A Toast for the King

I am currently celebrating King Harald V of Norway's birthday in solitude as I am at work. Cider brewed in the hills of Hardanger has been secured, as has a fine piece of cake.

As a Norwegian Royalist I'd be delighted if you'd join me in a toast to his health and honor *raises glass*.

I'll be soon leaving for my sister's dog's 9th birthday. The birthday isn't exactly the sole reason for me to go there, but I think I can add that king's birthday to the pile as well.

I like toast, and I like Kings!

I like kings in general, so why not. I'll join you in about a couple of hours when I go home, where I'll have food and alcohol in his honour.

Is he a good king or not? I need to know how much to drink.

As a monarchist I'd be delighted to join you in a toast.

As a loyal British monarchist, I salute your King and hope his years are as many and as fruitful as our dear Queen's. *raises mug*

DoPo:
snip

This is completely off-topic but I love how our name's rhyme, they go well together when we post next to each other :-D

A celebration? Cool! Hail to the King baby!

JoJo:

DoPo:
snip

This is completely off-topic but I love how our name's rhyme, they go well together when we post next to each other :-D

That I hadn't noticed. Thanks for the tip, that brightened up my night a bit :)

OT: Finally, home. Drinking for the king. Let's drink to the the king! Skål!

Funny thing, I read that "Toaster for a king" and thought it was going to be some amazing multi-purpose toaster. Sadly, twas not to be. :)

(Other than that, I have nothing meaningful to contribute to this discussion)

Hill, Harald Rex!
Should the skalds sing your deeds for millennia to come.

A toast to our sailor and string-cutter.

I will see if I can find anything to toast with. Wish I had mead, but I guess I can find some beer.
Edit: No such luck. Imaginary toast it is, then!

I came expecting something related to the Toast King... I was disappointed. image

Ah well, I enjoy a good monarchy so Happy Birthday, I shall toast you with a good cup of tea.

As a Brit with an allegience to a Royal Family, I will do the honour of toasting yours as well, with the only thing suitable for such an occasion... Port!

I raise my glass and say: Ladies and Gentlemen, King Harald V, Head of the Royal Family, and sovereign of Norway. **Takes Drink**

Hmmm...

Perfect drinking song..., for the time being at least...

Anyone?

Of course! I'll toast to anything... as long as there's toast. And cake.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked