A question for the male drinkers out there

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Real men drink gin and vodka, the bridge between gin/vodka and tonic.

People always make fun of me because the only thing I will drink is a Brass Monkey 1/3 orange juice 1/3 apple jucie and 1/3 coconut rum

LetalisK:
I wish I remembered, it's been a long time. I think it might be the London Gin or whatever it was with the uniformed guy marching on the bottle.

Wouldn't know.
Only ever tasted Bombay sapphire.

The one with the marching guard on the label is called Beefeater though.

I had a Gin and Tonic once. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Now granted the bar we were at was pretty lousy and the drinks usually were not very good.

I haven't tried gin & tonic, but I've heard it's awful. I'm a coeliak, so I can't drink beer (except Corona and Budweiser) or other wheat beverages unless they're distilled like vodka. I love myself to a good wine and some other spirits, but at the moment I drink only like a true Viking. Good old honey-brewed MEAD. And yes, it is badass, it is awesome and that is how I feel when I drink it.

I'm a cider man. Nothing beats a pint of Bulmers, or better yet, Shandon Orchard, especially after a hard day of field work with the fellow geologists, or ecologists. Take off the foul weather gear, go to the pub, stick some old time rock and roll on the jukebox, and you've got the perfect night out.:)

royohz:
but at the moment I drink only like a true Viking. Good old honey-brewed MEAD. And yes, it is badass, it is awesome and that is how I feel when I drink it.

That is pretty badass. Mead is rare around here though, and in any case its too much like wine for my taste.

I think that anyone drinking males should seek counseling ASAP. They have a real problem. ;)

Seriously though... Never been a gin fan. Always thought it tasted like rubbing alcohol. Then again, I can afford passably descent Scotch, so... yeah.

Though occasionally I'll suck down some Disaronno (Amaretto) for a change of pace.

(33 by the way)

Not seriously into it, but I'd drink it alright. It's kind of arbitrary that something like whiskey can be manly and gin can be girly. They're both strong spirits. I mean if it was something like alco-pops then I'd take the piss but G&T to me is no different than a Jack and Coke.

Jedoro:
Eh, drink what you want. I stick to fruity drinks that taste good because I don't like thinking I'm drinking urine. My best friend gave me shit about that, but we then pointed out he got used to drinking beer because it's a lot cheaper. Seeing as how I don't drink often, I won't apologize for being able to afford something that actually tastes good.

this person sums up my drinking experiences.

Dont let people give you stick for enjoying your drinks.

My friends don't drink gin and tonic water tastes like sewage, so generally don't drink g&t.
My go-to drinks are Jack and Dr Pepper, and Blue Moon.

Gin on it's own tasted like fermented sawdust, but with tonic it actually becomes okay. Not a huge fan but i have been known to order one when i feel like doing something different. I'm 19 by the way.

I don't really understand why it would be a womans drink. It's pretty bitter and packs quite the punch. When i think gin and tonic i think men in their 40's on a buisness trip sipping in between discussions at a semi-fancy restuarant.

jkvoller:
I am a 18 year old male and drink gin and tonic

My question is simple. Are there any other young (18/21 - 39) males who drink and enjoy a gin and tonic out there, because my friends keep saying that a G&T is camp and exclusively for old women.

I drink gin and tonics, except instead of tonic I use vermouth, and intead of ice and lemon I use an olive.

I honestly can't stand gin, I find it awful, and I work in a bar, the only people that ever order it are older women.

That said, it's still a spirit, and as long as you're drinking spirits and not Cruisers or Breezers or some shit, it's all good.

royohz:
I haven't tried gin & tonic, but I've heard it's awful. I'm a coeliak, so I can't drink beer (except Corona and Budweiser)

So what you're saying is... you can't drink beer at all? ;D

It is kind of an old ladies drink, but it's not that bad. To be honest though, I think it's an awful tasting drink. Gin and lemonade isn't too bad though.

Is it a girly drink? Yes kind of.

If that's really what you want to drink though you have to determine if its worth a little shame/mild teasing.

jkvoller:

My question is simple. Are there any other young (18/21 - 39) males who drink and enjoy a gin and tonic out there, because my friends keep saying that a G&T is camp and exclusively for old women.

I drink it all the time... and as an Officer in the UK military, I can tell you it is a staple drink amongst young males! It has an odd reputation, which doesn't fit it at all! It's a pretty hardcore drink when you think about it... its not sweet, it doesn't come with umbrellas or any straws... hell... it shouldn't even come with a stiring rod (although modern bars are crap, and seem to think they should!) Its a damn good drink! Hell, even the bottles are pretty manly...! A Gordon's or Hendricks bottle is not femanine at all!

For added bonus, use slices of cucumber instead of lemon... its an even better drink! :P

Doitpow:

jkvoller:

I drink gin and tonics, except instead of tonic I use vermouth, and intead of ice and lemon I use an olive.

Shaken, or stirred?

'For the male drinkers'? You mean there are *women* somewhere on the escapist?
Oh hardehar I'm such a wit!

G&T is pretty much for old women/men (my parents drink it often) and I only know of one person around your age who does drink it and he has the look and mentality of a 50 year old man.

But don't give in to peer pressure, drink what you enjoy and break the mold :D

I've had a gin and tonic on one or two occassions, I usually just pound back vodka or spiced rum straight out the bottle... or beer, lot's of beer... So maybe since I rarely mix a drink, I'm not the best person to post an opinion on it. But camp, or for girls? Who the hell do you hang out with?

Real men drink real ale, in the UK at least.

On a more sensible note, I do love real ale, but I am also partial to a G&T or a gin and bitter lemon even. My one other favourite drink is a white Russian.

EDIT: I'm 23 by the way.

20 years old, drink most hard liquors, not one for gin all together and tonic water is just plain nasty. Then again I'm in the same 'mocking' boat as you for not liking beer XD. Basically just get drunk off what gets you drunk in my opinion.

jkvoller:

I fucking love G&Ts.

Vodka mixers are definitely for women though.

Its not a girly drink really, but dont worry about it. DRINK ALL THE BOOZE!

Those chocolate mud shakes drinks are nice....

I do what I want, my job gives me all the manly points I need.

edit: btw I totally expected this to be another 'Drunken sex is rape!!!' thread....

Elementary - Dear Watson:

Shaken, or stirred?

I normally let the bartender decide. Shaking the martini dilutes it more so most barfolk stir, you normally only shake drink with fruit juices or milk in them. (protip)

At least you're not drinking lolly water. I usually stick to beer (lager) and scotch/bourbon/whiskey.

Freezy_Breezy:

royohz:
I haven't tried gin & tonic, but I've heard it's awful. I'm a coeliak, so I can't drink beer (except Corona and Budweiser)

So what you're saying is... you can't drink beer at all? ;D

Ahahaaaaa, I get it. You're funny, that was funny. I'm gonna tell all my friends this one and also about this funny guy on the escapist.

Seriously though, I don't know if they even are beers or if that was just a humorous way of sharing your opinion, but they have pretty much the same awful taste as beer. 'Ave a good one!

21 here and I drink a Gin & Tonic on occasion.

Your friends are idiots! It is a historical drink, not an old ladies drink!

royohz:
Ahahaaaaa, I get it. You're funny, that was funny. I'm gonna tell all my friends this one and also about this funny guy on the escapist.

Seriously though, I don't know if they even are beers or if that was just a humorous way of sharing your opinion, but they have pretty much the same awful taste as beer. 'Ave a good one!

The verdict is in, and yes, I'm just getting it now - they're just pretty awful beers.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked