2.3% (6)
2.3% (6)
Other
16.2% (42)
16.2% (42)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Your favorite current Cartoon Network cartoon

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I actually like Adventure Time and Regular Show equally but I chose Regular Show cause it was losing, Also the Amazing World of Gumball is surprisingly bearable

Mr.Mattress:
Regular Show. It's very funny, has interesting Characters (Even if the two main characters are only better version of "Bros" from horror movies), and some awesome fight scenes. MAD Comes in second because it's really really funny.

I think Adventure Time is okay, but I find it really Creepy that a 13 year old is in love with a 20-some year old. I just find that really creepy. I also find it creepy that this 20-some might have the same feelings for the 13 year old (Pedophelia much). It also was just as creepy with the Gender Bent episode, which also got worse because *MAJOR SPOIL* it was a Fanfic from the Ice King (He's got a sad backstory btw)*END MAJOR SPOIL*.

Well, actually, here's the thing about that. You see, those emotions that the 20 something (18 actually) you said might be feeling, are gone...like completely. Explanation: Well, you see for awhile, she was turned into a 13 year old too. They had feelings, etc. However, once they managed to change her back, whenever he tried to mention them, she simply said something a long the lines of "grow up, that was like 5 years ago" and casually walks off. So yeah... feelings gone.

Besides, they've actually introduced a new love interest character his age. Flame Princess, who, through a series of unfortunate events, kinda hates him...and is apparently 'considered' evil.

Plus, how is it weird that a 13 year old has a crush on an older woman? He may be one of the only humans in this world, but hormones still exist. And I'm pretty sure plenty of people have felt minor attractions to an older woman. I saw a weird post the other day...

TheNaut131:

Mr.Mattress:
Regular Show. It's very funny, has interesting Characters (Even if the two main characters are only better version of "Bros" from horror movies), and some awesome fight scenes. MAD Comes in second because it's really really funny.

I think Adventure Time is okay, but I find it really Creepy that a 13 year old is in love with a 20-some year old. I just find that really creepy. I also find it creepy that this 20-some might have the same feelings for the 13 year old (Pedophelia much). It also was just as creepy with the Gender Bent episode, which also got worse because *MAJOR SPOIL* it was a Fanfic from the Ice King (He's got a sad backstory btw)*END MAJOR SPOIL*.

Well, actually, here's the thing about that. You see, those emotions that the 20 something (18 actually) you said might be feeling, are gone...like completely. Explanation: Well, you see for awhile, she was turned into a 13 year old too. They had feelings, etc. However, once they managed to change her back, whenever he tried to mention them, she simply said something a long the lines of "grow up, that was like 5 years ago" and casually walks off. So yeah... feelings gone.

Besides, they've actually introduced a new love interest character his age. Flame Princess, who, through a series of unfortunate events, kinda hates him...and is apparently 'considered' evil.

Plus, how is it weird that a 13 year old has a crush on an older woman? He may be one of the only humans in this world, but hormones still exist. And I'm pretty sure plenty of people have felt minor attractions to an older woman. I saw a weird post the other day...

Yeah, I know about the whole *Turn Young, Turn Old* thing. I saw that bit. But I highly doubt the Princess doesn't have any feelings for Finn. Plus, the Princess ages really differently then Finn: The length of her hair determines her age (Apparently). I never actually saw the episode where she grew up, but I highly doubt that her 5 years equals ours, otherwise, Finn would have grown up with her.

I don't wanna know about the post, but to me, it's just weird. To me, it's akin to a 40 something wanting to date a 60 something.

Lastly, I don't know if Flame Princess is permenant or a one time character. If she is, that could create an interesting dynamic. However, I have a feeling she was a one timer.

TheNaut131:

So yeah, there's that. As for Adventure Time...I'm kinda tired of trying to change a person's opinion. If I do, it's not like I actually get anything out of it, so I don't really care what you think. Believe what you want to believe.

Edit: Though, so I don't come of as lazy and trying to wiggle my way out of an explanation, I guess a lot of people enjoy it because...well, some people genuinely like the characters, find the adventures enjoyable, think the show is actually humorous, and a good chunk of the fanbase is out trying to piece together Adventure Time's whole backstory. Oh, and this:

Huh, well the plot to Regular Show sounds thoroughly tolerable. I'll have to investigate further.

Also, I think you've answered my question. That clip was genuinely funny and I can imagine watching more of that. I don't plan on buying the DVDs, but I think I see it. So kudos to you, and for what its worth, you've changed an opinion.

Mr.Mattress:

Yeah, I know about the whole *Turn Young, Turn Old* thing. I saw that bit. But I highly doubt the Princess doesn't have any feelings for Finn. Plus, the Princess ages really differently then Finn: The length of her hair determines her age (Apparently). I never actually saw the episode where she grew up, but I highly doubt that her 5 years equals ours, otherwise, Finn would have grown up with her.

I don't wanna know about the post, but to me, it's just weird. To me, it's akin to a 40 something wanting to date a 60 something.

Lastly, I don't know if Flame Princess is permenant or a one time character. If she is, that could create an interesting dynamic. However, I have a feeling she was a one timer.

Well, actually, she is made of...bubblegum. So apparently her body mass is directly proportional to her age. Point is, time didn't actually pass. Only she got older, and apparently it feels like aging for her, because to her it feels like it's been five years. Everyone else stayed the same age. In earlier episodes, she kinda hinted emotions towards him, but after this episode they're never seen again. She has actually hinted the exact opposite feelings of attraction at times. So yeah, as said before, feelings gone.

As for the Flame Princess, the creators have stated that she is to be a driving force for the 4th season. The episode where she is introduced is actually season 3's finale, came out the day before Valentine's day. She is going to play a major role in the 4th season. The creator says it, I'll role with it.

As for Finn, well it appears they're trying to make him move on. He seems to be moving past this crush on a woman he'll never be able to actually have, but it's pretty obvious he'll run into a "keep trying this" or "move on already" choice.

Gizmo1990:

astrav1:
The new Thundercats is one of my favorite shows, so I have to go with that.

I really tried to like it but I just can't for one reason. With the possible exception of Snow from Final Fantasy XIII, Tygra is the biggest douch in the history of the universe and his very presence prevents me from enjoying it.

Have you watched all the episodes yet? Even if you have I can understand why people wouldn't like it, whether it's too much of a change from the original,or Tygra is a twat. I for one kind of like his character development.

CODE-D:
-snip-

I find your lack of Codename: Kids Next Door disturbing.

I came here all ready to give a vote for Courage the Cowardly Dog or Powerpuff Girls, but sadly this is only discussing new cartoons that I haven't seen.

I heard that Courage is supposedly getting new episodes or something soon though, so that gets my vote!

No Samurai Jack? No Dexter's Lab? Courage the Cowardly Dog? Kids Next Door?

your list makes me sad.

I personally liked PowerPuff Girls quite a bit.

/Hipster comment: I liked liking little girl cartoons before it was cool. :D

Adventure TIme is my current favorite, with Regular Show and the Amazing World of Gumball coming in at a close second and third respectively.

I chose "Other" because you decided to leave out The Clone Wars. Compared to the godawful pilot movie, the main series is surprisingly good. It also has an arc that could be considered "Vietnam meets Clone Troopers."

Wait. They show cartoons on Cartoon Network?

*Beat*

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!

I strongly prefer Boomerang but when it comes to Cartoon Network...sorry CN, my favorite show is Regular Show followed closely by Adventure Time. Some times, early in the morning, they play Chowder and it makes me squeak like a little girl. I miss Chowder...

None of them can even compare to Adventure time
That show is great

Antitonic:
...I don't think any of these shows are even on the Aussie Cartoon Network...

Adventure Time, Regular Show, Generator Rex, and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated are on Cartoon Network frequently in Australia. Just flick through the guide and you'll see 'em for sure. Adventure Time and Regular Show are on pretty much every day.

Also, I voted for Adventure Time because of the minor censorship in Regular Show. If it weren't for the minor censorship, I'd vote for Regular Show.

Still is Cowboy Bebop

Yeah its still playing, and its always something Ill stop to watch if I come across it.

Double post.

Adventure Time is best.

Regular Show is also good, but I haven't seen enough of it.

WHAT TIME IS IT!!!!! ADVENTURE TIME!!!

CODE-D:

Volf99:

CODE-D:
Cartoon Network has been working with several new cartoons as of late, some of you know this and others well......
Whatever, point is they have great programming on now (besides jonny test and some others)
and what of the new stuff is your favorite.

Gasp! How can you even watch that station anymore?

and... and lets not forget..

pshhh, can you even consider the choices that you gave as decent?

Yes I can consider them awesome because I go out of my way to watch them.
Toonami is the past, sure it was good but it was the past, if it means that much go watch toonami jetstream or join one of the causes to resurrect it.
But I need people to watch new shows or get fuckin offed by the network
Flapjack
Chowder
Symbionic Titan(especially symbionic titan)
and I wish shows like 6teen and stoked had lasted longer in the U.S. but they didnt even bother.
Also they show looney tunes in the morning and I think midday if they mean that much to you and as much as I watched them as a kid they are so old and played out for me to even argue for them to be on tv anymore, they have the Looney Tunes Show now and its not that different.

but point is these new shows are good and you must overcome your nostalgia and point your anger at networks not even trying with varied and new animation(nick and disney).

I hate flapjack, chowder and Total Drama Island. How about instead, some more...

or

As for other tv stations....

Lilani:

CODE-D:
-snip-

I find your lack of Codename: Kids Next Door disturbing.

Codename knd was a good show but its not new
its run ended a long time ago.

Volf99:
[quote="CODE-D" post="18.351497.13914787"]

Would you really wanna risk bringing back shows that might not be the same, batman especially I think would undergo changes if it was brought back. Justice league and unlimited was pretty similar and young justice is on now(with kevin conroy as batman though no hamill joker).
Samurai Jack was okay but it wasnt that great, very enjoyable but annoying after awhile since I wanted some resolution between haku and jack. Even though that would mean the end of the show, but hey the show ended anyway so why they didnt Idk.

As for nick sure they should bring old toons back or at least invest in some new ones but their live action stuff is spot on, say victorious/icarly/big time rush are alright and my little bros and their friends enjoy them.

But the one toon Id want back also worries me as Id pick Invader Zim, but only if was very close or the same as it was. Or at the least finish its final written season.

I'd like to vote for ThunderCats, but there haven't been any new episodes in quite a while.

astrav1:

Gizmo1990:

astrav1:
The new Thundercats is one of my favorite shows, so I have to go with that.

I really tried to like it but I just can't for one reason. With the possible exception of Snow from Final Fantasy XIII, Tygra is the biggest douch in the history of the universe and his very presence prevents me from enjoying it.

Have you watched all the episodes yet? Even if you have I can understand why people wouldn't like it, whether it's too much of a change from the original,or Tygra is a twat. I for one kind of like his character development.

I did manage to watch all of the episodes yes but he just went from being a passive aggressive cunt to a very Vocal bitchy cunt and it just stoped my from enjoying the rest.

CODE-D:

Volf99:

Would you really wanna risk bringing back shows that might not be the same, batman especially I think would undergo changes if it was brought back. Justice league and unlimited was pretty similar and young justice is on now(with kevin conroy as batman though no hamill joker).
Samurai Jack was okay but it wasnt that great, very enjoyable but annoying after awhile since I wanted some resolution between haku and jack. Even though that would mean the end of the show, but hey the show ended anyway so why they didnt Idk.

As for nick sure they should bring old toons back or at least invest in some new ones but their live action stuff is spot on, say victorious/icarly/big time rush are alright and my little bros and their friends enjoy them.

But the one toon Id want back also worries me as Id pick Invader Zim, but only if was very close or the same as it was. Or at the least finish its final written season.

...you like icarly? smh

Volf99:

CODE-D:

Volf99:

...you like icarly? smh

Its not for me but I cant say its a badshow as its a well written kids comedy.

Gizmo1990:

astrav1:

Gizmo1990:

I did manage to watch all of the episodes yes but he just went from being a passive aggressive cunt to a very Vocal bitchy cunt and it just stoped my from enjoying the rest.

That's too bad. Given the latest development however, the second season should be interesting.

Adventure time by a LOOOOONG way.

and it's as I thought, Adventure Time is romping to an easy victory.

astrav1:

Gizmo1990:

astrav1:

That's too bad. Given the latest development however, the second season should be interesting.

Lionos face at the end of the season made me laugh so much.

CODE-D:
Cartoon Network has been working with several new cartoons as of late, some of you know this and others well......
Whatever, point is they have great programming on now (besides jonny test and some others)
and what of the new stuff is your favorite.

I said other. I can perhaps one of the very few people not 12 years old and younger who likes the new Ben 10 shows. Yes, it took everything that was Ben 10 about the series and ejected it into the sun, and they nostril fucked canon, and Kevin and Gwen are perhaps some of the most unlikeable characters ever designed...

I'm not really giving a good case for this, am I?

The humor is there, I love Charmcaster, the villians feel like credible threats most of the time, I love Charmcaster, Kari Wahlgren does an amazing voice job as Charmcaster.

One moment made the series for me. Friend-Enemy-Friend thing goes way off the wall, trashes everyone and kills a bunch of people who he believes wronged him. Ben decides he's done too much to be redeemed, and sets out to kill him. When he explains this to Grandpa Max, he responds: "He's dangerous, that's the right thing to do. But, that's not what YOU do."

Volf99:

CODE-D:

Volf99:

...you like icarly? smh

I had that thought once. I thought "these shows are trash, nothing compared to Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls..."

Then I realized. That's exactly what my parents said about THOSE shows. I noticed that I had loved watching "The Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series". It was a show, about space ducks playing hockey and shooting laser guns, to make money off a kid's movie with Emileo Estevez.

The shows that get put on don't REALLY change. Our perception of them do.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Volf99:

CODE-D:

...you like icarly? smh

I had that thought once. I thought "these shows are trash, nothing compared to Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls..."

Then I realized. That's exactly what my parents said about THOSE shows. I noticed that I had loved watching "The Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series". It was a show, about space ducks playing hockey and shooting laser guns, to make money off a kid's movie with Emileo Estevez.

...your comparing a live action show about a preteen/teen to dexter? No, a far comparison would be ICarly to Hilary duff show, which was something I never watched.

Volf99:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Volf99:
...you like icarly? smh

...your comparing a live action show about a preteen/teen to dexter? No, a far comparison would be ICarly to Hilary duff show, which was something I never watched.

Or perhaps something like Clarissa Explains It All? Sabrina the Teenage Witch (live action one?) Animorphs? It's new shows for a new generation. Honestly the difference between Hannah Montana and Clarissa are very slim.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Volf99:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Or perhaps something like Clarissa Explains It All? Sabrina the Teenage Witch (live action one?) Animorphs? It's new shows for a new generation. Honestly the difference between Hannah Montana and Clarissa are very slim.

again, more shows I never watched/liked

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked