You can now remove one function/reaction/organ from your body with NO repercussions.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So yeah. You can remove one thing related to your body. It can be bowel movements, it can be an organ, it can be (In some cases unfortunately) a tumor, etc. I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

I would remove my appendix.

Then I wouldn't have to worry about having possible appendicitis later in life, and then having a operation to take it out. It's a useless organ anyway, left over by our herbivore ancestors, the same with wisdom teeth as well.

The whole concept of people taking your body apart while asleep just scares the hell out of me, and I hope I'll will never have to experience being wheeled in to a operating theatre.

Getting rid of pain without getting rid of the possibility of having your body damaged is a really bad idea, pain is good to let you know something's wrong and your body is going to suffer for it.

I'm not sure, I'd get rid of a couple moles (non-cancerous), or a bunch of fat (but obv not all), maybe the appendix, not really sure.

My heart.
SO IT CAN'T BE BROKEN!
But honestly, I dunno. Maybe the part of my brain that makes me an absolute coward.

Pain is the bodies way of letting you know that something is wrong, so I wouldn't wanna get rid of that lol

I'd probably get rid of my heart, mainly just because heart problems run heavily in my family, and I hate to admit it, but unless it start taking better care of myself I'll probably end up having a heart attack later in my life (I really should be doing more to prevent that...)

I choose sleep. So much time lost. Though I could still sleep if I chose to, I suppose.

I'm going to say the Pancreas. Because I'm a Diabetic, it doesn't work anyways, and if I can remove one organ with no repercussions, that means I either stay a Diabetic and don't develop anything worse, or my body goes back to normal and no longer need injections.

Colorectal area- Fuck you IBS, and I'd also not have to waste so much time poopin'!

I'd remove my body's aging function, so that I may stay 21 forever.

Waste disposal. It just goes in one end, never comes out, never causes a problem.

The need for sleep, or the literally self destructive aging chemicals

Tough choice frankly, I'd probably go with the latter.

It'd be even tougher if the topic was on ideas to improve existing functions/organs. Given some time I could probably fill several pages worth of briefly described design changes. Not really a fan of the current model of Homo Sapiens personally.

Whichever part of my brain is responsible for social anxiety. I really don't want that horrible shark around.

Actually, that might be a bad idea, because it would be getting rid of other functions in the process. just do away with facial and body hair. No more shaving.

DJ_DEnM:
So yeah. You can remove one thing related to your body. It can be bowel movements, it can be an organ, it can be (In some cases unfortunately) a tumor, etc. I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

Aging, no contest. With a little good placed gene restructuring it should be possible... not for a while sadly.

Having to breathe. Think about it. You would never get tired and you could survive underwater forever!

Aging. That way as long as I take care of myself I could possibly live thousands of years. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

MASTACHIEFPWN:
Colorectal area- Fuck you IBS, and I'd also not have to waste so much time poopin'!

Dude, you have no idea how much I agree... Mine would be my stomach and intestinal tract.... or if possible my Crohn's disease instead if it wouldnt come back.... its put me through too much in my adult life

Strain42:
Pain is the bodies way of letting you know that something is wrong, so I wouldn't wanna get rid of that lol

I'd probably get rid of my heart, mainly just because heart problems run heavily in my family, and I hate to admit it, but unless it start taking better care of myself I'll probably end up having a heart attack later in my life (I really should be doing more to prevent that...)

Every family has a history of heart problems... don't worry so much about it.

I'd get rid of nothing, because every single thing someone has said in this thread has indirect consequences which would kill them (except for the guy saying appendix haha).

You suck, you said I could remove an organ from my body with no repercussions, I just removed a kidney. There's blood everywhere, I'm dying, you lied to me.

Really though, I would opt to get rid of the circulatory system, that is to say, blood and blood flow. As a result, your kidneys, heart and lungs would no longer be vital organs.

You don't need a heart to pump blood, you don't need kidneys to purify your blood, and you don't need to have lungs or even breathe for that matter since one of blood's primary tasks is the transportation of oxygen to your cells. You would either not need oxygen, or your cells simply breathe on their own.

Given that you don't need blood, it could be said you don't need your immune system either, so you would be impervious to most diseases and such.

Actually just about every bodily function ties into blood flow, so without the need of blood, you're basically invincible.

MASTACHIEFPWN:

Prolly this, or my entire stomache. I'm fat, it would help.

Gastrointestinal system. No more eat-and-dump routine :).

Bye sleep, I suck at you anyway.

Sleep or the need to breathe. Sleep for the fact that I could use an extra couple hours a day or breathe so I can swim forever.

DJ_DEnM:
I would remove what makes us feel pain. I'd be awesomely unstoppable. :D

I'm not a Trekkie, but I just recently saw a Shatner quote which pretty much describes why removing pain is a bad idea.

Also, you might be a little ways from unstoppable. Missing limbs, for example.

"No one can defeat the Black Knight! I'm invincible!!"

I'm pretty satisfied with my body, but if there was one imperfection I could remove, it'd be this one speck on my face.

And maybe my fingerprints. That might be useful (hah, hah).

Can I say back hair? I want to say back hair but I don't know if it counts.

Well since I currently have Bronchitis and my lungs are causing me pain, I'll go with my lungs.

Definitely sleep

I'd have so much more time on my hands ! : D

Lungs. It would make work in a frictionless vacuum easier. Not without issue, but certainly easier.

TheMagicIndian:
I choose sleep. So much time lost. Though I could still sleep if I chose to, I suppose.

Yeah, same for me. It's not that I would never ever sleep, it's just that I would love to not have to sleep.

I'd probably go with the need to sleep. Such a waste of time.

My eyes! No repercussions means I can somehow still see without my eyes. Creepy as hell.

But no, really I'd go with aging. Don't want that anymore. Sleep would be good too, but aging gives me more time in the long run.

Definitely my period. It would be great to someday be able to have kids without feeling like dying for at least a week per month.

But keep it a secret! Or the corporations will try to push a 14 daily hours of work!
I don't want china to export it's work policy!

easy. i'd remove my body. being a free consciousness would be fantastic.

DJ_DEnM:

Enjoy pooping yourself, chewing on your lip until it bleeds, scratching your eyeball, and all the other very unfortunate side effects of the actual medical condition where you can't feel pain. Oh, and never being able to taste hot sauce again. Turns out, not being able to feel pain really sucks. Pain serves a very important purpose - it keeps us from accidentally hurting ourselves.

OT: As long as I don't have to have it happen immediately... once I have two kids, I would very much like my uterus to vanish. I won't need it anymore after that, and I'd love to never have another period. It would also be nice if I could keep my hormones locked in "the week after my period" happy mode forever.

DJ_DEnM:

Or you know, you could horrifically damage your body without even realising it an die without warning :P

I'd do whatever needed to be done to stop shitting, free up some time. ;)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked