Sony Sales Tax Refunds

I just got this in my email:

Dear Sony Entertainment Network account holder,

After performing routine system maintenance, Sony Entertainment Network sales tax records were mistakenly modified and some customer's accounts were charged sales tax in error.

Between November 18, 2010, and April 11, 2011, one or more transactions originating from your account was charged sales tax in error. Correcting this, we will refund the errant charges back to your account in the amount of $8.38 via your Sony Entertainment Network wallet. This will appear in your transaction history as a one-time inclusive credit.

Wow. It's nice to get a refund, but it boggles my mind they're JUST NOW noticing. Anyone else get this?

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

So, wow. I'm the only one?

Pariah164:
I just got this in my email:

Dear Sony Entertainment Network account holder,

After performing routine system maintenance, Sony Entertainment Network sales tax records were mistakenly modified and some customer's accounts were charged sales tax in error.

Between November 18, 2010, and April 11, 2011, one or more transactions originating from your account was charged sales tax in error. Correcting this, we will refund the errant charges back to your account in the amount of $8.38 via your Sony Entertainment Network wallet. This will appear in your transaction history as a one-time inclusive credit.

Wow. It's nice to get a refund, but it boggles my mind they're JUST NOW noticing. Anyone else get this?

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

... they are giving you back your sales tax?

What about me? I've been paying sales tax on PSN since... well, always. Why don't I get a tax return?

I guess... maybe you're just super lucky?

You are never the only one. Its probably just a small group being affected.

I'm as baffled by it as anyone. The pisser is I may not see the cash till March 31st. I hate holding off buying a game I want, but I will if it means saving some cash.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked