Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

THEJORRRG:
2nd busiest day of the year at my job, after Superbowl, so I'll be working all day.
Points for anyone who can guess where I work.

Anne summers?

Or McDonalds eaither really.

6 hour jam session with the band, until they go out with their respective others... Hmm, probably catch up with some gaming.

And it's not Valentines for me, it's one month after Dave Grohl's birthday, this is the only way I can remember what date it is.

Get up, study, go to work, go to bed. That is pretty much my entire day

Well its my states centennial so I can celebrate that instead.

Posting whiney crap on the internet about how I'm single.

Hmm I like your idea, however I shall be not caring even slightly and working! There is no greater fun than that.

Budge123:
What's this "Valentines day" you speak of? The only 14th i know of is Mass Effect 3 Demo day!!

Hear, hear!

cerealnmuffin:

I could be completely wrong but it sounds like something Dexter Morgan would say. Wish the 6th season would hurry up and come out on itunes.

It was a reference to the Valentines Day episode of the Sam and Max cartoon (where they have literally to deliver a fake human heart with some snarky comments how this fits into this holiday).

Getting up, eating breakfast, travelling to uni, following lectures and stuff from 9am till 5pm, travelling back home, dinner, taking a shower, probably read a book whilst enjoying a cup of tea and finally going to bed.

Playing Blazblue online.

Eating food.

Not giving a toss.

Enjoying myself.

after a present day from school, i shall complete some homework that needs to be worked on, eat dinner, and then spend the next two hours playing dark souls, one of the most lonely games i played so far :'[

Nothing. It is a day like any other.

In my country 14.02 is also St. Trifon Zarezan's day witch is like a national wine appreciation holiday, so yeah - I'm getting wasted!

I'm carrying around a lightsaber, and when ever someone acts all lovey dovey around me I help them feel the "force within".

wooty:
I'm at least trying to see one girl in particular................but if that backfires, then I have 8 cans of Sapporo in the fridge and a copy of BF3. That shall suffice for me.

Gimme sum o' dat fancy Japanese beer. Is it sold in cases where you live? My region only seems to carry them in tallboy size and they're $1.50 each. Good stuff though.

hooksashands:

wooty:
I'm at least trying to see one girl in particular................but if that backfires, then I have 8 cans of Sapporo in the fridge and a copy of BF3. That shall suffice for me.

Gimme sum o' dat fancy Japanese beer. Is it sold in cases where you live? My region only seems to carry them in tallboy size and they're $1.50 each. Good stuff though.

Only sold single here too at about 2 a can, but theyre about a pint in size so it evens out.

Probably watch a movie or study. Maybe even go out for a drink.

Catching up on homework and playing the Mass Effect 3 demo, while simultaniously trying not to think about how I'll be alone forever.

Working, helping to set up part of a 3-way 30th birthday celebration for some friends who variously have their birthdays on the 15th thru 18th, basically ignoring it, tidying my flat, applying for a water meter because I could do with that extra 400 a year...

School, homework, food, games, sleep.

I'll be fine. I totally forgot about it until I went into a book store recently and was confused by all the romance-y stuff lying around. And while I am single and all that, it's nice to see folks being all happy, so it's not going to be a gloom-fest.

get up, do some shopping for my social, go to lectures, get out, eat, go to a traffic light party with my mates.

Wearing all blue. Fuck the system.

Not single but gonna contribute anyway.

Play the Mass Effect 3 demo.

Maybe have sex later.

I'm excited for one of these things more.

...nothing.

I'm single. I've always been single. I'll probably always be single. I like it that way, so I'll be doing nothing, except some schoolwork.

Maybe I've just been in the wrong relationships, but I rather enjoy the lack of stress and burden being single gives me. Maybe later in life when I feel the need to share it with someone else, maybe then the 14th will make me feel bad, but as of right now I am pretty good.

I ignore it, like I always have. Maybe it's because I've never really been in a relationship, and honestly don't understand what the big deal is in the first place.

Oh, and I'll be enjoying the Mass Effect 3 demo as well.

It's going to be Valentine's day tomorrow?

I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen the latest XKCD strip.

<= a student, i have a rather important test thursday and am not well prepared at all, so i'll learn
the last years, when i was neither a studen nor having important test, i worked, usually the late shift (so my predominantly fem. colleagues could spend the afternoon with their partner)

but all in all, i don't make that big of a fuss about it (like most people here)

also, valentine's overrated. i don't need a special day to get my woman flowers, chocolate or attention :)

Daystar Clarion:

Maybe have sex later.

Mass Effect's gonna be awesome, huh? :D

Defective_Detective:

Daystar Clarion:

Maybe have sex later.

Mass Effect's gonna be awesome, huh? :D

You can bet your arse it will :D

it's just occurred to me, this thread is kinda like saying, calling all orphans, what are you doing this fathers day XD

Waking up, going to lecture, taking a test on English literary theory, go home, card games, drink.

jakeblues69:
Spacedocking a hooker.

All other responses are invalid.

But seriously...Work followed by shower, then Skyrim followed by sleep.

What am I doing on the 14th? School, work, home, ponies, Skyrim, bed. In that order.

I shall CREATE this mythical being people refer to as "women" !

Too be honest I have class 'till 7pm and jujutsu at 20. After that visiting my friends Jack and Daniels

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here