So I went to KFC.... (gross topic ahead)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

NordicWarrior:
Dude,

I got sick on a trip to Alaska. Food poisoning just like you mentioned. Evil was coming out of both ends of me for 3 days straight. Unfortunately these were the 3 days we spent 7-10 HOURS A DAY ON A TOUR BUS. We were traveling the interior of Alaska and it was hours between any signs of civilization. I wrecked that bus bathroom.

Don't worry, those bus bathroom are just as scared of us as you are of them.

I just got over a flu my sister had, which now my dad has caught. Pretty much the same symptoms as you, only dry heaving. Dry heaving to the point of almost passing out. I couldn't feel my hands at one point.

Well the KFC in my town just reopened. The old place was disgusting and had a D healthgrade warning. So they tore it the fuck down, built a new one from scratch, got in a whole lot of new crew, trained them how to not kill people (seriously, a health and hygiene cert is now required to work there) and now its fantastic.
Sure its still deep fried everything so you have to know what to expect but now they are clean and worth going to.

I try to avoid KFC as much as I can because I always end up with a stomach ache and sometimes worse. Last time I went the chicken was so greasy that I couldn't eat it and threw it away. Haven't gone back since and don't plan to. The only thing that's eatable from there is the popcorn chicken and that's rediculously overpriced so I'm not gonna bother anymore.

I got 'food poisioning'(I'm not exactly what it was) recently after going to a buffet but thankfully I was only sick for 12 hours or so, then just felt like crap for the rest of the day and didn't really eat anything.

I've been eating KFC for over a decade now and never gotten food poisoning. Never gotten food poisoning at all in my life actually...which is strange considering the number of times I've taken a bite out of something cooked in the oven only to discover that it's still practically frozen in the middle.

Good immune system I guess.

Eat KFC once, condemn it forever because you had bad food poisoning.

FUCK YEA!

Would you 'vow never to eat from the sea again' if you ate some muscles and had the same reaction?

idarkphoenixi:

Didn't perhaps have the livers did you? I had this happen to me when I was like 11... but never again. Happens, man.

Sorry to hear about your food poisoning. My friend's been through that sort of thing twice now, both from Rally's/Checkers.

All I can say is that you should never be complacent if you food tastes odd, especially with fast food. With the amount of short-order production that goes on in a fast food kitchen, mistakes are bound to happen. If something tastes weird, aside from just being of low quality, take it back. If your food is expired or undercooked, they typically replace it with a fresh batch or they'll give you a refund.

Don't ever keep eating if you're not sure about the taste. Politely send it back and the restaurant will typically make sure you leave satisfied.

Abandon4093:

FUCK YEA!

Would you 'vow never to eat from the sea again' if you ate some muscles and had the same reaction?

Heh.

There is some truth in this. I've been eating relatively healthy for a long while now, and on the odd occasion that I eat fast food I genuinely do feel like shit immediately. Nothing as bad as OP describes, but I've gotten as little as 2 bites into a battered sausage my friend insisted I try and physically had to stop because it was reeking havoc with my insides.

GAH! That is gross, yeah. That's never happened to me, but if you are wanting to try fast food for the first time, go for something a bit less deep-fried, yeah. I eat at a fast food place everyday, (better than my school's food) but, since I'm used to it, I'm still alive.

no idea what happened with this post

Geez man... that is ROUGH.

Can't say that I've ever experienced anything that bad, but in college I had a weird little stomach thing going on for a while. For a time, I was having a weekly occurrence where I would experience severe nausea, throw up once (and only once), and then be fine minutes/hours later.

To this day, I'm still not completely sure what was causing it, but the most plausible theory I have was poor dishwashing practices among my roommates in my four-bedroom apartment.

I know, right? Just impossible to imagine that 3 out of 4 college-age man-children would suck at washing their own damn dishes.

The reason I say this is because after I started exclusively using disposable tableware (plastic utensils and paper plates) and only cooked using pots/pans/etc. that I had cleaned myself, the bouts of nausea/vomiting stopped happening. Can't argue with results.

I've eaten in KFC but I don't like it, the only good thing about that place it's the biscuits.

Although I've never received food poisoning, mom had a bad experience in one. We were having lunch in an arab restaurant and mom ordered her usual dish. Although this time it came with a cockroach on it.
So we camly complained and mom got another dish for free... nah just joking, they took the dish back to the kitchen, "change" it and charged us. Full price too.

anthony87:
I've been eating KFC for over a decade now and never gotten food poisoning. Never gotten food poisoning at all in my life actually...which is strange considering the number of times I've taken a bite out of something cooked in the oven only to discover that it's still practically frozen in the middle.

This brings to mind a principle of infection that I heard about a while back. The general idea is that there's a threshold of dangerous bacteria that your body can tolerate; you have to get a certain population level inside you before they'll actually wind up making you seriously ill.

In other words, good thing you only took a bite of that partially-frozen thing.

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Abandon4093:

FUCK YEA!

Heh.

There is some truth in this. I've been eating relatively healthy for a long while now, and on the odd occasion that I eat fast food I genuinely do feel like shit immediately. Nothing as bad as OP describes, but I've gotten as little as 2 bites into a battered sausage my friend insisted I try and physically had to stop because it was reeking havoc with my insides.

By eating healthy do you mean eating nothing that casts a shadow?

Because I could imagine switching to a sausage from regimented diet of bean paste and air muffins would upset your stomach.

If you mean healthy as in an actual balanced diet, then unless this was a sausage fried in ipecac, I don't see why it'd mess you around so much.

anthony87:

High bro fist me bro!

Because I'm in the same boat, I regularly under-cook meat because I like it pink. That goes for all meat, pork and poultry included.

I have had food poisoning once, bad food poisoning too. Got it from eating some presumably bad muscles in Spain (why I brought them up in the other post.)

I was throwing up for about 8 hours, had to stay in bed for a day.

Ate muscles again a few days later. God I love seafood.

Good immune systems are a blessing. I can't remember the last time I had a cold or stomach bug.

Abandon4093:

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Abandon4093:

FUCK YEA!

Heh.

Because I could imagine switching to a sausage from regimented diet of bean paste and air muffins would upset your stomach.

If you mean healthy as in an actual balanced diet, then unless this was a sausage fried in ipecac, I don't see why it'd mess you around so much.

I'm no kind of vegan, I just eat well.

If you want an educated explanation as to what was happening...I have none. It could be something akin to when you go on holiday and the local cuisine wrecks you. There could be absolutely nothing wrong with the food, but you might suffer just because it's not what you're used to.

What Panda said... I can rarely be found in American-inspired fastfood chains, but when I do I invariably regret it, and that's in a place where they're tied to tighter food regulations than in the US. The fries of Burger King upset my stomach for 3-4 hours, sure as clockwork, tested on 3 occasions, and form the most extreme example. But it just 'falls' heavier, even a lot heavier than normal fries and other fastfood. In the time after that it's like you lack energy, as if whatever was in that food refuses to be digested and make itself usefull, like you've not eaten yet. I've once went kickboxing after only a McDonalds Meal one hour before (unexpectedly making it back home in time from a holiday). Biggest mistake in a while... I had to quit after half an hour because my muscles weren't getting any nutrients and were refusing to work, and I got dizzy and my stomach was upside down. And that was a beginners lesson. On a decent meal I can go 2,5-3 hours in an advanced class before I get that worn out.

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Abandon4093:

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Heh.

If you want an educated explanation as to what was happening...I have none. It could be something akin to when you go on holiday and the local cuisine wrecks you. There could be absolutely nothing wrong with the food, but you might suffer just because it's not what you're used to.

Maybe it was more psychological than anything else, I don't see how a few bites of something would effect you like that. Even if you hadn't eaten it before.

Me and a friend once bought an entire black pudding from a meat stall and sat on a swing eating it raw.

We'd certainly never done that before but our stomachs didn't pay for it.

Abandon4093:

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Abandon4093:

Maybe it was more psychological than anything else, I don't see how a few bites of something would effect you like that. Even if you hadn't eaten it before.

Me and a friend once bought an entire black pudding from a meat stall and sat on a swing eating it raw.

That's pretty revolting.

Tolerances seem to be different from person to person. For instance, spicy food doesn't monkey with me, but greasy food does. Go figure...

I am fairly certain it's not psychological though, at least not on my part.

Sexual Harassment Panda:

Abandon4093:

Sexual Harassment Panda:

That's pretty revolting.

Tolerances seem to be different from person to person. For instance, spicy food doesn't monkey with me, but greasy food does. Go figure...

I am fairly certain it's not psychological though, at least not on my part.

Yea, wasn't the most pleasant thing. But we each got a tenner out of it. That was a fair amount of money when we were like 15. Enough to get us to eat uncooked congealed pigs blood anyway.

I suppose you're right, tolerances differ. Id say it's got little to do with you otherwise eating healthily. It seems more likely that you're just not good with greasy foods. My dad gets heartburn from pastry, and that's certainly got nothing to do with his body not being used to it. He damnwell eats enough of it.

I was raised on the stuff so I guess I've built up a resistance. It's nowhere near as bad as when my parents let meat thaw out for over a day before deciding to cook it. >.>

I honestly love KFC - it's probably my favourite fast food restaurant. Being a student living with very little sense of how to look after myself I practically live on fast food though. The only bad experiences I've had with them are the ones that aren't big names and just local crappy takeaways.

There's a place called 'Pronto's Pizza' that's rather popular around my end - 9.00 for an eighteen-inch pizza! It's food for house parties and lazy people but it tastes pretty good. Unfortunately it's also renowned for having a symptom coined "Pronto's Piles". It doesn't take much imagination to guess what that entails, it's not very pleasant.

Yep... happened a couple of years ago...

...at a KFC...

...can't even walk past the damn place anymore!

I hate KFC man, I've never had food poisoning like you had, I just hate their food and their service has always been horrible where I live, I don't eat there anymore

I once had been forced into the bathroom for a short while after eating a chicken wrap at Wendy's. I don't know if it was even the chicken itself or something completely different, but fortunately for me one long outing in the bathroom cleared my system. And almost completely put me off fast food chicken for the rest of my life.

I'm glad I got a very minor case in comparison to some of these horror stories. I got a nice warning to never ever ever choose that kind of stuff again. I almost get nauseous every time someone around me eats a spicy chicken wrap now..

I eat way too much take out for that kind of stuff to happen to me - has happened with Prawns once though, that wasn't fun at all.

But dammit, those little bastards are delicious going down, so I can handle them coming back up afterwards (That and I spent a sizable chunk of cash on them, so I might as well enjoy them).

New Years Eve 2003.

A young Vrex went to the movies with his childhood friend, afterwards his father picked him and the friend up and they had Mcdonald's at the local shopping mall. He found the Mcdonald's tasted a little bit strange but thought nothing of it at the time because it was New Years Eve and he was going to be taken to his parent's friends house to celebrate.
After putting on a nice shirt his mum had bought for him especially, he went to the party. For a while he milled around, danced with a few other children but eventually started to notice he was feeling tired. So he went into the lounge room and watched some television.
People offered him food and even though he was quite a fat child, he was amazed at how regularly he turned down food of any description.
Then, at around eleven... it happened. Sitting around he started to cough and choke a bit. He patted himself on the stomach and tried to forget about it. But then as he pushed it back the very next time he opened his mouth, like a volcano erupting vomit chugged from his mouth. All the food he had eaten that day came bursting out of his mouth in messy chunks. First on the couch in front of him, then on his shirt. He just kept vomiting, over and over again in short bursts. Every time he opened his mouth. Making it hard to breathe.

His parents rushed him home where he continued to throw up the whole way and finally he stopped throwing up food and just started throwing up liquid until his stomach was completely empty. He spent the first day of 2004 slowly recovering from it.

He hasn't eaten Mcdonald's since that day.

Craorach:
Highly unlikely that it was caused by KFC since it takes between 24 and 48 hours for food poisoning to effect you.

That said, if you're not used to fried and fast food, the grease and way KFC is cooked could have effected you pretty badly anyway.

24-48 hours hah. I've been stricken down in one.

Micky D's french fries. Ate them on the way to the bus back home. About a 15 min walk from the place to the stop. I was sweating ice bullets by than, ready to just keel over. Pounding headache. Bus ride home is just constant pain. and discomfort. Get home, go upstairs to the bathroom. And well, let the hurling begin. I've eaten at a different Micky D's once since than. Quite a few other bad outcomes from fast food for me.

in 8th grade on the last day of school I drank a can of fruit punch that be out for an half an hour, got food poisoning and was out for a weekend, missed half of the last day of school.

Tiger Sora:

Craorach:
Highly unlikely that it was caused by KFC since it takes between 24 and 48 hours for food poisoning to effect you.

That said, if you're not used to fried and fast food, the grease and way KFC is cooked could have effected you pretty badly anyway.

24-48 hours hah. I've been stricken down in one.

Micky D's french fries. Ate them on the way to the bus back home. About a 15 min walk from the place to the stop. I was sweating ice bullets by than, ready to just keel over. Pounding headache. Bus ride home is just constant pain. and discomfort. Get home, go upstairs to the bathroom. And well, let the hurling begin. I've eaten at a different Micky D's once since than. Quite a few other bad outcomes from fast food for me.

The human brain draws conclusions based on things that are not connected.

For it to hit you in 15 minutes it would have had to be contaminated beyond belief, and fried for an insufficient time to kill that contamination. How do you know that something else didn't do you in during the previous 48 hours?

I had something like this happen to me last year, I think it was the PFchangs but I'm not sure. All I did know is that I would stop puking if I stayed down.

idarkphoenixi:
SNIP

I've never had anything that bad happen to me, I got food poisoning from pizza once, I generally avoid eating fast food or cheaply made food but at times I don't have a choice, then I select things that I feel are least likely to give me problems/most healthy. Yeah, don't eat fast food if you can avoid it, I do my best not to either, unfortunately not everyone has this luxury and while you can get used to bad food doesn't mean should want to.

I got food poisoning from a place called Hungry Jacks (I think that's what it was called), Got the chills and vomiting for a few days.

Baahahahahahaha.

I grew up eating cheap, dirty food because that's what my family could afford. Never once got food poisoning.

Sounds like your cushy lifestyle has made your stomach soft. What a shame, you're missing out on some delicious stuff. :)

Craorach:

Dude, you're so wrong. Food poisoning can easily occur after just a few hours, if it is caused by a bacterial toxin for example, and it most often occurs within 24 hours of consumption, though it can take days. Of course, metabolic rates and immune systems vary, which can also affect how quickly one is affected and the severity of the illness.

Anyway, fast food is disgusting. Even when I ate meat I steered clear of that shit. If I wanted such an experience I'd just eat a drumstick, guzzle half a litre of oil and punch myself in the gut. It would save me the trip to the "restaurant".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked