A Truth About The Internet.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

He who claims it, names it.

For instance, you know the ol' "If I'm going to constantly stare at ass in this game, it might as well be a sexy one"?

It's now called "Thinker's Corollary"

I leave you to imagine what proof it is a corollary *of*.

There is virtually no difference between someone who loves something and someone who absolutely despises it.

lRookiel:
That if I'm bored, I always have youtube...... and the Escapist.

:3

Got to add Cracked to that list too.
So yeah, my answer to the topic is quoted post + cracked.

no matter what you say, someone will tell you that it's offensive...bitch.

DireFrog:
The fact that every person is unique and recognisable is a hamper on most people's personalities and wants. Everyone has two or more faces. The one(s) they show to the people they meet, and the one on the inside, the real them. Some People would love to tell everyone they real opinions, but they fear that there would be no positive social outcome. But, once you are anonymous, you can say and do what ever you please without fear of any retribution effecting you.

The Internet helped me realise that there are very few "good" people. People think terrible thoughts and are only halted from committing terrible deeds in the fact that society would recognise them and they could never escape that. "Slaves would be tyrants, given the chance." But, most people don't have hearts of coal. It's just tarnished, some more than others.

I've accepted that greed, hate and envy is as integral to the construction of a human as charity, comradeship and acceptance are.

Thanks Internet!

now hold on just a second

there is no "one real side" of us, "what we are" is a combination of everything, actions thorughts and such

kind of like saying when somone is drunk its the "real" them (because of no inhbitions) is bullshit

peopel are complex we are both our good and bad sides, also Id wager that most trolls are dumbass teenagers sinc I cant imagine anyone else finding that funny

Oh I just thought of one!

I learned that in somehow, someway everything can be related to Nazis

To combine Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell and one of the sayings on my Murphy's Law poster:
The net is vast and infinite . . . and 90% of it is crud.

Woodsey:
There are things that even I find difficult to masturbate to.

I find your post difficult to masturbate to...<.<

Yay memes!

OT: That the internet is much more than an advanced form of telecommunications and has, since the realization that the collective minds of all who participate shape the function of the internet, become a form of culture in and of it's self separate from the traditional forms of western culture which created and influenced it...<.<

That some people are different to me and don't share my opinion
What's up with that?

Vault101:

DireFrog:
The fact that every person is unique and recognisable is a hamper on most people's personalities and wants. Everyone has two or more faces. The one(s) they show to the people they meet, and the one on the inside, the real them. Some People would love to tell everyone they real opinions, but they fear that there would be no positive social outcome. But, once you are anonymous, you can say and do what ever you please without fear of any retribution effecting you.

The Internet helped me realise that there are very few "good" people. People think terrible thoughts and are only halted from committing terrible deeds in the fact that society would recognise them and they could never escape that. "Slaves would be tyrants, given the chance." But, most people don't have hearts of coal. It's just tarnished, some more than others.

I've accepted that greed, hate and envy is as integral to the construction of a human as charity, comradeship and acceptance are.

Thanks Internet!

now hold on just a second

there is no "one real side" of us, "what we are" is a combination of everything, actions thorughts and such

kind of like saying when somone is drunk its the "real" them (because of no inhbitions) is bullshit

peopel are complex we are both our good and bad sides, also Id wager that most trolls are dumbass teenagers sinc I cant imagine anyone else finding that funny

Well I imagine what he means is our real thoughts. I'd certainly agree there is no real side of us, the fact that I might not be as outspoken offline is indeed a part of my personality and a real one at that. To say that's not the real me would be false, that is how I act when in that context. But he probably means people are more likely to say what they really think, because without social pressure there's a lot less holding them back if they are usually silent about it. And I suppose he finds that often times what people really think, but don't say in real life, is rather distasteful. Of course that's still missing a lot about a person since you don't get to see how they interact with others or treat others really so you're not seeing a part of their personality. Hopefully that all makes sense, I'm tired.

Vault101:

Id wager that most trolls are dumbass teenagers sinc I cant imagine anyone else finding that funny

What about dumbass... dumbasses?

The internet is fail.
Learned that on the internet.

that the internet is the best way to make info available to people since the invention of libraries/newspapers, and so far is less susceptible to censorship (who knows how long that will last)

There is no shortage of ignorance and stupidity

People will complain about anything.

A Weary Exile:
People will complain about anything.

People will purposefully find ways to complain about something.

You are never the "only one who does this" or the "only one who hates that".

Ultimate Truth:

Turning safesearch off for Google images is a bad idea.

There is always something more shocking on the internet

If you can think of a question, it is almost guaranteed that someone has already thought of it and asked Google.

That the escapist is full of people who will bash America and religion no matter if it's involved or not, and that these same people are incredibly hostile to those with a different opinion than them. I must admit, it's getting ridiculous.

That if one person makes a good joke in a comment, and someone else realises it can be modified to be used repeatedly everywhere, by the end of the week, a bunch of twelve year olds have ruined that joke and everyone is divided neatly into people who find it funny for some reason, people who use it 'ironically' and people who end up avoiding the pages they love for fear of seeing the same joke again. *end rant*
also, I've learnt that ranting on the internet is pointless :P

Godwin's Law is ALWAYS in effect.

Pinkie-Pie-Party:
That if one person makes a good joke in a comment, and someone else realises it can be modified to be used repeatedly everywhere, by the end of the week, a bunch of twelve year olds have ruined that joke and everyone is divided neatly into people who find it funny for some reason, people who use it 'ironically' and people who end up avoiding the pages they love for fear of seeing the same joke again. *end rant*
also, I've learnt that ranting on the internet is pointless :P

How misogynistic and racist most people really are. Obvious some people are just trolls, but I have met so many real ones at this point that it's just...kind of fucking ridiculous.

That if all the planets align on Friday the 13th, an entire thread on a forum website will have all people posting something that's actually relevant to the OP's original post.

The internet is infinitely huge and knows everything and therfore its GOD

The internet is bullshit. Not in that its rubbish, just that its so easy to kill time and keep occupied. Before I realise its been 3 hours and I havn't even dealt with the issue I logged on for. Guess its just distracting.

Cats are funnier than I could ever have imagined.

that when the great Sir Alec Guinness uttered the famous line "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" he could only do so with a straight face because the internet hadn't been invented.

that your Mum telling your 70 odd year old Gran to search for "boys toys" on the internet pre Goggle safe search was not a great idea.

The internet never forgives and never forgets.
Especially when it comes to grammar and spelling.

DeadSp8s:

I disagree with you. Maybe you're not doing it right.

Well, my example dealt with a fairly generic event name. I googled my location, with the event name, the first 2 pages of answers were incorrect simply because the name was so common.

It took about 5 minutes of back and forward 'no, that's something different' until I finally hit paydirt.

All this because the guy was too lazy to type out what and where it was.

The whole reason why I ask people questions is to save time. Especially if I know THEY know. There is no greater dick move than withholding information simply because it exists on the internet.

Thanks to Sturgeon's Law and the GIFT:

>Net respect for the sum of all things in this world is lost at a greater rate than it is earned.
>People express their true selves over the internet, allowing us to validate the premise that over 99% of humans are idiots.
>The internet has shown us that the notion of general or collective agreement is very elusive on even the most trivial of matters.
>Somehow, the internet remains awesome.

The Internet proves that humans are fucking demented these days .

That joining a group made up of thousands of others like you can make you feel like an "individual free spirit" as long as somewhere, someone has an immense hatred of said group.

GigaHz:

DeadSp8s:

I disagree with you. Maybe you're not doing it right.

Well, my example dealt with a fairly generic event name. I googled my location, with the event name, the first 2 pages of answers were incorrect simply because the name was so common.

It took about 5 minutes of back and forward 'no, that's something different' until I finally hit paydirt.

All this because the guy was too lazy to type out what and where it was.

The whole reason why I ask people questions is to save time. Especially if I know THEY know. There is no greater dick move than withholding information simply because it exists on the internet.

Is there no greater dick move? *googles it*

Nah, I agree with that. Just saiyan, whatever it is it's out there on the goog.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked