Music festivals this year, anyone going to any?

Pages PREV 1 2

Leeds festival baby! Well hopefully at least, it'll be my 4th time this year.
EDIT: Oops double post, my main one seems to be below this :'(

I may consider going back to Reading, though last year the alcohol, caffeine and processed concession shit gave me Overactive Bladder Syndrome :(

Leeds festival baby! Well hopefully at least, it'll be my 4th time this year.

capper42:
I've been to Leeds a few times, not last year though, I feel like I've outgrown it a bit and can no longer be bothered with the number of morons who go just to burn stuff on the last night. The rumoured bands have interested me this year though, but I have no money to get a ticket.

I was hoping on going to Glasto, but it's not on this year.

Surprisingly enough there was little to none of the standard "Sunday night riots" last year at Leeds, it was real quiet, none of the usual throwing gas canisters on fires or bringing down the lighting poles. That being said it was quite dead on the Sunday to, I believe alot of people left after Pulp due to what they'd heard about previous years.

Sabbath, Black Label Society, Soundgarden. 'nuff said.

For this first time in forever, Download actually looks more promising than Sonisphere so I'm tempted by that.
Also, Hevy's line-up is always brutal so there's that too!

Perhaps going to Roskilde this year... But never really been much into festivals.

I'm going to Wakestock, which is a moderate sized festival in north Wales

capper42:
I've been to Leeds a few times, not last year though, I feel like I've outgrown it a bit and can no longer be bothered with the number of morons who go just to burn stuff on the last night. The rumoured bands have interested me this year though, but I have no money to get a ticket.

I was hoping on going to Glasto, but it's not on this year.

Just do what I do, camp in the Green campsite, its further away from everywhere, but the trade off being that come Sunday night, you can can just chill out around your campfire and have an early night (essential for us old gits) while all the idiots destroy everything in Red. Mind you, having been to Leeds for the past few years, it has gotten a lot better, they no longer allow gas cans in and any fires that look like they're getting out of control, they put them out pretty quickly.

On topic, I already have my ticket for Leeds brought, I'm hoping that the poster with Kasabian and Greenday on it is the actually lineup, it will make up for the less than stellar lineup last year. Some nice weather would be nice too.

Will probably go to Download as well as I have the time off work, the lineup is shaping up nicely with The Prodigy, Metallica, Terrorvision and Devin Townsend being highlights for me. Some nice weather would be nice there too.

This image seems relevant:

I don't know how legit it is, though - it could be a complete fake for all I know. I do hope it's true, though. Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The Cure... I might not actually go to the festival, but I sure would watch it on TV.

Underground metal festivals are the way! (most of them are)
I should move to Germany and settle down. They got all the good stuff.

I am doing these:
27-28/04/12 Keep It True XV
22-24/06/12 Graspop Metal Meeting (Only care about Twisted Sister and Possessed to be honest)
13-14/07/12 Bang Your Head (a lot of crap on that bill too)
20-21/07/12 Hell's Pleasure Metalfest
26-28/07/12 Headbangers Open Air
9-11/08/12 Pary-San Open Air

OhJohnNo:

I don't know how legit it is, though - it could be a complete fake for all I know. I do hope it's true, though. Kaiser Chiefs, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The Cure... I might not actually go to the festival, but I sure would watch it on TV.

I think this is fake, I don't see Blur being under The Killers, Jay - Z and Kanye West being anything other than headliners. I also doubt that Radiohead would be under The Foo Fighters. I also don't see Enter Shikari playing for the 4th year in a row.

I'm hoping that the other lineup poster is the real lineup,

Just seems to be a bit more realistic in my opinion.

Catfood220:

OhJohnNo:

I think this is fake, I don't see Blur being under The Killers, Jay - Z and Kanye West being anything other than headliners. I also doubt that Radiohead would be under The Foo Fighters. I also don't see Enter Shikari playing for the 4th year in a row.

I'm hoping that the other lineup poster is the real lineup,

Just seems to be a bit more realistic in my opinion.

Well that still has some bands I'm interested in (Twin Atlantic appeared in one of the tents last year, we caught the end of their act - they were pretty good). I've also heard good things about The Black Keys, so it'll probably still be worth a watch on the telly.

Possibly going to Kendal Calling, Feeder are playing there awesome also Dizzie Rascal although I'm not big on him.
I would rather go to T in The Park though the line up made me jizz in my pants( Metaphorically)

Download tempted me, but it's two days before my exams begin in earnest, so I can't.

Might do lots of one-day trips rather than going just to one. Depends on the line-up for Reading and Latitude, those are the big two to choose from.

(Sonisphere doesn't interest me, except maybe Sunday)

Me and my friends ahve been to Download the last 3 years, but I doubt we'll be going this year, or at least, I won't. No money for tickets for a start, and I've already seen quite a few of the bands on the lineup and the rest don't interest me.

After looking at the line-ups to me this year is all about Download Festival.

I'm holding out for Hevy fest this year out of the usual Bloodstock/Soni/Download none of them take my fancy, went hevy the year Black Dahlia Murder were there (I got to meet Trev I was so happy xD) So here's hoping! :)

I've bought download tickets and I'm getting a saturday ticket to sonisphere because Gojira are that awesome.
After that I'm torn between bloodstock and hellfest. Hellfest has the better lineup but it's in france :/

Yeah brah, going to Future Music.

AND IT WILL BE EPIC.

Waiting for the Global Gathering line-up to be announced... I have never been to a festival, but that one really interests me! There was some awesome stuff on last year, hopefully will get to see Sub Focus, Skrillex and Infected Mushroom this year... or one of those will do!

Its off to download for me! My mum and dad are going mainly because they want to re-live their youth(my dad is a massive Black Sabbath fan).

Though it should be fun; mabye it would be cool to organise some sort of escapist meet at these various festivals?

I would love to go to Download but too expensive for me this year :( so going to the Rory Gallagher festival in Ballyshannon =)

Kinetik, and Heavy MTL. Both are in Montreal, Quebec. Kinetik is for aggrotech, and heavy MTL is for metal. I went to Heavy MTL last year, and it was probably the best weekend of my life, but I missed Kinetik.

The bands I want to see at Kinetik are Combichrist, Blutengel, Hocico, Grendel, FGFC820, C-lekktor and Shiv-R. As for Heavy MTL, I heard a rumour that Slipknot is going to be the headliner, and I've wanted to see them since I was 13... This is going to be an expensive summer.

RanD00M:
I'm going to Wacken Open Air this August with my brother. Finally after six years I finally get to go.

Looks like fun, though I admit I'd only go for a handful of the bands. Namely Gamma Ray, Hammerfall... Wait, no Blind Guardian? I'm not as jealous as I originally thought I'd be.

I went to Big Day Out, which was good, but slightly spoiled by the fact I decided to go alone. Really took a lot of the fun out of the day.

If there's any major music festival coming to Orlando, Florida, then sure.

Download this year (as soon as a friend confirms he is going). I went to Sonisphere last year and it was epic but he line up this year just doesn't compete with Black Sabbath and Lamb of God.

I really want to go to Sonisphere this year simply 'cause Tim Minchin will be there!
My sister has been to the last two UK ones and says they were awesome.
I'm just pissed off that I missed Metallica last year.

GoaThief:

bahumat42:
well since i live in reading im going to......
Creamfields :P
iv done the metal/rock thing many times before (download, sonisphere and reading all tried out) and really i've experienced all that before, figured id try how the other side lives :)

Noooo, don't do that you poor sausage!

Do the Glade Festival instead for an authentic electronic music experience, trust me.

Fuck, I'm jealous.
I wanted to see Pretty Lights when he was in Melbourne for the first time, but he was only at shitty Stereosonic which had a crappy lineup. And he had his sideshow in Sydney urgh.
Your venues are also much prettier ;D

(edit: oh hey! it worked!)

Fluffles:
(edit: oh hey! it worked!)

That is clearly the Greek word "houmos"!

honestly, what do they teach you kids in school these days

JaceArveduin:

RanD00M:
I'm going to Wacken Open Air this August with my brother. Finally after six years I finally get to go.

Looks like fun, though I admit I'd only go for a handful of the bands. Namely Gamma Ray, Hammerfall... Wait, no Blind Guardian? I'm not as jealous as I originally thought I'd be.

But there is motherfucking OVERKILL! They're releasing a new album next month, so this will be the tour for said album. How could one not be excited by that.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked