91% (842)
91% (842)
I never though of it, but because of your enlightening post, I will become one
0.5% (5)
0.5% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I eat meat because I keep morality and hunger separate.

Beyond not causing excessive suffering, I don't believe morality applies to animals. I'm a biology university student, I've learned enough to know that animals don't have a mind like a human and so nothing is lost when we slaughter them for oh so tasty meat.

Plus steak is one of my favourite foods (mmmmhhhhhh!)

I don't eat my brethren! D:<

Moo! >:/

I eat meat because it's the easiest way to get protein and iron, which I need to survive.

Although, I scaled back how much meat I've been eating these past few months for the reasons cited by the OP. It doesn't make sense that more land and water are used for less net nutrition simply because it tastes slightly better.

We're humans. We're omnivores. I like the taste of meat. I hate hippies.

(GF's actually a vegetarian and since she's cooking I'm usually out of luck)

Because it's my only means of survival. Seriously, meat is all I eat. And it is delicious on top of that. It's not that I don't like vegetables, it's just that meat tastes better.

I'm a veggie because I've personally never liked meat much (raised by two vegetarian parents, but always had access to meat), I only really liked chicken and sausages. I became veggie about two years ago, for the main reason that I feel unbelievably guilty if I hurt an animal (accidentally kill an insect, hit a rabbit in a car) so I started to feel guilty eating meat.

Strangely though, I wonder if any other veggies feel this way, but since becoming veggie I now have an intense distaste, even repulsion towards meat...but I never had it before? Maybe it's a psychological thing because I'm not consuming it.

I am a vegetarian and have become one due to a very informative and revealing documentary. Earthlings, I highly recommend everyone watch it, you can watch the whole thing for free on their website, http://www.earthlings.com

I see the slaughter and farming of animals to be a terrible and unnecessary waste of life. We can survive by not eating meat so why should we kill other beings just to satisfy a want.

I love meat. It's delicious and it's so much easier to get the nutrients you need with meat included in my diet than without. And basically, I desire flesh. Tasty, tasty flesh.

And I see no reason why not. So I'm gonna stop any time soon.

I've never made a conscious decision to be vegan, but now that I think about it, I haven't eaten meat for quite a while. It's not for moral reasons, its just that I like fruits, vegetables, and grains more than I like meat.

As many others have said, it tastes good. Also, not using my canines for their specific purpose is a little rude to evolution.

Morally I object to eating meat (although stem cell test tube meat would be ok) and i can resist bacon, But vegetable currys just don't hack it.

Because meat is a natural part of the human diet. Other animals eat other animals (see the Lion King for the "Circle of Life" concept. Meat is an excellent source of protein. Meat is so freaking tasty. I LOVE a perfectly seasoned, rare cooked steak. Bacon, chicken, beef, lamb, venison, mutton, turkey, rabbit, kangaroo, hoggart, pork, ham, veal, duck, pheasant, quail. All tasty meats, all for eating.

I eat meat for the same reason that I eat fruit and vegetables and nuts and berries and dairy products and ice cream and fish and all that! I LOVE IT! I'll taste most things at least once.

Parkway91:
I am a vegetarian and have become one due to a very informative and revealing documentary. Earthlings, I highly recommend everyone watch it, you can watch the whole thing for free on their website, http://www.earthlings.com

I see the slaughter and farming of animals to be a terrible and unnecessary waste of life. We can survive by not eating meat so why should we kill other beings just to satisfy a want.

Because they wouldn't show us the same mercy if the tables were turned! > : (

Dimitriov:
Because animals are delicious.... mmmmmmmm, so delicious.

And meat is incredibly nutritious and good for you (obviously not ALL meats, and certainly not ALL preparations of meat, nor obviously if eaten to excess).

Also, I consider it an incredible character flaw to not eat meat. Especially for moral reasons.

Meat is manly and cool and awesome and sexy and tasty! YEAH!!!

I mean come on, you can't have a barbecue without meat, and taking away that is like taking away half the reasons of even being alive. Seriously!

And very few things are as filling and satisfying as a good piece of meat. I'm nuts for fruit and vegetables, love salads and whatever, but none of that really fills me the way I like when I'm hungry, compared to meat.

Because animals are delicious.... mmmmmmmm, so delicious.

And meat is incredibly nutritious and good for you (obviously not ALL meats, and certainly not ALL preparations of meat, nor obviously if eaten to excess).

Also, I consider it an incredible character flaw to not eat meat. Especially for moral reasons.

I eat meat because most of it tastes great and is high in protein.
Meat Eaters are good.
Vegetarians are good.
Vegans are threatening animal life and commercial trade.

If everyone were vegans, Cows, sheep, chickens, pigs and other animals would go exstinct because we would not use a cows hide for leather, use milk or eat the beef so there would be no reason for them to even exist and people would not look after them otherwise.

So in essence, Eating meat is heavily helping the animals and those retards at PETA should focus on helping abused and helpless animals instead of forcing people to be vegan, one of the most harmful things you can do to the earth.

I eat meat because it tastes good... Really all there is to say.
Plus as a chef I have to taste it all the time anyway. So yeah, don't ever trust a vegetarian to cook.

Besides, eating meat is good for the environment. Cows produce a lot of gas which fucks the ozone layer. So I do my bit by eating the fucking cows. Vegetarians let the ozone layer be destroyed with their hippy selfishness.

I eat meat because it's damn yummy.

Also I'm gonna be honest hear, I really don't give a crap about the animals. It just seems like unnecessary worrying, also after reading Parasyte, I've accepted that humans are humans and animals are animals, keep that crap separate. Also don't ask me to clarify that, it's just how I feel, I understand vegetarianism (sorta) but it conflicts with my beliefs....so meh.

Parkway91:

Because life is more enjoyable if we do, obviously ;)

We could also live without:
-tv
-computers
-video games
-books
-electricity
-cars
- the list goes on...

and it would be better for the environment and would prevent the destruction of wild habitats.

Well, I enjoy the taste, it's good for me and I don't give a shit about vegetarianism. That's about the size of it.

Because for whatever reason, tofu and other meat substitutes are really expensive where I live, so it'd be a pain in my ass.

Meat is tasty and I place little to no value in the lives of others, especially animals. In other words, I value my pleasure over the life of the cow.

manic_depressive13:

Lilani:
I eat meat because I like it. It's tasty, and it's the cheapest and easiest way to feel full and get those nutrients. I don't kill and hunt personally because I don't like it, but I understand it's only natural and this world would be a total mess if we suddenly stopped hunting all animals.

Why do you think the world would be thrown into turmoil if we stopped killing animals? The meat on your plate has been farmed, not "hunted".

I realize that, but there are some vegetarians who go so far as to say no animals should be farmed or hunted, that all human killing of animals in any form should stop. Which is just ludicrous, so many animals would overpopulate and completely screw up the balance of the ecosystem. We've hunted these animals for thousands of years, deer, rabbits, squirrels, foxes and the like. We have become their natural predators. To stop now would hurt the world any more than we think we're hurting the animal kingdom by killing them.

I eat meat because humans are naturally omnivores. Is that enough reason for you?

If not, I have pictures of what happens when you anger Mother Nature.

I just do. I like the taste, it has an important place in my diet and usually it is more fulling than a salad.

However I can completely understand the appeal of being a vegetarian - I am a huge animal lover and appreciate that giving up meat is one of the only ways to try and help battery animals kept in appalling conditions. The giant food companies simply don't care enough about the conditions of said animals to lower their profit margin and put money towards improving the situation.

I don't. Because:

(main reasons)
1. I don't like meat.
2. It doesn't get along well with my health.
3. I like vegetarian food much, much more.
(side reasons)
4. Meat industry, in its current state, is somewhat harmful to the planet.
5. I love animals (alive).

However, I am guilty of still eating fish. Since my health is very dependent on what I eat, I had to continue eating at least something coming from a vertebrate, so I chose fish because it's damn good, healthy and pretty much a standard food on the menu in my area (and I know it comes directly from the sea, and not some farming facility). So, if you're picky, I'm actually a pescetarian. Still, many people I talk to say that fish doesn't count as "real meat". Whatever rocks their boat.

It cracks me up when people say it's harmful for the environment. No, it's the natural way of things since fucking ever. It's actually good for the environment. Just don't hunt everything to extinction, and it's all good.

Anything in excess is bad, but in moderation meat is great.

I eat it because it's delicious and filling. And delicious. Nothing is better than a good medium rare steak... Other than a bucket of hot wings. ;)

because its delcious and I see no probelmw with it

also coming from a rural background gives you somwhat...uhh "relaxed" veiws on animal rights

Why is there a pole for this and why are all 3 nothing that I would vote for?

And why can't I spell poll?

I eat meat because it's tasty. Plus, y'know, humans are supposed to. It's part of our natural diet.

I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Cow, very tasty.
Pig, also very tasty.
Deer, much tastier than cow and pig combined.
Bear, almost as tasty as cow, just a little gamey.
Alligator, kinda dry, but edible I guess.
Kangaroo, not bad, not quite as good a bear.
Elk, right up there with deer.

Anything that has an exoskeleton and scuttles in the sea, I can't eat. I'm deathly allergic to shellfish. I don't really care for things that swim either. Stuff with feathers I can tolerate to an extent, but I'd rather eat something that once had fur and possibly antlers. That said, I don't make fun of people who don't eat meat, for the same reason that I don't make fun of people that need religion in their lives. Different strokes for different folks. And to those of you that don't eat meat, thanks. More for me.

My options are limited and I have trouble getting the correct amounts of nutrients from other sources to combine together to make the proteins that are available through meat. That and I cannot stand fruit ... ><

I've been hunting since I was young, and even though I feel a varying level of guilt at shooting a turkey or duck or pheasant or squirrel, I have no problem with continuing to do so, as they are far more delicious than any store-bought counterpart. Same with fish.

It would be cool to see bison become the staple beef animal. Once herds were grown large enough of course.

I've been hunting since I was young, and even though I feel a varying level of guilt at shooting a turkey or duck or pheasant or squirrel, I have no problem with continuing to do so, as they are far more delicious than any store-bought counterpart. Same with fish.

It would be cool to see bison become the staple beef animal. Once herds were grown large enough of course.

Lookie here, son. I'm from 'merica. And here in 'merica, we eat meat. We don't need none of you sissy French types runnin' 'round tellin' us not to eat meat. When I see a cow, I don't think "Ooh, look, a cow. Let's protect it and shit." I think "Damn that looks tasty!"

Sorry, that was fun.

OT: I eat meat mostly because it tastes good. That's pretty much why anyone eats anything, right?

Tanis:
Lets face it, planets are alive as well,

Holy fuck, they are?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked