Video-Game Tattoos!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I recently got my first tattoo. And of course it has to be gaming related!

http://rubiini.kuvat.fi/kuvat/RubyPicturesTattooaArtGallery/CARITAN+TATUOINTIGALLERIA/Photorealistiset/DSC_5407.JPG

The experience was actually very pleasing. I had fun, it didn't hurt a bit and actually was very relaxing for me. Kinda like a massage. And the picture turned out awesome as well IMHO. I know the light orange looks more like bloody-poop-brown. That's blood. I had such a thick skin the tattooist ended up redoing the same parts over and over and over again, so naturally, blood happened. It is located "under" my forearm, a bit below my wrist.

So, escapees. Share your tattoos. Share your video game tattoos! Share your plans for video game tattoos! Share your opinions on other peoples tattoos! SHARE SHARE SHARE!

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq197/LiquidAcid23/100_2909.jpg

not a video game one and photo is a tad bad quality...

a girl i used to "know" had an awesome one of space invaders on her back

I have a Portal tattoo on my arm. I've posted it somewhere here before, I'll add it again later.

I've got the kill it skull from skate 3 on my left bicep

DrRockor:

That's actually pretty cool. I never thought anyone would get a Skate 3 tattoo, but you sir have proved me wrong. Genuinely a cool story bro.

I really want a gamer tattoo, but I don't know what I would get. Any ideas?

Liquidacid23:

not a video game one and photo is a tad bad quality...

Do want, ya want to get this for myself.

I am seriously considering a humble Triforce tattoo. The question is where...?

A few years ago, I took my usual sprite avatar (black mage rockin' out on a guitar) and got it tattooed in a non-spritey cartoony kind of way. Don't really have a good closeup pic of it, but you can see it here:

ZehMadScientist:
I am seriously considering a humble Triforce tattoo. The question is where...?

the back of your hand seems the most appropriate place

Vkmies:
http://rubiini.kuvat.fi/kuvat/RubyPicturesTattooaArtGallery/CARITAN+TATUOINTIGALLERIA/Photorealistiset/DSC_5407.JPG

Liquidacid23:

Embed yer bloody images.
And put'em in spoilers.
Clicking links is a pain.

...I don't have any tattoos.

duckymcfly99:

DrRockor:

That's actually pretty cool. I never thought anyone would get a Skate 3 tattoo, but you sir have proved me wrong. Genuinely a cool story bro.

Thanks man :), Im also planning on getting l'cie tatto on my forearm and a mirrors edge runner tag on my right bicep.

When I was thinking on my gaming tattoo I looked at what I was playing at the time and some of my favourite games. So you should think about the symbols in some of them

I got these two for my grandparents to show them how much they mean to me(aawww) but aye.. Snowflake for my grandma as she lives for christmas time and the xbox symbol for my grandad(he gave me my first xbox and is an obsessed gamer in his 70s) :D

I did find it really relaxing getting it done too, even though it hurt a bit in places and i bled all over the place!

XMark:
A few years ago, I took my usual sprite avatar (black mage rockin' out on a guitar) and got it tattooed in a non-spritey cartoony kind of way. Don't really have a good closeup pic of it, but you can see it here:

Wow, getting your avatar tattoed on you, that's dedication 0.o Congrats.

duckymcfly99:

Sounds obvious but something from your favourite game? A little pointless getting something that looks cool if you aren't a big fan of the game as you have to put up with whatever you get for the rest of your life, a lot of people recommend waiting a year once you decide on the idea before getting it to make sure.

OT: I have no tattoos myself yet, I've considered getting one but I'm not sure what it'd depict, probably not gaming since there's no series I like enough to have etched on me for the rest of my life, not even pokemon!

I want a Symbol of Torment on my left arm somedays.

Jonluw:

Vkmies:

Liquidacid23:

Embed yer bloody images.
And put'em in spoilers.

I'm to lazy to... considering the fact that no matter if they are put in spoilers or a posted link they both only take a single click to access I fail to see the problem

againt my better judgement I totally would get one (Ive always thourght about somthing assasins creed related)

..and if somone says "your going to regret it"

I'll say

"are you married? have kids? well your going to regret it when your older and your wife fades and sags..TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

Jonluw:

Vkmies:

Liquidacid23:

Embed yer bloody images.
And put'em in spoilers.

I admit that i am lazy. And I need images on forums so rarely that I forget pretty much all of those little piece of codes or whatever that makes things like that happen.

With that said, you come to a tattoo thread and complain that you have to click links? Please just dont click them then. You know, ignore it. Just
saying.

Guess what my tattoo is?

i plan on getting this on my right upper arm. it's the marked of kane logo from the C&C series.

I don't have any tattoos, but when I can I plan on getting a triforce (plain black) on my right bicep

I'd love to get a tattoo, but I think I'm too much of a coward to do so. I've never been a fan of needles and yeah some people say it doesn't hurt but then others scream bloody murder. BUT! if I were to get one it would totally be

Yeah I'm Final Fantasy girl. In fantasy I'd get it on my chest or back.

I don't have any personally... but the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title was

Don't have any gaming-related tattoos... yet. I do, however, already know what I'm getting once the time is right.

I'm going to have it spiral around my arm, with the tip terminating in the wrist.

Well im 16 so i'm not legally allowed to get a tattoo. Even if i was old enough I wouldn't get one (I have a nice clean cut look). I have thought of it though and if I would get a tattoo I would get the cerburus logo. Dont know why, it just looks cool.

bahumat42:

Dude who the fuck keep toilet paper on their kitchen table. O.o

I know what I want.

RoBi3.0:

bahumat42:

Dude who the fuck keep toilet paper on their kitchen table. O.o

People who listen to dubstep it would seem.

While I'm a gamer through and through, I don't know if I would ever get a video game tattoo. I don't consider gaming to be a phase but will that tattoo be as meaningful for me 20 years down the road? And depending where I get it, will it even still look good at that point?

Some of the tattoos I've seen on this thread look pretty cool, it's just not for me.

*sigh*

It's even further off into the future now as I'm now running into debt due to my job cutting my hours.

This is my tattoo, also my first one.

First of many.

Screamarie:
I'd love to get a tattoo, but I think I'm too much of a coward to do so. I've never been a fan of needles and yeah some people say it doesn't hurt but then others scream bloody murder. BUT! if I were to get one it would totally be

Yeah I'm Final Fantasy girl. In fantasy I'd get it on my chest or back.

Yes, I know random internet people cannot be trusted... But I do HAVE to make mention that it didn't hurt a bit. ^_^

If it's small, doesn't include horrible amounts of reaaaly deep colours, it wont hurt, since the artist doesn't have to tattoo the same place dozens of times.

Hell, like I made mention in the OP, the experience was enjoyable for me. Kinda like a massage. You choose a person who you can trust and who is nice. Then you just lay down and relax, listen to music and talk with the people while someone tickles you a bit. It was really quite wonderful. And I wasn't so sure about the tattoo myself when I got it, but after getting it, I want to get more just because it was so darn fun! I don't know, maybe I am just a crazy person.

I'm just saying that if the one and only reason you don't want to get a tattoo, is because you are afraid it will hurt, I will say that that's a silly reason unless you are tattooing a deep rainbow into your eyelids. Which you are clearly not. ^_^

Goofguy:
While I'm a gamer through and through, I don't know if I would ever get a video game tattoo. I don't consider gaming to be a phase but will that tattoo be as meaningful for me 20 years down the road? And depending where I get it, will it even still look good at that point?

Some of the tattoos I've seen on this thread look pretty cool, it's just not for me.

I'm the same. Someone I worked with at a video game store got a Mario star, and that was all well and good, but did it have any meaning? Or was it just 'cause she likes Mario and felt like getting a tattoo?

I like the Oblivion logo, Umbrella logo and Triforce but I'm getting none of the above. I'd like to get a tattoo one day, but only if I can find something extremely significant to me. It has to be meaningful to me. Another guy who I worked with lost his mum to cancer, so dedicated his underarm to a tattoo with her initials surrounded by roses. It was lovely and had such meaning to him. That's the kind I want (though I hope "significant" isn't the loss of a loved one like him, poor sod).

I've got a pretty elaborate plan for my tattoos. They're going to be a kinda surreal mix of mechanical bits incorporated into tribal designs, with a few odd hanging spheres, eyeballs, creatures... I'm probably going to have an aperture science logo on one of the mechanical areas. There might be references to a few other games hiding in there too.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked