Video-Game Tattoos!

Pages PREV 1 2

If I were to get a gaming tattoo, it would probably be one of the markings on the colossus from the game Shadow of the Colossus. That way, people could find my weak point for massive damage.

I'll let you people figure out where that is (be creative).

Aperture Science Logo on my left wrist. I meant a girl a year later who had it on the back of her neck.

Cyael:
Aperture Science Logo

This ^

I'm debating whether I should get tattoo(s) or not.
But if I do, I'd probably get the Aperture Science logo and/or something BioShock related. (But not the chains on the wrists, because it's rather cliché).

This, no wording, both wrists on the inside. Was nervous as heck going in to get it, damn near got close to passing out from shock (that was a lark, nothing else has made me do that), and then grinned and beared it for about an hour.

The tone of the event was kind of lightened when another worker of the studio closed the curtain of the section I was in for privacy reasons while they had some piercings to do. From what I heard, they were pretty intimate.

Andaxay:

Goofguy:
While I'm a gamer through and through, I don't know if I would ever get a video game tattoo. I don't consider gaming to be a phase but will that tattoo be as meaningful for me 20 years down the road? And depending where I get it, will it even still look good at that point?

Some of the tattoos I've seen on this thread look pretty cool, it's just not for me.

I'm the same. Someone I worked with at a video game store got a Mario star, and that was all well and good, but did it have any meaning? Or was it just 'cause she likes Mario and felt like getting a tattoo?

I like the Oblivion logo, Umbrella logo and Triforce but I'm getting none of the above. I'd like to get a tattoo one day, but only if I can find something extremely significant to me. It has to be meaningful to me. Another guy who I worked with lost his mum to cancer, so dedicated his underarm to a tattoo with her initials surrounded by roses. It was lovely and had such meaning to him. That's the kind I want (though I hope "significant" isn't the loss of a loved one like him, poor sod).

What I did, was to use a logo from a game that defined me as a person and changed my life, but made sure that said logo was not only from the game. My Lambda is only tied to Half Life because of it's circle and the orange background. In a non-gamers eyes, it's a scientific sign, referencing the half-life of a radioactive substance. In a non-scientific persons eyes, it's a Greek letter "l". It has layers. That's what I looked for, maybe you ought to look something to that degree as well. ^_^

Most likley this baby. I love me some Jak and Daxter, with Jak 2 being my favorite game of all time.

I've got Faith's stylized circuit board from Mirrors Edge on my arm...

Want to get it extended though.

Vkmies:

Screamarie:
I'd love to get a tattoo, but I think I'm too much of a coward to do so. I've never been a fan of needles and yeah some people say it doesn't hurt but then others scream bloody murder. BUT! if I were to get one it would totally be

Yeah I'm Final Fantasy girl. In fantasy I'd get it on my chest or back.

Yes, I know random internet people cannot be trusted... But I do HAVE to make mention that it didn't hurt a bit. ^_^

If it's small, doesn't include horrible amounts of reaaaly deep colours, it wont hurt, since the artist doesn't have to tattoo the same place dozens of times.

Hell, like I made mention in the OP, the experience was enjoyable for me. Kinda like a massage. You choose a person who you can trust and who is nice. Then you just lay down and relax, listen to music and talk with the people while someone tickles you a bit. It was really quite wonderful. And I wasn't so sure about the tattoo myself when I got it, but after getting it, I want to get more just because it was so darn fun! I don't know, maybe I am just a crazy person.

I'm just saying that if the one and only reason you don't want to get a tattoo, is because you are afraid it will hurt, I will say that that's a silly reason unless you are tattooing a deep rainbow into your eyelids. Which you are clearly not. ^_^

Yes, but you could have a much higher pain tolerance than I do. I'm not completely ruling it out though, just be cautious. After all, I think it would be kind of silly to put myself through something that would be very painful for me to do for "coolness." I figure at some point when I get a little more money...that I'm not spending on video games...and maybe a little more brave, I may get a small one on my arm, kind of test it out before getting something serious.

i got the bioshock chains on my left wrist. got it done a year and a half ago now, and i love it. so glad i got it done ^^

I have more, but these are two of my gaming tats:

I want the Minecraft HUD on my inner left arm, but whilst I wait, here's a picture of Mr. mau5' totally badass Zelda heart tattoo.

I have a tattoo of the crest of Hyrule on my back (the Triforce on top of the bird which Link has on his shield). It was the second tattoo I got. I'm pretty covered.

Vkmies:
What I did, was to use a logo from a game that defined me as a person and changed my life, but made sure that said logo was not only from the game. My Lambda is only tied to Half Life because of it's circle and the orange background. In a non-gamers eyes, it's a scientific sign, referencing the half-life of a radioactive substance. In a non-scientific persons eyes, it's a Greek letter "l". It has layers. That's what I looked for, maybe you ought to look something to that degree as well. ^_^

Hah, never thought about it like that before. I guess I haven't found my life-changing game yet, I've had several that I've enjoyed to death but I don't know if I've felt that kind of effect. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, :) Food for thought, though, thanks for the suggestion!

I've got Jin Kazama's left arm tattoo on my left arm.

My Dad has a Kirby tattoo (because I fucking love Kirby) and a Gir tattoo from Invader Zim (because my sister fucking loves Invader Zim) on his calf.

Best.Dad.EVER!

I am rather literally getting another tattoo (i have a few) this saturday, and it's my first videogame one. i'm excited.

JoJo:

XMark:
A few years ago, I took my usual sprite avatar (black mage rockin' out on a guitar) and got it tattooed in a non-spritey cartoony kind of way. Don't really have a good closeup pic of it, but you can see it here:

Wow, getting your avatar tattoed on you, that's dedication 0.o Congrats.

duckymcfly99:

I really want a gamer tattoo, but I don't know what I would get. Any ideas?

Sounds obvious but something from your favourite game? A little pointless getting something that looks cool if you aren't a big fan of the game as you have to put up with whatever you get for the rest of your life, a lot of people recommend waiting a year once you decide on the idea before getting it to make sure.

I think I might get the Assassin's logo on my arm. Or something having to do with Tekken. I'm not sure, but thanks for the help anyway. I'm not sure if I will get one though. A tattoo is forever. I just have to think about that.

Screamarie:

Vkmies:

Screamarie:
I'd love to get a tattoo, but I think I'm too much of a coward to do so. I've never been a fan of needles and yeah some people say it doesn't hurt but then others scream bloody murder. BUT! if I were to get one it would totally be

Yeah I'm Final Fantasy girl. In fantasy I'd get it on my chest or back.

Yes, I know random internet people cannot be trusted... But I do HAVE to make mention that it didn't hurt a bit. ^_^

If it's small, doesn't include horrible amounts of reaaaly deep colours, it wont hurt, since the artist doesn't have to tattoo the same place dozens of times.

Hell, like I made mention in the OP, the experience was enjoyable for me. Kinda like a massage. You choose a person who you can trust and who is nice. Then you just lay down and relax, listen to music and talk with the people while someone tickles you a bit. It was really quite wonderful. And I wasn't so sure about the tattoo myself when I got it, but after getting it, I want to get more just because it was so darn fun! I don't know, maybe I am just a crazy person.

I'm just saying that if the one and only reason you don't want to get a tattoo, is because you are afraid it will hurt, I will say that that's a silly reason unless you are tattooing a deep rainbow into your eyelids. Which you are clearly not. ^_^

Yes, but you could have a much higher pain tolerance than I do. I'm not completely ruling it out though, just be cautious. After all, I think it would be kind of silly to put myself through something that would be very painful for me to do for "coolness." I figure at some point when I get a little more money...that I'm not spending on video games...and maybe a little more brave, I may get a small one on my arm, kind of test it out before getting something serious.

I understand. I actually just talked a newly-tattooed friend of mine, who said that it hurt alot. I was a bit confused, but oh well. Maybe you ought to as a tattoo artist about the most painful places and try to put it in a place that wouldnt hurt? That's about tha only advice I can give you right now. XD

Kushin:

This, no wording, both wrists on the inside. Was nervous as heck going in to get it, damn near got close to passing out from shock (that was a lark, nothing else has made me do that), and then grinned and beared it for about an hour.

The tone of the event was kind of lightened when another worker of the studio closed the curtain of the section I was in for privacy reasons while they had some piercings to do. From what I heard, they were pretty intimate.

i know someone whos had that done, it looks awesome :D

I just got a triforce tattoo a few weeks ago!

Schizocorpse:

First of many.

That is fucking quality, congratulations.

I'll just c&p a post of mine from another thread concerning first tattoos as I'm lazy;

GoaThief:
Thought I'd join in and post

Not really video game related (unless the last Captain America game counts).

For those who don't know what it is: it's the emblem of Hydra from Marvel comics.
And yes I know I'm skinny.

I'm too much of a pussy to get a tattoo of any sort. It's not that I'm scared of the needle (I've had injections and stuff before), but frankly, I am afraid that I might regret it when I'm older. It's because I've had experience of having sustained interest in many things, but it just loses impact for me as I grow older.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked