What is your Christmas movie?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Everyone has that one special film that they watch during Christmas time; What is the movie that you watch to fully enjoy this time of year?

Mine would be "It's a Wonderful Life" directed by Frank Capra; this is that quintessential Christmas film that shows that one man can make a difference in the lives of so many. Whether it'd be a minor event, your choices affect everyone and when you help others out, they'll help you out in the end. This film has been parodied in so many ways, the latest in my mind being the episode from Warehouse 13. It's one of my favorite movies of all time and it always puts a smile on my face.

What's yours?

The closest I come to a 'christmas' movie is watching Demolition Man while trying to figure out what dipshit mistranslated the assembly instructions for whatever gadget I ended up with.

A Christmas Story! One year I even got a Red Ryder bb gun!

Die Hard. Find me a better Christmas movie, I dare you!

Gremlins its on tv every year at christmas

The Rankin/Bass versions of "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings". I know, not Christmas movies, but when I was a kid they would always air them at this time of year.

Hazy992:

Now that is one awesome Christmas movie! Although I'm surprised many don't consider it to be because it's so action oriented.

christmas vacation
its been a family tradition to watch it every year
my dad always liked it cause our last name is griswold

Hazy992:

Die Hard 2: Die Harder.
Oh! What now?!
You just got served!

Hazy992:

Dare to find a better christmas film? That's impossible. Die Hard is Christmas.

White Christmas. Kind of a tradition for our family to see.

That, and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

smearyllama:

Hazy992:

Oh! What now?!
You just got served!

Yeah but does Die Hard 2 have Hans Gruber? No? Didn't think so!

smearyllama:

Hazy992:

Oh! What now?!
You just got served!

Die Hard with a vengence or 4.0... Hahahaha, not set on christmas eve.

Elf, because I'm not really a fan of sappy old Christmas movies. And it was before Will Ferrel's downward spiral.

Dang it, OP! You stole mine. That's actually a tradition my family has. We get the entire extended family together of Christmas Eve and watch it.

Phlakes:
Elf, because I'm not really a fan of sappy old Christmas movies. And it was before Will Ferrel's downward spiral.

I do like Elf a lot, even though I don't really like Christmas films

Though there are plenty of films I always watch at Christmas, mine's also "It's a Wonderful Life". It makes me feel grateful for what I have and reminds me to take nothing for granted. After all, someone once said to me that even a man who has nothing still has everything to lose.

Gremlins is my favorite but I don't own it so I can't watch it year after year. I usually watch Batman Returns, another odd Christmas choice hah. It's really great, catwoman is sexy, the penguin is scary, and Christopher Walken is awesome as usual.

either home alone or a nightmare before christmas , they were always my favorites. :3

Muppet Christmas Carol (Muppets rule!)
Wakko's Wish (awesome Animaniacs movie that didn't get the attention it deserves)
and the MST3K version of Santa Claus conquers the Martians.

The Nightmare Before Christmas. Yeah... I'm one of those people.

Live action: White Christmas
Cartoon: (tie) Charlie Brown Christmas & Mr. Magoo's Christmas

javelinstark:
christmas vacation
its been a family tradition to watch it every year
my dad always liked it cause our last name is griswold

Dude same here. My family has watched that movie every single Christmas as far back as I can remember. It's one of my favourite movies and look forward to watching it every year.

Miracle on 34th Street and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The originals only if you please. Not the cruddy remakes. ESPECIALLY no the Jim Carey piece of garbage!

Hazy992:

smearyllama:

Hazy992:

Oh! What now?!
You just got served!

Yeah but does Die Hard 2 have Hans Gruber? No? Didn't think so!

I must agree with that, but does the first have John McLane blowing up a plane? Or an action-packed snowmobile chase? Does it?

The Gremlins, I have loved since I was a child.

Jingle All The Way...

I know its terrible, but I can't help but enjoy it...

Also, Bad Santa...

I really like to watch Love Actually this time of year. I know it's pussyish, and I don't like many of the actors/themes in it, but fuck it, it's christmas. If there's any time to watch tacky shit, this is it.

The original Black Christmas[i] from 1974, not that trashy remake. And [i]Silent Night, Deadly Night is nothing but fucking golden, especially the bad acting in the second one.

A Christmas Story all the way, I could recite that movie line for line if asked, it's pretty much on all day during the 24 hour Christmas Marathon, second place goes to Elf, love that movie

For the longest time it was National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Seems it been usurped by Elf and Always Sunny Christmas. (You just can't top Charlie Kelly biting santa's ear off).

Grandma got run over by a reindeer, I watch it every christmas and it seems to get worse every year.

Kevin Delgado:

Hazy992:

Now that is one awesome Christmas movie! Although I'm surprised many don't consider it to be because it's so action oriented.

Now I have a machinegun. Ho Ho Ho.

Muppet Christmas Carol is mine, but I can only find an edited version that has When Love is Gone cut out. I wish my VHS hadn't worn out, it is a particularly jarring cut.

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. That is my favourite movie/show of all time. I make an effort to see it every year.

Both Groundhog Day and Scrooged because Bill Murray is awesome and if you don't shed a tear during his impassioned speech at the end of scrooged then please consult a mortician as you are quite obviously dead inside.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked