Shitty ass android

So I recently bought a Asus Transformer and so far I found only one flaw. The shitty ass Honeycomb OS it comes with. I just hate it, I mean there are some pretty cool apps like the "Super note" it comes with, but I doesn't get anywhere near to outweighing the pain in the ass it is to use android on a computer like tablet. I hate it how you cant close programs by simply taping a close button, instead you have to navigate through a menu in the settings to find the running apps and force close it. Then there is the mobile browsing, that's one thing I don't fucking understand, why make it impossible(hyperbole) for android users to use the good ol' youtube, no. We have to use the fucking unintuitive mobile youtube which is just as bad as the youtube app. Sure it's fine to watch a video here and there but have you seen what a mess the subscription feed is like, there are old videos mixed with new videos in no particular order, it's not even divided by uploaders. One lone coder could fix that in a day.
My question is, is it really that hard to make a proper tablet OS?

Yes. Or, better yet; Jail Break it and install Linux

my android (HTC Desire) allows me the option of viewing websites in a non mobile format, why not just try that?

FelixG:
my android (HTC Desire) allows me the option of viewing websites in a non mobile format, why not just try that?

Pretty much this, my incredible S is the same. you just have to go into settings and change the default from "mobile browser" to "full page". Sorry can't help with the not closing apps intuitively.

Well it shouldn't be too hard to access the regular youtube, I've never tried but I can access non-mobile eBay just fine by clicking the "classic site" hyperlink...I'm sure youtube has a similar thing. And I don't know any non-service apps that need to be forced closed...You should be able to just press the back button (if you have a physical key for back) or press the menu button and select close.

Though for a tablet I think windows is a better choice...though android is brilliant as a phone OS.

While I'd agree with you that Honeycomb is horrible (out of all the Android Tablets right now I'd pick a 7" one running gingerbread, well I did and I'd do it again...) but your problems doesn't really seem to be related to the fact that Honeycomb suck...

First, your not supposed to close programs, you don't have to. The OS is design to take care of resource management so you don't have to, if for example you start a game and need more RAM an app not currently in use will be closed, just let them be...

Second, check the options of the browser, probably set to go to mobile sites if possible. Try getting something like Dolphin Browser, much better than the stock one.

And no, it's not really that hard to make a tablet OS, iOS is great unless you absolutely need filesystem access but it's designed so you don't. Android will likely be a lot better once Icecream Sandwhich comes out, Honeycomb wasn't really read for release, it was supposed to be what Icecram will be... It's just that they rushed it out...
If iOS isnt your things for whatever reason and Android doesn't quite fit your taste go for a Windows 8 tablet when they start coming around next year...

My androids on gingerbread and views YouTube as you would on a pc, little slow when using 3G but gets the job done.

Yeah, dolphin is pretty good, that's a problem fixed. But Honeycomb is just bad to use, it's hard to explain but, I'd just rather wait and install ubuntu on it or something. I just don't understand how can someone code such unintuitive OS. Don't android developers use android? I'll check on gingerbread, is newer or something? EDIT: It's older and for phones not tablets.

Oh! if you download the system panel app, you can just click it once, click the program, then click end task without having to navigate a lot, I have the system panel right on my first page so its easy to use.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked