53% (194)
53% (194)
Could be worse
24.6% (90)
24.6% (90)
No
13.4% (49)
13.4% (49)
I wish my name was: Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III
7.4% (27)
7.4% (27)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Are you happy with your real name?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

No, I wasn't. So when I turned eighteen I picked a new one.

Now yes. I had my name changed to my current one years ago. I loathed my birth name.

I like my name... it is the name of some guy that my mother and father thought was a very handsome person. Apparently he was also very kind and generous (so rich I guess) I don't know if they just liked the sound of the name or wanted me to be like him.

I'm fine with my first name, but not my surname. Main reason is because it's my fathers name and I hate my father. I'm gonna change it to my mothers when I get the chance.

Ryan is pretty good but I would rather Ash.

I'm not very happy about it, but it could be worse. My parents couldn't agree on a single name so they made some kind of a hybrid, i'm sick and tired of correcting people on how to spell my name, i just go along with whatever they think my name is, they usually mix up just one letter because that turns it into a very common name. Even today my boss was naming people to come with him to his office and he missspelled mine, i looked around and noone else stood up so i assumed he was calling for me, thankfully i was right.

Add just one letter into my surname and it becomes 'Champion.' I'm probably gonna change it to that legally, seeing as I already put it as Champion on all my social networking shiz.
And I like my first name too so 'tis all good.

Well. I quite like my first name. It's a Christian one and I'm an atheist, but then again there aren't really any 'atheist' names.

Slightly off topic but tangentially related:
If I ever have kids they'll probably be named after some of my personal heroes. Michael after Mikael Akerfeldt, the Opeth lead writer/singer. Then possibly either Joe or Jimmi, after Joe Duplantier from Gojira and Jimmi Hendrix. Then either Tosin or Orion, Tosin after Tosin Abasi and Orion 'cos I like the word.
Not that I'm actually planning to have that many kids.

My real name is Rebecca but I get called Becca by most people,shrug I like it well enough it's not super common and it wasn't when I was in school

It's sometimes a bit annoying that people always pronounce it wrong and I have to repeat it multiple times until they know how to say it properly but the name itself isn't a bad name, I like it.

Adolphus...

Somehow (Possibly through the British) it made it's way from the frozen waste of Sweden, down to sunny Jamaica. I'm Black, it's the same as my father's (The Jamaican). I think it was his fathers name as well, but I'm not sure.

It raises some eyebrows, but most be people get over it, and I did a long time ago. So I really have no issues with it. I've been told my full name sounds awesome when spoken out loud, one guy swears it sounds like a Greek God. Might be interesting to see reactions if I ever go to Europe.

It means Noble Wolf. I guess wolves are cool, but I don't know how noble I am.

BlackEagle95:
Adolphus...

Somehow (Possibly through the British) it made it's way from the frozen waste of Sweden, down to sunny Jamaica. I'm Black, it's the same as my father's (The Jamaican). I think it was his fathers name as well, but I'm not sure.

It raises some eyebrows, but most be people get over it, and I did a long time ago. So I really have no issues with it. I've been told my full name sounds awesome when spoken out loud, one guy swears it sounds like a Greek God. Might be interesting to see reactions if I ever go to Europe.

It means Noble Wolf. I guess wolves are cool, but I don't know how noble I am.

There are Greek Gods called things like Apollo and Athena and Artemis so I guess it's fairly similar. But yeah. If you do go to Europe it'll probably raise even more eyebrows, could be worth introducing yourself as Adam if you ever find yourself in a less friendly area.

I love being called Adam, no-one I know can think of a piss-take version of it, the best they've come up with is Adamantium, y'know, that stuff Wolverine has on his bones, but it's so easy with my friends names.

While my name could be better, I like it and I feel it fits me.

I mean "Twin Free Man Sneak Thief"? How awesome is that?

Chris Tester and happy with it. Better than what my mother wanted to call me...Caellum (shudder, don't like it, no offense to anyone named Caellum)

Yeah, I think I got a pretty good deal with mine (Guillermo). Growing up in southern Mississippi, I never encountered another person with that name in my schools, so everyone who had a class with me pretty much remembered my name after they learned it.

I don't like my first name. It has too many syllables and is an overtly Christian name. In fact, it's the word "Christian" but with the last two letters swapped around. I suppose my surname is alright. It means 'goat' in my language and, well, I like goats. They're pretty neat.

I'm pretty satisfied with my name, though mine and my sister's name is similar.

my name is so common where I live it is ridiculous.

EDIT: Also I am a JR.....bleh.

Personally, I love my first name. It does occasionally cause problems (it's "Lee", so whenever someone says a word that ends in "ly", I always think someone is calling me if I'm not paying attention), but overall, I'd never think of changing it.

And hell, I've even got my own theme song because of it:

Would much prefer the first name 'Mobius'
God, that name is awesome.

Kaleion:
Not really, it sounds like somebody mispronounced another name and the fact that it has a typo in it is kind of annoying and the pet name by which people call me sounds feminine which is annoying don't like what it means either, but at least most people don't call me by my name, they normally refer to me the same way you would refer to someone whose name you don't know like "hey you" and all those things you say to avoid saying a name, I actually prefer it that way.

If I may be so bold, what IS your name?

I quite like my name, the spelling for it is also original

Quiet Stranger:

Kaleion:
Not really, it sounds like somebody mispronounced another name and the fact that it has a typo in it is kind of annoying and the pet name by which people call me sounds feminine which is annoying don't like what it means either, but at least most people don't call me by my name, they normally refer to me the same way you would refer to someone whose name you don't know like "hey you" and all those things you say to avoid saying a name, I actually prefer it that way.

If I may be so bold, what IS your name?

I quite like my name, the spelling for it is also original

-Post was deleted by user, yes I answered that question-

My first name is very common but I actually quite like it so I guess I am happy with it. I was nearly Alexis, though. I'd have bloody loved that name.

Not too fond of my first name really. It's Simon, so I was pretty much doomed to my geeky fate from birth. still there aren't too many black people with my name out there so that's different I suppose.

First name I have no problem with. Last name I was picked on for and is commonly misspelled on all sorts of things.

So I'd like to change it, but I would give myself a long time inbetween wanting to do that and actually doing that. So that way I don't make a hasty mistake

I used to think my name (Colin) was just terribly bland, but as I've grown and built up my own, stronger identity and all that good stuff I've also grown to like it. I took it back, so to speak, and made it fit me.

I didn't realise how much I liked James until people started calling me 'Jim' outta fucking nowhere.

I can't get them to stop, either.

But my last name's still cool. McCoull. Especially since everyone pronounces it wrong and says it like "cool" anyway.

Nope. My name is neigh-unpronounceable in any other language other than Dutch which, I think, is pretty bloody stupid. I mean, what if I want to leave this place? Thanks parents, for making British folks constantly confused about how to pronounce Bas.

NOOOOOOOOOO

My first name is Justin

I hate it >.<

it's so plain
I want something different!
*grumble grubmle*

In the future I'll see about changing my name to Easton Dark, then I'll be really, really happy with my name. But for now? Could be worse.

I don't give my real name if I don't have to.
It helps that my some of my friends started calling me 'Bazza' and it devolved into 'Barry'.
But I've been told I "look like a Harry", someone calls me David and some total prick calls me William. My name.
I prefer saying I'm James though, because I really should have been called that (it's a family name). But really, I just pick a name from all the ones I know when I introduce myself. So a conversation would be:
"Hi, I'm -name-. You are..."
"Uh... Freddie."
"Cool."

My name is Amber. :) And although I wasn't that fond of it at first, I grew to like it. Especially when Tom says it in his Black Country(British) accent. :3

My name is Eliot, spelt exactly that way. Sure it is annoying as people often either try to or just misspell my name. Other than that it is an interesting name that few people have. Furthermore, I think it is a very nice name. I like my middle names as they are Grandfathers names and I feel that it is important to retain strong family names.

Yes. I was named after my Grandfather who I like. Ironically it means "To bear Christ in one heart". Being atheist it is a bit weird to hear this.

I like my name - it's native to Scotland and not too many people have it, although in the last few years I've met quite a few children with the same name, which was weird. :D
It doesn't have a real meaning though, so I guess that's pretty disappointing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked