Calling all single people, what are you doing to survive the 14th?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

Conza:

Doclector:
Ah yes, that whole valentines thing. The day of the year on which all single people are supposed to feel bad.

Worse yet, it probably works on some level.

So, what are you doing to keep some semblance of sanity on this most cr*ppy of holidays? Are you barricading yourself away? Going out in desperation? Or are you just gonna open fire on a high street full of nauseating couples judging you for your apparent lack of a soul?

Me? Well, it's time for KILLATHON 2K12!!!

Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!

Nothing, I plan to die like ever year.

What the hell kind of a question is this? Are we going to suddenly die of lovelessness? Seriously...

*reads post*

Substance of sanity? IG-NOR-ING IT, hows that for an idea? No barracade, its a bloody Tuesday for petes sake. Desperation? I think not. That last comment is a bit ridiculous frankly, even compared to the other suggestions.

Ok, well if you have some compulsion to kill virtual people on that day, go ahead, there is that Mass Effect 3 demo coming out, my point in replying to this post is, if you have a bf/gf it might be nice to do something, maybe not, otherwise ignore the day, there's no need to be like 'ooo I'm still single waa' not that you're necessarily doing that but, any recognition, positive or negative is pointless unless you're involved, if not, forget about it.

I severely wish I could just ignore it, and I don't know about your area, but it's f***ing everywhere here. The only way to ignore it would've been to somehow stockpile food at some point between christmas and new year, and make a damn good excuse for missing every commitment I have, work-wise and socially, until the whole mess is over. Seriously, it's impossible.

It's just an ordinary day for me, so nothing I wouldn't do normally - listen to music, play games, talk to people. Same 'ole, same 'ole.

Jokingly ask all of my friends to be my Valentine whores, parade around the school as a pimp. After school I'm probably going to play Skyrim.

Video games are the best medicine.

...That's how that saying goes, right? Yeah, definitely.

Not caring...

Going to class,coming home and jerking off, and then drinking a bit. The same for me everyday!

Personally, my plan right now is to just go to school, give blood at the red cross, then go home and play video games. It should be a fun time.

I'm going to go out and get drunk with all my single friends :)

I intend to masturbate in the the streets as a sign of protest against the socio-prejudicial holiday. I shall also write love sonnets and send boxes of chocolates to myself! TAKE THAT, SOCIETY! WHOS WIll STAND BESIDE ME?

Getting on with stuff, reading, decorating gaming and ignoring the fact that the guys I would like are Gay, Taken or fictional Characters played by quite fit actors. >.>

Playing the Mass Effect 3 demo. Whoo!

Playing Team Fortess 2, Super Monday Night Combat, the usual. Funny enough I thought this Valentine's would be special for me this year, but! My so called "other half" didnt think so.

I have to work on Tuesday the 14th but after I get out of work I plan on downloading the Mass Effect 3 demo on Origin and playing it till my eyes bleed. That is how I plan to spend my Valentines Day.

Valentine's Day is not a thing here in Iceland, so I'm pretty fucking safe. Or I would be if you fuckers on the internet wouldn't stop fucking talking about it like it's the end of the fucking world.[1]

[1] Not on the Escapist mind you.

Look and see which of my friends and acquaintances are in meaningful relationships and then have a deep seeded feeling of loathing towards them and quietly hope that they're relationships shatter in the most horrifying manners.

Or, more likely, forget that it happens to be Valentines day and do nothing to alter my daily schedule accordingly.

I'll buy myself a box of chocolates. Sweet, cheap and no sharing required.

Doclector:
Ah yes, that whole valentines thing. The day of the year on which all single people are supposed to feel bad.

Worse yet, it probably works on some level.

So, what are you doing to keep some semblance of sanity on this most cr*ppy of holidays? Are you barricading yourself away? Going out in desperation? Or are you just gonna open fire on a high street full of nauseating couples judging you for your apparent lack of a soul?

Me? Well, it's time for KILLATHON 2K12!!!

Yes, the yearly tradition in which I spend practically the entire hellish day indoors playing violent games of all kinds, going to the extent of tracking my virtual bodycount. Last year's high score was approx 9000 dead! Big thank you to the former citizens of megaton for helping so greatly in this objective! Let's hope for 10000 this year!

... Twisted Metal. That is all.

Drinkin', Gamin'. Might run Deathwatch. I've survived 20 14ths on my own, another isn;t going to be hard. I am a pro.

The normal stuff, get up at 4,30 in the morning, get to work, get home...and then download the Mass effect 3 demo and play like crazy! Yeah...I will suffer that day. ;-)

What? Shit. I didn't even notice. I'll probably send a text message to my boyfriend and then play Dark Souls all day.

Sums up my thoughts for Valentine's. And a fair few of my friends' thoughts as well, even the ones who are in a relationship.

meh, going to have some cake with my girlfriend then go home and study/play games. neither of us is that interested in spending loads of money we don't have on stuff. We are however going to give each other chocolote a week or two afterwards though, when the prices drop dramatically.

Nothing at all. Luckly, none of my family care at all about this holiday so it's just another day to me.

My Valentine's Day Survival Kit:

A whole lot of bottles of beer
Crisps (that's chips to people in America)
Wifebeater (the garment, not the personality trait)
The Rambo Trilogy (number 4 is too tongue in cheek)

umm... what i always do, not give a shit about holidays and go to school.

'survive"? what do they do..hunt down single people and do a witch burning?

Im going to go about my normal activites and probably forget what day it is like I do almost every other holiday

also isnt the ME3 demo coming out that day? I may have to stay away for a while in that case :(

wake up early because I have period 0 maths at school :/

I'll be playing video games, then going to work, just like any other Tuesday.

Wait, you mean to tell me that this pagan fertility day is still considered a holiday? Hmm, and hear i thought it was just an international joke made up by chocolatiers and card makers.

OT: Nothing special really.

I was going to gather local lonely singles together in a park for a massive roman style orgy, but the logistics of it is just to big of a headache.

Not doing anything really besides a few classes and feeling nauseated every time I see one of those romantic happy couple types on Facebook. >.<

I deal with it by not paying attention it. It'll just be another normal school day for me. I guess you could say I'm comfortably numb about the whole thing too.

My and the GF are going sky diving on the 14th. But because we don't give a fuck about Valentines Day, and a mate wanted to do it to, he's coming as well.

Forever alone? Grow a pair of balls and do something else.

We don't even really celebrate it in my country. Maybe some people do but generally it's not a special day.

Totally don't care about V-day, gonna be playing my newly-bought UFC 3!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked