I assume, if they have any sense) out for him.

The European courts would arrest him if he was on their sovereign soil announced. He is in Switzerland... and Switzerland know where all the Nazi gold and all the bodies and all the off shore bank accounts and all the rich criminals of the world are... and they have dirt on every single country... The Swiss are ultra neutral which plays to their advantage. People leave them alone and people in it... the Swiss don't let secrets out. They are not a member state of the Europe Union and therefore he can remain there... and only there or other shady countries.

Also exile is far different to justice.
Would forgive Colonel Gaddafi be punished adequately if he was just in "exile", in Africa or Venezuela... with his blood money?

meh he's a good director so i am not that bothered. To be honest i don't want him to go to prison purely because i want to see more films made by him.

cookyy2k:

Custard_Angel:

Psychotic-ishSOB:

SO LET IT GO!!!

It's a message played out many a time, how many "celebrates" get away with thing we'd be thrown in prison for? Here in the UK it's ridiculous, they get tiny fines whereas anyone else would be locked up or have to sell their house for the fine they'd get.

My understanding is that a celebrate is someone who conducts a wedding... One of us has the wrong end of the stick here I think.

Sizzle Montyjing:

He has both made and acted in plenty of films since then.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000591/

As you can see being conviced of rape in 77 hasnt exactly effected his career at all.

Here are some relevent articles for those who dont really know anything about this. I am kind of surprised the OP is bitching about this right now since the whole him being released thing was over a year ago.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/27/zurich.roman.polanski.arrested/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7892946/Roman-Polanski-released-after-paperwork-mix-up.html

Psychotic-ishSOB:

SO LET IT GO!!!

Im not sure if consented is the right word. Unless of course by consented you mean being drugged and given alcohol. You also failed to mention the fact that he pleaded guilty to raping her and then fled the country before he was sentenced.

Custard_Angel:

cookyy2k:

Custard_Angel:

My understanding is that a celebrate is someone who conducts a wedding... One of us has the wrong end of the stick here I think.

Or just a screwed up spell checker and dyslexia :p

You still get the jist.

Psychotic-ishSOB:

SO LET IT GO!!!

Ignoring the fact that she was drugged, a thirteen year old cant consent to sex.

Father Time:

Arsen:

The victim wants the charges dropped. I think that request should come before the bloodthirst of people not involved in the crime.

It's not about blood lust. No one is above the law. No one should get away with brutalizing another human being.

The fact that the Swiss government wont allow him to be extradited is fucking disgusting.

He didn't really get away with this, he payed substantial reconstitution and is a fugitive from the law. Personally I think when the victim reaches the age of adulthood and has been saying for years she does not want to see him in jail its time to stop a manhunt that has been going on for longer than most people here have been alive.

Mcoffey:

Psychotic-ishSOB:

SO LET IT GO!!!

Ignoring the fact that she was drugged, a thirteen year old cant consent to sex.

Father Time:

Arsen:

It's not about blood lust. No one is above the law.

It's not about being above the law. The victim doesn't want to press charges and since she probably isn't being threatened into doing it, that should be the end of it.

Poeple flee from crimes all the time whether they're famous or not, this case is remembered BECAUSE the guy is famous so it isn't an advantage, it's a disadvantage.

If hes still running around and living life then... He got away with it. and getting banned from America aint really a punishment now is it?

Father Time:

It's not about being above the law. The victim doesn't want to press charges and since she probably isn't being threatened into doing it, that should be the end of it.

Except it's not just about her anymore. He's a confirmed rapist at large. He's a threat to society, and the fact that he got away with it could potentially inspire further rapes by people who think they can beat the system like he did. If he's arrested and brought to justice, it will show that, even Oscar winners are never untouchable.

I don't condone rape in any of its forms, but this is case is a bit more complex than merely saying he raped a 13 year old girl.

Several things point towards the fact that Polanski was clearly out of his mind at the time in part due to the infamous Sharon Tate murder. He probably also had some aversion towards being arrested due to being an Holocaust survivor.

He chickened out and ran away. Still, the victim, her mother, the defense lawyer and (if I recall correctly) one of the judges all thought the case should be decided out of court and the charges dropped. There must be a reason behind this that only the involved know.

But I do agree that there are way too many cases of celebrities getting away with it. And I figure that even if he had been caught before leaving the US, he'd still have had an easier time than a regular person.

The blood god demands his blood for chaos. And his skull for his throne.

Least thats my view on things.

*sigh* I wish i was a talented movie director :(

Then i'd not only be getting away with underage and therefore normal rape should I wish so, but have people, both celebrities and those belonging to the common folk, actually stand up for me and defend my right to rape whom i please due to my genius, throwing parties and galas in my honor to raise awareness of the injustice that is me being punished or suffering consequences for my actions. Please, that's for the poor and "normals" ^^

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked