Any personal projects you're trying to get round to?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well I want to learn Gaelic and be able to speak it, graduate high school and go to a good college, finish my damned eagle scout, finish a pile of games that I have left over from Christmas (damned Skyrim), get my license and get the rest of the money for a car, and to top it all off Minecraft has been calling me to build my new doom fortress under the wreckage of the old one to take revenge on thoes damned heroes!

Learning how to properly write Japanese. I can speak it and read it just fine, but writing it is fucking impossible for me.

Tuesday Night Fever:

Jonluw:
I have to let my dentist have a look at my wisdom teeth

I just had mine taken out recently. All four in one go. I kept putting it off, and putting it off, and putting it off... it took me over ten years to finally do it, and by the time I did, my whole face was constantly throbbing in pain. Don't put off getting them out like I did. If I'd just gotten it done early-on, it would have been no big deal whatsoever. The horror stories everyone told me were worse than the actual operation, go figure.

Oh, shit, I've been putting it off for about a year now. How long was your face throbbing in pain?!

Finishing that novel
&
Doing an internet review show

I want to make an RC Ekranoplan (weird seaplane thingamajig) someday
I am working on a homemade Nerf rifle made of PVC and brass
I also make airplanes for the flight sim X-plane

Finishing my goddamn text adventure.

I'm working on my ask me anything pony tumblr http://asktheguardponies.tumblr.com
It's taking up all the time I have left after coursework, work, and social life.

Yes... but I can't really say what it is, because "what it is" keeps changing >.< It involves typing things into a computer and then the computer doing stuff, that much I'm sure of.

I'm working on a series of web-novels. Problem is, I'm still in the early stages of planning so I'm not invested in the idea enough to stick with one settings. So I keep jumping from post-apocalyptic, to sci-fi, to fantasy and back again. It's very distressing. I'm so fickle.

Well, there are a couple of maps on Halo Reach that I started and never finished.(not that I have any friends who would be willing to test them out with me anyway) I've wanted to start drawing more again and possibly even start my own webcomic ( I've been writing down ideas for years now and have more that need written down before I forget them), but I've been too preoccupied with videogames and the internet to do anything about it. There's also that Let's Play I'm doing with my brother that we haven't recoded anything for in a while.

Right now I'm trying to wrap up a female TF2 character mod, and working on a couple Scott Joplin pieces. I don't have a lot of free time right now, but I'd really like to brush up on my Chinese somehow, but I don't have any good way to practice.

There is a couple of things:

I have an old truck I've been working on. Getting it completely finished, however, has been eluding me due to a lack of time.

Also I am wanting to get a Extra-class amateur radio license. My goal is to get it by the end of the year.

I've been wanting to get started writing some poems and short stories. So far procrastination, school, and mental blocks have been getting in my way. Other than that learn how to play guitar.

Hmmm...After reading some of these my personal projects seem kinda trivial by comparison.

I'm actually trying to get around to writing a couple of fanfics that I've started but can't work up the motivation to finish. Anyone got any ideas on how to do that? 'Cause I'm stumped, and otherwise it'll a slow process that my readers will probably want to lynch me for.

I also need to look into stopping my chronic procrastination...tomorrow.

Hell-On-Wheels:

I have an old truck I've been working on. Getting it completely finished, however, has been eluding me due to a lack of time.

Also I am wanting to get a Extra-class amateur radio license. My goal is to get it by the end of the year.

What kind of old truck? If you don't mind my asking.

broadbandaddict:

Hell-On-Wheels:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.

Hell-On-Wheels:

broadbandaddict:

Hell-On-Wheels:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.

That is awesome. Are you restoring it back to original or is it getting upgraded?

Well I wrote 60 thousands words of a story I came up with, then never touched it again...maybe because that only finished off the first chapter.

Tuesday Night Fever:

Jonluw:
I have to let my dentist have a look at my wisdom teeth

I just had mine taken out recently. All four in one go. I kept putting it off, and putting it off, and putting it off... it took me over ten years to finally do it, and by the time I did, my whole face was constantly throbbing in pain. Don't put off getting them out like I did. If I'd just gotten it done early-on, it would have been no big deal whatsoever. The horror stories everyone told me were worse than the actual operation, go figure.

Gotta agree here. I had my wisdom teeth taken out. They just went ahead and knocked me out, removed all of them at once. Went ahead and removed two other teeth right in front that needed a root canal anyways. Never felt a thing. By the time I got back up, only thing I felt was a little pain like I cut my gum on a piece of food.

2733:
I've got a pen and paper RPG that needs to be compiled and sent out for playtesting, a gamemaker project that needs to really get started, a chicken coop to build, and a sword to finish shaping. At least I finally got my grandma's house taken care of now so this stuff should be done soon, I hope.

funny, I'm actually working on my own Pen and paper RPG at the moment as well. I also wanna spend more time working on recreating the cave story characters in maya, so that I may one day be able to create my own cave story-inspired game. I also gotta clean my car out, which seems like a small task, but becomes difficult when I am home (and awake) less than 2-3 hours a day on average, and most of it is at odd hours of the morning or evening. I'm also working on creating my next D&D one-shot, which will be my first one that might be "combat free," depending on player actions. That takes a lot more work than throwing another dragon at them.

I've got about 75 Warhammer 40k models to paint, a 1500 word essay on cloud computing, I'm 3 weeks behind on a 2000 word assignment due in 3 weeks, I've got a backlog of games from HIB, my dog needs washing, my fish tanks need cleaning, my bedroom needs cleaning, my computer needs cleaning and I'm trying to get around to reading a PDF from my Chem teacher about stopping procrastination. Procastination stops me from achieving all these things.

I'm trying to actually finish this painting but I keep getting distracted! I keep losing interest in it! Damn you short attention span!

as you can see, it's nowhere close to being done!

broadbandaddict:

Hell-On-Wheels:

broadbandaddict:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.

That is awesome. Are you restoring it back to original or is it getting upgraded?

It'll be close to original. C30's of that model year came without beds, and the first owner, a local cemetery, had a flatbed and hoist professionally installed on it in 1970. One of their employees also blew up the original engine at some point, so a crate 350 was put in. The fact that it has a very low geared 4-speed, top speed 50 MPH, might have contributed to that.

The only real upgrade I plan on doing to it is disc brakes. The current braking system needs a lot of work.

Hell-On-Wheels:

It'll be close to original. C30's of that model year came without beds, and the first owner, a local cemetery, had a flatbed and hoist professionally installed on it in 1970. One of their employees also blew up the original engine at some point, so a crate 350 was put in. The fact that it has a very low geared 4-speed, top speed 50 MPH, might have contributed to that.

The only real upgrade I plan on doing to it is disc brakes. The current braking system needs a lot of work.

Damn. 50MPH, that is flying. You better get new brakes if you plan on going that fast. :p

That's cool that you're fixing back up to original. I always figured if I rebuilt one I would put new parts in an old body cause the old bodies are so much better looking (IMHO) than modern but the new drive trains are crazy great. Then again I'm sure that is more expensive considering a modern engine and transmission can set you back 5K+... I'll just have to settle for messing with my current vehicle for now, its expensive enough just trying to maintain one properly.

Phasmal:
Yep, in future going to make a webcomic.
People always say when I complain about crappy superhero ladies being just boobs and little else, they say `go make your own`.
So I shall.
Eventually, just now I'm focusing on more IRL stuff like getting a house.

Incidentally, that is one of the many projects I have in the works.
I have a couple of projects. A friend and I (and possibly more friends) are creating a website to produce a bunch of creative content/blog. I have one web comic currently going on a different site that I haven't had the time to work on in a while (and might have a legal issue going on), two other web comics I'm kicking around but need to develop more, and have been meaning to write more board game reviews.
And I actually need to get the full site up.

Well I really need to get on with my dissertation, I'm just stalling until I find out if I'm gonna get funded.

Oh and I'm volunteering on a refugee camp in Thailand.

Finally, when I get my PC back in June I'm gonna start a Lets Play Youtube channel, more for fun or anything. - The first games I'm gonna play are Dragon Age Origins (silent player character = scripted comedy), Total War: Alexander (theres very little of this game on the web, but the short fast campaign should make for a good LP) and ARMA2 for wacky hardcore comedy.

Let me know what you think ;)

My two friends are tech geeks and have been wanting to make a free mmo for some time. We started up an unofficial company named "Team Salty" and I've been made lead graphic designer. It seems like a nice title if it weren't for the fact that I'm the ONLY graphic designer.

Beating Catherine,Dark Souls, Skyward Sword.

Leveling my healer scoundrel in SWTOR so I can be ready for my friend when he's get's back from the army.

Build the rest of My Red Frame Astray model.

Finish Forest.

Fix the lining in my jacket and get supplies so I can put the ME3 patch on it.

learning HTML
a backlog of movies/games and anime
building my own RPG (I,m currently in the writing process)nvm I got RPGmaker working in English
finishing my Space Marine themed Angelo Sauper Geara Zulu

Marcus Kehoe:

Build the rest of My Red Frame Astray model.

what grade is it Perfect grade or Master grade?

Oh, and I'm hypothetically working on a fanmade Babylon 5 board game with friends on BGG and finishing up/playtesting a fanmade expansion for the BSG boardgame. I'm more advising on the former, since I haven't seen much B5, but know boardgames and sometimes an outside perspective can help with game design. The BSG thing, we're mostly tweaking rules for a couple of variants that I've watched develop. Most of them seem to work.

Ive been trying to sum up the strength to start a drawing of The Lich from Adventure Time but in a more realistic way with the words "aren't you cold, Finn?" Off to the side of the drawing. I have the skill but I fear I may be to lazy.

dyre:

Oh, shit, I've been putting it off for about a year now. How long was your face throbbing in pain?!

Like I said... I put it off for around ten years. It didn't really hurt during the meantime. Every once in a while I'd have a day or two where I felt like a little kid teething, but nothing severe.

Then a few months back I started having whole weeks at a time where my whole face hurt. One of the wisdom teeth was pretty impacted and was putting pressure on the rest of my lower teeth, and another wisdom tooth had cracked because there wasn't enough room for it in my jaw and ended up getting infected. But it took a really long time to get to that point.

If I'd had them taken out at any time within the first five or so years, I probably could have even avoided the days where it felt like I was teething.

But I was lazy, I kept making excuses (like not having the time or money to get it done even when I did), and I was admittedly a little afraid of getting it done because of the horror stories people talk about. But it ended up being no big deal. Operation took about an hour, I felt no pain whatsoever, I was able to speak more-or-less clearly within 8 or so hours after the operation, I was back to work and eating solid foods again within three days. There was a bit of bleeding immediately after I got home, but it wasn't too bad and didn't last very long. There was very little swelling. Hell, I never even bothered taking any of the painkillers they sent me home with.

It's really nothing to worry about. Just don't let it wait as ridiculously long as I did.

keep working on my document website and make it the biggest collection of period military documents on the net.. :D

Just launched an erotic comic art website. So... maintaining that will be an ongoing personal project.

Get the album finished I just did a promo for, no excuses, just being lazy, but it's gonna be free so no-one can really complain

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked