Most tear jerking moment

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

OKAY. Everyone keeps saying "Fry's Dog", alright, that story was actually based off a true story about a Japanese man and his dog Hachiko. I watched the movie make of it called "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" it stars Richard Gere, ANYWAY. The movie is BEAUTIFUL. The music is the real killer in it. I sobbed allllll the way through the last 10min of the movie.... damn sweet dogs and their loyalty T-T
Also, I'm a final fantasy fangirl so im gonna say ffx with Yuna and Tidus and Zacks death in Crisis Core :D

5 words. DAWN OF A NEW DAY.

anyone who played majora's mask probably got a bit teary-eyed during the full ending sequence.

The ending of Chobits was a complete tearjerker for me and it came out of absolutely nowhere.

My girlfriend suggested that we watch it because she enjoyed it (Even went as far to cosplay as Freya at the last convention we went to) but she warned me it was maybe a little too girly for my liking.

We watched it any way and I thought it was hilarious but also very sweet.

Boom.

Believe me when I say there are a great many things about Reach that I didn't like: it's probably my least favourite Halo game. But goddamn if that ending wasn't masterfully done. If the rest of the game had done as good a job setting that mood, it'd have been legendary.

wintercoat:
the ending to Kingdom Hearts 1.

Ah, yes. That was the first game I ever cried at. I was young, but I'd be lying if I didn't feel something watching that again.

[EDIT]

Folksoul:
5 words. DAWN OF A NEW DAY.

anyone who played majora's mask probably got a bit teary-eyed during the full ending sequence.

Absolutely. Especially if you do all of the side-quests and see all the people you helped out-- they are notably absent if you don't do the side-quest. Even the moon falling sequence if you run out the last day, the cataclysm scene, gives me the chills. God fucking damn I love that game.

Multiple times during Eureka Seven, particularly the last 4 episodes, especially the ending. Cried like a little girl.

4 words: Marley and me ending

omglazorspewpew:
I too now get choked up whenever I hear "Walking On Sunshine" because of Jurassic Bark(Fry's Dog).

Also I am pretty sure if you didn't tear up the first time you saw Simba's reaction to his fathers death in the Lion King then you have no soul

I have no soul, and even I got a bit choked up there.

Also, I find Jurassic Bark's ending to be overrated. I found episodes like Leela's Home World and Luck of the Fryrish to be much sadder.

AC10:
Katawa Shoujo represent! Pretty much the whole thing was emotional for me. I cried several times.

Ugh, this.

And I haven't gone anywhere near the neutral and bad endings, nor do I plan to.

Two paths in Katawa Shoujo got me to a tear or two. Another definately made me come close but never did.
The ending to Red Dead definatly choked me up.
Several Futurama episodes have reduced me to tears. They certainly have some great moments in that show.
And there was one more that literally had me like "wait, what? No... No! IT ISN'T SUPOSSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS!" but I can't remember what it was...GAH! Curse my poor memory.

1. The end of Code Geass.
2. When Ash (Pokemon) turns into stone.
3. The latest episode of Naruto where his mother explains what happened and how she and the 4th Hokage died.

DarkRyter:
Fry's dog.

This.../thread...seriously nothing can top the ending of that episode. Poor Seymour :(

The ending of the Return of the king, when frodo leaves middle earth with the elves, gandalf and bilbo for the undying lands.

NoOne852:
(...)
And there was one more that literally had me like "wait, what? No... No! IT ISN'T SUPOSSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS!" but I can't remember what it was...GAH! Curse my poor memory.

I had that exact same reaction to the ending of episode 7 of The Walking Dead season 2.

Like so many others, Jurassic Bark always gets me. But along with it is the ending to Red Dead Redemption and every ending to Katawa Shoujo.

wrightguy0:
The ending of the Return of the king, when frodo leaves middle earth with the elves, gandalf and bilbo for the undying lands.

Oh my god yes T-T

I know it's an overall goofy film, but the ending just tears me up every time.

"Where will you go?"

"To the stars, Bowen..... To the Stars......"

Usually I'm completely heartless to all films, books, games and such, but Toy Story 3 got me.

The almost-end of "Iron Giant" always makes me misty. "Suupermaaaan..." Also, I just watched "I Love You, Philip Morris", and the montage of sadness toward the almost-end actually made me a little weepy. But then it was immediately hilarious.

Jodah:

DarkRyter:
Fry's dog.

This.../thread...seriously nothing can top the ending of that episode. Poor Seymour :(

then may i raise you bridge to terabithia........if this movie doesnt make you cry you have no soul

mbug:

wrightguy0:

Oh my god yes T-T

Not that bit specifically for me, but I couldn't help myself when the credits rolled. When I saw it for the first time, everyone in the cinema stood up and applauded. It was pretty magical.

EDIT: Pretty much every 3D Zelda makes me cry now. Those games are like portals to my childhood. EDIT 2: Even Zelda music makes me teary, but in a good way.

Just been reading Q&A, the chapters were "A Brother's Promise" and "A Love Story".

I did also get chills down my spine after hearing "war never changes" after my (amazingly fun) game of Fallout New Vegas. Good game that.

i don't remember the name, but the Doctor Who episode with that motorway that went in circles forever made me tear up twice, 1st when Martha gets kidnapped and the Doctor is screaming "I WILL SAVE YOU!" got me because he was still in pain from losing Rose and you just know he was thinking "please not again."
And secondly when the Doctor saves everyone and all the drivers you've seen over the episode are seen escaping, some of them crying at the simple thing of seeing the sky for the first time in twenty years!
oh and the face of Bo died. so three times that episode.

Funnily enough, it wasn't a game, movie, song, etc, it was an actual event.

Massive floods in the top end of Australia in Jan. last year and I was deployed up there with my division to do rescue work.

Walked into a township, totally destroyed, but that wasn't the worst part, there was this old fella living in a van outside of what was once his house and when we walked in there, it was totalled. Covered in mud, a few snakes, broken stuff, etc.

My team spent 10 minutes sitting there in stunned awe of the damage and even got alittle teary.

Ohh and Toy Story 3

Always gets me, but that's probably because I really like scrubs.

If you recognise this song, you've known ultimate sadness.

I'm going to have to say the episode The Body of Buffy. Oh my god, that episode of Buffy. That show had so many sad moments. Tara's death, too. Just... so many things from that show. Guh.

Damn you, Joss Whedon, for making so many amazing characters that I become emotionally invested in only for them to die/lose their soul/go insane/etc.

WELCOME BACK

I nearly cried at the ending of Gunbuster
do not click the spoiler unless you have no plans of watching the best Gainax series ever.

DarkRyter:
Fry's dog.

That scene reduced me to a sniveling mess.

henritje:

WELCOME BACK

I nearly cried at the ending of Gunbuster
do not click the spoiler unless you have no plans of watching the best Gainax series ever.

That ending was bittersweet as fuck.

I never found the show itself that great, but I loved how it played around with warping through space and how it kept the pilot young while the world around them aged. Making it so that whenever they would return to Earth, they'd find that they had lost their place in the world because it had continued on without them.

I didn't think I'd get so emotionally invested in contemporary Star Wars of all things, but I must admit that Karen Traviss got me with the end of the Republic Commando novels and Order 66. Made doubly sad that I'll never find out how the characters achieve their goals (flash forward to Legacy's Sacrifice, and there is evidence of a success somewhere along the line. But at what cost?). Dang it, LucasArts, why'd you have to go and leave such an interesting story incomplete? (I should have got my answer back when they did it to KotOR, ahaha...)

As was mentioned, that passing-time montage in opening of Up. Simple, yet heart-wrenchingly melancholy. Does an effective job of characterizing old man Carl.

Those are the only two that come to mind. I don't watch enough TV, so there's no shows or anything that I can say got me.
For shame, I know.

Andaxay:

The scene in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, too, when Harry arrives back at the start of the maze with Cedric's body. I wasn't too affected until Cedric's father realised who it was and started crying out that it was his son. Wow, just with how pained he sounded, it really hit me.

With you on that one. Not really sad at all in the book, but those cries of "my boooooy!" were so well done. Which is crazy as the Harry Potter films aren't what I look to for examples of effective acting.

OT. Portal 2, the ending. I know for a fact this hits me harder just because of things that were going on with my personal life at the time, but it still gets me every time :)

The "Leave" ending of Silent Hill 2, as well.

And yes, of course, Jurassic Bark. (And Leela's Homeworld, actually. Don't think anyone's mentioned that one. The ending is so lovely)

Hanako's and Rins Good and Bad Endings got to me, in order to get 100% you had to play both. After playing and getting the good ending, i literally screamed and burst into manly tears at hanakos bad ending. Hisao you moron what she wants to hear is obvious F****** say it and she will stop screaming at your stupid ass!

Toy Story 3
Every route in Katawa Shoujo (Except Kenji's route ._.)
Half Life 2: Episode 2's ending. (R.I.P Eli Vance. You we're the greatest ;~;)

At the end of Monster's Inc., when Sully completes the door to go to Boo's bedroom, and Boo says 'Kitty!'.

Oh God, I can still manage to cry to that, even today.

The neverending story, when Artax dies.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked