Dad uses Facebook to teach daughter a lesson.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 20 NEXT

Woodsey:

Ramzal:

Woodsey:

A boycott is when you abstain from attending/buying/using something.

Which is why I corrected myself. I made a mistake. Oh no. World a blaze.

"Depending on how it is taken" made it look like you thought it could still be used in the way you did.

Okay, WOW. That part I meant to take out when I realized what I was typing. Thought I did, but didn't.

@all the liberls on here

Britain is in Chaos because of the unruly youth like her the riots and hell people being knifed kids needs to be hit it does them no harm aslong as they fully understand so he did the right thing in my mind cause the kid has to learn the hard way eventually this was the last straw she never listened or obeyed the rules she was warned time and time again that it'd be worse and she just had to have that go in conclusion she got what she bloody deserved and idc what the liberal wankers say the country is in hell cause of them

EDIT

BEFORE ANYONE miss qoutes me like last time read the LIKE HER bit didn't blame her for the riots i blamed kids LIKE HER

That there was a fine example of good parenting props to that guy

Ramzal:

galdon2004:

Ramzal:

Rights should be either taken away or made more strict when abused by an individual. When someone boycotts someone's funeral, they should be sued for disturbing the peace and harassment

If I refuse to attend a funeral I should be sued for disturbing the peace? Seriously? Not being someplace is exactly the OPPOSITE of disturbing the peace.

No one said that. You are not disturbing the peace. However if you are standing outside of a funeral, yelling how glad someone is dead in a time of mourning than yes. You are disturbing the peace. Boycott was the wrong word depending on how it is taken. Picketing. Protesting a funeral.

Yeah, boycott is entirely the wrong word; the Phelps family/Wesboro church do a lot of loud obnoxious protests. Shouldn't mean that everybody should lose the right to protest, instead funerals should just GAIN a right to peace within earshot of the location. People who are considered to deliberately disturb this peace are now violating the rights of the mourning rather than it being a freedom of speech loophole. (I.E. 'you are free to protest, and say anything you want; but you can't do it where the mourners can hear you, they have a right to mourn in peace.)

I harshly object to any removal of rights. Keep removing our rights for a 'good reason' and soon we won't have any left.

The problem here is not the gun he pulled (that's a larger societal problem as well, but one of an entirely different nature) but the fact that American family structures are stuck in the middle ages - at least outside the major cities. Having lived there for a long while, I was again and again shocked at the patriarchal/matriarchal structures in families, and how teenagers were treated like children; adults like teenagers. I have no idea where this chain-of-command state of mind comes from, but it is deeply entrenched in American society. Shooting the daughter's PC with a gun is a symptom of a society where parents are neither capable nor WILLING to work constructively with their children rather than pulling rank whenever they can.

I am not promoting full-on antiauthoritarian raising of children - parents have a duty to keep their child from harm, if necessary by force, but there is "harm" and there is "nuisance". If something your child does annoys you, guess what: your reaction is going to be the one your child eventually adapts.

Also not going into gun laws here. Suffice it to say: during the time the only constitutional act that those are based on was created, peasant levies were still a primary means of warfare in most parts of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Drama queen father films shooting drama queen daughter's laptop and posts it to Youtube. How is this worst than the majority of redneck gun wank that's already on Youtube?

Mortai Gravesend:

Ramzal:

senordesol:

We've tested plenty of nukes in unpopulated areas so...yeah...we did that.

Second, why does the fact that the weapon being a 'lethal tool' have any bearing whatsoever? I've shot paper targets, soda cans, and beer bottles with firearms; what makes a laptop any different? He selected his target area so that there would be no collateral damage and chose his ammunition for same.

I'm not saying firing at an object is wrong. He's discharging it simply out of anger at his daughter. It's one thing to do something like that for practice, or even as a hobby. This was done out of anger. A gun should not be used like that.

It was done in a manner that was sufficiently controlled. Maybe he was angry, but it doesn't matter if he was. What matters is that his anger was well enough controlled that he did that stupid show in a safe manner.

Don't be stupid. Firing a nuclear weapon has actual consequences. Like nuclear fallout. Also it provokes even if it didn't have such consequences. What was the harm in him doing it? You're complaining out of some kind of misguided outrage it sounds like. There are no consequences except the laptop is destroyed. You haven't provided anything solid.

And if he were drunk, would you still have that same opinion?

No because being drunk is not a state to do anything remotely dangerous in.

People have been killed because of misused of a firearm under anger and rage.

And? He clearly wasn't out of control.

How is this leading by example for his child? "If you're mad, or you need to prove a point, go shoot something?"

Stop playing stupid. No one's going to learn that from it anymore than they're going to learn to kill people from a game. The difference between shooting a laptop in a controlled situation and shooting whatever is bothering you at the moment is obvious.

And yes, my example is strong but it has a point.

Your example was weak as hell. I tore it apart, it doesn't compare at all.

You shouldn't use something lethal to prove a point.

Congratulations on not proving that point. I pointed out the real reason it wouldn't be used instead of the reason you want to pretend it wouldn't occur.

I'm sorry, did you say "misguided?" I've learned my discipline with weapons and firearms from the U.S. Navy as well as martial arts.

Ooooh now I'm going to agree with you. Oh wait I'm not. Idgaf where you learned it, that doesn't make your stupid outrage any less misguided. You have NOT answered where the real consequences are. We just have a paper thin argument that it'll teach kids the wrong idea.

Both taught that it is not--by any means, right to use a weapon to prove a point.

I don't care. I don't take people's words for such things.

You are arguing from a point of consequence, many crimes come without proper consequence, does that make them alright? People lose their homes and lives due to corporate interest, does that make it alright?

If people are losing their homes there's a fucking consequence. Now come back with a bit more integrity instead of dishonest questions like those.

I'm sorry but I'm about to give a quintessentially British BUT what the actual fuck!?! Guns should never ever be used for something like this, this shows the trivialisation of firearms in United States specifically, he was using the gun like a toy; a fucking toy! He could have smashed the laptop with a hammer, that's all cool. The hammer isn't going to misfire and there's no chance of a bullet of ricocheting off a hidden rock and injuring or killing somebody. This has happened, there's the World War 2 story of a guard firing a warning shot into the ground to stop a kid who was unknowingly cycling into a munitions factory, the round ricocheted off a rock and hit the kid in the back, he died instantly.

Also he's doing all of this in a public area! You can see the road for Christ's sake, you cannot honestly say that this is a safe use of a firearm? I know lets go around using guns to prove every point we make, I'll just fire a couple of bullets into a wall every time I'm slightly irate.

The man is a danger to society and his family, he shouldn't be allowed a gun license....

he was right to punish his daughter for what she thinks maybe firing an entire round was a bit extreme could've just sold it or thrown it away but he was right for most htings in the video

FelixG:

DragonLord Seth:
O NOEZ PEEPUL HAV GUNZ! THER GON DESTROY DA CIVELEYEZD WURLD!

Its amazing how some foolish people think like that isn't it?

"GASP GUNS R EVILZ~!!"

A gun is not evil, but I don't think this guy has done responsible users, advocates and harmless collectors/admirers of firearms any favours.

I can't comment on how safely he physically handled the gun; but I think his reasoning behind using it was severely out of whack.

usmarine4160:
Actually it is a right in America and that's not going to be changed so you're wrong ;)

Though I agree it was wrong to use a .45 like I said in the other thread. A 12 gauge with buckshot would've been about 20% cooler

Pretty sure mentally ill can't own gun legally.

KnowYourOnion:

Mortai Gravesend:

Ramzal:

I'm not saying firing at an object is wrong. He's discharging it simply out of anger at his daughter. It's one thing to do something like that for practice, or even as a hobby. This was done out of anger. A gun should not be used like that.

It was done in a manner that was sufficiently controlled. Maybe he was angry, but it doesn't matter if he was. What matters is that his anger was well enough controlled that he did that stupid show in a safe manner.

And if he were drunk, would you still have that same opinion?

No because being drunk is not a state to do anything remotely dangerous in.

People have been killed because of misused of a firearm under anger and rage.

And? He clearly wasn't out of control.

How is this leading by example for his child? "If you're mad, or you need to prove a point, go shoot something?"

Stop playing stupid. No one's going to learn that from it anymore than they're going to learn to kill people from a game. The difference between shooting a laptop in a controlled situation and shooting whatever is bothering you at the moment is obvious.

And yes, my example is strong but it has a point.

Your example was weak as hell. I tore it apart, it doesn't compare at all.

You shouldn't use something lethal to prove a point.

Congratulations on not proving that point. I pointed out the real reason it wouldn't be used instead of the reason you want to pretend it wouldn't occur.

I'm sorry, did you say "misguided?" I've learned my discipline with weapons and firearms from the U.S. Navy as well as martial arts.

Ooooh now I'm going to agree with you. Oh wait I'm not. Idgaf where you learned it, that doesn't make your stupid outrage any less misguided. You have NOT answered where the real consequences are. We just have a paper thin argument that it'll teach kids the wrong idea.

Both taught that it is not--by any means, right to use a weapon to prove a point.

I don't care. I don't take people's words for such things.

You are arguing from a point of consequence, many crimes come without proper consequence, does that make them alright? People lose their homes and lives due to corporate interest, does that make it alright?

If people are losing their homes there's a fucking consequence. Now come back with a bit more integrity instead of dishonest questions like those.

I'm sorry but I'm about to give a quintessentially British BUT what the actual fuck!?! Guns should never ever be used for something like this, this shows the trivialisation of firearms in United States specifically, he was using the gun like a toy; a fucking toy! He could have smashed the laptop with a hammer, that's all cool. The hammer isn't going to misfire and there's no chance of a bullet of ricocheting off a hidden rock and injuring or killing somebody. This has happened, there's the World War 2 story of a guard firing a warning shot into the ground to stop a kid who was unknowingly cycling into a munitions factory, the round ricocheted off a rock and hit the kid in the back, he died instantly.

Also he's doing all of this in a public area! You can see the road for Christ's sake, you cannot honestly say that this is a safe use of a firearm? I know lets go around using guns to prove every point we make, I'll just fire a couple of bullets into a wall every time I'm slightly irate.

The man is a danger to society and his family, he shouldn't be allowed a gun license....

Actually, he had a very wide open area to shoot in, he was shooting practically straight down, and he said IN THE VIDEO that he was using exploding hollow point bullets. Those do not ricochet. He was not raging, he was not drunk, I think he was quite controlled and reasonable.

Dramerc:
@all the liberls on here

Britain is in Chaos because of the unruly youth like her the riots and hell people being knifed kids needs to be hit it does them no harm aslong as they fully understand so he did the right thing in my mind cause the kid has to learn the hard way eventually this was the last straw she never listened or obeyed the rules she was warned time and time again that it'd be worse and she just had to have that go in conclusion she got what she bloody deserved and idc what the liberal wankers say the country is in hell cause of them

Oh, absolutely. Britain's in chaos because of all those unruly American children. Damn you Hannah, rebelling against your parents?! What new breed of teenager are you?! Without your skewed sense of entitlement we'd never have had the riots!

Ziel:

Dramerc:
@all the liberls on here

Oh, absolutely. Britain's in chaos because of all those unruly American children. Damn you Hannah, rebelling against your parents?! What new breed of teenager are you?! Without your skewed sense of entitlement we'd never have had the riots!

I never said it was completely her fault i said youth LIKE HER dont twist my words

You people should go to this guy's Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

I agree with this guy's actions. He has great values that he does his best to live up to. He dialogues with his daughter, unlike what some of you hate-mongering knee-jerkers like to assume (and then state as fact).
He makes a lot of good arguments on his Timeline, read them and be convinced that this isn't some gun-totin' rampaging psychopath - this is just a normal (if somewhat old-fashioned, as he says himself) guy trying to raise his children into productive members of society.

He could have used an axe, bent the laptop or something that doesn't involve a gun. Using a gun has something iconic. The act of firing it is violent on its own, whereas breaking the laptop with a hammer isn't exactly the same. I'd cringe at that the same way, but using a gun just feels wrong.

Then again, that is a spoiled brat (I don't know if brat is offensive as a word; sorry for my English)

While I don't agree with his methods I wouldn't condemn him either. You say how he did this out of anger, but even then, he kept it under better control than a lot of people do when this angry. He showed better control and understanding of a firearm than most people I know.

Also, all the comments about people wanting more firearm control and repealing the right to bare arms because of this make me upset. If you want to give up your rights then fine, but don't expect it of everyone. Americans have been too relaxed about government infringing on our rights for long enough.

Kids rebel and vent, it's what they do. Punishing her is fine, taking a gun to her laptop sets a precedent for her. "If you don't like what's happening to you, tough shit because I have a gun."

That wasn't the way to deal with it, not even slightly. I wouldn't be surprised if this causes more problems at home than it solved.

All for 5 seconds of that guy thinking he's won some of his manhood back or some shit.

knhirt:
You people should go to this guy's Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

I agree with this guy's actions. He has great values that he does his best to live up to. He dialogues with his daughter, unlike what some of you hate-mongering knee-jerkers like to assume (and then state as fact).
He makes a lot of good arguments on his Timeline, read them and be convinced that this isn't some gun-totin' rampaging psychopath - this is just a normal (if somewhat old-fashioned, as he says himself) guy trying to raise his children into productive members of society.

I did read most of that; again I don't much issue with the man's intention to discipline an unruly child, I just think the method was piss poor and juvenille. Mind you, can't fault his integrity and savvy when dealing the media reaction to this. Also, that looks like a spiffing M4 Rifle he owns (or at least uses): I am very jelly of that :p

mad825:
Eh, I would've done a similar thing. I would clout a few arrow/bolts into it and I'll be more indiscriminate by using broad-tips. Even if I didn't have a bow/crossbow, I would've used a sledgehammer or similar hitting tool.

I honestly don't see your point and comes across as zealous. He got angry and used his method to destroy the object like anybody would have.

What i don't get is why it should be 'destroyed' in the first place.

also... using firearms is excessive, any way you put it. (using a bow is just crazy, but sort of cool crazy)

still, my point is that destroying stuff is bad.

Dramerc:
@all the liberls on here

EDIT

BEFORE ANYONE miss qoutes me like last time read the LIKE HER bit didn't blame her for the riots i blamed kids LIKE HER

No one has anything against discipline. A lot of people in our country behave they way they do because they haven't been disciplined, you're entirely right there. liberals as you call them aren't the reason there's no discipline. A generation of parents that don't know what they fuck they're doing are the reason uneducated mobs roam the streets, kicking and stomping of people in swarms because they don't know any better.

But there is something inherently wrong with threatening your child with the violence of a gun. He may not have threatened her directly. But the message was pretty clear, "you don't like it? Tough, I've got a gun."

Doesn't send a good message to the child and it's so far out of the realms of discipline is bordering on stupidity.

Abandon4093:

Dramerc:
@all the liberls on here

EDIT

No one has anything against discipline. A lot of people in our country behave they way they do because they haven't been disciplined, you're entirely right there. liberals as you call them aren't the reason there's no discipline. A generation of parents that don't know what they fuck they're doing are the reason uneducated mobs roam the streets, kicking and stomping of people in swarms because they don't know any better.

But there is something inherently wrong with threatening your child with the violence of a gun. He may not have threatened her directly. But the message was pretty clear, "you don't like it? Tough, I've got a gun."

Doesn't send a good message to the child and it's so far out of the realms of discipline is bordering on stupidity.

Yes The hitting of children banned Punishments banned Labour the Lib Dems thats why and yes a gun goes all the damn way into teaching kids look at the riech Look at their discipline kids would jump off building and not ask if it was safe

This man makes me sick, why do people go looking for trouble? Just ignore it and it wont even effect you dumb ass.

Trillovinum:

mad825:
Eh, I would've done a similar thing. I would clout a few arrow/bolts into it and I'll be more indiscriminate by using broad-tips. Even if I didn't have a bow/crossbow, I would've used a sledgehammer or similar hitting tool.

I honestly don't see your point and comes across as zealous. He got angry and used his method to destroy the object like anybody would have.

What i don't get is why it should be 'destroyed' in the first place.

Good question, a man named Freud would say it's an defence mechanism; Displacement.

There's some serious misrepresentation going on here. The daughter writes some angry rant to her Facebook friends (it's probably safe to assume she was a recognised under-18 and so couldn't use Public settings on Facebook) and her father reacts by releasing a Youtube vid seen by millions of people and a public Facebook post about the video. And given that she can longer access the internet, we'll never know her side of the story for a couple of years at least. Even then this won't earn her respect, only her fear, and those are completely different things.

While I don't agree with taking away a child's access to information like their phone, internet etc, I agree with some of the things he said. Asuming they are as he said they are.

Also >an IT guy buying software.. my sides hurt from laughing.

While a bit excessive, I would have given the laptop to charity or someone I knew who really needed it, I think the issue with the gun is silly. He fired shots into the ground in a large field. No one was at risk of being hurt, so just chill.

I don't care how he destroyed it. The fact is that he DID!

The firearm was used safely with a correct backdrop and it shouldn't matter if he used a gun as the tool to destroy it, or a sledge hammer. Actually, pulling a trigger is surely less violent than powerful exerting swings of a heavy hammer.

I have not seen what actually warranted such a punishment: I do not know either WHAT she posted nor the context and it doesn't matter. I consider such a punishment reasonable and it's up to to parent to deliver it. It's parents prerogative.

PS: this is far FAR better than ever physically striking your child. This is merely taking away an extraordinary privilege of owning her own portable personal computer, and removed in the most profound way.

Dramerc:
@all the liberls on here

EDIT

She's acting like a perfectly normal teenager. Old people have always blamed the troubles of the world on them. IF you think that anyone acting like her has anything to do with the riots in England, then you do not understand the first thing about how societies work.

Harsh punishments handed out long time after a warning does little to nothing to prevent actions. But both politicians and parents are too uninformed to try any other thing. The dad in this case have pent up anger that he let loose instead of actually doing a job of raising a kid.

You are on the same level. "hitting kids will teach them not to be violent" If you can't see the problem there, then you are beyond help. Raising kids should be done not with threats, but with firm boundaries, which make them feel safe. Letting them do something some of the time and then suddenly punishing them hard will make them anxious and violent, diminishing their ability to interact properly with others.

Parents need to learn to parent. Politicians need to listen to experts instead of going on gut feelings. And then we'll begin to actually see a positive change. And it all start with you!

RAKtheUndead:

Shawn MacDonald:
Is he an asshole for shooting the laptop, sure. He is also my hero for teaching his self entitled bitch of a daughter a lesson.

This, this, a thousand times this. Sometimes, you need a bit of tough love - and when you've got a modern-day self-entitled bitch to sort out, you've got to be very tough.

I'm gonna have to go with this.

I mean, I would have used a sledgehammer, but I suppose a gun works just as well.

Um...I dont see whats wrong...at all. In truth, this seems like something MY dad would do, and like something I would do.

The guy is crazy, he copmpletely overreacts to his daughter beeing a stupid teenager and people like him, or generally people who wear cowboy hats shouldnt be allowed to have a gun. Actually nobody who isnt there to protect people should carry a gun.

edit: after reading the comments here im sure to be careful, when/if i come to america.

Ramzal:
What is wrong with you people? This man just put 9 rounds into a stationary object because he was angry. Let me repeat myself; This man just unloaded a -gun- into a computer because he was angry. He has every right to punish his daughter, but this shows complete and total lack of control and discipline over himself by using a firearm to teach a lesson.

Not in the video I watched. Was he upset at his daughter? Absolutely. But he didn't "shoot the laptop because he was angry." He shot the laptop to make a point. Not "because he was angry." You're seeing "Oh no! Gun!" and automatically assigning villain status to the guy. He used it in a safe manner, in a safe place, and no one else was around. He didn't use (or even threaten to use) the gun on any living creature.

He used a firearm while teaching a lesson, not to teach a lesson. He used it "as a tool."

His entire point goes out the window when he shows how childish (Retaliating to her internet post--it's an internet post for crying out loud) with the use of a gun.

He wasn't replying "to an internet post." He was replying to the CONTENT of that internet post. And that content? It's from his daughter. She lives under his roof, on his dime, and then uses his computer to voice her objectively incorrect view on how things are in her life. And, as far as she's concerned, she did it publicly.

He made his response public as well. That's part of the lesson -- air everyone's dirty laundry, and your stains will be laid bare, too. And he took a lot of time to make it extremely and abundantly clear why he was angry, and why he was destroying the laptop.

And then he destroyed it, as he said he would. He used safe ammunition (hollow points will stay in the target, rather than traveling through it), and he did it to make a few things clear:

1. If you don't appreciate it, it will be taken away.
2. Sometimes "taken away" is not temporary.
3. She still has a lot of other good things in her life, so she'd better turn herself around.

She's just a couple short years from hitting the real world. That means, as a parent, he has a very limited time in which to teach a few incredibly important lessons... unless we think he should just leave it, and let the real world teach her? Notice that this man didn't kick her out, he didn't destroy anything of hers, he explained the situation thoroughly... the only oddball thing he did was shoot the laptop, which was a calculated move for "shock value" to make sure the message sticks.

His job, as a parent, is not to make her happy and comfortable. However, it's obvious that he WANTS to do this, as evidenced by all the very, very nice things she has been given. His job is to prepare her for the real world. He's taking that job seriously, because he cares about whether or not she "gets it."

Nothing he did was dangerous. Nothing he did was threatening. You might think his methods are a bit heavy-handed, but there's absolutely no justification for painting the guy as dangerous or threatening in any way.

seriously its none of his damn buisness

Stalydan:
I'm not annoyed that he overreacted to a Facebook post. I'm not annoyed that he obviously invaded her privacy by going onto her browser, loading up Facebook and looking at her posts because he doesn't trust her. I'm annoyed that he's got such issues that he's not facing.

The chores that she lists aren't normal chores for a teenager. I can't think of many teenagers who are asked to spread manure across their gardens or asked to run a mop or brush through their house everyday when they come in. I suspect that the fertiliser is like a couple of times a year, otherwise it's weird that she'd be doing it regularly into late winter. But the cleaning the floors thing sounds weird if they have a cleaning lady. He says she's not a cleaning lady but he just says she's a lady that comes in and clean their house. Well that's a cleaning lady. If the thing he says after that clarifies something, I don't know what it is because his accent was way too strong for me to understand then. But yeah, they're a cleaning lady. It's like saying "Just because that guy bakes doesn't mean they're baker". It clearly does.

On to the bigger points. He's spoilt her. He obviously has. He just spent $130 on her upgrading her laptop. Which he then goes and shoots, a clear misuse of a gun, and then expects money off her for both the upgrade and the bullets he just wasted. Rather than donating it like a previous poster says, he just lets off some steam by destroying a perfectly functioning laptop.

He also complains she doesn't have a job. If he wants her to get one, why hasn't he forced her into getting one like "You either get a job or I'm not letting you have your phone and laptop"? It's obvious he even thinks of her as a materialist because that's all he takes away from her. Objects. Nothing like saying "You're grounded, you can't go see your friends". That speaks volumes about her.

He also says "Why should I pay you for chores?". Well if he's going to ask her to do this sort of stuff then... yeah. Pay her. Give her ten dollars a week. Why? Because if the rewards she's being given are upgrades to laptops, she's being spoilt. However, if she's given the money and then later does it herself, she'll feel like she's earned something. Nothing feels like a better reward than buying something yourself that you saved up for. I don't know how to explain it but it just is.

The worst thing about this is the video is sadistic to the core. He's hurt that she posts something on Facebook about him and his wife but here's the thing. Nobody pays attention to Facebook. It might be the talk for about a week tops but then it's gone. Dusted over, never to be heard from again. Sure, I'd be angry if somebody posted hurtful stuff about me on the internet but it's not as widespread as people think. Who cares about one 15 year old girl annoyed with her chores? It's so pointless. But rather than talking to her about it, he prints off her post, reads it aloud in a video and shoots her laptop about ten times and expects money for damages. He then says he's going to post it to her wall where she won't be able to see it but all her friends will. So not only does he know it's going to hurt her when she finds out what he's done to her stuff but it'll also embarrass her at her school when other people find out. It's wrong on some many levels, I'd be tempted to call it abuse if went one or two steps further.

tl;dr This girl will now grow up to resent her father because he blew his fuse at something so minor rather than talking it out.

This. Taking your anger out on a piece of tech is just as childish as mouthing off at your parents on Facebook. As far as I'm concerned, real and honest parental discipline invovlves talking it out and, if necessary, grounding her. Destroying what's otherwise a perfectly usable piece of tech is a fairly stupid and knee-jerk reaction.

Not to mention that he goes on to post this on YouTube *and* his daughter's Facebook Wall - repeating the harmful situation that started this whole mess.

Being a parent isn't about getting back at your child; it's about setting a higher and better example. It's about being the best you can possibly be so your child grows up to *want* to at least strive towards that ideal. He's clearly not doing that.

Instead, he's indulging in a rather sophomoric parental Id, and the YouTube comments that go along with the video are fairly appalling. As if guns were decent tools for parenting, and as if the ownership of guns was a cornerstone of American identity.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 20 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked