Scariest/Creepiest thing thats ever happened to you?

What is the scariest/creepiest experience that has ever happened to you? Doesn't have to be paranormal related. It could be along the lines of getting mugged, to a door mysteriously shutting on you.

I remember when I was younger some relatives stayed over at my house and I had to sleep in the guest room. A couple years earlier my grandfather died in his sleep in the same room. And I was just on the edge of falling asleep when I hear something get knocked over in the bathroom of the guest room. I opened the door and saw everything was in order, and then the sink for some reason just turned right on. It was weird and still freaks me out to this day.

When I was young I got chased by a peacock, scary as shit. The whole thing fucking expanded and went full tilt at me.

I was home alone with my Dad and my cat. My Dad decided to call it a night around 11PM, so I retired to the basement to chill on the computer for a bit. Before I did that I let the cat outside. So I chilled on the computer for a few hours, then suddenly I hear movement from upstairs.

The thing is though, I can tell exactly where the noise is coming from, and it wasn't coming from my Dad's room but from the kitchen. I didn't think it could be intruders since our windows and doors make even more obvious noises than the floors. So I go up to investigate the situation, obviously it had to be my Dad, it was fairly heavy based on the thumps.

So I go upstairs and nobody is there, I creep over to my Dad's room, he's snoring, he takes at least half an hour to fall asleep, he's that sort of guy. He didn't make the noise. So the noise must have been from something else, like the pipes or something obscure like that.

Then my cat brushes against my leg...

Holy fuck...

I check all the windows, they're closed, the doors are closed and locked. Something made a noise, my cat was outside and now she's magically inside.

Scariest thing, easily that time we were moving and we decided to stop and wait for my brothers to catch up but they didn't show up, then my father decided to ask one guy that was passing by in his pick up, he didn't tell me what he told him but he ran back to the other side of the mountain and told me to guard the car, of course the road we were on had a reputation of people falling off it and dying so I was pretty damn horrified that they might have died, so after a couple of minutes I got too worried about it and decided to leave the car alone and go see what had happened as I passed the mountain that was covering my view I notice a lot of smoke and as I keep running I start to notice the scene and soon I realize that they're car was on fire, of course I started running faster because well it was on fire and then I see them standing there beside the car in panic, crying and all I felt at that moment was relief because I genuinely thought they had died, of course I was just so happy that everyone was ok that everybody got angry at me because I was so happy even though all of my stuff (PC, PS3, my books, etc.) but I didn't care about that stuff because they were all right and that's what was important, sure it's probably not what you'd expect for the scariest moment of my life (Specially taking into consideration that I've been lost in a forest, have been in the middle of shoot-outs, have been in earthquakes and unlike my brothers when I was in a fire I actually got caught in the flames though I did make it out without any major injuries), but it's certainly the time that I've been more scared of anything.

once when me and my house mates were filming a sort of blair witch project type video all the some lights and devices suddenly went shut off and didn't come back on for a good half-hour despite us fiddling about with fuses etc

incredible how scared some of my housemates were, they were shaking and didn't want to leave the room.

Matthew94:
When I was young I got chased by a peacock, scary as shit. The whole thing fucking expanded and went full tilt at me.

I got chased by an angry goose when I was little, not quite as big but much louder. For something without teeth birds are fucking scary when they come right at you.

Creepy: On New Year's Eve a couple of years ago my cousin and a friend of ours were walking down a road next to some fields. We started hearing some strange gurgling, choking noise coming from the field nearest to us. Probably just an animal but we never found out.

Scary(ish): Got caught in a huge storm just off the coast of Torquay and crashed into the harbour wall on the way in. As one of the 3/9 people that didn't suffer from seasickness I actually thought it was pretty cool. To my aunt & uncle, however, it was just expensive.

My car crash last year... I was on the motorway, travelling at 80mph when I was crossing to the middle lane frm the inside (to overtake), it was 2300 and cloudy so it was pitch dark. I had what was probably a tyre blowout which caused the car to be uncontrollable, and eventually I started spinning!

I have no idea how much I span or how far I went, but I ended up hitting the barrier on the hard shoulder and coming to a stop, also on the hard shoulder facing oncoming traffic..

I initially checked myself, and found I was completely ok! Not a scratch, although looking around I realised that my windcreen was smashed, I had no lights and the left side of my car was closer than it should be... I got out the car... must have been less than 2 minutes after the crash, and the barrier was pretty much right in front of me... I was taking my phone out of my poket, and was very shakily climbing over the barrier when there was a huge noise behind me, and as I turned a peice of plastic hit me in the head and threw me down the embankment over the barrier.

I got up, another check, still no sctratches, and looked up at the road. The barrier where I was previously was now buckled and bulged towards me, and my car was gone. I went up the embankment and looked, and my car was another 50 meters down the road... beyond it was a lorry on the hard shoulder! The lorry had drifted onto the hard sholder and taken my already crashed car out again.

As the car had already been hit from the front-left, the 2nd hit had completely annihalated the car. The dashboard and stering wheel were now over the front seats, and the entire front of car and engine was now pushed back behind the wheels. As I looked I became instantly aware that if I had stayed in the car another minute or 2, then I would have been killed!!

Turns out the lorry was written off as well as my car, and the driver of the lorry wasn't wearing his seatbelt, and had cracked a rib... I was shaken up, but was ok enough to manage the scene until the police arrived, and apply first aid to the lorry driver and get him out of the lorry.

If I remember, after work i'll try and post a pic! It was a nasty smash!! Still... I am still here, so it definately wasn't my time to go! Did make me feel invincible for a while though!

usmarine4160:

Matthew94:

I got chased by an angry goose when I was little, not quite as big but much louder. For something without teeth birds are fucking scary when they come right at you.

Pfft i got assaulted by a giant turkey when i was a kid! And from then on i have devoured the thanksgiving turkey every year with a vengeance.

True story

Probably the time a friend of mine and I wandered the streets of Detroit for a few hours looking for our other friend who had disappeared and wasn't answering his phone. This was after he got attacked by members of a band during a show and got kicked out of the venue. So we looked for him, saw a lot of scary things, including a guy laying on the sidewalk which we didn't think anything of, we just thought he was homeless but when we came by later, he was gone and there was a pool of blood where he had been. Anyway eventually our friend returns with the keys to his car, apparently he had left with some girl and didn't bother getting a hold of us, messed up considering he didn't even get any from her. It was just a bad night, I've had scarier moments but this was just like constant tension and mild fear for hours straight.

Not so much scary, as strange is that we have a doorbell that goes off at random, and with songs that aren't actually programmed into it. we've checked there wasn't anyone at the door each time, and even removed the batteries, yet it still continues, even in the middle of the night.

Going to court with the threat of jail is pretty fucking scary.

the first time i realized i could see people that were not actually there

Honestly, this is something I'll probably get laughed at for but I sat down one Saturday and watched the entire Marbled Hornets series and for at least two days I was in an intense state of paranoia and fear. I couldn't sleep, every little movement I saw at night made me screech and cry, and I couldn't help but stare at the corner of my room. It was as if I expected him to be there.

two words. TWO GOD DAMN WORDS. Slender. Man.
Hands down, the scariest, I hesitate to say "thing", that I have ever and probably will ever encounter in my time on earth. Insomnia, the feeling of being watched by something you just miss when you turn to it. I could not sleep with the lights off because of just the... darkness that this entity radiates. I had to see a therapist (along for some emotional and depression related issues) to get over my fucking fears of this fucker. Even though I no longer feel watched and can feel safe with lights off (thank god for teddy bears) I still think of this bastard. sometimes when I am just board I just sit and start drawing and if I am not focused on drawing something then that bastard just comes to the page. It just makes me abit scared to think that an entity goes around driving people to the point of insanity and then just removing them from existence. He sort of draws on my fears of the unknown and of being unable to understand. Now I got to-wait- who the fuck opened my closet?

P.S.: Everything up until that last sentence was written in complete seriousness. No joke, this guy will make you jump at shadows.

I was young (like 6..I guess)and I was at a children's birthday party. Myself and some of the other children got into a game of tag that got out of control. Two older children decided it would be fun to lock me in a confined space in the basement of the house. This was bad enough by itself,but 2 things made it worse. The first thing was that I had a really bad light source in what was otherwise a perfectly dark space. I had one of those little plastic "ray' guns,that shoot harmless sparks when you pull the trigger. With this,all I could do in my panic was discover that I was in some kind of closet space. Looking back,I was probably ruining my night vision in the situation,and "spoiling" any chance I had of finding out more about the space I was in,because my eyes would adjust to the dark,and then I'd get scared,and then I would pull the trigger again,just to get some more light. This "light" would be too bright,and too short in duration,and I would see less,and less the longer I was in this closet. The second problem was that the adults had decided to sneak off to another part of the house and play loud rock music and have a few beers while the kids played. I was in there for nearly 3 hours while the grown-ups boozed it up. :( None of the grown-ups could hear my yelling for help,or crying,or screaming...I didn't get out untill my dad came by to pick me up from the party,and then the Hosts were all suddenly,"Heyy..aren't we short a couple of kids?" The two older kids apparently been busy and had two or three other kids imprisoned in other parts of the house,along with myself. :( Bad scene all around...

lion el jhonson:
Hands down, the scariest, I hesitate to say "thing", that I have ever and probably will ever encounter in my time on earth. Insomnia, the feeling of being watched by something you just miss when you turn to it. I could not sleep with the lights off because of just the... darkness that this entity radiates. I had to see a therapist (along for some emotional and depression related issues) to get over my fucking fears of this fucker. Even though I no longer feel watched and can feel safe with lights off (thank god for teddy bears) I still think of this bastard. sometimes when I am just board I just sit and start drawing and if I am not focused on drawing something then that bastard just comes to the page. It just makes me abit scared to think that an entity goes around driving people to the point of insanity and then just removing them from existence. He sort of draws on my fears of the unknown and of being unable to understand. Now I got to-wait- who the fuck opened my closet?

P.S.: Everything up until that last sentence was written in complete seriousness. No joke, this guy will make you jump at shadows.

Exactly what I meant. ):

Well, seeing as it's been exactly a year, I'd say nothing tops the February 22nd earthquake in Canterbury for me. I was doing the regular, i.e. gaming, playing some rubbishy RPG, when suddenly, earthquake. Seriously, it was a big fucker. A 6.3 magnitude, I think it was 20-odd km deep, making it even more traumatic than the 7 magnitude from september.

Sleep paralysis. Nothing scarier than that, really. And I've been through a couple of earthquakes and a car accident.

Playing through Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

That took scary to the next level.

I used to think there was a giant-Shelob spider in the basement ceiling. Her legs dangled around the walls and if I opened the closet they would snatch me up.

Right now it's cars when I'm walking around at night. The bright lights, fast speeds and the knowledge that they're much heavier, stronger and larger than my puny form is frightening. The fear that the drivers are worse than I am adds to that too.

OP: My imagination

When I was younger, probably about 10 or 11, I was playing in the bushes (read: massive nature reserve) behind my house with my brothers and my cousin. My older brother and I had just climbed to the top of this huge dirt mound, and were helping my younger brother up when he suddenly started screaming. I look down to see his arms are covered in these little fuckers:

It was then that my older brother and I realised we were standing in the middle of their nest. Being too high to safely jump down, we start frantically stomping all around us, trying desperately to hold back the seemingly infinite number of them pouring from the earth. My cousin ran back to my house with my little brother, and came back with a can of bug spray, which he hurled up to us. We used up the entire can and they showed no sign of slowing. We decided we had to jump. My brother landed ok, but I twisted my ankle.

That was pretty much the last time we went into the bush to play, and to this day I still go out of my way to avoid those ants. I'm sure if it happened now, it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad, but to a kid, it felt like this:

lion el jhonson:

Mine is something similar to what you have seen, but a bit less terrifying.

I have seen shadow people, and all that I know is that they are there. I don't know why or where they are, but I know they are there.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked