If you could own ANY animal in the world...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Just something I've been pondering tonight as I sit bored in my dimly lit wine cellar supping on a glass of apple juice. If people could choose any animal they liked as a pet, what would they want?

I'm curious to see what people come up with and just to be clear on this:

- It can be ANY animal, be as unqiue or boring as you want. It does need to be a real animal and still exist though. So no pokemon and dinosaur pets people :P

- It is guaranteed to be perfectly obedient, no training required (this will inclue toilet training)

- You get to provide any environment that it requires, regardless of size

- You get ONE choice

I honestly don't know what I'd want. Although owning a huge bengal tiger could sure have it's advantages...I have some people who owe me a lotta money.

I would go for a giant turtle and maybe ride it around but I just thought of an elephant called stampy which would be way better

I wanna wolf because they are awesome.

They're big and fluffy, and really good to have around if anyone wants to mess with me.

I skimmed over the thread titles and kind of got "oral sex" and "any animal you want" mixed up in my head for a few seconds...

...no, just no

A penguin

The cutest bird that will never run away from me.

A full grown giant squid. Let's see how big it can really grow!

I shall call him Squidward.

A fennec fox.
I just. They are so adorable. I do not care if they are loud and sound like angry monkeys when they get excited. I want it in my life.

Otter no question

(Certified low word count ban-hammer protection text)

Hero in a half shell:

I want an octopus! Because they are pure awesome residing in water. They are intelligent and can learn stuff, not to mention that they are better at hiding than chameleons.

However, that's my "real" wish - if I had to answer to the thread (i.e. I have no restrictions), well, I'm not sure. I do think it would be something that seems dangerous. Maybe a snake - I like snakes. Either that or some sort of wild cat - like a puma or something.

Terminate421:
A penguin

Yep, penguin for me too. A Japanese couple taught one to go on their daily grocery run carrying a little pengi-back-pack.

I choose my dog, Daisy, as a puppy once more and in perfect health, she will also be born with both hind legs properly formed instead of just one.

She's been a major part of my life for over 11 years now, and within a few months she will likely be gone forever, it just breaks my heart.

mikey7339:

Terminate421:
A penguin

Yep, penguin for me too. A Japanese couple taught one to go on their daily grocery run carrying a little pengi-back-pack.

I SAW THAT DOCUMENTARY!!!

The only way a penguin for a pet would be even better is if they purred when they were happy (I imagine they do something like that)

mikey7339:

Terminate421:
A penguin

Holy crap I just saw a video on that. Words cannot describe how cute...

for others to see:

Shark. Either whale, goblin, basking, great white or thresher. One of those would do me just fine.

Hmm. Well since you said perfectly obedient I'd go with something normally dangerous. A tiger I think. I like tigers and one that behaves completely would be great. It would easily protect my home. Someone breaks in and sees a tiger, they're gonna think twice about sticking around. And just imagine having it follow me around in public...

Any animal eh? And trained?
But it has to be real...hmm.

Red-tailed hawk.
5 foot wingspan. Hunter.
AWESOME.

I was going to say a dinosaur...now I'm sad.

Oh well, I guess I'll go with a cassowary.

Not only do they look awesome but they would make great bodyguards and can live to about 60 years old.

Terminate421:
The only way a penguin for a pet would be even better is if they purred when they were happy (I imagine they do something like that)

They make a chirble sound that is like a combination of a chirp and a purr.

I always wanted a wolf or some kind of large cat. A panther would be neat. Assuming I could control it of course.

With only one choice though I would have to go with a fox. I dunno why, I just always liked them. Might be because they are semi-rare around here. I've only seen a couple in my life.

An owl or a hawk. Something cool to ride on my shoulder while I walked around. Probably a barn owl or great horned, though. I mean, how is this fella not one serious bad dude?

Vault101:
I skimmed over the thread titles and kind of got "oral sex" and "any animal you want" mixed up in my head for a few seconds...

...no, just no

I lol'd.

OT: Whatever species of bear is the biggest, because being in the Bear Cavalry would be awesome.

Hero in a half shell:

I shall call him Squidward.

Hate to break it to you, but that's an Octopus. :p

OT - Possibly an Ocelot or a Red Panda.

A Grizzly Bear, of course. I want to ride it places.

A human being. What?...

Seriously just a dog, I like them.

A White tiger would be EPIC!

:3 I like big cats

Megan Fox when she was 18 :P

A Komodo dragon or a Wolverine. Something suitably intimidating to pet while I expound on my plans for world domination to impress the girlfriend of that irksome secret agent who keeps killing my minions.

can i have fluttershy?
or does it have to be real?

A Shire Horse, largest breed in the world. It's a horse, it's got a great character, it's huge, and if they run it sounds and feels like a tank just drove by. Who wouldn't want that?

A giraffe, they are so darn awesome.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
They're big and fluffy, and really good to have around if anyone wants to mess with me.

I'd pick a snow leopard for essentially the same reasons. :3

Can it be a plant? I want my very own Pando.

I'd like a narwhal

Yay, the jedi of the sea

Terminate421:

I don't know about purring but when you tickle them they do this:

If it didn't have to be a existing animal I'd take a DoDo bird, just because it'd be fun.

Since it does, I'd probably go for a Pygmy Owl.

Some variant of large cat. Either a blue tiger, white tiger, or snow leopard I would think.

Alternatively a Leopard Seal would be pretty awesome for a pet if in the right environment.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked