Where do/did/will you go to college?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Hey guys, I'm a Junior in high school, and I just got back from a few college visits, and I was just wondering where people are/did/plan to go to college and what they major/majored/plan to major in.

Personally, I want to be an engineer of some sort, and I'm hoping to make it into Stanford or Berkeley, but that's probably not going to happen. I have an SAT score of 2220 which is good, but I'm nowhere near the top of my class. I'll probably end up just going to a state school like A&M since I live in Texas. :/

So what colleges are you guys looking at, attending or attended?

none... I went to the USMC instead... judging by how my friends who went to normal school ended up a good choice for me

As a fellow high school junior...I have no fucking clue where I'm going to go. I'm basically college-bound, but I have no idea where to start.

...It's going to come back to bite me in the ass, I just know it.

I hope to go to Queens University, Belfast to study Electronic and Electrical Engineering.

Requirements are pretty high, AAB, so there is plenty of work to be done to get the grades.

ahh university

It seems kind of a "damned if you do" or "damned if you dont" type thing...

I havnt gone, dont know if I ever will...

I go to Brighton University in... Brighton, England.
I study the history of philosophy
i got well under the grades needed but i wowed em on the interview :)

Go somewhere you'll get a full scholarship, so you don't end up in any debt.

Me? I'm attending Middle Tennessee State University. Nothing special for someone who graduated high school with a 3.6 GPA and 32 on the ACT, but hey, it's free if I keep a 3.0.

Honestly, though, I'm kind of enjoying security work, hopefully moreso now that I'm gonna get my armed license soon. Just remember Uni's not for everyone, and that it's not the only way to a good life.

I'm currently a student at Augusta State University. Though I've got an application pending at SCAD, and I'm hoping to start there in the fall.

I am currently attending UCSD as a computer engineering major. I am in fact slacking off on my homework a bit by being online right now. I'm just tired of being told about inconsistent assumptions when trying to run this stupid makefile on this OCaml project -__-

Jedoro:

Honestly, though, I'm kind of enjoying security work, hopefully moreso now that I'm gonna get my armed license soon. Just remember Uni's not for everyone, and that it's not the only way to a good life.

I get the impression America would say otherwise

University. I went there once. Boring as though, so I dropped out and went to TAFE instead. Best decision I ever made.

Tazzy da Devil:
University. I went there once. Boring as though, so I dropped out and went to TAFE instead. Best decision I ever made.

may I ask what your studying?

Vault101:

Tazzy da Devil:

Just got my Cert IV Programming and this year I'm starting Diploma of Website Development.

Vault101:

Jedoro:

I get the impression America would say otherwise

It does.

Or at least I think it does. When it starts, I stick my fingers in my ears and go "Lalala, I can't hear you!"

Tazzy da Devil:

Vault101:

Tazzy da Devil:

Just got my Cert IV Programming and this year I'm starting Diploma of Website Development.

cool, what was it you didnt like about univeristy?

dont mind me I just find thease things interesting, Its always irritated me the "smugness" thats comes with higher education, and then the people laughing at you because you cant get a job with your degree

people are assholes somtimes

I currently go to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Next year I'll be going to Florida State University, though (if they decide they want to let me in. -.- urgh...)

I'm studying Chinese linguistics and a double major as Religious studies with a concentration in Eastern religions. I currently have a minor in History as well, but I'll probably be dropping that.

Royal Air Force College Cranwell...

Spent 30 miserable weeks there so I can have years of happy career! :D

Vault101:

Tazzy da Devil:

Vault101:

dont mind me I just find thease things interesting, Its always irritated me the "smugness" thats comes with higher education, and then the people laughing at you because you cant get a job with your degree

Personally, university didn't interest me because everyone was so serious. It seemed like no one there cared about anything other than studying. The whole time I was there, I don't think I heard a single person laugh. Plus I wasn't learning as much there. In a class of 150 it's impossible to get any one on one time with the teachers. TAFE has a much more relaxed environment, the class sizes are smaller than even high school, and it's just suited me so much more.

Tazzy da Devil:

Vault101:

Tazzy da Devil:

Personally, university didn't interest me because everyone was so serious. It seemed like no one there cared about anything other than studying. The whole time I was there, I don't think I heard a single person laugh. Plus I wasn't learning as much there. In a class of 150 it's impossible to get any one on one time with the teachers. TAFE has a much more relaxed environment, the class sizes are smaller than even high school, and it's just suited me so much more.

fair enough, thanks for the info

Ohio State
or
Penn State
or
University of Michigan
or
University of Wisconsin Madison
or
Indiana University Bloomington
or
Michigan State
or
Loyola Chicago
or
Hofstra (NY)

Still have no clue what to decide. I've only been rejected by the University of Chicago thus far.

Final year at Monash Univerity in Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Uppsala University, Uppsala Sweden. Getting paid to study at one of the top 2 unis in the country? How nice.

I'm in my final (4th) year of theoretical physics at University of Leeds. It's been good, learned lots, made friends. Now the arduous decision of PhD or job. I'm thinking job, my dissertation has taught me that focusing on a single small thing for long periods of time is my own personal hell. I don't care how interesting topological quantum physics is, three years of nothing else and I would probably kill myself and anyone around me.

Currently studying hotel management in a private institution in Athens. Hopefully the freakishly overblown media coverage of the protests here won't scare off everyone.

You have to love the Greek media ruining EVERYTHING just to get some more views and the fact that the government doesn't try to cover up even a fraction of the riots. Too bad this country is being picked apart, it really has great potential and everyone is just letting it rot and be devoured by the "vultures" (they know who they are).

RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.

I studied Electronic Engineering at Southampton University (UK), then did a Masters in Software Engineering at the same place.

I can highly recommend the university (nice campus, great nightlife, good halls, etc.) but the electronic engineering course almost killed me! It made the masters in software seem like a walk in the park.

I'm now very happily employed as a software developer, so I guess it was worth it.

Computer Science major at Cal Poly SLO (California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo) over here. Planning to get my masters. So far I'm loving it, great weather, nice campus, friendly people, and challenging courses. Primary downside is the food, which, admittedly, is terrible(and an on-campus meal plan is required freshman year).

Currently studying Chemistry at Reading, England. So far, pretty good, but carbonyl chemistry is a major pain in the arse.

First day of Uni for me today, Bachelor of Social Science. Not my first foray into the world of Uni... I did a worthless BA a decade ago. Was fun, though.

I thought of going to college out of state, but my councilor convinced me that I would get way more scholarships if I stayed in state.

Engineering (electrical) major, and computer science second major at the University of Western Australia. Wanted to go to America and attend one of their ivy league schools because, while I don't mean to toot my own horn, my grades were great enough to get into any of those. But yeah, figured it made more sense to stay in Australia to get my degree done through HECS, pay it off when I have the money, then get to America.

Glass Joe the Champ:

Personally, I want to be an engineer of some sort, and I'm hoping to make it into Stanford or Berkeley, but that's probably not going to happen. I have an SAT score of 2220 which is good, but I'm nowhere near the top of my class. I'll probably end up just going to a state school like A&M since I live in Texas. :/

No, you can go to Stanford and Berkeley.
Anyone who is able to get a score over 2000 at Junior year can go anywhere if they keep studying.

Does university count?
University of Bergen in Norway. I really wanted to get into the prestige university (NTNU, Norwegian technical scientific university), but I didn't have enough studypoints... Perhaps I'll take my master in physics there when I'm done with the bachelor.

Attending: Clark College (Vancouver, Washington) for my Associate's.

Getting my BA in Broadcast Journalism at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) at the Edward R. Murrow School of Journalism. Best on this side of the country, so I'm going to study A LOT harder.

smithy_2045:
RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.

WeEEEEEeeeEEEEWWWWWW.
I'm in 2nd year Games.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked