What's your favorite transformation sequence?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

coolest mecha transformation ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYk-IIQvBsE

FernandoV:
Sorry guys, I won this video contest hands down.

I always wondered what his release states were. Kinda disappointing, though. Bat wings? Demon motif? Really, Kubo? He did some interesting stuff with the other Espada, but this just feels like a letdown. I mean I like it and all and the vertical black lines from his hole are a very nice visual touch, but it's hardly mind-blowing. The form itself is sort of...plain. The furry lower half does get points, though.

Leemaster777:
Hey, Tommy isn't lame. He's the friggin Chuck Norris of Power Rangers.

Heh, never said he was lame, but most people consider Power Rangers as such. I posted that because I thought it more accessible and/or understandable than some of the others I could have put up.

bleachigo10:
I was always a fan of the Digievolutions as I believe the called it in the Digimon series.

These are clips from the Japanese version but it still properly conveys it's badassery.

They were cool, but sometimes they literally took up a quarter of the episode. And I'm using the word literally literally here.

Gonna have to go with Sailor Moon here. Sorry for the shitty video quality, BUT IT HAS TUXEDO MASK'S TRANSFORMATION!!!!

1: The chaos bringer himself.

2: The beautiful sailor scout.

3: Kadaj Transforming:

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Megatron transforming into Galvatron

Yugi's first transformation into Yami Yugi in The Shadow Games (aka season 0) Also in Ep 4.

Speaking on Yu-Gi-Oh, Marik Ishtar transforming into Yami Marik

The Pokemon evolution in the anime and games

Heres the DBZ stuff:
Goku transforming into a Super Saiyan (first one to say it, I think) - Kai Version
Vegeta transforming into a Super Saiyan (while fighting Android 19 and in the flash back) -original DBZ version (with Bruce Falcouner's "Super Saiyan Vegeta" theme)
Broly transforming into the Legendary Super Saiyan

First off: Mummy's Alive!!! You could so many cool points for remembering that show! Also, yeah that was pretty good as far as transformation sequences go.

I have to admit when I think of transforming, the first thing that comes to mind is anime. Magical girl series and stuff in between.

A couple people already mentioned Digimon which I think is a good example. But more specifically, the higher levels transformations. Turning to ultimate to mega to warp. The longer and more detailed one is, the more I like it. Digimon Frontier was awesome to me because it was long and nice like.

Sailor Moon is a good one too. I liked the way the girls transformed. It was one of the things I liked about the show besides the way they called out their attacks. I love when people call out their attacks.

Also, I wanna throw in Power Rangers. To some degree. I've been looking at some old ones and eps I'd never seen before and I kinda like they way they transform. I particularly like Dino Thunder, SPD and Jungle Fury.

Mine would have to between Yugi turning to Yami because Yu-Gi-Oh is such a big thing in my life since 2003 oor My Grovlte turn into Sceptile On pokemon Emerald (sceptile being my favourite pokemon).

Marik2:

Princess Rose:

Marik2:

Im digging the wings

Mmm... that's less a transformation scene as a transformation scene and a weapon-summon/use scene. The transformation itself was rather short and uneventful. The weapons... well, I've never cut someone into pieces with my stocking, but you never know.

Edit: Whoops - cut the second video by mistake. Um... if you want to see what I'm talking about here, please see Marik2's post above for the second video.

Well the anime is a tongue in cheek parody of a lot of western and Japanese animation tropes.

That scene was basically saying "This is really why you watch magical girls"

And heres their main arch foes

What's the anime called?

I'll go with Goku transforming into a Super Saiyan.

I was young (like 7 or 8), so Crillen's death genuinely shook me, and to see Goku turn into the blond version of him (I honestly thought that they were two different characters), gave me the chills.

FernandoV:

What's the anime called?

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

This right here was the cornerstone of my late night TV watching adventures when i was a kid. It was amazing the stuff they'd put on kids' shows like Fox Kids at midnight. Tekkaman was incredibly violent for a kids show, despite the hours it aired!

I loved every second of it. Tekkaman and Escaflowne were two shows i loved to bits as a kid, watching them when i wasn't supposed to be up at such late hours. It makes me want to rewatch them now as a 21 year old adult.

Transformation made more awesome by the music. Not my favourite example of her transformation, but I do want to avoid spoilers oh so badly.

Takuanuva:

Does this count?

Yes!!

the ones from final fantasy X-2:

I especially enjoy the psychic'er outro I wish i could have those.also super sonic from sonic adventure and power stone power changes but i've put up enough videos anyways

Alot of people are talking about An American Werewolf In London... Love the movie, but for transformation I gotta go with The Howling...
Fuck Jacob, right?

I have a Digimon one! WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon become Omnimon!

octafish:
Rick Baker is the master. Fuck that CGI shit, this is how it is done.

On the moors, we were attacked by a lycanthrope, a werewolf. I was murdered, an unnatural death, and now I walk the earth in limbo until the werewolf's curse is lifted.

Fuck Rick Baker, Rob Bottin is the master. Fuck that CGI, shit, THIS is how it's done.

Marik2:

But sadly she has been upstaged by these two ladies :P

Thank you,I was hoping this wouldn't take too long to show up.

Also posted from the same guy:

Marik2:

Well the anime is a tongue in cheek parody of a lot of western and Japanese animation tropes.

That scene was basically saying "This is really why you watch magical girls"

And heres their main arch foes

Wow,congratulations parody anime transformation scenes don't take 300 pages to be posted this time!
(You are pretty much right,the transformations in this show have no reason to exist except to make fun of every Magical Girl anime ever)

Mawaru Penguindrum contains the most pointlessly epic transformation I've ever seen.

also this show gets DAAAAARK.
Like rape/human sacrifice/child death dark.
but YAY pretty colors!

Gralian:

This right here was the cornerstone of my late night TV watching adventures when i was a kid. It was amazing the stuff they'd put on kids' shows like Fox Kids at midnight. Tekkaman was incredibly violent for a kids show, despite the hours it aired!

I loved every second of it. Tekkaman and Escaflowne were two shows i loved to bits as a kid, watching them when i wasn't supposed to be up at such late hours. It makes me want to rewatch them now as a 21 year old adult.

Oh my God, I think I love you. I had TOTALLY forgotten about that show. I watched that show as a kid, but I never realized it was Tekkaman. Kinda obvious in retrospect.

Okay, so I said I wanted to give something accessible but there's one I forgot that is a bit off the beaten track but I THINK people just might like it. The series is GARO. Yes, all caps. One person once stated that if you enjoyed Devil May Cry, you have a fair chance of enjoying this. It's a fair amount of CG, but I think in this day and age we're all used to that. Enjoy!

Snake Plissken:
snip the clips

Dascylus:
snip the clip

Well I think we can all agree that Practical effects > CGI, right?
Guys like Savini, Baker, Bottin and Walas made these films much more visceral than all these recent disappointing CGI fests.

Tsukuyomi:
Props for the Panty and Stocking transformation. I still need to finish that series...

Personally? One of my favorites is a BIT lame, but it still sticks with me for the sheer shock value/"Holy SHIT am I old..."

Ok that one made me break into hysterics, only because I remember watching that when I was back in grade school and thinking it was the best thing ever. Oh and the completely dated script and over the top acting, that was funny too.

OT: Soul eater, Kid's soul resonance death cannon. Happens only once but the entire scene is awesome.

Cpu46:

Tsukuyomi:
Props for the Panty and Stocking transformation. I still need to finish that series...

Personally? One of my favorites is a BIT lame, but it still sticks with me for the sheer shock value/"Holy SHIT am I old..."

Ok that one made me break into hysterics, only because I remember watching that when I was back in grade school and thinking it was the best thing ever. Oh and the completely dated script and over the top acting, that was funny too.

OT: Soul eater, Kid's soul resonance death cannon. Happens only once but the entire scene is awesome.

God, BONES did such a great job with the animation in this. Too bad they fucked up the story at the end.

On topic, I'm not sure if it counts, but I liked Good Luck Mode.

Cpu46:

Should see the rest of the series. They take considerable time to poke fun at the franchise itself. Usually at Tommy's expense. Everything from comments on why the monsters always have to grow big, to the tendency to wear one's corresponding color. As I recall they even had a fun episode with the three main characters watching a horrible dub of the Japanese source footage and the red one getting outraged because it's all so corny and cheesy.

I kick it old school.

Final Fantasy XIII. Lightning's Gunblade transforming from a rifle into a sword.

wellll transformers sort of win no matter what.

majoras mask transformations are as awesome as they are utterly harrowing.

marginal:
I kick it old school.

Eh, I think the new version does it better. It just seems more...mystical.

"It's aware..."

Probably the squickiest thing Square ever did.

I remember when I was young waiting all day at school so I can come home and see this transformation.

The greatest transformation of all time.

My current favorite is Ichigo, from Bleach, pulling out his Bankai.

I think that Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan's transformation is the most epic:

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked