Childhood crush?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I recently watched Jimmy Kimmel's show and Chris Pine guest-starred. They were discussing Pine's childhood crush (Kristy Swanson).

This got me curious.

Escapists, who is/are your childhood crush?

Mine would be Christa Miller when she was in Drew Carey's show. (She played Dr. Cox's wife in Scrubs).

and how does he/she look today?

EDIT: If celebrity doesn't work, your childhood friend or awesome fictional characters work just as well.

I don't recall having a childhood crush on any celebrities. In fact, I tended to think much the same way about most celebrities then as I do now: That they're overpaid, undertalented bums with little to remark on except their appearances. I'm far more attracted to personalities, and I've seen few celebrities with any sort of personality worth talking about.

I guess she still looks pretty much the same...

Childhood crushes on celebrities was always stupid in my books. The first crush I remember was actually my Dad. After that a mix of my dad's friends, one teacher (my first crush on a woman), and random boys and girls in school.

Jennifer Aniston when she was on Friends.

I'd still get on it.

Helena Bonham Carter. She's older than my mum (my mum was quite young when she had me) but god damn, that woman is beautiful.

Definitely Michelle Rodriguez, i always thought her tough girl personas were wonderful and the girls i date tend to reflect that to a realistic extent. Essentially no guns and zombies.

I never had a crush on celebrities as a kid. I found the whole entertainment industry a waste of society. Which is ironic since I now have a Film/TV Degree.

I had a crush on a girl in my class. I proposed to her in school parking lot with a ring I got out of one of those gumball machines. I can't recall her reply, but I think she just smiled.

The only childhood crushs I had were the animated/ games ones like AndrAIa (grown up version and from ReBoot), Yurika from Martian Successor Nadesico and Kasumi from Dead or Alive.

I never had a crush on a celebrity... my childhood crush was my best friend's older brother. Alas, then I moved and never saw my friend or my crush again.

Christina Ricci, and damn I was young back then...

Anne of Anne of Green Gables as portrayed by Meagan Follows.

Melissa Joan Hart.

Oh Clarissa, how I wanted you to explain it all to me.

Heh, my childhood crushes are mostly cartoon characters.
Especially Princess Jasmine and April O'neil

Bare in mind, I first saw her in a TV mini-series made in 1998 and she still looks frickin hawt nearing the age of 39.

Aeris. Then she went and died, and a part of my innocence died with her. Though not the bit of my innocence that I would have liked to lose with her.

Unless you mean real people, in which case I didn't really care.

As a child, I never had a crush on anyone, celebrity or otherwise. However, as an early teenager I was infatuated with Brittany Murphy... 'Twas not meant to be.

My neighbor had a crush on me when I was a kid though, but I didn't like her very much. In retrospect, I think I friendzoned someone before someone friendzoned me. Karma's a bitch, I guess. She did annoy me, though. She was like a peppy Final Fantasy character.

1 Biscuit to anyone who knows that movie from that scene...

Yep! My favourite movie when I was younger after seeing it at the cinema! And I still love it! Best kids film ever!! Oh... and the actress... I definately still would today!!

im not going to say who it is but i actually ended up in a relationship with the person i had a crush on growing up. i can highly recommend NOT getting involved with someone in the public eye the stress on a relationship can destroy it

SckizoBoy:

Bare in mind, I first saw her in a TV mini-series made in 1998 and she still looks frickin hawt nearing the age of 39.

lena headey is an amazing actress and has a very old school natural beauty about her. the sort of thing you would see with someone like catherine hepburn, etc

nikki191:
lena headey is an amazing actress and has a very old school natural beauty about her. the sort of thing you would see with someone like catherine hepburn, etc

Given that comparison, I'd've said Ingrid Bergman... now she was a beautiful actress.

Mebbe Hedy Lamarr as well... brainy as well (invented the forerunner to wireless comms technology).

Summer Glau?

Granted, it's more of "teenage" than "childhood," but...

Also, there's a British gal at my church with tan-brown hair called Emma. I am seriously considering attempting to establish a relationship.

Elementary - Dear Watson:

1 Biscuit to anyone who knows that movie from that scene...

Yep! My favourite movie when I was younger after seeing it at the cinema! And I still love it! Best kids film ever!! Oh... and the actress... I definately still would today!!

That would be small soldiers. can have my biscuit now :)

I never had one for fictional characters. Which I understand makes me one hell of a weird person. Huh.

getoffmycloud:

You may have one from the plate:

Only one though or you will anger the biscuit lady!! :O

getoffmycloud:

You may have one from the plate:

Only one though or you will anger the biscuit lady!! :O

:O you cant put 4 custard creams on a plate and tell me I can only have one that's just cruel

Her's one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandra_Ambrosio

Granted, she's only around 5 years older than me, but she's pretty much the hottest woman around and age hasn't seemed to phase her looks like....at all...neither did having a kid.

I was never into the whole celebrity crush since I thought it was all rather silly.

In real life yes, he was a really awesome dude, and then he confessed to me that he found out he was gay. So there's that.

The only celebrity that I remember having a crush on was Alicia Keys, but I was more in love with her music than herself. She was the reason I wanted to play the piano.

As for people IRL, there was this girl in preschool that I liked. Recently though, I find myself smitten with this girl who plays basketball and is at least a head taller than me. I'm not gonna further my relationship with her as we will go to different colleges in the fall.

I never had a crush on any celebrities. I never understood that kind of thing at all. =/

I did have a crush on a girl throughout middle school. I never said anything about it though. I'm really bad with things like that.

getoffmycloud:

:O you cant put 4 custard creams on a plate and tell me I can only have one that's just cruel

Ok, you can have two, but only this once... or you won't eat your dinner!

getoffmycloud:

Ok, you can have two, but only this once... or you won't eat your dinner!

Awesome thanks mummy love you :)

In the non-celebrity category, I've had a crush on this girl(who's sitting 4 feet away from me, since she lives with me...in my room...and sleeps next to me) for 14 years:

She's one of my best friends. She moved in with me in November.
Not seeing each other very often over the years has kept my feelings at a manageable "just a middle school crush" level....but seeing her every day..... I've tried like crazy to keep myself from thinking of her as more than a friend but.....nope. It's been amped up to 11 now and moved right on past the "crush" level.

I think I'm going to see what she thinks of the idea of us being more than just friends.
I'm deadly aware of the dangers of the friendzone and all too aware that I may very well be stuck in her's.

*puts on safety goggles*

Wish me luck fellow Escapists.
Wish me all of the luck.

Not really a crush, but I felt a lot of connection to the human characters in the first Digimon series.

I seriously don't find any logic in it, but thinking about Digimon brings my inner child out.

Wil Wheaton and David Bowie {when he was Jareth}

Bonnie Wright, I suppose. If you don't know her, she's the actress who played Ginny in Harry Potter. But that was years ago.
Non-famous people, there's a couple of girls I was friends with a while back, and one guy who once used my naked body as a mattress (fun story, and I will tell you on request because what's life without mystery? Answer: it's fucking obvious).

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked