Doesn't Go Bump

I was hoping there was some kind of tech support forum here or something, but this is all I've got. For some reason, whenever I post on a thread, it isn't bumped to the top of the page. The message is posted, but the thread stays where it is. Is there anyone who knows what's going on?

umm, can you elaborate? it sounds like your saying when you post your post doesnt take the place of the origional poster...

though I may simply be missreading, so if its that your post isnt appearing, try refreshing, sometimes that helps if mine dont appear

Karutomaru:
I was hoping there was some kind of tech support forum here or something, but this is all I've got. For some reason, whenever I post on a thread, it isn't bumped to the top of the page. The message is posted, but the thread stays where it is. Is there anyone who knows what's going on?

Yes there is a tech support type thing here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Tech-Team

You can either join the above group and throw the issue in chat or...

On the front page of the Escapist, there is a yellow box with "Notice a Bug" written in it. This will allow you to email the tech team.

I personally found the group to be a quicker way to fix my issue but in the tech teams defense, it was the weekend so the actual techies may have been gone and it was something a Mod was able to fix for me.

Confidingtripod:
umm, can you elaborate? it sounds like your saying when you post your post doesnt take the place of the origional poster...

though I may simply be missreading, so if its that your post isnt appearing, try refreshing, sometimes that helps if mine dont appear

I think what he's trying to say is that he posts, goes back to whatever forum discussion bit he's on, and the topic he just posted on isn't at the top where it should be.

As for solving it, I'm afraid I can't help as I have the same problem myself. See if the Tech Team can help you is my only advice, I would've done it myself but I'm not that bothered by it personally, it's just an oddity.

I've been told in the past that when I've seen my post remaining on the second page (despite having just replied to someone in it minutes before) that it does show up on the first page for others. The tech team knows all though.

I think I know what you mean OP. Give it a minute or two, I think the forum pages are getting cached for a bit, so the server cache just needs to be renewed.

Aye, sometimes the forums are very slow in updating.

Yeah it takes a while sometimes for your post to actually post. One easy way to tell: captcha suddenly shows up after you click post.

Do you think this will fix itself? Oh, here's a way to find out. See if this post bumps the thread.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked