Nicktoons Skips Buu Saga Goes Straight TO GT

Pages 1 2 NEXT

If I just understood a commercial Nicktoons will be going straight from the end of the Cell Saga to Dragonball GT.
Now is it just me or does that seem kind of ridiculous

Dragonball Kai ends after the Cell Saga. They didn't go past that.

Is Nicktoons going to show GT?

I thought Cartoon Network was the one airing Dragonball Kai.

From what the commercial I saw seemed to say yes they are going to show GT

There's only one thing to say to this news.

Thank you, Vader.

Wait... who's airing DBZ Kai?

"The series made its U.S. premiere on the Nicktoons network..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai_episodes

Alright. So it's Nick.

And why would they skip the Buu saga?! Besides, GT sucked. Or at least, relatively. I still liked it, although that's only because I was a big fan back then.

Wait...so Dragon Ball Z was good... Dragon Ball Kai being the digital remaster of that...and they are going to lead right into the shitty bastard offspring...also you cant have GT w/o the Buu Saga...

BLARGH!

Dragonball Kai stopped at the end of the Cell Saga, because mostly anything after that is just getting worse.
Including the whole of GT.

GT was so bad that I don't even consider it canon.

GAH, and they were doing so well...

For.I.Am.Mad:

Technically it isn't...

None of it was supported my Akira Toriyama. He resented SS4 he always meant for the SS3 form to be the most powerful.

Man that sucks, the Buu saga was awesome! I thought they would have at least made it in Kai.

So the Buu saga didn't get the remaster treatment?

I can't remember but didn't Akira Toriyama originally wanted Z to end after the Cell saga but change his mind due to fan demand?

Regradless it's a shame it didn't get the Kai treatment (I did check and it didn't made it on Kai) since I did liked that saga.

Actually it

Scarim Coral:

I can't remember but didn't Akira Toriyama originally wanted Z to end after the Cell saga but change his mind due to fan demand?

Regradless it's a shame it didn't get the Kai treatment (I did check and it didn't made it on Kai) since I did liked that saga.

Actually it was the Frieza saga, he knew he wanted goku to be known as the legendary super sayian hero that defeated the strongest in the universe and that he wanted goku not come back to earth but kinda become a space ronin, but the fans demanded more which is why after that saga no other official power levels were released except Trunks compressed, King Cold, and Cyborg Frieza.

For.I.Am.Mad:

Neither does Akira Toriyama, from what I've been told.

I can only say one thing, booooo-, but no really how does that even make sense? Like a third of the stuff in GT was related somehow to the Buu saga.

As many have said and many more say while the remaster does stop at the Cell Saga it does not make sense to go into Dragon Ball GT as there quite a few characters in there that are actually from the Buu saga like you know Buu and Uub.

DAPLAGUE:
Actually it

Scarim Coral:

Actually it was the Frieza saga, he knew he wanted goku to be known as the legendary super sayian hero that defeated the strongest in the universe and that he wanted goku not come back to earth but kinda become a space ronin, but the fans demanded more which is why after that saga no other official power levels were released except Trunks compressed, King Cold, and Cyborg Frieza.

Well in fairness the power levels were ridiculous by that stage anyway. Besides Goku's son Goten farting at as a baby probably would have had a power level of over 8,000 from the way the series went.

I only remember like half of GT. I do remember it being quite stupid though:

For.I.Am.Mad:

It's not canon. Not in the least.

I remember I stopped watching at the Buu saga, it got tedious as hell. DBZ got pretty shit after Frieza, really.

I'm still mad they stopped Kai after Cell. Yeah, the Buu saga wasn't as good as the others, but it still was fun to watch.

GT, on the other hand, is a disgrace. Those kids are gonna be disappointed and confused when they see GT. Pan, Videl, SSJ 3, Fusion, Goten, plus all the flashbacks that come from the Buu Saga aren't gonna be explained and it'll leave mass confusion. Then, GT itself is just shameful. Plotholes and stupidity, ahoy!

I remember watching DBZ and GT yooooonks ago on Cartoon Network (in England). I actually liked it all quite a lot. But then I was quite young (about 13 or so perhaps?) and I had had little frame of reference on what was 'good' at that point.

It seems a shame that they aren't remastering the Buu saga. I enjoyed that a lot, more than Cell and much more than Frieza.

GT? that was the one were Goku gets kiddyfied and travels through space with Trunks and Pan (?) right?

God that sucked. I think I stopped watching half way through. The Buu saga was ten times better. And even that was worse than the Freeza saga (He's the one that kinda looks like Mew Two's cousin yeah?). Was Vegeta still a dick at that point. I liked Vegeta when he was a dick.

Counting back, it's been 12 years since I last watched Dragon Ball Z. Me and my friends used to pretend we were Saiyans in the playground. Nobody else had any idea what we were on about.

My mum called DBZ the programme where everyone shouts all the time. On reflection it's quite an apt title.

Sorry, I'll just move my nostalgia over to the corner...

...I'm sure there was a Golliwog guy too, he just didn't give fvck...

The buu saga wasnt that long ago and the animation then wasnt that bad so there was no real reason to redo it.

As for the Gt, I liked gt. It was like the old Dragonball combined with Z. Baby was probably the scariest villain even more so than kid buu because of how he controlled people.

Well, the only thing worth it about the Buu saga was watching Krillin and 18's relationship, and of course, Buu versus chocolate.

DAPLAGUE:
Man that sucks, the Buu saga was awesome! I thought they would have at least made it in Kai.

Let me borrow your Avatar for this response to the OP please.

image Why would they... why? I love the Buu Saga, it's personally the best saga in the series (to me, no wait I figure it's to everyone's liking really.) That's also a major crippling move because a lot after does reflect back on the Buu saga, the flashbacks and abilities. Whoever thought that was a good idea should get fired. Sorry, but that's like skipping a whole season in Avatar the Last Airbender and showing the next one like a replacement if hosted on a different network. That doesn't cut it.

This move has angered The7Sins. Why they would cut short the awesomeness that is DBZ and instead show GT is beyond me. Yes I know the Buu saga didn't get the DBZ Kai treatment but who cares? Just show the original Buu saga then.
This is a sad day in anime indeed.

Sun Flash:
GT? that was the one were Goku gets kiddyfied and travels through space with Trunks and Pan (?) right?

God that sucked. I think I stopped watching half way through. The Buu saga was ten times better. And even that was worse than the Freeza saga (He's the one that kinda looks like Mew Two's cousin yeah?). Was Vegeta still a dick at that point. I liked Vegeta when he was a dick.

Counting back, it's been 12 years since I last watched Dragon Ball Z. Me and my friends used to pretend we were Saiyans in the playground. Nobody else had any idea what we were on about.

My mum called DBZ the programme where everyone shouts all the time. On reflection it's quite an apt title.

Sorry, I'll just move my nostalgia over to the corner...

...I'm sure there was a Golliwog guy too, he just didn't give fvck...

Eh, not really. GT did give him a moustache though.

...Aaaaaand that's about as far as my GT knowledge goes.

O.T: Eh, DB Kai kinda misses the DBZ feel anyway. Not enough padding. Plus the really well animated scenes look completely jarring up next to the original scenes.

OF course GT had all the characters from Z and felt like Dragonball and DBZ, it was meant to keep the franchise going ($$ motivates people a lot). Think of GT as a fanfic, a bad one but a fanfic nonetheless. Toriyama didn't wanna continue with the manga nor the anime so the TV company got the writers and staff of Z to make a new series (these are the folks that did all those lovely fillers, some of the bad movies, and responsible for the second coming of Garlic Jr.)GT does have its fans and I respect their decision to like it but I don't feel the same way about the series.
Kai is ok as it draws straight from the manga, this is something most old school manga are doing now for some reason like Hellsing, Ikkitousen, and Evangelion. Kai adds some new scenes and animation and isn't drawn out like 10 eps plus. I think as kids when we watched it that was the reason why, to see what would happen. It kept us glued to it wanting to see the whole thing played out. But with Kai since we know whats gonna happen, we're kinda expecting something new.

PS. in GT they made Vegeta look like Tom Selleck for no reason at all.

And nothing of value was lost. Buu was why I stopped watching it, it just got so absurdly silly at that point and the show had become 90% screaming/whinging/bickering and maybe 10% stuff happening. On top of that, by this point, death carried about as much weight as a piece of wet paper. Most, if not all, of the main cast had been dead at least twice, and they often didn't even need a revival to return.

Kurai Angelo:
Technically it isn't...

None of it was supported my Akira Toriyama. He resented SS4 he always meant for the SS3 form to be the most powerful.

Source?

Yeah I noticed this myself, and all I can think of is how confused some kids will be if this is their first and only experience with the series. I mean, there's so many characters and concepts that they brought up in the Buu saga that are at least mentioned in GT that these kids are going to be totally lost on.

Nicktoons didn't skip anything, Toei just ended it at the Cell saga. It doesn't make sense though that Nicktoons have gone straight to GT (which SUCKS!). It'll just confuse kids that never saw Z back in the day. "why is Goku alive?" "why is Vegeta nice?" "who the hell is Uub?" IMO Nicktoons should show Z from the Great Saiyaman saga onwards.

I really dislike GT anyway. What they did to Gohan really pissed me off. What the hell was with that? If they really have to show it, they need to show the Buu saga as well. Otherwise it'll make no sense. At all.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked