31.7% (89)
Other...
22.8% (64)
22.8% (64)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Regarding coffee...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

lacktheknack:
I expect people to know that because it's basically margarine. It's the culinary equivalent of expecting people to know what a "monitor" is. And trust me, if you just didn't use all the foods that are gross in theory/by themselves, you wouldn't be able to cook ANYTHING.

What's a monitor? Just kidding. I know that.

manic_depressive13:

lacktheknack:
I expect people to know that because it's basically margarine. It's the culinary equivalent of expecting people to know what a "monitor" is. And trust me, if you just didn't use all the foods that are gross in theory/by themselves, you wouldn't be able to cook ANYTHING.

What's a monitor? Just kidding. I know that.

i am in pain

(We got a bit off topic, didn't we? :P)

I don't drink coffee, never liked the taste and even the smell of it makes be feel ill. I'll stick to my tea I think.

Black coffee, from a local cafe. or when I can't get to a cafe I brew it myself with ground beans.... from a cafe. I'm a bit of a coffee enthusiast.

Non-existant.

Give me Tea or give me death.

Got a Keurig machine, drink Kona coffee from Hawaii. I drink it black because drinking Kona coffee any other way is an insult.

Not sure what option I should choose. At school and at work we have pre-made coffee. But at home I got a french-press.

Tea is superior to coffee in every possible way. Coffee is foul shit you begrudgingly swill to get through the last couple of hours of work. A good tea (not that hippy pond water shit, REAL ENGLISH tea...imported from China/India) is the perfect mood enhancing bevarage which lasts many hours and is an absolute delight to drink.

If I want to injest enough caffiene to put myself into some sort dangerous tachycardia come exam time or similar event...I will snort caffiene tablets thank you very much....

I have intant at home, but my goal in life is to have a fecking nice coffee machine! It tastes so much better imo, my Grandparents have one and I often go over just for a nice latte or americano (:

Expresso, two-cups to a thermos. None of that instant crap either.
Black to taste, then I add honey and shaved almonds or nutmeg.

I don't drink coffee a lot even though we have a coffee machine in the house. If I do drink coffee, I would put in some cream and sugar, or anything else that changes it's color. I don't like taking coffee straight black, it's too bitter for me.

I'm not a big coffee drinker except when I'm in need of a laxative. Damn, that stuff flushes out my system.

The no.1 reason why I still live at my parent's house and have no intention of moving out.

Make it with a KCup machine and drink it black. I couldn't be bother to do more than that in the morning, hence the lack of stuff going into it.

i don't dink coffee. it tastes horrible, smells horrible, and caffeine makes me shake.

i do drink tea, though. ya lyublyu chorni chai.

I like mine with milk and caramel / syrup. I love that sorta coffee. Coffee with chocolate / cocoa is bare good as well.

But if I need it I'll drink any coffee, I even drink black coffee a lot cos milk / cream is expensive.

14g of grounds in 2 cups of water, 3 minutes in a cafetiere, served black.

lacktheknack:

manic_depressive13:
What the hell is shortening?

<headdesk>

It's the vegetable oil equivalent of lard. It's used in every not-low-fat baking recipe ever.

Being a competent baker myself and having a mother who bakes religiously, I've never heard of shortening either. Here in the UK, we have Trex or Flora.

Are you just completely unaware of cultural differences?

I only drink one kind of coffee

A coffee machine is nice because it makes coffee quickly and easily, and it comes out pretty well. Percolators are awful, because the coffee always comes out with that disgusting burnt flavor.

just a normal coffee maker. black, decaf. i don't much care for it, but i want to drink something cheaper and less unhealthy than soda for mandatory hydration, and i can't stand straight water either. i'd prefer tea, but coffee is just much easier to prepare. properly prepared tea is too much of a hassle.

manic_depressive13:

SckizoBoy:
?! What is cream?! It's... well... cream... the higher-fat layer skimmed off the top of unhomogenised & untreated fresh milk... *shrug*

rollerfox88:
Wait...what? Is cream...milk? How can someone go through *insert your age here* years of their life without ever seeing cream?

lacktheknack:
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My mind flashes to the guy I talked to who didn't know what shortening, asparagus, or kiwis were either. Do you mean to say that you really don't know what cream is?

I KNOW WHAT CREAM IS. It's just that the idea of putting actual cream in coffee is completely foreign to me. I can't imagine that tasting nice at all, so I just assumed I'd misunderstood.

What the hell is shortening?

Well, thats alright then. Cream makes your coffee creamier than milk, surprisingly.

Also, shortening is fat you use to make pastry, kinda like lard.

any... since I drink it 1/2 whiskey how the coffee part tastes isn't very important

I'm hypersensitive to caffeine, so drinking a cup is like...baaaaaad. I know I've had coffee before but, I don't really recall much of flavours.
I had a mocha once, which I think must have been fairly low on the caffeine front because I vaguely remember half an hour of deliciousness, followed by a day of hideous paranoia and twitching.

I can drink decaf and diluted coffee, but they're horrible concoctions of death and despair.

I have a sneaking suspicion I don't like the taste of coffee.

black, freshly ground from colombian beans by my coffee machine is my preferred style of coffee. In fact, it is high time for a new one.

I drink tea like a true englishman. 30 cups a day habit pip pip tally ho

I like my coffee how I like my women, above average quality.

I grind my own, I usually grind Expresso, though I'll grind other kinds if that's all I've got. I used to use half and half with sugar, but I've switched to non-dairy flavored creamers because of my GF's lactose intolerance. I addicted her to the stuff...

When I'm ordering coffee at a shop, a quad shot breve latte.

Regnes:
I like my coffee how I like my women, above average quality.

The most hilarious/disturbing version of that phrase I recall coming across was "...cold and splattered all over the walls."

Usually just instant. With a lot of cream and sugar. I need to start drinking it black.

Black. Strong. Practically chewable. Italian, preferably.

To quote Stephen Fry: "Hang on a minute! This is bloody coffee! I ordered tea!"

Proper cup of tea for me. With milk, one sugar. And a plate of custard creams and choccy digestives on the side. Mmmmmmm.....

I prefer tea... The caffeine just doesn't appeal to me.

Got a coffee vending machine at work. Never again I say. I've had piss that tasted better than that shit (don't ask).

Gotta go with the coffee they make at this vietnamese restaurant about 30 minutes from my house. It's Jesus, Moses, Buddha, and Muhhamed mixed together with a pinch of Thor.

Black as night sweet as sin.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked