Poll: I'm Batman.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So for those of you who are unaware, DC had itself a little reboot.
In this reboot, Batman has been given four of the 52 new titles. (If you count his affiliates such as NightWing, BatGirl, BatWoman, Teen Titans having Red Robin in it, Batwing, and Red Hood, there are actually ten I can think of) Two of these titles have decided to go in the ultra-gritty direction, which I don't approve of. Someone must approve of it though, or they wouldn't do it. As such, I must ask: How gritty do you like your Batman?

I'd go with Adam West or Tim Burton's Batman. Both are very awesome.

Chris Nolan Batman. No freaking contest. If it was that version of Batman in Arkham City it'd be perfect, I really hate the version they go with.

I am going with adam west just because his voice is like my ears are having an orgasm, but I like the Tim Burton batman too.

The 93' Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Batman cartoon. That level anyway.

Got to say its a nice balance between the fun, wacky villainy and the seriousness. I do like my grim, gritty Batman as well but I got to go with the awesomeness inherent to semi-serious Batman.

You know 93' and 98' as well as Arkham Asylum's and Arkham City's Batman are all voiced by Kevin Conroy. It's hard to decide between 93 and 98.

Okay, the Batman flying thing.

Hilarious.

I want my Batman Neal Adams style.

Or failing that, Grant Morrison.

I've always been a big fan of the animated series version of Batman (the original, although the later once are pretty good too). There was a good mix of serious and silly in those shows, a good balance between the old and the new, IMO.
On a sidenote, I did like Miller's Batman in Year One and Dark Knight too a certain degree, but All-Star was just stupid, immature and stupid (did I mention stupid, if not, stupid).

Now I liked Adam West Batman at times but it could get too ridiculous.

Hand me down...the shark repellent, bat spray...love that, especially with no one operating the helicopter and the shark explodes for some reason...but yeah, I like the Christopher Nolan films, they easily have the most amount of depth, style and intelligence of any Batman adaptation even if Christian Bale's voice does kind of grate on you.

Queen Michael:

Can you give those a number on the scale I provided in the poll?

Seeing as how it created the greatest line ever uttered Im going to say Frank Miller Batman.

In defence of Frank Miller, Year One and TDKR are the two best Batman comic books in my opinion, and pretty much sum up who Batman should be at the beginning and end of his career. They should be read (and probably have) by every single Batman fan.

However...

His All-Star monstrosity and every other racist, lazily drawn piece of shite that Miller releases as a comic book should be thrown away and/or used as loo-roll.

Have to go with option 4, the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Batman. Gritty, but not without forgetting the fun.

You forgot the Batman surfing thing. Adam West hands DOWN.

EvilPicnic:
In defence of Frank Miller, Year One and TDKR are the two best Batman comic books in my opinion, and pretty much sum up who Batman should be at the beginning and end of his career. They should be read (and probably have) by every single Batman fan.

However...

His All-Star monstrosity and every other racist, lazily drawn piece of shite that Miller releases as a comic book should be thrown away and/or used as loo-roll.

We're not talking about quality here, we're talking about grittyness. As far as I'm aware DKR is pretty damn gritty, but I wasn't familiar enough with it to provide an example from it, which is why I provided the ASBAR panel.

I love the two extremes. Either very dark, very gritty, very serious Batman, or Adam West-style campy shenanigans.

Souplex:

Queen Michael:

Can you give those a number on the scale I provided in the poll?

Hm, I guess I could try... Morrison has such a mix of unseriousness that he's impossible to peg down on the scale. Neal Adams, on the other hand, is a 3 & 4.

Gotta go with the Timm/Dini incarnation. The animated series was still a bit tacky/campy for my taste in the beginning, but once it moved into season 2, i.e. once it officially became 'The Adventures of Batman & Robin' (you could tell from the costume redesigns), the series adopted a darker tone, which was very much to my liking. Batman himself appeared to regain some levity of character once he moved over into Justice League, but he compensated for the lack of grittyness with extra coolness, which was also fine.

Holy polaris batman! Adam west is clearly the best batman.

I think I'm probably the only person on earth who actually prefers the Joel Schumacher films to the more modern Batman films. Something about the campyness of Batman and Robin makes it my all time favorite Batman film. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff too, but I just think Batman and Robin is the best. Batman himself, to me, has always been fairly boring, its his enemies that are more interesting. In Batman and Robin, the enemies are larger than life, which is what makes the movie shine.

Remember! Always winterize your pipes!

haha, classic.

I don't mean any offense, but I agree with Yahtzee's quote in Arkham Asylum: "Batman is the least interesting character in anything he's in".

To me, it's all about the environment and circumstances surrounding Batman. For that, I'm going to have to say the Christopher Nolan films.

Sorry :/ (Not a troll)

Ultratwinkie:

You forgot the Batman surfing thing. Adam West hands DOWN.

Watched that and the helicopter one. There's campy and then there's THAT!

OT: Miller, just for the screenshot you linked.

Oops, I totally misread the poll. Really anything other than Joel Schumaker's. Gun to my head Grant Morrison's; terrible shit happens but it isn't exclusively doom and gloom. If I have to pick from the pole, '98 animated.

I would be the batman of the 32nd millennium, have thousands of superhumans at my command, and have bat ears on my helmet

I apologize for my failure to include Batman: The Brave and The Bold, which is about a 2.5 on the scale I provided.

While Adam West is freaking hilarious as Batman, I had to pick Tim Burton. Batman himself wasn't too remarkable in his movies, but Jack Nicholson made the perfect Joker (Well, so did Heath Ledger, but whatever)

I would say Frank Miller, but I'm afraid that all people will remember when reading this comment is that goddamn cockup he made, rather than stuff like The Dark Knight Returns

I vote: Hank Venture

Within reason. So that rules out Frank Miller's Crazy Steve from All-Star and DK2. I don't even consider that to be gritty, just ridiculously stupid. I will also say that Batman doesn't always need to be dark.

I don't really care so long as it Batman. Batman is Batman no matter who it is.

keideki:
I think I'm probably the only person on earth who actually prefers the Joel Schumacher films to the more modern Batman films. Something about the campyness of Batman and Robin makes it my all time favorite Batman film. Don't get me wrong, I like the new stuff too, but I just think Batman and Robin is the best. Batman himself, to me, has always been fairly boring, its his enemies that are more interesting. In Batman and Robin, the enemies are larger than life, which is what makes the movie shine.

Remember! Always winterize your pipes!

haha, classic.

Don't worry, you're not alone. The Joel Schumacher films have always been my favorite Batman media. Now I wanna watch Batman and Robin...

Aside from those, I gotta go with the 93 Batman cartoon or Adam West as good Batman media. Other than that, I've always been more partial to Robin myself so Teen Titans is my all time favorite.

I thought Bale did Batman perfectly, so ill go with Nolans.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked