You can now remove one function/reaction/organ from your body with NO repercussions.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

TheMagicIndian:
I choose sleep. So much time lost. Though I could still sleep if I chose to, I suppose.

OH OH OH! I was gonna choose shit/piss, but this is a thousand times better! Oh god the time I'd have.

I'd have 50% more active lifetime! (you sleep about 1/3 of your life, granted 8 hours a day)

Oh god that would be so great.

I'd get rid of my procrastination. My God I've had accomplished sooooooooooo much without that.

Appendix. It's vestigial. I guess I lose nothing this round....

The need to sleep. I honestly hate feeling sleepy.

Memory, then I could replay all of my games and rewatch every movie I've ever seen and they'd be like new! And then, when I've finished playing/watching them, I can do it again and it'd still be new! :P

Of couse, with no repurcussions, I won't have to worry about, say, remembering how to eat or who my family is- no repercussions. Yay!

On the other hand, with no memory I won't be able to remember which games/movies/things suck... but whatever, I won't have to think about them long!

I'd remove the need to take a dump. It would make lifting and contact sports easier to play.

I'd probably want my body to be more resilient to pain. I would still be able to feel things, just that I wouldn't feel that much pain to being hit in the head or falling back on the ground.

Sleep. I only go to sleep because I'm really tired and my body has to rest but I never want to. I always stay up late and end up being really sleepy at university and often don't pay too much attention.
I'd have a lot more time in my life as well.

NO repercussions? AT ALL? Easy!

Never having my period EVER again.

I considered choosing never having to sleep, but I enjoy sleeping too much =3 My period can fuck right off.

my whole brain
the reason being that the brain takes a huge amount of blood and oxygen to keep working and if i get rid of it while retaining the ability to think (you said no repercussions) i will be a super athlete

...no repercussions? Wouldn't that mean that there's no reason to pick either one? Or does it just mean that there are no negative effects? Anyway, I suppose my liver since my family has a long history of liver cancer.

If I had to choose between getting rid of either bodily waste disposal or the need to sleep, I would probably choose the first one. Not having to use the bathroom every couple of hours would be very convenient.

I'd probably go for the aging/death bit. More life is a good thing, I'm thinking.

That, or the part of the body that stops me from growing superpowers. I KNOW IT'S THERE.

Sleep definitely. Eating is fun and delicious, but if I was indefatigable, my world would be brilliant :)

I'm going to go with the need to eat. Now I will not only save a lot of time and money over the course of my life, but that's one less thing standing between me and my goal of not looking like a fat sack of crap anymore.

I'd get rid of muscle fatigue. WHOOO I'd just sprint flat out for hours just for the fun of it.

I have a deviated septum which makes it almost impossible to breathe through my nose, and was made worse by an operation supposed to correct it a while ago, to the point where there are days where at least one nostril literally can't move any air. So I'd, like, get rid of the whole damned septum and replace it with one that does what it's supposed to.

It's that, or my teeth. The buggers constantly hurt despite, according to several dentists, being perfectly healthy. But then I wouldn't be able to chew.

If we're talking any old biological process... sleep and fatigue, I guess, since I'd be soooo darn productive without it.

I'll remove death, a la Jack Harkness. See you guys in about 300 trillion years.

My brain. I don't really use it anyway, it's just a deadweight.
I could totally use the new space as storage. It'd be awesome. Or hell, fill it with lead and then go headbutt people. Really, the possibilities are endless.

It would either be bowel movements or "everything bad related to the mouth" (brushing, bad breath, flossing, plague, etc).

I think I'd go with the latter. Never having to brush/floss again while still keeping all of my teeth and not-bad breath would be awesome.

Whatever it is that so very quickly turns anything I eat or drink into fat. I'm not a fat person, but I have been, and I have to keep a tight rein on myself to prevent me from getting fat again. Part of the problem is that I'm such a massive glutton, I just love my food and drink far too much. I badly envy those people who seem to get away with eating junk, and not doing anything physical, yet remain wiry and skinny. I hate you guys.

Sleep, I would remove the need to sleep (and subsequently mental tiredness) - I could still get physically tired due to overworking muscles, but removing the effect of my brain getting tired followed by a need to sleep is one of the best things I think could happen to me.

I HATE being mentally tired and I think sleeping is the biggest waste of time going and also a ridiculous limitation to the human body.

No more drowsiness, no more yawning, no more falling asleep, no more lack of concentration, no more losing hours of every day sleeping - it would be awesome. We could all do so much more if we were awake all the time without repercussion.

I'd say my heart if it wasn't already non-existant. So I'll just say my... lungs, that way I can scare people even more with not breathing. there are no repercussions, right?

sleep duh what else? or at least the need for 7 or 8 hours of sleep. I'd want it so 30 minutes would be enough. I'd sleep from 4:30-5 and call it a night.

Sleep. That's an easy one.

It has no proven purpose and I could use the extra eight hours to play dark souls.

ImmortalDrifter:
Sleep. That's an easy one.

It has no proven purpose

Well, except for the fact that it keeps a normal person from going batshit insane.

I would totally remove the need to poop. It's messy, it stinks, it makes you feel dirty; and you always seem to have to go number 2 RIGHT when you get out of the shower.

Sleep, I'd be able to achieve 5 times what I could in life with sleep, all-night revision, gaming, etc etc.

Danm this is hard since removing it is competely different to let say having complete control over it.

I think I'm going to remove the ability for my body to degrade (old age). I would be immortal in a way however I can still die like getting shot or falling into a cliff etc.

Gerishnakov:
Whatever it is that so very quickly turns anything I eat or drink into fat. I'm not a fat person, but I have been, and I have to keep a tight rein on myself to prevent me from getting fat again. Part of the problem is that I'm such a massive glutton, I just love my food and drink far too much. I badly envy those people who seem to get away with eating junk, and not doing anything physical, yet remain wiry and skinny. I hate you guys.

Bah, I totally understand this, I was going to vote for losing the need to eat, but I sense even if I didn't need to fuel my body, I'd end up eating nearly as much, just for the sheer pleasure of eating.

Being a fat bastard when you don't even need to eat, damn, I'd feel even worse about it.

If it helps, I WAS one of those annoying fuckers who could eat anything without putting on a single pound... then I hit my mid 20s and pow, the lard virus hit me.

Can I remove something and replace it with something else? Because in that case, I would remove my entire digestive system and replace with one that doesn't have so many food allergies.

Or aging. That's a function, right? Actually, that's a million times better. I can use all the extra time to perfect the Digestive System-Transplant. And anything else I want. Awesome.

Lungs, I want to be able to breathe without lungs :)

SenseOfTumour:

Gerishnakov:

Bah, I totally understand this, I was going to vote for losing the need to eat, but I sense even if I didn't need to fuel my body, I'd end up eating nearly as much, just for the sheer pleasure of eating.

Being a fat bastard when you don't even need to eat, damn, I'd feel even worse about it.

If it helps, I WAS one of those annoying fuckers who could eat anything without putting on a single pound... then I hit my mid 20s and pow, the lard virus hit me.

Ha, at least you had your teens and early 20s skinny. I got hit by the L-virus when I was about 10, got really fat, hit my teens and started really making an effort to lose weight, got relatively healthy, hit 18 and started drinking beer regularly, got a little tubby again, and it's basically been a constant battle since then.

Bowel movements.
Oh god how I hate my movements, they cause me nothing but pain every god damned time.

Aging, i.e. neuron death. Obviously.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked