91% (842)
I never though of it, but because of your enlightening post, I will become one
0.5% (5)
0.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Soods:
I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment.

Eating plants is bad for the environment.

I win. Now go tell your opinion to lions, wolves, crocodiles, sharks, etc

I don't eat meat because it's immoral.

Because it tastes soooo good. And I don't have to kill them, or see them die. Until I am forced against my will to do so my opinion will not (likely) change. I love the other animals but...roast beef and chicken! Chicken! So keep prodding scientists to develop/grow synthetic meat.

I eat meat because I'm kinda the opposite of a vegetarian. I don't eat veggies because I don't like the taste of them

Welll I like meat, especially pork but I find my mother is cooking more and more meals with veggie only stuff or quorn

I still like it, I just dont care wether somethings meat or not, as long as it tastes nice, fills me up and gives me the reccomend vitimins and stuff to keep me alive then im fine.

I might be one of the few here who knows how to make his own hamburgers. In High School, I went to a slaughter house on a class field trip for Ag Class. I believe in a balanced diet, high in fruit and veggies, mid range in carbs and fiber, and mid range in protein. I know there are non-meat sources of protein but they are hard to come by and I am not that big of fan of peanuts.

I like my meat. ;)

I don't really get vegetarianism I mean i understand not wanting animals to suffer but,
hlike it or not we as a spiechies were designed to comsume meat its in our DNA humans are omnivores we were designed to eat both meat and plant matter.
even our closest relation chimps eat meat (hell chimps will even eat other chimps in the wild)

so eat your tofu and whatever but leave me and my bacon alone...

I like eating meat because I like to know that what's giving me nourishment died horribly... It brings me great pleasure...<.<

besides Fuck vegetables... meat is superior...

cause, bacon

Because it tastes good. ^^ What more reason do I need? Hmm, roast beef, lettuce, honey mustard, cheese and pepper, sub. -drools- ...

In the words of Luffy D. Monkey: "MEAT!"

I eat meat, it just tastes really good. I sometimes feel bad for the animals, but at the end of the day, it's what humans have evolved to do. We are meat eaters, and that's all there is to it. But I respect people's choices, and I like seeing that most restaurants have vegetarian options these days.

Horrid for the environment, it's terrible for you, animals feel pain, loss and fear as we do and we treat them horrifically from birth to death. I don't know how anyone with a clear understanding of biology, evolution (in general and specifically the brain) and who know of the way animals are treated in the production of store bought meat can possibly justify it.

Scrap that. I know it can't be justified. The only reason is indifference, empathy deficiency, ignorance and taste.

I'm an omnivore. I love a chicken selects with my asian or ceasar salad from mcdonalds.

800th vote for bacon! Sweeeeeet

I remember seriously considering becoming a vegetarian a couple years ago (albeit the consideration only lasted one day, serious as it was) and I think that the bottom line is just that I love meat way, way too much to give it up, to the point where I almost get angry if there isn't any for dinner.

Adventurer2626:
Because it tastes soooo good. And I don't have to kill them, or see them die. Until I am forced against my will to do so my opinion will not (likely) change. I love the other animals but...roast beef and chicken! Chicken! So keep prodding scientists to develop/grow synthetic meat.

People have brought vat grown meat up quit a few times in this thread so I thought I would put my two cent in on the matter.

They are

The day vat grown meat becomes the only meat option, is the day I become a vegetarian. I don't there is something about the thought of eat vat grown meat that make me throw up in my mouth a little. It seems unnatural to me. :(

Because 1 i love meat, it'S awesomelly good, way better then vegetables. second because we are not grasseater only, human body need meat

Soods:

I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment.

Do you also NOT;
-ride in any powered vehicles
-use any electricity (that isn't guaranteed 100% from wind power)
-eat any plants made from destroying forest or local wildlife
-eat any plants made by chemicals that harm the environment
-plants that are imported long distances
-plants that are made in energy-intensive greenhouses

???

Soods:
Greetings humans. Today I would simply like to know, why do you eat meat? And if you do not eat meat, you can tell why not.

I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment. And I hate the greasy taste it leaves in my mouth. Also: "Look at me! I'm so hipster for not eating meat!"

Now your turn!

you eat vegetables that are plants that create oxygen and consume the deadly CO2, you are eating the Earth's lungs while im just another guy eating the things that harm plants

Phoenixlight:
I don't eat meat because it's immoral.

My reason is more or less the same.

Meat is murder and murder is juicy and delicious.

Commonly Confused:
Assuming the meat was obtained rightfully (that is, no one was murdered for it) and it was cooked thoroughly, I probably would not have a problem with trying human meat.

cultured human meat anyone?

I eat what I feel is filling, that happens to be meat, I also try to eat healthy. But it's not like I would die without meat, I love tofu.

The only meat I eat is the meat from the livestock that I've personally met. I have a family friend who oversees the growth and slaughter of his animals on a small farm personally, and he sells my family some meat for a good price once a week for a roast. I don't like the large scale slaughter of animals, it just doesn't feel necessary. The ends don't justify the means and the detriments that it ultimately has on our society.
In the future, when I've moved away from home, I intend to find such a private source again - or just go veggie.
Unfortunately there is a double standard to this. I eat fish far more often, and don't check the source. I know it isn't good, but for some reason I really struggle to have sympathy for fish.

Because meat is delicious-tasty-lovely, the rarer the better :D

If bears stop eating fish, you end up with pathetic pandas that dont even want to survive anymore... (just let them go, its what they want)
...not sure where im going with that... but its a sentence thats somewhat related.

Pinkie-Pie-Party:
I eat meat, it just tastes really good. I sometimes feel bad for the animals, but at the end of the day, it's what humans have evolved to do. We are meat eaters, and that's all there is to it. But I respect people's choices, and I like seeing that most restaurants have vegetarian options these days.

Evolution just comes about from one behavior being more advantageous than another behavior. And I think common sense tells us that what is most advantageous is not always, and in fact is almost always not, the moral thing to do. The argument "Eating meat is okay because we're evolved to do it" is essentially a restatement of "Eating meat is okay because our ancestors did it a lot several million years ago." That's silly. If our ancestors were adept at raping, we'd probably develop spiked penises; that doesn't mean that you could use the existence of your dickbarbs to explain why raping is okay today.

I don't consume animal products because I like having a simple, fresh diet. I don't think the consumption of animal products, meat included, is a priori wrong, but I think that killing any living being is a bad idea and I don't really want to be involved in it. I think butchers and slaughterhouse workers/owners are doing terrible, unjustifiable things but those who eat the meat after it's been slaughtered are just being at most a little blind in their complicity.

Rocklobster93:
I remember seriously considering becoming a vegetarian a couple years ago (albeit the consideration only lasted one day, serious as it was) and I think that the bottom line is just that I love meat way, way too much to give it up, to the point where I almost get angry if there isn't any for dinner.

So you think it's okay to let your personal desire for pleasure outweigh your consideration for the welfare of other beings? I respect someone who says they don't find anything wrong with eating meat, but it's such a wimpy argument to say "I know it's wrong, but it just tastes so good."

If you really feel something is wrong, at least try and stop doing it. Don't just throw up your hands like you're some slave to your bacon fetish.

I eat pretty much everything. Meat is however one of my favorites and if you take it from me i'll quickly smack you with a bat and make a stew out of you. Leave my meat alone, and you'll be fine.

However, prey eats only greens. Predators eat only meat. Superior creatures eats everything.

I eat it because I like the taste.
Same reason I eat anything else.

Well, that and because sometimes I'm hungry and need to eat.

I eat meat because: A) We need about a fist of meat every day to grow healthy and B) I'm saving animals from PETA. They kill 99.5% of the animals they "Save", so I put the animals to use.

Disregard this.

peruvianskys:
-snip-

I never said it was 'moral'. I am a moral relativist, and I just said we'd evolved to do it, which is true. Whether it is right or wrong I don't know, I'll leave such concerns to smarter people than myself. All I know is that humans are animals, and I don't see why we should be the only omnivores that don't eat meat. Again, I respect your decision, I would appreciate it if you could appreciate mine, and not compare it to rape.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked