Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

When I first read the thread I thought it was going to be really bad and that I would hate him. I thought that he took the gun and started shooting a computer in his house as his daughter watched or something. It really isn't that bad. Reading the post on YouTube he seems like a reasonably intelligent man, so I don't see a problem.

O NOEZ PEEPUL HAV GUNZ! THER GON DESTROY DA CIVELEYEZD WURLD!

I approve of this man's actions and parenting.

considering guns are usally unloaded into people i have no real problem with how this man decided to use his. His daughter was being a spoiled bitch. I'll admit that what he did was bit extreme but the only thing i'd fault him for is not being more safe and going to a sechluded spot before shooting the computer.

For the record i'm not a gun nut. I don't actually own a gun myself but i have used them and i'm aware of the danger they can pose if misused. I don't really see this mans actions as evidence that we should revoke the right to bare arms.

sketch_zeppelin:
considering guns are usally unloaded into people i have no real problem with how this man decided to use his. His daughter was being a spoiled bitch. I'll admit that what he did was bit extreme but the only thing i'd fault him for is not being more safe and going to a sechluded spot before shooting the computer.

For the record i'm not a gun nut. I don't actually own a gun myself but i have used them and i'm aware of the danger they can pose if misused. I don't really see this mans actions as evidence that we should revoke the right to bare arms.

Is selective reading such a thing?

Look, I am not stating that no one should have guns. I've never said that. HOWEVER, I am stating that there should be situations defined and listed as ways to responsibly use your firearm. And if you break that, that right that you had now became a privilege. This man recorded his use of the firearm and honestly it's not proper given the situation. Being flagged for that use and if it happens again, having it taken away is not outrageous. In fact that is exactly what he is doing to his daughter.

Never said flat our revoking it from everyone. However, if you take that right and abuse it for the sake of---in this case, parenting--you should be flagged and it becomes a privilege to you. And if you mess up again, it can be taken away from you. It's the exact same thing that he is doing to her.

This is exactly why I hate people from his generation. They're ignorant, sleazy, good-for-nothing, and are willing to go to any extreme to keep their children in slave labor without even an allowance for as long as possible legally. He shouldn't be forcing his kid to make coffee for him, and he shouldn't not be paying her for the chores she does. He should be prioritizing her schoolwork over chores or yardwork that he wants done, should be prioritizing her future over his wants. But no. I'll bet he does that purposely so that she won't HAVE a future to leave to, and so that he can keep her working into her adulthood. And then, this shouldn't even be something she was punished for. This is AMERICA, goddamnit! WE HAVE RIGHTS HERE. KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE THEY WANT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE GODFORSAKEN FIRST AMMENDMENT! A lot of Americans (And I'm sure this fat-ass is included) say that the Government is often trying to take away their rights to religion, free speech, ect. And then things like this happen that make them the biggest hippocrytes in the world. Severe punishment for saying words is not free speech.

His self entitled kid vents on facebook and he destroys her laptop? (I'm not going to comment on the gun, might as well be a sledgehammer imo)

And you call that parenting? Really? I kind of hope that your daughter tries to teach you something too. Maybe fire-bomb the house, that'll make a statement! Yeah! (Note the heavy and dark sarcasm here.)

Maybe talk to her, try to get her to understand that she's got it good and then punish her. Not teach her that overkill is a good idea. Because really, I would never want to live with a woman who thinks that to teach me that I shouldn't leave my shirts on the floor, she'll just burn my wardrobe. And really, that *is* what you just taught her.

Making your daughter fear you or making your daughter resent you or making your daughter decide that overkill and obedience are the order of the day are all pretty bad ideas. I hope the girl can escape him as soon as she reaches an age of majority.

Props to the guy , he taught his kid a valuable lesson that she won't soon forget.
And it amazes me how many people don't know a thing about guns in this thread. The guy was using hollow point ammo and shooting at something on the soft ground in what seems to be a pretty secluded piece of land. Those bullets have literally no chance of hitting anything but the laptop.

More reason why I believe there should be stricter gun regulations in the US. People are treating the weapons like toys while I believe guns should be treated like they are a rabid hound. You should fear them and not want to use them, and you certainly shouldn't be showing it off or setting it on things just for shits and giggles.

If you want to have fun with a gun, go to a firing range. Other than that, guns should be locked up somewhere safe and sound in your home and should never ever leave that safe place unless you feel your life is under threat.

In my ideal world, every gun in every home would be linked and retrained in some secure part of your home, with an electronic alarm linked to the nearest police-station. If that gun leaves that little safe area, a silent alarm would alert the police. Removing the gun for any other reason than believing your life in danger equals a hefty fine.

What a waste of resources to make a (valid) point.

I think the worst part about this is that he made it all public. Him shooting his gun into it seems reasonable I guess, no-one could have been hurt but himself.

The waste of expensive hardware is perhaps an issue, but he has the right to do with his private property what he will. He could have donated it and that would have been great, but he's not got an obligation to do so. He does have an obligation to protect his child, though, and now both she and himself will be under the microscope for longer than they'll ever be comfortable with.

This should have been a private conversation/confrontation. Not a completely public, blown-out-of-proportion universal lesson. It's sadistic and simple-minded and I don't much care for it. I don't have any real complaints though. I just don't approve of this method of "teaching a lesson".

She wrote an angry post on Facebook. So he shot the computer. Nine times. I think it would appear more sane if it had been done out of anger and not filmed for Youtube and planned out.

Its just weird. Not to mention the fact that he's only going to have solidified what his daughter thinks of him already (rightly or wrongly).

AND he goes about this in the exact same way she did.

All you people who are sticking up for this jerk, please don't have children. Please.

Hang on, let me try to persuade you in a different way: If you continue being a bunch of gun nuts that shoot everything until, eventually you kill each other, for the slightest reason, then CHINA will be the world superpower. Think about that. Be decent parents, not overgrown kids who think they're the duke, and they'll be able to compete on the global economy whilst you sit in old age in a field shooting gofers and then yourselves.

senordesol:

Ramzal:

I'm not saying firing at an object is wrong. He's discharging it simply out of anger at his daughter. It's one thing to do something like that for practice, or even as a hobby. This was done out of anger. A gun should not be used like that.

The weapon was discharged safely with no risk to bystanders. I see no issue. And I'd rather he take his anger out on an object than a person.

In short: no harm done, no foul called.

Giving in to anger doesn't vent you it makes you more prone to anger. Learning to control your anger reduces anger. That guy is imo dangerous as a parent and I honestly fear his daughter is being abused. Excessive grounding is a sure sign of a control freak absent parenting skills.

Edible Avatar:
Oh boy a gun thread, now i get to watch people get butt-hurt over the 2nd amendment

OT: The dad was in the right, tough parenting is what is needed these days. Parents should act more like this guy, and kids need to understand responsibility.

Neither of us have ever had a child in their life. But hey, if you're allowed to talk like you have a clue what a "good parent" should do these days, then I think I'll jump on board as well.

A lot of people seem to be focusing on what he did as though it was the best possible way for the man to make a point.

It wasn't.

Making a youtube video which not only berates her but involves firing several rounds into the girl's laptop with a gun is not, by any means, the kind of thing any reasonable, rational or responsible parent would do.

If the girl has been getting away with her crap for long enough to be able to compile a list of her parent's day-to-day complaints, then the fault doesn't lie with the girl, not entirely, anyways.

Everyone seems to be approaching this particular situation as though the parents have been saddled with some horrible gremlin, but someone doesn't start acting this bratty unless the parents have failed to step in at some point.

Now, every single complaint the guy has about her attitude is 100% reasonable. I'm not disputing that. But for christ's sake, his daughter didn't end up like this for no reason. At one point he says "now i warned you, months ago..." that's hardly pro-active parenting, is it? That's hardly dealing with the issue at hand.

So she's had a warning a few months ago, and has since been able to carry on with the same shit every single day. Hell, we even know her father actually upgraded her laptop for her. Why didn't he say "cut this shit out, because you don't get your laptop until you do" ages ago? how did this go on so long if he's the hard-nosed parent he makes out he is? Why on earth did he do a favour to his daughter by upgrading her laptop for her when he thinks she acts like a brat? How can he be indignant when she carries on this way for so long? there would have been a point at which her parents should have said "I guess we have no-one to blame but ourselves for letting her get away with this for so long, time to do something about it...."

And then there's his method of finally dealing with it. Instead of acting like a grown man and confronting his daughter, outlining his complaints, making it VERY clear she abides by his rules and the confiscating her laptop until she complies (or even selling it + anything else he bought her that she thinks she has a right to have), he instead creates the kind of "take that" public response more suited to a teenager.

I have nothing against him letting his punishment be public, but the manner in which he does this is just reactionary. It isn't "OK, I'm going to straighten out my daughter" or "Now I'm going to let her know just how hard we worked for her".

Instead, goes on youtube. he begins by making an argument which would sound entirely reasonable if he just made said argument to her face, alongside her mother. Getting the girl's stepmother in on it would be handy as well

And then... for fuck's sake, he shoots several rounds into her laptop and then sits down, visibly upset, and...

...I don't even know. This isn't rational or responsible, he marred a perfectly reasonable speech to his daughter by doing it via the internet and then acting like a child. It seems like this guy is just at war with his own kid, or that he doesn't know how to take responsbility for her, and has to resort to petty actions like this to spite her as opposed to laying down the rules and setting any kind of reasonable, admirable example to her.

This wasn't discipline, this was him acting petty because he couldn't control himself. That's without even going into the issue of an angry, upset grown man using a loaded gun for an act of childish vengeance....

No wonder she keeps acting out...

TRUTH

senordesol:

Ramzal:

I'm not saying firing at an object is wrong. He's discharging it simply out of anger at his daughter. It's one thing to do something like that for practice, or even as a hobby. This was done out of anger. A gun should not be used like that.

The weapon was discharged safely with no risk to bystanders. I see no issue. And I'd rather he take his anger out on an object than a person.

In short: no harm done, no foul called.

Well first of all, you have the issue of whether or not anger should be the deciding factor in the steps he takes towards disciplining his own daughter.

Actually, that's not an issue at all. Because it shouldn't. The man has a right to be angry, but allowing it to have an influence over his judgement regarding his daughter when it's his responsibility to raise her and keep her in line is unnaceptable. Allowing it to have an influence over his judgement when he's holding a gun in his hand is even worse. Look at the end of the video, he looks like he's about to start tearing up.

Furthermore, you seem to be labouring under the misconception that the best thing to do with anger is to let it out, as if that's the only choice.

Scientific fact: not only is that completely untrue, but it's actually psychologically unhealthy.

Woodsey:
She wrote an angry post on Facebook. So he shot the computer. Nine times. I think it would appear more sane if it had been done out of anger and not filmed for Youtube and planned out.

Its just weird. Not to mention the fact that he's only going to have solidified what his daughter thinks of him already (rightly or wrongly).

Made me lol.

Spartan448:
This is exactly why I hate people from his generation. They're ignorant, sleazy, good-for-nothing, and are willing to go to any extreme to keep their children in slave labor without even an allowance for as long as possible legally. He shouldn't be forcing his kid to make coffee for him, and he shouldn't not be paying her for the chores she does. He should be prioritizing her schoolwork over chores or yardwork that he wants done, should be prioritizing her future over his wants. But no. I'll bet he does that purposely so that she won't HAVE a future to leave to, and so that he can keep her working into her adulthood. And then, this shouldn't even be something she was punished for. This is AMERICA, goddamnit! WE HAVE RIGHTS HERE. KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE THEY WANT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE GODFORSAKEN FIRST AMMENDMENT! A lot of Americans (And I'm sure this fat-ass is included) say that the Government is often trying to take away their rights to religion, free speech, ect. And then things like this happen that make them the biggest hippocrytes in the world. Severe punishment for saying words is not free speech.

Well first of all, you obviously never watched the video. Second of all, I'm going to assume you're roughly 14 years old, and that you recently had an argument with one of your parents because you didn't want to have to tidy your room.

These assumptions probably seem incredibly petty. But hey, I am nothing if not willing to immediately abandon my pretence to maturity.

manic_depressive13:
That's disgusting. People think this is good parenting? Parents should sit down and discuss chores with their children, reaching an agreement on what seems reasonable based on how much work they each have to do both inside and outside the house. Children should do chores out of love because they acknowledge that if they don't help, their parents will be doing all the work. They shouldn't be doing chores out of fear of punishment. I cannot see wantonly destroying her possessions with a gun and putting up this video in an attempt to humiliate her as anything other than deliberate intimidation. "Do as I say or I will destroy your shit" is hardly an attitude conducive to mutual love and respect.

Have you ever been 15 years old? I have, and I was a right shithead. There has to be a point at which a parent will say "No, you do exactly what we say or there will be consequences".

While I agree with the last part of your post, it's damn near impossible to get someone to sit down and have a huggy-wuggy reasonable chat when their hormones are firing off all over the place and they have an in-built reaction to chores that screams "TYRANNY".

For example, I'm 19 right now, I pay my rent and board and try to keep the house running clean and comfortable for my parents for putting up with me, but I still can't get that reaction to go away. 10 minutes ago I had an overwhelming urge to go do some housework and fix a leaky pipe. This drive was replaced with apathy the moment my dad asked me to do roughly 1/5th of the jobs I had planned to do. I haven't got a clue where this stupid reaction comes from and I try to beat it back down as soon as it appears, but it's been there since I hit puberty. Even though I'm well over that hill, it still keeps popping up.

Now imagine that sort of stupidity but magnified tenfold. Can you really expect a reasonable chat from someone going through that?

Gordon_4:
On the one hand:

A 15 year old girl shouldn't be sassing her dad like that, you don't take that kind of crap from your child.

Punishment fits the crime, can't argue with that; hell I'm seeing actual parenting. Mark this day in your diary kiddies.

Yes, young lady, do your fucking chores. Welcome to being a teenager, we've all been there.

Yes, Facebook and a laptop are a privelige that your father (therefore legal guardian/jailer/provider/GOD) can take away.

On the other hand:

You chose a pretty fucking juvenille way to respond dude; bitching on Facebook is the level of a teenage girl: not an experienced IT worker or a mature age man.

The whole speil about how you spent your youth....well regarless of it's status as truth (which I won't argue) it really just comes off as the whole 'hiking fifteen miles in the snow to get to school with no shoes' spiel. Seriously, the only people I remember saying that were Lou Pickles and Abe Simpson. Not saying you're wrong to point it out, but it seems like holier than thou pontificating than proving a point.

The use of the gun. Now I'll give some background here: I'm from Australia so my personal experience with a firearm is nil. There is something deeply unsettling to me about taking someone's property (even if its obviously a gift from you) and unloading a full magazine of live rounds into it, dropping the obligitory "and this one is for" line. This isn't just taking a hard line with an obviously spoilt child; you have crossed into vicariously threatening her with a weapon. Respect born of fear for your life (she's 15, Christ knows how her brain would interpret that) is the respect of slaves to masters, not children to parents.

Her current attitude has obviously been enabled by either you or your wife or both of you. If you applied about half the discipline in that video on a regular basis, you'd probably never gotten this point. OR, the child has deep behavioural issues and this stunt won't have the desired effect anyway.

TRUTH

Kendarik:

Spartan448:
This is exactly why I hate people from his generation. They're ignorant, sleazy, good-for-nothing

That's hateful and ageist bigotry. /reported

are willing to go to any extreme to keep their children in slave labor without even an allowance for as long as possible legally

Does she pay rent? No? Then its not slave labour, its contributing to the household that you are part of. Frankly, the chore list seemed pretty light.

WE HAVE RIGHTS HERE. KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE THEY WANT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE GODFORSAKEN FIRST AMMENDMENT!

Before you quote the first amendment you may wish to read it and read up on it. The first amendment is to protect you from your government, not from your parents. Also free speech is not without limits. For example, a rant on facebook, even if she was an adult, can be illegal under defamation of character/slander/libel laws.

A lot of Americans (And I'm sure this fat-ass is included) say that the Government is often trying to take away their rights to religion, free speech, ect. And then things like this happen that make them the biggest hippocrytes in the world. Severe punishment for saying words is not free speech.

No, they just understand what they are talking about, you do no.

Thank you for having the patience to address that guy in a mature manner. I certianly didn't....

FelixG:

DragonLord Seth:

Its amazing how some foolish people think like that isn't it?

"GASP GUNS R EVILZ~!!"

Who thinks like that?

Ramzal:

Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment

If I refuse to attend a funeral I should be sued for disturbing the peace? Seriously? Not being someplace is exactly the OPPOSITE of disturbing the peace.

That's disgusting. People think this is good parenting? Parents should sit down and discuss chores with their children, reaching an agreement on what seems reasonable based on how much work they each have to do both inside and outside the house. Children should do chores out of love because they acknowledge that if they don't help, their parents will be doing all the work. They shouldn't be doing chores out of fear of punishment. I cannot see wantonly destroying her possessions with a gun and putting up this video in an attempt to humiliate her as anything other than deliberate intimidation. "Do as I say or I will destroy your shit" is hardly an attitude conducive to mutual love and respect.

galdon2004:

Ramzal:

Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment

If I refuse to attend a funeral I should be sued for disturbing the peace? Seriously? Not being someplace is exactly the OPPOSITE of disturbing the peace.

No one said that. You are not disturbing the peace. However if you are standing outside of a funeral, yelling how glad someone is dead in a time of mourning than yes. You are disturbing the peace. Boycott was the wrong word depending on how it is taken. Picketing. Protesting a funeral.

So his daughter's an immature drama queen...I wonder where she got THAT from?

He might have been making a fair point, but the way he made it leaves no question as to why his daughter might have turned out less than perfect.

You know what, I'm generally anti-gun...but that was funny, and even a measured response. The girl was being a brat. Not just to her father and step mother, but to her mother who also agreed with this form of lesson. She was being selfish, rude, was dumb enough to take her arguments with her parents to facebook and make them public, she needed a lesson. I would have just taken the laptop, but there is something to be said for the directness of this approach and it eliminates the "give it back!" nonsense.

The fact that he and an ex agreed leaves me to believe there really was an issue that normal methods weren't dealing with.

The fact that he said right in the video that he would buy a new one when she started behaving also speaks to it being a measured response that provided both carrot and stick.

For those that say he was out of control, at no point did he look or sound out of control.

He also appears to have conducted the shooting in an environment that was as safe as you could be in an outdoor setting.

The youtube makes sense as it creates a public response to her public rant.

Good on him.

Oh dear lord, a man used a gun? How outrageous! Who gives a fuck about what he did with his gun?

I'm more bothered about how he droned on and on, repeating the same points over and over again. He is not good at making videos.

On the one hand:

A 15 year old girl shouldn't be sassing her dad like that, you don't take that kind of crap from your child.

Punishment fits the crime, can't argue with that; hell I'm seeing actual parenting. Mark this day in your diary kiddies.

Yes, young lady, do your fucking chores. Welcome to being a teenager, we've all been there.

Yes, Facebook and a laptop are a privelige that your father (therefore legal guardian/jailer/provider/GOD) can take away.

On the other hand:

You chose a pretty fucking juvenille way to respond dude; bitching on Facebook is the level of a teenage girl: not an experienced IT worker or a mature age man.

The whole speil about how you spent your youth....well regarless of it's status as truth (which I won't argue) it really just comes off as the whole 'hiking fifteen miles in the snow to get to school with no shoes' spiel. Seriously, the only people I remember saying that were Lou Pickles and Abe Simpson. Not saying you're wrong to point it out, but it seems like holier than thou pontificating than proving a point.

The use of the gun. Now I'll give some background here: I'm from Australia so my personal experience with a firearm is nil. There is something deeply unsettling to me about taking someone's property (even if its obviously a gift from you) and unloading a full magazine of live rounds into it, dropping the obligitory "and this one is for" line. This isn't just taking a hard line with an obviously spoilt child; you have crossed into vicariously threatening her with a weapon. Respect born of fear for your life (she's 15, Christ knows how her brain would interpret that) is the respect of slaves to masters, not children to parents.

Her current attitude has obviously been enabled by either you or your wife or both of you. If you applied about half the discipline in that video on a regular basis, you'd probably never gotten this point. OR, the child has deep behavioural issues and this stunt won't have the desired effect anyway.

galdon2004:

Ramzal:

I think he meant picketing like the WBC does, but got his words mixed up. It'd make more sense.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't refresh my page to see that he responded already. Here's a funny image for my condolences:

Spartan448:
This is exactly why I hate people from his generation. They're ignorant, sleazy, good-for-nothing

That's hateful and ageist bigotry. /reported

are willing to go to any extreme to keep their children in slave labor without even an allowance for as long as possible legally

Does she pay rent? No? Then its not slave labour, its contributing to the household that you are part of. Frankly, the chore list seemed pretty light.

WE HAVE RIGHTS HERE. KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO TALK LIKE THAT ABOUT ANYONE THEY WANT. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE GODFORSAKEN FIRST AMMENDMENT!

Before you quote the first amendment you may wish to read it and read up on it. The first amendment is to protect you from your government, not from your parents. Also free speech is not without limits. For example, a rant on facebook, even if she was an adult, can be illegal under defamation of character/slander/libel laws.

A lot of Americans (And I'm sure this fat-ass is included) say that the Government is often trying to take away their rights to religion, free speech, ect. And then things like this happen that make them the biggest hippocrytes in the world. Severe punishment for saying words is not free speech.

No, they just understand what they are talking about, you do no.

I'm of two minds here, while I agree that he should remove his daughters privileges for acting spoilt we don't actually know if she is spoilt or if that was just a ranty type facebook message, for all we know she needed to blow off steam and that's what she did, she probably loves her life.

I know at 15 I wrote that way because my hormones were raging, but my parents never saw it because it was private and kept in a diary, hell most of us have felt the same at that age because we are on the cusp of adulthood and we don't quite understand adult life yet.

He could have been a bit more diplomatic in that situation, instead of showing up his daughter like that both in front of everyone she knows and now in front of the whole internet, this will only serve to push her away instead of bringing her closer. She'll push her feelings deeper and further away from her father now as opposed to talking things through, because you know, he might shoot her signed copy of Twilight next.

mad825:
Eh, I would've done a similar thing. I would clout a few arrow/bolts into it and I'll be more indiscriminate by using broad-tips. Even if I didn't have a bow/crossbow, I would've used a sledgehammer or similar hitting tool.

Strangely enough watching the video I thought to myself "I would have used Graphite arrows with a 24 calibre Bow, much more elegant".

Graphite Arrows cost 27 dollars a piece too, not 2 dollars like them dar bullets he gone and dem used, hyuk hyuk. Only messing Cowboy Father, no disrespect intended, merely a playful post.

Ramzal:

usmarine4160:
Actually it is a right in America and that's not going to be changed so you're wrong ;)

Though I agree it was wrong to use a .45 like I said in the other thread. A 12 gauge with buckshot would've been about 20% cooler

Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment, when someone unloads an entire clip into a computer for the sake of being angry they should lose their right to use a firearm due to displaying little to no discipline with the tool.

Im sorry, but thats fucking bullshit. Its his gun, he chooses what he points it at. The moment he points it at another living being that isnt threatening him, its gone, but until then? He can do what he wants. Are you seriously going to argue we should take away his rights because he pointed HIS gun at HIS laptop???

What if he had smashed the laptop with a hammer? Should we take away his right to own a hammer?

EDIT: Oh yeah, the guy is fucking stupid. Your daughter is talking shit on Facebook. You are pissed. What do you do? TAKE THE THING TO YOUTUBE, OF COURSE, BECAUSE HEY, WE HAVE TO SET AN EXAMPLE HERE!!

At first I was very sympathetic towards the guy. I hate it when kids act like little spolied brats and sometimes, words just won't do. However, as I stated on the video itself, IMO this guy and his wife have just officially lost the right to be parents...forever!!!

Stupid man raises stupid kid. No one surprised.

DragonLord Seth:

Its amazing how some foolish people think like that isn't it?

"GASP GUNS R EVILZ~!!"

Ramzal:

galdon2004:

Ramzal:

No one said that. You are not disturbing the peace. However if you are standing outside of a funeral, yelling how glad someone is dead in a time of mourning than yes. You are disturbing the peace. Boycott was the wrong word depending on how it is taken. Picketing. Protesting a funeral.

A boycott is when you abstain from attending/buying/using something.

TheRightToArmBears:
Stupid man raises stupid kid. No one surprised.

This summarizes the case pretty nicely.

i would say that the gun was excessive, but not taking shit from brats is one thing, that parents today tend not to have guts to do

Ramzal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kl1ujzRidmU

I have already posted about this. So I will just take what I posted and put it here:

What is wrong with you people? This man just put 9 rounds into a stationary object because he was angry. Let me repeat myself; This man just unloaded a -gun- into a computer because he was angry. He has every right to punish his daughter, but this shows complete and total lack of control and discipline over himself by using a firearm to teach a lesson.

He lost count in how many bullets fired at that, because of his anger! And people support this? A gun is not a toy, it's a tool. A last resort and used to protect, not destroy. I've seen comments on this saying "An all American dad!" Are you people crazy or just plan stupid? Comments like that is exactly why our country is looked down on as gun tooting/war hungry morons! His entire point goes out the window when he shows how childish (Retaliating to her internet post--it's an internet post for crying out loud) with the use of a gun.

And people say the young are stupid.

I once believed that a gun should be a right, however after seeing how he used his firearm and people's encouragement of his action, I now believe that having a gun should be treated as a privilege instead of a right. I am an American, and I DO NOT agree with this man's methods of use of a firearm, nor raising a child.

Edit: However, chores are fine. Go chores.

I garantee most of the people supporting him are little pussies, that when push comes to shove, will change.

Woodsey:

Ramzal:

galdon2004:

Which is why I corrected myself. I made a mistake. Oh no. World a blaze.

Ramzal:

Woodsey:

Ramzal:

Which is why I corrected myself. I made a mistake. Oh no. World a blaze.

"Depending on how it is taken" made it look like you thought it could still be used in the way you did.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked