Mass Effect and the "Weird Sounds from the Sky" hoax.

In VGAs 2010 we watched for the first time the trailer for Mass Effect 3.
In this trailer the Reapers,ancient machines from space invade Earth.
Reapers have a distinct sound that they make,an ominous hum,that can be heard while watching the trailer.

A few weeks later,a video pops up on youtube about some guy recording "weird sounds from the Sky" and very soon it gets viral and other people start uploading videos where they supposedly record similar weird sounds.
Watching those videos,if we pay attention we might realize that most of them feature the exact same sound effects that are sounded in the game,the sounds Reapers does.
The only difference,is that they are processed to play slower,something easily done even with FLV player.

So,after a trailer which shows huge machinery which creates specific sounds destroying Earth in Apocalyptic fashion,the internet gets filled with videos where people hear weird sounds that in most of the videos happen to be the same used by the game,and they say that they might be from UFOs,or that they are a 'message' that the world is about to end.

Am I the only who is thinking that we are either

A) Witnessed some of the largest scale trolling ever.

or

B) Witnessed one of the most effective and grand viral marketing campaigns ever ?

Check it out for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BnEej1RfqTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8bytxqeUMPU

Could be a fan video, could be viral. Either way, it's more advertising.

Talking of mysterious sounds though...

This is "the bloop". A mysterious sound from deep under the pacific ocean. Apparently, one of the loudest things on the planet, and get this, it comes from a location close to, according to HP lovecraft's lore, the city of Ry'leh in which Cthulhu sleeps.

We are so f***ed.

Doclector:

This is "the bloop". A mysterious sound from deep under the pacific ocean. Apparently, one of the loudest things on the planet, and get this, it comes from a location close to, according to HP lovecraft's lore, the city of Ry'leh in which Cthulhu sleeps.

We are so f***ed.

Honestly if something huge rose from the ocean I dont know if I'd be amazed or scared.

Doclector:

We are so f***ed.

Oh god....That's just fucking terrifying on its own o.o

But I would guess a huge Mass Effect fan made it as a hoax, though it is a cool hoax in it's own right..

Or it could be space whales. That's another good explanation :P

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked