46.3% (248)
Deathclaws
10.6% (57)
10.6% (57)
Other (Explain in post)
4.9% (26)
4.9% (26)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Are you a dog person, or a cat person?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Ah, dogs, man's best-friend and cats, overlords in the making!
(I know, biased-much)

So, what do you prefer? Canis familiaris or Felis Catus?

Feel free to post whatever furred or non-furred animals you prefer in the discussion

Felis Famillaris.

Because it sounds so dirty.

In truth though, I have a dog and a cat. They are both different flavours of awesome.

There's a reason why dogs are considered man's best friend.

Ever heard of a seeing eye cat? Sheep cat? Drug sniffing cat? Police cat? Rescue cat?
Dogs are more loyal and their love is unconditional.

I'm not saying that cats are bad pets, but they're inferior to dogs in pretty much every aspect that matters. Dogs were bred to be the best companions.

dogs....

though to be honest if a dog were a person they would be hyperactive, attention seeking and emotionally needy/clingy

if I cat were person they would be somwhat aloof, a little odd and moody at times, greet you with a "heyy" and go about their buisness,except when they want somthing from you

Daystar Clarion:

Ever heard of a seeing eye cat? Sheep cat? Drug sniffing cat? Police cat? Rescue cat?

I'm not saying that cats are bad pets, but they're inferior to dogs in pretty much every aspect that matters. Dogs were bred to be the best companions.

My only major issue I have with dogs as an owner is that they can be exceptionally needy. Of course this depends on the breed of dog and how well you train it, but they still require a lot of your attention before they become 'mans best friend'.

Cats on the other hand, you just let them loose, feed them and clean up after them every so often and you're pretty much set. They practically train themselves. You just need to hope that it has a half decent personality. Otherwise, you're pretty much screwed.

GigaHz:

Daystar Clarion:

My only major issue I have with dogs as an owner is that they can be exceptionally needy. Of course this depends on the breed of dog and how well you train it, but they still require a lot of your attention before they become 'mans best friend'.

Cats on the other hand, you just let them loose, feed them and clean up after them every so often and you're pretty much set. They practically train themselves. You just need to hope that it has a half decent personality. Otherwise, you're pretty much screwed.

Isn't that really what having a pet is about though? Something that craves your love and attention?

If I wanted something that would only give me the time of day when it wanted something, I'd buy a teenager.

Dogs for me, so much better pet in all my experiences. Cats are only a pain in the ass, and their catbox is a miniature box of pure stinky hell.

Neither. Both require too much maintenance. Damn it now I want a Deathclaw. Time to go genectically mutate chameleons.

Cats are capable of handling themselves (I don't have to take them on walks), are aloof and elegant, fairly silent (provided they aren't hungry) and don't require me to pick up their leavings.
They are also generally softer and squishier.

i.e. They're low maintenance, their personalities are more to my liking, and they're better for cuddling in your lap.

And I still maintain that cats are more intelligent than dogs. They don't let you boss them around, despite demonstrating that they can easily understand how for example a window works.

Dogs have been trained to assist the blind, disabled, legal forces, military forces, and medical forces. They can sniff out drugs, explosives, and even cancer, while still holding the title of man's best friend.

Cats can shit in a box.

I'm a cat person. I don't hate dogs, but they're too needy for my taste. I like that my cats come hang out with me when they feel like it, but when I've had enough, I can send them on their way and they go off and entertain themselves. Also, I can leave them home alone for several hours if need be and don't come home to everything in the house chewed up and strewn everywhere. I pet-sat one of my sister's dogs in my own house and anytime I'd leave for more than half an hour or so, I'd come back home to a mess.

Man, I am so sorry. This had to be done...

I'm probably more of a dog person.
I do really love my dogs, though they're some of the biggest dumbasses I know... <.<
I like cats, too, though.

Cats are great with a little bit of sweet 'n' sour sauce.

And yes, that means I am definitely a dog person. Although, little fluffy yappy dogs that can fit in a handbag are just as bad as cats in my opinion.

I'm a cat person. I don't mind being around dogs, but I would never want to own one. They are big, expensive, high-maintenance, stinky, stupid, and loud. At least you don't have to walk a cat twice a day in the rain, sleet, or snow or entertain it constantly.

I voted deathclaw because lol Fallout reference. As for actual, existing animals, cats >>>>>>>>>>> dogs. Dogs are high maintenance and, from what I've seen, universally stupid. Cats aren't, sure you get the odd dipshit but for the most part they're smart enough to not chase cars, and they practically care for themselves.

Plus they don't squeeze the breath out of you when they jump onto the bed at night.

Dogs. I hate cats. Emotionally, I'd be OK with killing a cat. I'd be upset over a dog.

Both! I'm gonna be one of those people who has a puppy and a kitty and pretty much raise them together. And it will be awesomes.

I also hope to get a rabbit, a hamnster and/or guinea pig and maybe a snake. A small one. Like a ribbon snake.

I'm more of a dog person even though my families cat likes me most and follows me around everywhere to the point that my parents refer to her as my cat. I like both though but I just like dogs a little more :P

Sure, I like "dags." I like caravans more.

OT: I prefer dogs because a well-trained one is a battle buddy in animal form. They'll fight and, if need be, die for you, and it's reassuring to know that no matter what, at least one life form cares about you that much.

Daystar Clarion:

I've heard of lolcats.

Cats. Dogs are loud and annoying as hell. Plus they poop on the sidewalk and I step in it.

With cats you can sit down and cuddle them, pet them, and go "D'AWWWWW!" without them constantly doing the same to you.

People go on and on about dogs being loyal and how they'd save your life and everything, but I live in a first-world country, so I don't need that.

Cats, my personality does not mix with dogs. I can't train animals to understand, they just should. I can't communicate with an animal that doesn't understand body language. Of course me and my cats have a better understanding, but I can still convey emotions and intentions to other cats.

Cats are more quiet and usually, more calm. They can easily sit on my bed and sleep all day, and that is fine. Dogs are larger, louder and infinitely more annoying (the fucking barking, man). So yeah, cat person.

Cats are softer and my cats are extremely loving, they sleep with me, sit on the chair next to me when im eating, we play games with each other, and cats are cuter and cuddlier then dogs

GethBall:
Neither. Both require too much maintenance. Damn it now I want a Deathclaw. Time to go genectically mutate chameleons.

If cats and dogs are too much maintenance for you I wonder how in the world you'd take care of a Deathclaw. :P

OT: I'm a dog person myself. Although my dogs may as well be considered cats considering how laid back they are and how much they sleep.

I have two cats and two dogs, one from each is completely awesome and impossible to choose between, but thanks to the other cat being annoying(though I still love her) I prefer dogs.

GriffinStallion:
Cats are softer and my cats are extremely loving, they sleep with me, sit on the chair next to me when im eating, we play games with each other, and cats are cuter and cuddlier then dogs

I guess you've never had a Labrador then, talk about cuddly.

I love em both, any animal that'll lovingly nestle up to you in bed is a great animal in my book.

Dogs
They are superior to cats in every way
God I love dogs

Both, really.
I can't say I like one more than the other.
They both have their various traits of awesome.
My cat(s) all like their solitude and come out when they want attention and will sleep next to me a lot, which I find adorable. But they can kind of be a lot of assholes and will typically just stare at you like you're beneath them.

And my dog is cute, I can take him for walks and he's always right next to me, even without a leash and if a burglar comes round, he's not going to fuck with a house with a dog in it, so they're good for protection.
Though, he can be loud, annoying and smelly so it's a tradeoff with both >.>

I prefer cats over dogs. Dogs may be man's best friend but cats are the lazy man's best friend. They basically take care of themselves and when they want to be petted they come to me. All I have to do is clean their kitty litter twice a week and feed them. Plus, I think kittens/cats are cuter than dogs.

Cats, no question.

Because kitties.

I don't hate cats or anything, but I don't understand how anyone could like cats more then dogs. Dogs are better in every conceivable way.

God, I miss having a dog....

dogs all the way especially the big ones if I ever get a dog I wont care if it's lazier than Garfield,dumber than the guy that came up with TimeCube or eats me out of house and home as long as it loves me i'll love it too

to vote for any thing other then cats while on the internet no less is blasphomy!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked