Who would you cast as the twelth doctor?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I'm putting in another vote for James Nesbitt. I loved the duality of Christopher Eccleston's Doctor, schizophrenically switching between death stare serious to youthfully witty and snarky.

Plus an Irish Doctor, want. If it was the case I hope they wouldn't make him supress his accent.

henritje:

alternatively a mini series set during the time war staring the Eight doctor.

This. so much this. There's been rumors of more than one extra special to celebrate the series' anniversary. But this would be awesome... Paul McGann is up for it and even Big Finish audios had new costume and screwdriver designed for him by WETA.

Shanicus:
Would it be inappropriate to suggest BRIAN BLESSED as the next doctor? God knows he would act the absolute shit out of the role, that's for sure. There are probably better people for the role, but dammit, I want a doctor who knocks people down with the sheer power of his voice.

Besides BRIAN BLESSED, I'm not sure who I would go with... depends on the nature of the 12th doctor, really. I reckon Simon Pegg would make an awesome light/humor doctor, but that's just me.

(If I can't get BRIAN BLESSED as the doctor, I'll settle for him as a villain/recurring support character)

I can't see Brian Blessed doing any of the angry or intense bits though. He always looks and sounds like he's just ecstatic to see everyone he meets.

"DALEKS! HOW GOOD TO SEE YOU! COME IN, COME IN, I MADE SHEPHERD'S PIE!"

And they've already had Simon Pegg in the show, so I guess he's out:

OT: Benedict Cumberbatch (god, what a name) springs to mind, but I'm not entirely sure. Or Bill Nighy, for some reason, as a grumpier, older version of the Doctor. I'd rather have a fairly unknown actor play him, really. Everyone else would just be "That actor from ________ who's pretending to be the Doctor."

EDIT: Turns out Brian Blessed's already been in the show too. Fancy that.

James Nesbitt is the only one i can think of, been a fan of his for a while :)
Mind you, it doesnt matter who the doctor is, if they dont either get moffat to get his act together or put a new guy incharge...

Suicidejim:

And they've already had Simon Pegg in the show, so I guess he's out:

Actually the actress who played Martha was in the season 2 finale as a different character, Gwen from Torchwood was in the Unquiet Dead with Dickens, Tosh was in Aliens in London (but that's meant to be the same character) and the second Romana in the original series, was the actress who played a princess in a previous episode (they did draw attention to this). So being on Doctor Who previously doesn't necessarily exclude you for future roles.

don't flame me down, but personally , i'd like to see an american actor be the twelth doctor. my opinion? milo ventimiglia, who was peter petrelli in heroes. i think he would be good as the twelth doctor!

Anthony Head from "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer". I'd love to see what he brought to the role.

Brian Blessed. We've had enough quietly cool Doctors, lets just go with the original Big Ham:

Shelley Greenaway:
don't flame me down, but personally , i'd like to see an american actor be the twelth doctor. my opinion? milo ventimiglia, who was peter petrelli in heroes. i think he would be good as the twelth doctor!

Heretic!

Also, welcome to the Escapist. Don't go into the Basement, press the red button, get out while you still can, yadda yadda...

WHY HAS NO ONE SAID BILL BAILEY YET!?

......So yeah, Bill Bailey. If you have doubts, see his documentary on Alfred Wallace, he IS The Doctor.

Considering Matt Smith will most likely retire soon because he fears typecasting it's actually relevant to get this thread back up. So I'll not nag for once.

Ninjamedic:

WHY HAS NO ONE SAID BILL BAILEY YET!?

......So yeah, Bill Bailey. If you have doubts, see his documentary on Alfred Wallace, he IS The Doctor.

Bill Bailey already was a security guard in last year's Christmas Special, he can't be the Doctor too! Although a musical Doctor would have something.

How about Stephen Fry? It would be bloody brilliant! But probably less action-heavy. More of a lecture through time and space.
Benedikt Cumberbatch could be nice, but he already is Sherlock, Smaug and the only good reason to see the new Star Trek so that's an unfair range already.

Quaxar:

Bill Bailey already was a security guard in last year's Christmas Special, he can't be the Doctor too!

Colin Baker says hi. He played a character who SHOT the Fifth Doctor, then became the Sixth!

Ninjamedic:

Quaxar:

Bill Bailey already was a security guard in last year's Christmas Special, he can't be the Doctor too!

Colin Baker says hi. He played a character who SHOT the Fifth Doctor, then became the Sixth!

Well... with that coat of course nobody recognized him anymore! Statistically, only 5% of all viewers have actually seen Colin Baker's face, the rest just stare at his clothes.

Captcha: shane, come back
Wtf captcha?

Quaxar:

Well... with that coat of course nobody recognized him anymore! Statistically, only 5% of all viewers have actually seen Colin Baker's face, the rest just stare at his clothes.

In fact, many of the actors have had different roles before and during their tenure as The Doctor or one of the companions, Freema Agyman and Karen Gillian were both sub characters in stories in a season before their tenure, Clive Swift was in both Classic and New Who as different characters, sure Bernard Cribbins was in the second Peter Cushing film (And that instance is fairly well known).

Bruce Campbell...

Because he's fucking Bruce Campbell and now that I know he exists I believe he must be in everything because he is Bruce Campbell...

He could teach cybermen to make love... The Bruce Campbell Way...

I'm going to pull an obvious one, Rupert Grint.

Idris Elba? Good answer. Damn good answer, actually.

I'm afraid I've got to go with David Cann though, even though he is getting very good at being old these days:

Idris Elba is too big a name and will cost too much to be the next Doctor. They tend to cast a character actor who isn't that well known as the Doctor, largely because they are cheap and able to commit for 3-4 years filming.

To throw a few names into the ring:

Anton Lesser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Lesser

the more traditional older Doctor

Sanjeev Bhaskar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjeev_Bhaskar

Good all round actor and Douglas Adams fan. He also writes so he can even write his own stuff.

Dean Andrews

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Andrews

another good actor, not had the lead roles yet.

Ninjamedic:
In fact, many of the actors have had different roles before and during their tenure as The Doctor or one of the companions, Freema Agyman and Karen Gillian were both sub characters in stories in a season before their tenure, Clive Swift was in both Classic and New Who as different characters, sure Bernard Cribbins was in the second Peter Cushing film (And that instance is fairly well known).

Er, that's one old Doctor, 2 new companions. Also Romana, she borrowed the look off someone else's body. Not "many". Even if you include Benton playing a yeti, that's not many.

Now, guests stars, sure, lots of them more than once, especially if you include minor characters in 3rd-4th doctor stories played by the same few stuntmen over and over again.

thaluikhain:

Er, that's one old Doctor, 2 new companions. Also Romana, she borrowed the look off someone else's body. Not "many". Even if you include Benton playing a yeti, that's not many.

The precedent is still there though, I don't think Bailey should be written off so hastily just because a fear of something the show already does. Would it really kill the suspension of disbelief that much?

Ninjamedic:

thaluikhain:

The precedent is still there though, I don't think Bailey should be written off so hastily just because a fear of something the show already does. Would it really kill the suspension of disbelief that much?

I'm with Ninja on this, with all the of worlds the Doctor has been to, no matter what form 12 takes up, it's going to look like someone from sometime in one of the many MANY worlds the series has been to, so why fight it?

I'd have to go with Sean Pertwee

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675730/

Because he is just so very underrated in things, and having a doctor from laaaaandan would be very cool :)

His next regeneration should split into Jedward, so he can be Doctor Two instead.

THREAD...RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

Oh, and my pick is Alexander Siddig (the actor who played Dr. Julian Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

Diablo1099:

I'm with Ninja on this, with all the of worlds the Doctor has been to, no matter what form 12 takes up, it's going to look like someone from sometime in one of the many MANY worlds the series has been to, so why fight it?[/quote]

Actually, yeah, that happened a few times in the old series to theeh first and second doctor, and to companions of the fifth and sixth.

Robert Pattinson? Cause, well...

Fudj:

Because he is just so very underrated in things, and having a doctor from laaaaandan would be very cool :)

I don't think that will happen seeing his father was the 3rd Doctor.

albino boo:

Fudj:

I don't think that will happen seeing his father was the 3rd Doctor.

I know. And thats part of the reason why it would be so great....though i'd imagine he would be very much in the vein of Eccleston

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked