if you get a chance to win $1,000,000,000.00 in a lottery, Where will you spend the money? and why?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Im always curious of why some of the rich people become selfish,and some people use their money to assasinate someone, BUT WHY Do THeY beCOme BAd becAusE Of MonEY!???

I'd use it to fund my plans for world domination.

Destruction of churches and invest in things to make myself richer and the poor poorer.

and thats the cause of too much money, instead of thinking to help others you only think of yourself people get blind because of money which causing them to do bad thing,they worship money..instead of god.

jan david Obciana:
and thats the cause of too much money, instead of thinking to help others you only think of yourself people get blind because of money which causing them to do bad thing,they worship money..instead of god.

Well, I never worshipped or believed in any god to begin with.
It's one of those things I'll find out who is right once I'm dead.
Assuming there is an afterlife.

jan david Obciana:
and some people use their money to assasinate someone

It's actually pretty hard to kill someone using money. I mean, you could try to drop coins on their head from somewhere up high, or slit their throat using bills, but it seems like it would be mostly ineffective. Now if you have enough money I suppose you could beat someone over the head with gold bullion, but it seems like that would be very traceable.

jan david Obciana:

That's rather offensive and disrespectful. I mean, I totally accept your God and everything and I don't say your God made people do bad things, so why do you feel like you need to say that my god - money - makes people do bad things? I am most decidedly miffed by this. I demand a formal apology.

Wrong forum?

Anyway, money itself isn't the particular issue at hand. Money is merely a means to end. And, throughout human history, money and wealth generally lead to a more comfortable and enjoyable life. Or at least, this is how things are perceived by people who have little to no money. This is the ends that money is the means to: enjoyment.

Once you've obtained enough wealth to have a comfortable life style, a threat to your continued enjoyment sinks into your mind: what happens if your source of money dried up?
This is why in today's world the basic practice of running a business is geared towards making as much money today as humanly possible. Because you might not have the same opportunity tomorrow.

Looking into the games industry (to keeps things relevant) take Activision Blizzard's current business practice of running it's franchises into the fucking ground. It doesn't care about content quality, meaningful experiences or even making good games.
The sole purpose of it's practices is to generate as much money as possible for as little expenditure as possible as quickly as possible. It's not interested in sustainability. The current management staff don't care if Activision Blizzard folds tomorrow - they've made enough money today to sustain themselves.
This practice ensures that those who directly profit from the business' success the most make as much money today as possible, and have a high level of security for their way of life.

Now, if people had to fairly share the profits of the business according to the actual impact that their actions had upon that success - so, Developer's made the most money, and the board room suits who literally sign papers as opposed to contributing to the thing that pays their salaries - then the people at the top would make less money overall, and they'd have a lower level of security for their way of life, or - and this is why they're selfish - they'd have to "downgrade" their life style to match their income.

The selfish nature of humans is simple: if I have more money, I can either live at a sustained life style for longer before I run out of money.

jan david Obciana:
Im always curious of why some of the rich people become selfish,and some people use their money to assasinate someone, BUT WHY Do THeY beCOme BAd becAusE Of MonEY!???

Sounds like you've been watching too much tv.

....I'm suspicious of new guy.

And I'll do what I want with my money.

[EDIT]

Someone should spend some of their money on a keyboard that has a sane cap-lock/shift key...

As for my money? Food. Lots and lots of food. I'd probably open a chain of bakeries and, restaurants. I'm very, very hungry...

Most of it would go to improving my quality of life. Better house, better utilities. A lot of it would be spent on gaming. Anything else would go to college.

I'd become Batman, that is all

put half of it away so I got a nice starting budget when I leave the house.
use the other half to buy things I wanted for a while and replace my PC,s monitors.

Taking God out of the discussion, I must agree that we focus to the point of obsession on the acquisition and accumulation of money. Small scale example. One of the top reasons for divorce
money issues and the stress there of.

Money only stands for a monetary value because we believe it does.

So what would I do, put money away for my children and niece and nephews for the future. Tuck my parents away in there fantasy home. Buy property for my siblings. Then start a project my mother described to me years ago. Huge co-op communities that would employ people to build eachother houses and the work you put into other houses would pay for your own. (You also get a paid wage LOL) Kinda like the Building and Loan but more hands on.

Then finally invest.

Blue Hero:

jan david Obciana:

That's rather offensive and disrespectful. I mean, I totally accept your God and everything and I don't say your God made people do bad things, so why do you feel like you need to say that my god - money - makes people do bad things? I am most decidedly miffed by this. I demand a formal apology.

I would tend to agree with your post except for...

Blue Hero:
Destruction of churches and invest in things to make myself richer and the poor poorer.

After all, nothing says acceptance and tolerance of other people's Gods and religions like destruction of churches, eh?

OT; I would go mad with some of the money, but I would keep most of it as a means to a secure and happy life, maybe giving some to charity.

jkvoller:
I'd become Batman, that is all

Ditto. Probably put the money in a bank and invest into something usefull
Like crime fighting things.

Random berk:

Blue Hero:

After all, nothing says acceptance and tolerance of other people's Gods and religions like destruction of churches, eh?

That sounds like religion in general. Evangelicalism and Crusades ring any bells?

OT: 1 billion dollars... yeah, don't piss me off.

"The fastest way to climb the corporate ladder is to eliminate the person above you." - Wrex Urdnot

I buy Valve, have thme finish HL2:Ep3 then I buy something else. Not sure what yet. Maybe Walmart and tell them to stop being dicks. And if they don't...I liquidate them.

- Retire and buy a nice house
- Spend thousands of dollars making my D&D setup over the top amazing
- Spend tens of thousands of dollars to own at least four of every magic card printed
- Keep up to date with all gaming consoles and games of interest
- Then given a million dollars to pretty much everyone I know whose ever treated me kindly when growing up.

Rex Dark:

1 billion won't get you to far. Wars are expensive these days. I'm just gona invade the East Coast. Like Scorpio did in the 90's.

I'd get a mansion with a ton of cute maids along with a personal bodyguard and personal assistant(both female) I'd need a financial adviser, and then I would buy stocks in all of my favorite video game companies. finally I'd just sit back and watch my fortune grow.
awwwwww yeeeaaahh.

Damn you people and your world domination plans. I would fulfill my dream and pull a Curt Shilling by investing my money on owning a game developing company.

I would:

-Finish paying for mine and my brother's college
-Pay off my parents' and grandparents' debts
-Buy a nice house of my own
-Fill said house with the best electronics available

And, for my charitable contributions, I shall...

jan david Obciana:

...fund, or help fund, a series of grammar schools to combat this shitty grammar. SiNcE wHeN HaS tHiS eVeR bEeN a GoOd IdEa!? It fucking takes forever to do and looks horrible. Unless you just couldn't hold the shift key down, in which case you should know that we have a caps lock key.

jan david Obciana:

Buy an Island nation.
Modernize it.
Make it profitable.
Show up in the EU.
Get voted in as the supreme ruler of the European Union.
Rinse and Repeat till I'm the ruler of the world.

Blue Hero:

good luck with that, a billion is petty cash for most religious organizations.

id just by lots of shit i dont need and spend the rest of my life being lazy

Rex Dark:

Fund? With that much money fellow Fluttershy, you could buy the world!

steampro:

Rex Dark:

Buying the world at one billion dollars?

id probs save like 100 mill for myself/family/friends to live in complete comfort for the rest of my life, and then put the rest towards the space program or something interesting like that

Jove:

steampro:

Rex Dark:

Buying the world at one billion dollars?

Yes, the statue is right!
To properly take over the world, you need to invest in the right stuff.
1) Useless henchmen
2) A fort shaped like a skull or other menacing figures
3) Deadrays
4) The genetic research to turn into a giant snake. It never works though.
5) A giant super computer, with a large red ABORT button
6) a trusty advisor you never listen to.

That's about 800,000,000, so you got some left for a house-warming party and some snacks.

I'd blow the first 100 million on whatever I wanted, e.g. buying a nice house, paying my way into space, paying NBC to ensure that Community stays on the air, etc., just to get the spontaneous spending out of my system. I'd then put the remaining 900 mil in something with a decent guaranteed interest, and just live off of whatever it makes each year. I mean, even at a 1% rate, $900,000 a year is more than enough to live an entirely comfortable life. Then, when I'm old and had my fun, I'd dump the rest into some charity.

I just don't see a way I could spend that much money on things that I really, truly want without just being ridiculously wasteful.

I would give half the cash to the anti gaming lobby just for chuckles.

steampro:

Rex Dark:

Unfortunately, it's not nearly enough...
Not even to by a single country...

jan david Obciana:

Guessing "promoting literacy" isn't on your list...

I'd start a business. Most likely in the gaming industry. I have so many plans for games that it's not even funny. I'd triple that money.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked