Your Pump Up Music.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Me and my buddy has started boxing, and I find that I can stay more focused on the workout and training if I'm listening to really awesome music.

So that's where you guys come into play, as I only know about 8 such songs, let me hear the songs you guys play to get pumped up, the kind of music that gives you goosebumbs and makes you feel like a Zulu warrior-prince or a Spartan soldier, I'll also accept really epic sound clips from movies, think scenes like when King Theoden was marshalling the army of Rohan to fight in the Battle of Minas Tirith, if you excuse the very geeky example.

Also, if it helps I really enjoy Rock n Roll and old school rap.

I'm really into metal so maybe my opinion is not really what you're looking for but this is what I like to listen to when in one of "those" moods:

I expect my opinion to be quite unpopular here. :P

Hope that helps. 4/5 of those were on the Football Summer camp soundtrack list when we were lifting. I'm guessing everyone can see the odd one out :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS5dEeMX64

What else does there need to be? Anytime I hear this song on my MP3 player I feel like I can do anything.

And sorry, I don't know what tags you use to make youtube videos show up in the comment itself (how does one go about doing that?)

This is probably going to come up alot...

and finally:

Well, for more old school rap, I've always loved this song. I don't know if this is the sort of stuff you're looking for though.

For more rock stuff, I'd recommend this

This one always gets me nice and pumped for a good spar.. It's written about "Irish" Mickey Ward. The same boxer that the movie "The Figher" was based on.

Edit - for bad embedding.

Well:

I could go on... my work out mix has 788 songs! I just picked a few!! (The last one is a joke... :P)

I also stuck to mostly mainstream stuff which should be easier to find the tracks...! Have fun!

Classical music, particularly of Bach, Chopin, Alkan and Rachmaninoff.

Fiddle of Time by Masterplan.

Metal / Hardrock in general.
Hard pumping drums and every ones in a while a great quitar riff.

Let's get down to business~! To defeat...the huns~! Did they send me daughters, when I asked...for sons~?

Stolen some of the suggestion so far!
My top 3 would be

If there's ever been a more motivating song, I don't want to hear it.

THE TIME OF MAN HAS COME TO AN END
HA HA HA HA HA HA

(I always imagine Blitzcrank from LoL listens to this sort of music)

I usually pump myself up with really up-beat power metal. Nothing makes me feel like a champ more than listening to Through the Fire and Flames before starting my reps.

This medley is awesome if you need to get some blood flowing and flying.

And this one always, fucking ALWAYS, gets me out of a slump and ready to do whatever needs to be done.

Most songs aren't displayed for me on Youtube, but I'll gladly list my favourite pump-up stuff for you.

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Disturbed - Indestructible
Disturbed - Stricken
Disturbed - Hell
Hatebreed - Another Day Another Vendetta
Rammstein - Benzin
Subway to Sally - Tanz auf dem Vulkan
Dark Tranquility - White Noise Black Silence
Turisas - Rex Regi Rebellis
Finntroll - Födosagan
One Man Army and the Undead Quartet - No Apparent Motive

These are all I can think of at the moment.

DataRock = Awesome

Pumps me up every time

Depends on my mood.

Nothing like High Fantasy symphonic metal to get you pumping.

Anything by Two Steps from Hell. Here's a sampling:

If this stuff doesn't pump you up nothing will. Nothing.

I got a band that works wonders.

Most music that gives me goosebumps is not 'pump up' music...

... After more thought I think this one could count too

Pump up music you say?
Well this one will be perfect for you yto listen while you're boxing. Well ok the video itself is boxing but none the less it's one of my favourite pump up music!

I may add more later on.

I used to box to traditional Thai fight music... that was weird, though it definitely got a rhythm going during sparring sessions...

As of late, Bridge burning by Foo Fighters.

I was always partial to Heather Alexander's March of Cambreadth as my old NCO use to play it when we were on ops

I have a few favorites,

I usually use them to pumped for either running, shooting, or a competition.

I've got the perfect song for you, hell it even has a kid boxing in the music video.

Seattle Grunge at it's most finest, Rest in piece Andrew Wood.

I'd say

Grab some Five Finger Death Punch, especially their newest album, American Capitalist. Their music always gets me pumped up.

Some of the best psych-up/gaming music I know of.

This is what I tend to listen to when I work out. I would very much recommend it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked