Cop Tasers Fleeing Handcuffed Girl, Head injuries put her in vegetative state

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

GestaltEsper:
Here's what I don't get:

Cop uses gun? "HE SHOULD'VE USED A TASER!!!"

Cop uses taser? "HE SHOULD'VE USED TACKLE!!!"

Cop uses tackle? "POLICE BRUTALITY!!!"

Cop does nothing? "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO ANYTHING?!?"

...I still wonder why people become cops. It must pay really well.

from what i understand it does not pay all that well

i also would think it would kind of be a handicap at any social gathering...everyone wants to talk about the crazy shit they did the other weekend, but...there's a cop here...

as to why someone would join the police force/volunteer for armed service i have no idea, maybe head to your local cop shop (where they like to hang out...doesnt have to be police station) and ask one why they decided to go cop

Blablahb:

Rednog:
I'm sorry, what?
Take a step?
Yea, a full out escape/run from police station is not a step.

Please answer the question, yes or no is sufficient. Is murder justified?

What happened there was an obese overagressive policeman making a concious decision to expose someone completely harmless to grave bodily harm, resulting in death, because he is too fat and lazy to take two steps.

That's a funny thing to say considering the dicussion taking place on the Religion and Politics forum.

I'm amazed that some people in here are expressing that they have no sympathy for the girl or even saying that this was deserved. Okay, she took some drugs and ran from the cops, not what she should have done, but that means it's okay that she's a vegetable from the age of twenty? You guys seem to have a very different view of the world than I do.

Gamer_152:
I'm amazed that some people in here are expressing that they have no sympathy for the girl or even saying that this was deserved. Okay, she took some drugs and ran from the cops, not what she should have done, but that means it's okay that she's a vegetable from the age of twenty? You guys seem to have a very different view of the world than I do.

most of us are by no means unsimpathatic to her current state.

We are simply responding to the overwhelming villainizing of the police officer that tased her. It is just that most of us see that this is the worst possible outcome of some one doing their job. While saddening, it is really no ones fault except her own of why she is in that state and we shouldn't try and go shifting the blame on the police officer doing his job to stop her from continuing to run free in the streets.

Alright I'm normally one who sides with the police on situations like this but she was right there! He was just behind her and she was cuffed. Just a short sprint would take her down in like 3 seconds. I do know tasers aren't permitted against cuffed individuals for reasons like this.

Yeah you all may be shocked to read it but I think the cop went too far. He could've easily ran up to her and correct me if I'm wrong but don't officers have to be physically fit and pass numerous training courses before they're ready for the field? Cops who do those sorts of things are infamous for being impossible to run from even if the criminal wasn't cuffed.

ServebotFrank:
Alright I'm normally one who sides with the police on situations like this but she was right there! He was just behind her and she was cuffed. Just a short sprint would take her down in like 3 seconds. I do know tasers aren't permitted against cuffed individuals for reasons like this.

Yeah you all may be shocked to read it but I think the cop went too far. He could've easily ran up to her and correct me if I'm wrong but don't officers have to be physically fit and pass numerous training courses before they're ready for the field? Cops who do those sorts of things are infamous for being impossible to run from even if the criminal wasn't cuffed.

She didn't look cuffed to me.

EDIT: On second thought, after watching the video a couple times. It's hard for me to tell whether or not she was cuffed.

MysticToast:

ServebotFrank:

She didn't look cuffed to me.

EDIT: On second thought, after watching the video a couple times. It's hard for me to tell whether or not she was cuffed.

After a rewatch it looks as though she's cuffed from the front, hence her position when she falls over.

Pyro Paul:
We are simply responding to the overwhelming villainizing of the police officer that tased her.

He killed someone out of utter lazyness, and responded to that by saying he'd love to kill more defenseless people if given the chance.

I don't know if it's possible to villainize that guy. He seemed to do a pretty good job at it himself.

Pyro Paul:

Gamer_152:

We are simply responding to the overwhelming villainizing of the police officer that tased her. It is just that most of us see that this is the worst possible outcome of some one doing their job. While saddening, it is really no ones fault except her own of why she is in that state and we shouldn't try and go shifting the blame on the police officer doing his job to stop her from continuing to run free in the streets.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to cause offence to you personally but

Look at the video dude...she was handcuffed. You DO NOT tase someone who's hands are bound. You just don't do it. The reason is clearly evident. Watch the way she falls, her head smacks right into the ground.

Instinctively, when we fall we put out our hand to stop the impact, and here's the important bit, protect the head from coming into contact with the ground. When your hands are bound (a la handcuffs) you can't do this.

The police are trained in the use of a taser, they KNOW that you should not use them in a situation like that for precisely this reason. The police officer knew exactly what he was doing when he tasted that girl. Her situation is totally all his fault and he should be held fully responsible.

x EvilErmine x:

Pyro Paul:

Gamer_152:

Look at the video dude...she was handcuffed. You DO NOT tase someone who's hands are bound. You just don't do it. The reason is clearly evident. Watch the way she falls, her head smacks right into the ground.

Instinctively, when we fall we put out our hand to stop the impact, and here's the important bit, protect the head from coming into contact with the ground. When your hands are bound (a la handcuffs) you can't do this.

The police are trained in the use of a taser, they KNOW that you should not use them in a situation like that for precisely this reason. The police officer knew exactly what he was doing when he tasted that girl. Her situation is totally all his fault and he should be held fully responsible.

You know those susceptible to being tazed can't put their arms out even if they are free right?

Kendarik:

x EvilErmine x:

Pyro Paul:

You know those susceptible to being tazed can't put their arms out even if they are free right?

Yep, but you tend to crumple rather than fall directly forward or back. That's if your standing still. If you are moving dependant on forward velocity and where the darts hit, your legs usually are the first things to go and inertia of the fall sends your arms out helping to absorb impact usually via the shoulder roiling you onto your front or back. When your hands are bound it affects the centrer of gravity so it can cause you to twist more during the fall and take the impact further to your back which can cause the neck to snap back and hit the head on the ground. Like I said the police are specifically trained in the use of teasers. They know all about how people react when they are taised. More importantly they know when it is safe and when it is not safe to use a taser, and it's very not OK at all to use one on someone who is already restrained.

x EvilErmine x:

except... not.

1.) the electrical current of the taser disrupts superficial muscles by causing muscle spasms. Your muscles 'lock' into place making it near impossible to move on your own.

2.) She was cuffed with her hands infront of her. She would of been able to 'put out her hand to stop the impact' regardless of the cuffs.

Blablahb:
He killed someone out of utter lazyness, and responded to that by saying he'd love to kill more defenseless people if given the chance.

You are incorrect.

Pyro Paul:

x EvilErmine x:

except... not.

1.) the electrical current of the taser disrupts superficial muscles by causing muscle spasms. Your muscles 'lock' into place making it near impossible to move on your own.

2.) She was cuffed with her hands infront of her. She would of been able to 'put out her hand to stop the impact' regardless of the cuffs.

Blablahb:

You are incorrect.

These statements are mutuality exclusive. So her muscles were locked into place making it virtually imposable to move yet she could have put out her hands to stop the impact?

Blablahb:

Pyro Paul:
We are simply responding to the overwhelming villainizing of the police officer that tased her.

I don't know if it's possible to villainize that guy. He seemed to do a pretty good job at it himself.

Now please prove this statement. How do you know it was utter lazyness? Are you able to read the cops mind, and please dont give me this bullshit about "I can tell from the video" please be specific. Was it the fact that he didn't chase her down?

Also about the police guy's quote, he said that he would do the same thing again. Now your taking it to the one extreme, how about the other extreme which you fail to even consider. "Well I did what I thought was right at the time, if I were in the exact same situation again then I would. I still beleive I did what was right but there was an unfortunate accident that was unavoidable."pfft. what am I saying the cop was totally like "Yah I totally love killin bitches! Its a fun activity for right after I eat my baby-meat cereal with blood. You know, that reminds me, I havent performed enough satanic rituals today, I better go do that right after I kick a few orphans in the head."

Please stop trying to dehumanize the policeman just because it is convinient for your argument.

x EvilErmine x:
These statements are mutuality exclusive. So her muscles were locked into place making it virtually imposable to move yet she could have put out her hands to stop the impact?

yes they are mutually exclusive...
hence why they are diffrent bullet points.

you made the point that because she was handcuffed she couldn't move to protect herself from falling.

both of those points disprove your statement.

1.) taser tends to make your muscles go rigid or spasm out of your control.
It wouldn't matter if she was handcuffed or not, the outcome would of been the same.

2.) she was cuffed from infront of her, not behind her.
Being restrained this way does not impeed her in the way you suggest.

Wow, people really love to hate cops don't they?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked