Neil Strauss. The Game. Need input from others...

Edit - It's a book about helping anxiety ridden men like myself more confident around women.

To those who used his book and have personally undergone the challenge, I have a question. It says on Day 3 to "adopt the caveman method. Do not shower, do not shave". Now, I fully intend to do this and perform each exercise to my utmost, but....does this mean specifically tomorrow as soon as I wake up or does taking one the night before count as breaking the rule?

I know for a fact some of you have read this book...

Edit: Bump for clarification.

I am playing "The Game" by Neil Strauss. You do each mission in a book, each assignment, day by day.
At the end of Day 2 it says "Little hint for tomorrow. Read it the second you wake up. Do not shower, do not shave, do not check your e-mail".

You go to Day 3 and it says "Adopt the Caveman Hygiene method for today. No showering, no shaving. The reason will be explained tomorrow".

Would you, the people of the Escapist, say this applies to the night before? I am OCD as fuck. I need to shower at least tonight.

Bump. Because I need the advice. Badly.

Arsen:
Edit - It's a book about helping anxiety ridden men like myself more confident around women.

To those who used his book and have personally undergone the challenge, I have a question. It says on Day 3 to "adopt the caveman method. Do not shower, do not shave". Now, I fully intend to do this and perform each exercise to my utmost, but....does this mean specifically tomorrow as soon as I wake up or does taking one the night before count as breaking the rule?

I am playing "The Game" by Neil Strauss. You do each mission in a book, each assignment, day by day.
At the end of Day 2 it says "Little hint for tomorrow. Read it the second you wake up. Do not shower, do not shave, do not check your e-mail".

You go to Day 3 and it says "Adopt the Caveman Hygiene method for today. No showering, no shaving. The reason will be explained tomorrow".

Would you, the people of the Escapist, say this applies to the night before? I am OCD as fuck. I need to shower at least tonight.

Did you account for day 0?

That kind of pushes everything forward an extra day.

GigaHz:

Arsen:

I've done all the assignments up to Day 3. I just need the clarification is it means "do not shower the night before" or "from the morning of the third day on...". I am OCD. It's slightly painful. :P

Arsen:

GigaHz:

Arsen:

I've done all the assignments up to Day 3. I just need the clarification is it means "do not shower the night before" or "from the morning of the third day on...". I am OCD. It's slightly painful. :P

Yeah the wording is kind of fuzzy. I would interpret that as don't shower, shave or check your email tonight. I originally thought that it was the instructions for Day 3's morning, but it makes no mention of checking your email. That leads me to believe it's for tonight.

Hasn't that book been discredited? I thought it was infamous for giving really bad advice and training guys with surmountable relationship difficulties to be jerks.

If it really is advocating that you abandon hygiene, well, I might not have very much context to work with but that kinda supports the idea that it's full of shit.

GigaHz:

Arsen:

GigaHz:

Yeah the wording is kind of fuzzy. I would interpret that as don't shower, shave or check your email tonight. I originally thought that it was the instructions for Day 3's morning, but it makes no mention of checking your email. That leads me to believe it's for tonight.

Well, here is what it says in depth at the end of Day 2: Hint for Tomorrow: Be sure to read tomorrow's assignment the moment you wake up. Before you shave, shower, or check your e-mail.

Day 3: Adopt the Caveman Hygiene Method...
Do not shower or shave today.

Once again, no clarification as to whether it means to "not shower or shave" on Day 2 (I made it halfway through the assignments on Day 3, didn't have time to complete them all) or just do it solely on Day 3 (which will be tomorrow).

McMullen:
Hasn't that book been discredited? I thought it was infamous for giving really bad advice and training guys with surmountable relationship difficulties to be jerks.

If it really is advocating that you abandon hygiene, well, I might not have very much context to work with but that kinda supports the idea that it's full of shit.

It has worked for me so far. I am actually seeing results...

Arsen:

McMullen:

Get back to me if any of them morph into meaningful relationships. Like how at the end of the book he disregards everything because it doesn't work on the woman he actually falls for.
... assuming you got that far and aren't just treating it as a sodding casual sex bible.

Loop Stricken:

Arsen:

McMullen:

For what it's worth...I have received more receptive treatment from women as of late due to many reasons. It helps a 26 year old virgin with crippling anxiety the ability to get over his fears.

And thanks for telling me a portion of the ending, ass.

Get back to me if any of them morph into meaningful relationships. Like how at the end of the book he disregards everything because it doesn't work on the woman he actually falls for.
... assuming you got that far and aren't just treating it as a sodding casual sex bible.

Arsen:

Loop Stricken:

Arsen:

I'm sorry for not knowing that you hadn't read the book that you're asking about.

Loop Stricken:

Arsen:

Loop Stricken:

I'm sorry for not knowing that you hadn't read the book that you're asking about.

I'm not "reading" anything, I am doing the assignments. You don't read it the full length through. You do each assignment per each day.

Arsen:

Loop Stricken:

Arsen:

I'm not "reading" anything, I am doing the assignments. You don't read it the full length through. You do each assignment per each day.

... riiiiight.

Yes, you have fun with that.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked