I challenge you to find a battle more epic than this!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHPOnWczkXc

Personally, I think a lot of the Avatar: The Last Airbender battles are awesome. ;D

Yes I do like anime, No i Haven't seen Gurren Lagen.

It watched the first couple of episodes, couldn't get into it.

Most epic fight?

Tough call. I'd have to say either Grimjow vs ichigo or Byakuya vs ichigo.

4RM3D:
Question 1: Do you like anime?
Question 2: If so, have you seen Gurren Lagann the series?

If you answered the 2nd question with "NO" then stop reading, drop everything you are doing and go watch Gurren Lagann the series (ignore the movies).

If you answered the 1st question with "NO" then just post the most epic battle you have ever seen.

Anyhow...

I challenge you to find a battle more epic than the final battle of Gurren Lagann. Yes, it was unrealistic, over-the-top, WTF, deus ex machina and holy shit. In short, it was awesome. I can not remember any other movie, series or even a game, with such an epic ending as that of Gurren Lagann.

Yes, yes. Challenge accepted.

Leemaster777:

4RM3D:
I challenge you to find a battle more epic than the final battle of Gurren Lagann.

How about this one?

You just won the thread.

I mean, the Deer vs Principal was great but.. this. This is it.

Honestly the only one I can think of is the movie version of the series. I was under the impression you were talking about the series final battle.
Seriously that is the only scene/ battle that can top the series final battle.

For anime my vote would be a tie between most of the battles in Clamp's X series(awesome powers, emotional impact) and various instances of the Itano Circus in Macross(aka no such things as too many missiles)

ZehMadScientist:

I don't know who this chick is, but they need to put her on the sidelines of EVERY EPIC BATTLE known to man. She is too expressive and over the top. I can only imagine how she would react in this one:

Panty & Stocking vs. Scanty & Knee Sock (their first encounter)

It may not be as epic as most, but there is a lot of crazed out destruction and great visual effects that make this fight memorable (the other fight is against a crazed out speed devil that possesses various fast vehicles).

Freechoice:

If only because it's the most reasonable unreasonable Gainax production and guitars are cooler than drills.

It's a proven fact. Ride on shooting star!

Either that or BURNING AMERICAN JUSTICE.

The image where he's just holding the guitar is one that is forever burned int my head due to it's epicness.

Asita:
What? No love for Sword of the Stranger?

I'm so very glad someone else posted this so I didn't have to find a video.

You how no idea how epic Wakfu can be.

Nox-Master Xelor.
Grouglaoragran- Old dragon from when time began.

Hazy992:
Challenge accepted!

I DARE you to find a more epic battle!

This was the first thing which sprung to mind upon reading the title of this thread. Genius I say!

4RM3D:
snip

it,s only 6 episodes I would recommend watching the original Gunbuster before Gunbuster 2/Diebuster.

How has no one posted Asuka vs the,mp eva series yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH32Chen5Vo&sns=em She uses the boat as a shield!

TheKasp:

Soviet Heavy:
I say dial back on the Anime and hit the DC Animated Movies

Like in the one I posted: The DC movies have such amazing detail in the fighting scenes. And contrair to anime they are reasonable paced.

Love that movie. Man this is sooooooo much better than anime. What ruins most anime fight scenes is the monologues and stare downs.

They throw a car at Batman, and he CASUALLY WALKS THROUGH IT.

/threadover.

4RM3D:
Question 1: Do you like anime?
Question 2: If so, have you seen Gurren Lagann the series?

If you answered the 2nd question with "NO" then stop reading, drop everything you are doing and go watch Gurren Lagann the series (ignore the movies).

If you answered the 1st question with "NO" then just post the most epic battle you have ever seen.

Anyhow...

I challenge you to find a battle more epic than the final battle of Gurren Lagann. Yes, it was unrealistic, over-the-top, WTF, deus ex machina and holy shit. In short, it was awesome. I can not remember any other movie, series or even a game, with such an epic ending as that of Gurren Lagann.

I read the subject title, instantly thought of that scene from Gurren Lagann. I was going to slap you about the face with it, but it seems that you have good taste when it comes to epic battles (:

Does it have to be a video? If not I vote the Infinity Gauntlet battle.

Or many of the Gundam battle scenes (maybe not G Gundam) but still

ZehMadScientist:
Do you like anime? Yes.

If so, have you seen Gurren Lagann the series? Yes.

It was an epic battle, indeed. But the most epic battle of all time, ever, has got to be this:

My balls. They hurt. Because I know that I will never. Ever. Be able to create something. That amazing.

I will submit this video. It is not a single battle, but rather a combination of a bunch of famous Star Trek battles. The soundtrack is quite overused, but it is choreographed perfectly and it is indeed awesome!

Wonno:
snip: most awesome moment in all of bleach

to be honest, what made that the flat most epic thing in all of bleach, was how far out of left field it was. Ichigo was getting his shit wrecked be for hand, then dons the mask, then Ulquiorra release, not once, but twice, and wreck his shit even harder.

when all 'know' Hichigo was going to step up, like we 'knew', it would only be enough for an narrow victory (i keep up with the manga, so this whole fight was just o.o;; over the weeks, something you lose when watching the anime) we where not expect the one sided ass kicking we got.

TheKasp:

hehe, she was really ringing his bell (i liked the part she hit him with his own beams), pretty sad she shows far more tactical thinking then Superman ever dose, not to mention, looks like she actually knows how to fight.

as for my own contribution to the thread? my friend, the most epic fights i've seen where not anime, or from a comic

Personal favorites:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (excuse the bad quality and Spanish subtitles)

Nichijou

edit: Also really any FMA or Phantom fight scenes give me little girl giggles.

In movies, the exosuit battle in district nine as well as the duel in the good the bad and the ugly.

In books, the siege of Adua from the first law trilogy, thousands of soldiers, Vikings and italian-esque sell swords fight to hold off tens of thousands of Gurkish soldiers. In the background, Inquisitor Sand dan Glokta and the famed soldier of fortune Nicomo Cosca torture their way through a massive conspiracy with only thier collective inabilaty to give a fuck about anything giving them an advantage.

The head of the kings bodyguard fights against inhuman monsters in the palace while they slay his men with a swipe of their hands. but everything pales in comparison to Bayaz, first of the magi. "Burn"

Here's some of my favorites that come to mind:

I think this Rap battle is a good contender

I can't find the full fight but this video has most of it I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rNvzd4Eu-4

It's not the most epic fight ever but I thought it was pretty good.

Edit: That's actully an amv I linked since I can't find the fight on youtube.

FamoFunk:

Nothing beats Chuck Norris vs Lincoln or Shakespeare vs Seuess, for me. :P

Multiple people have already posted the Asuka fight from End of Evangelion, So I'll just post the spear fight from Seirei no Moribito.

I like how it gives a fairly realistic depiction of a spear/sword fight.

Sorry mate, but Gurren Lagann always kind of annoyed me. As for epic battles, you really can't go wrong with Cowboy Bebop finale. I have my problems with it, but for pure unadulterated badassness of it, perfecto.

I'm going to go with something just a tad more meta, and always a personal favorite of mine. What is more epic than the struggle between man and his machine? Creator and creation? Or should I say...

There's also a 2 and 3.

The_root_of_all_evil:
PUT ON THE DAMN GLASSES!

Epic squared.

Captain Anderson VS RRRRRowdy RRRRRRRRRRRRRoddy Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiper! I feel suffused with love!

Combine Rustler:
Are "epic" and "over the top" the same thing?
No.
No they are not.
They're similar and often overlap, but there is a very definite difference.

And you! You saved his life.
I didn't let them kill him. That's not the same thing.

Now that is an Epic movie.

That:

Asita:
What? No love for Sword of the Stranger?

Thank you for posting this because now I don't have to. My favourite anime movie fight scenes are in this movie.
For anyone who might consider watching the movie, it is a bit formulaic, but the fight scenes alone make it worth watching, and seeing Nanashi (main character) pull out his blade for the final battle was amazingly awesome. Though, I spent the whole movie worrying if Tobimaru (the dog) would end up dying.

To avoid being a pointless post I'll put this here too.

Just to show how entertaining a fight where the main character never even uses his sword can be.

Double post makes me angry.
To prevent this accidental double post from being a complete waste, here's my favourite shonen anime fight (I don't watch alot of shonen).

From Saint Seiya, Dragon Shiryu vs. Cancer Deathmask. It's in Italian due to it being the only video I could find that wasn't an AMV. It's missing a ton of context, but with that context it's awesome.

FamoFunk:

I see your Hitler vs Vader, and raise you a Spartan vs. Spartan(II)

also:

and before you think I'm too much of a halo fan:

ZehMadScientist:
Do you like anime? Yes.

If so, have you seen Gurren Lagann the series? Yes.

It was an epic battle, indeed. But the most epic battle of all time, ever, has got to be this:

That. Was. Freaking. AWESOME!!! This wins hands down!

OT: I cant really think of any, so ill go for the deer vs principal fight!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked