Need epic music, seriously.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I posted something LIKE this not too long ago, but it was more angled towards music that people enjoy, mostly game music. Now, I'm craving music like

Please tell me that my friends at the Escapist can help me in this noble pursuit.

This should be suitably epic.

I wonder how much "inspiration" people like John Williams took from this piece.

Didnt even listen to the song you posted to be honest. The song is epic. TW soundtracks are always epic.

The Crusader thing for Medieval 2 total war

I know some more but I'll just need to dig it up

If you can actually understand what's going on you'll see that it's one of the most epic songs ever made.

Well, I always considered

To be one of the more epic songs I own. Also partly helped by what I associate with.

But after listening to the one in the OP, I am not quite so sure. I want more of that.

Go to youtube and look up 'Two Steps From Hell', they basically only make epic music.

Taking inspiration from both secular/sacred music of the Medieval period, fantasy symphonic metal is where you go for epic music! Especially Rhapsody and Luca Turilli.

This is their intro for their debut album 'Legendary Tales.'

You could just look at my name and guess what I am going to say but. Iron Maiden has some "epic" stuff(on a side note that word is way over used) Things like Rime of the ancient mariner, When the wild wind blows,and The longest Day. Notice they all tell a story witch is what I thought epic was suppose to mean but what do I know? (yes I am aware it has other definitions)

But yeah The Rime of the ancient mariner diffidently. But I think it is based on an Epic so....

It would be worth checking out these two series of compositions.

Two Steps From Hell

Epic Score

Here's some of my favourites.

Let me get this out of the way:

Feast upon music from a soundtrack you should have heard but haven't.

And have this for good measure.

Eddie the head:
You could just look at my name and guess what I am going to say but. Iron Maiden has some "epic" stuff(on a side note that word is way over used) Things like Rime of the ancient mariner, When the wild wind blows,and The longest Day. Notice they all tell a story witch is what I thought epic was suppose to mean but what do I know? (yes I am aware it has other definitions)

But yeah The Rime of the ancient mariner diffidently. But I think it is based on an Epic so....

"Dance of Death" is another very fitting one. "22 Acacia Avenue" is very different from the typical "epic" theme, but musically, vocally and delivery-wise it very much fits. Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed be thy Name, The Prisoner, Revelations, To Tame A Land, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Duelists, Powerslave, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, i could go on.

Also, many Iced Earth songs would fit. When the Night Falls, Dante's Inferno (16 and 1/2 minutes of epic excellence), Travel in Stygian (maybe the greatest song ever), Burnt Offerings, A Question of Heaven, The Something Wicked Trilogy (Prophecy, Birth of the Wicked, The Coming Curse), Damien, The Phantom Opera Ghost, the Gettysburg trilogy, The Clouding, etc. Sorry, I'm hard for Iced Earth.

I second looking up Two Steps From Hell, I'm currently working my way through their catalogue, and each epic song is better than the last.

Dream Chasers by Future World Music for that lighter orchestral feel:

Also the Halo soundtracks have some epic scores in them:

The part in ME1 where the citadel is under attack by sovereign and the geth. That music was pretty epic. Also try two steps from hell.

Music from 300 is pretty epic.

Halo 3 also has a bunch of good stuff.

I recently found this one after watching the film, but damn if it isn't grand.

Ahem... I do believe I win! :3

Takes me back..... :3

lRookiel:
Ahem... I do believe I win! :3

Takes me back..... :3

Thank you for throwing me into a nostalgia fit. >.<

so many posts and not one concerning the epicness of myst 3's soundtrack.
dissapointing

Many have recommended Two Steps from Hell and I heartily agree. This the song I like the best:

Anything by E.S. Posthumus fits the bill. They tend to do film score productions, so bombastic music is their bread and butter. Here's a few examples:

HELL YEAH

Sakurazaki1023:
Anything by E.S. Posthumus fits the bill. They tend to do film score productions, so bombastic music is their bread and butter. Here's a few examples:
-snip-

You've just saved me. :) Thank you. THIS, is definitely what I was looking for.

Immediate Music is great if you crave that extra dose of epic. This is my favourite from them, but there are others like it.

David_G:

If you can actually understand what's going on you'll see that it's one of the most epic songs ever made.

I think the OP is looking for something orchestral, not rock. (And it's actually quite hard to understand what's doing on in that song.)

....Seeing as there is a lack of Susumu Hirasawa in a thread about epic music, allow me to rectify this with his latest piece simply titled "Aria"

Yeah, it's in Japanese (Although i think there might be a bit of Thai in there too..) but hey...it's still freaking awesome.

Two Steps from Hell, Immediate Music, E.S. Posthumus are the ones you would be looking for

I love this music so much, and have my Pandora channel and iTunes filled with the epic music.

Behold! The Sun!!!!

No, seriously, I don't think I know anthing as epic as this music.

That, Is all.

Cool soundtrack music found little while back. Sound pretty epic.

Stalk3rchief:
Snip

This is one of my favorites dealing with epic music.
Hope it helps you feel that heart pumping with those mighty beats flowing through your ears man.

How about the "Dawn of War II" soundtrack?

Last I checked, the whole soundtrack was actually legally available for free download.
Epic + Free = Win. Go for it.

Hands down, the most epic music from the Playstation era.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked