If you could nuke a country?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Corporal Yakob:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!

I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud, even f I'm not German myself xD

OT: Hrrrm. Does it have to be a nuke? Could it just be a 'remove them from existence' kind of thing, I.e. Not earth-destroying? If so, Ireland.

Because seriously, more land for the rest of Britain >:D

If I had to launch a nuclear strike the Vatican City will be the obvious one.

Though saying that the US, but we will evacuate all of the smart people first, and integrate them in to the UK, Australia and Canada. While the corrupted government, will be blown sky high.

Carrots_macduff:
oh internet, you so good. what would i do without you. if anyone can direct me to somewhere else i can find more casual discussions of genocide, please by all means! seriously why does this exist? what nation would i like to destroy? really? wtf people

As much as I am open for free discussion, I have to agree with you. I find nothing productive are even interesting coming from this thread.

All this thread will do is create hostility and flaming.

Edit: Case point, the post above this one.

Antarctica

why you ask? well if i live in a world where i deemed responsible enough with nuclear weaponry i want to take out everything i can...

and it will be interesting to see if our predictions of rising sea levels where spot on

Corporal Yakob:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!

To be fair, Germany kind of fucked shit up for France and they didn't want it to happen again. You should nuke the US for trying to turn Germany into an agrarian country. Yeah, you'd only have agricultural output; wheat and daisies for you.

The Treaty of Versailles still was a real scumbag move though.

OT: I'd probably go for the US. I'm not a fan of your right wing politics that are veering towards fascism. Britain also needs to stop humping your leg, once you're gone it might stop doing that.

Nothing personal, it's just how genocide goes.

Carrots_macduff:
oh internet, you so good. what would i do without you. if anyone can direct me to somewhere else i can find more casual discussions of genocide, please by all means! seriously why does this exist? what nation would i like to destroy? really? wtf people

Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it. It doesn't matter if it's ridiculous, the idea is how you go about your answer - maybe if you say "I wouldn't." you'd fail because you didn't comply with the initial premise (remember "you have to"), maybe the interviewers want to just see how you construct your answer, maybe they want to see if you have any obvious prejudices.

So, yeah, it's not actually an "Internet only" question.

The Divided Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, because its ironically just the thing we need to shake things up a bit and unite the populace.

Well, someone did say be mad and sadistic about it.

Bit of a sick question, isn't it?

Meh. I guess I'd toss a coin: Heads for China and tails for the USA. The global political scene needs a bit of shaking up.

DoPo:

Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it.

What is this an interview question for?

Every interview I have ever had has only had hypothetical questions that relate to the job or what ever thing I was being interviewed for. Even the psych profile questionnaires only relate to the thing being interviewed for.

Why doom a single country when i can nuke Mars, dooming the human race to wallow in its filth until the sun swallows the earth? :D

EDIT: or at least until someone in this thread actually decides to go to town on their chosen country.

I thought nuclear weapons stop being cool around the age of 10.

Schizocorpse:

MammothBlade:
I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.

I'm sorry, your uneducated onesidedness makes it impossible to take you seriously.

And replace Christian with <religious person>, w/e.

Thanks, I needed the laugh.

OT: I'd nuke Wales, just to make NeonBob happy. :D

I wish we could go for just cities, then it would be Pyongyang no question. Nothing but leeches there. Same goes for the Vatican.
But since we're doing actual countries I'd choose Texas, because there is no way in hell I'm even going to consider the possibility of another president from that ass-backwards oversized oil refinery.

MammothBlade:

Schizocorpse:

MammothBlade:

Oh, I'm uneducated because I believe (with plenty of legitimate evidence) that Israel is responsible for atrocities against Palestinians? Do explain what I got wrong.

"genocidal shenanigans in the name of its persecution complex"

Be less of an idiot, read some neutral articles about the history of that area and try again.

I did. Too bad for Israel, no amount of spin can defend a land grab of this magnitude:

I'd grant you the last one because that IS Israel trying to squeeze out the Palestinians. As for the first one, that was assigned by the U.N. The next one was the result of the entire Middle East coming down on them literally the day after the country was founded. As I say about the Germans, If you start a war (just so we're clear i'm referring to WW2) you have no right to complain when it doesn't go your way. And I'd want the Sinai and the Golan Heights between me and the people who wanted to murder my family to.

Erm, China or India I guess just because they freak me out with the amount of people they have there.

Learn to keep it in your trousers then we won't have such a problem....

I can't nuke Palestine because it's not even a real country. (there, I said it - come at me, bros)

Just nuke? That's ridiculous. I would definitely nuke the US because I could get away with it, but not destroy it. Then just invade the country.

Partially because I am jealous of the second amendment and I would defy the populace with a defeated army to surrender their weapons. "Oh, so you want to give me an excuse to shoot civilians and not be accused of war crimes? What do your puny little bullets do against my tanks? You should have also learned how to make explosives!"

I'd be doing a favor to those "preppers"and "SHTF" fanatics.

Jazoni89:
[and all the inbred rednecks will be blown sky high.

That is just hateful as saying "all n-words need to die".

Seriously. What did rednecks do to you? They are probably the last kind of people to give you any trouble.

Just leave them alone because they leave us alone too.

I would very much like to nuke America, but first I would like to evacuate the important people... Like Lauren Faust, a collection of scientists and more... But since that was not agreed upon...

I would very much like to nuke... Wait! Can I nuke a state? No? Damn it, Hawaii survives still... What about a contintent? No? Damn it, Africa survives aswell.

If I can nuke any country, I would very much like to nuke... North Korea! Yes North Korea needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Somalia... That shit aint savable no more...!

Although to be honest, i'd rather just eliminate Al-Shabab, in a Mars Attacks style, leaving no trace... That would be better than polluting the air in a region that has enough problems!

ElPatron:
I can't nuke Palestine because it's not even a real country. (there, I said it - come at me, bros)

Just nuke? That's ridiculous. I would definitely nuke the US because I could get away with it, but not destroy it. Then just invade the country.

Partially because I am jealous of the second amendment and I would defy the populace with a defeated army to surrender their weapons. "Oh, so you want to give me an excuse to shoot civilians and not be accused of war crimes? What do your puny little bullets do against my tanks? You should have also learned how to make explosives!"

I'd be doing a favor to those "preppers"and "SHTF" fanatics.

Jazoni89:
[and all the inbred rednecks will be blown sky high.

That is just hateful as saying "all n-words need to die".

Seriously. What did rednecks do to you? They are probably the last kind of people to give you any trouble.

Just leave them alone because they leave us alone too.

Nothing to me personally, but all I know about them is most US citizens hate them. It's kinda like gypsies here in the UK, and they are scorn like hell, evident of the thread I made on here a while back.

Please take what I say with a fistful of salt though, I mean no offence or death on to anyone, the thread needs a answer, and so I answered. It's just a bit of fun, just with some added black humour, and satire courtesy of me. Obviously not all of it goes down well though, as you point out.

I don't really care which country I destroy. I just want a worldwide broadcast of me saying, "Dammit, I missed!" afterward.

I wouldn't nuke a country. Seeing as how there's millions of innocent people in every country.

If I can't pick either of those 2, I'd evacuate them, as well as the near by countries, and bomb an adjacent one. Let the fallout make that whole area uninhabitable. No land, no fight over land. As a bonus, with the elimination of a large portion of the world's oil supply, maybe we could finally get some sustainable electric options.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
France. Because fuck them.

Seriously though, none.

Almost shat myself at the first sentence; I was all like "JESUS!"
I guess Sudan or North Korea if I HAD to choose.

New Zealand - I heard that a nuke is the only true way to destroy the One Ring.

Jazoni89:
Nothing to me personally, but all I know about them is most US citizens hate them.

They don't hate them. Specially when you can say that at least 1 third of America is composed by rednecks.

They are not a different race, they are not a different culture (although you can label things as "redneck", but that's just like Metal genres - it's still Metal, like it or not).

"Gypsy" is to many a synonym of people that by following their culture don't abide by social norms. Rednecks abide the law, social norms, and don't commit crimes.

This guy is a redneck.

And yet he looks a lot like me. I don't act that differently from him. Damn, I even use the same style of clothes.

Americans don't hate rednecks.

This is a heck of dark hypothetical, I dont think I can go along with this one - this is just sick =/

Snip

Sonic Doctor:

DoPo:

Actually that is a real interview question you can get. "If you had to nuke [or maybe "destroy" or "erase"] one country which one would it be?" They place you in a hypothetical situation and see how you handle it.

What is this an interview question for?

Every interview I have ever had has only had hypothetical questions that relate to the job or what ever thing I was being interviewed for. Even the psych profile questionnaires only relate to the thing being interviewed for.

It's for anything really. For whenever the interviewers want to toss you a curve ball. Other hypothetical (and ridiculous question) include but are not limited to "If you had to be a colour, which one would you be and why?"[1], "What animal do you want to be?", "If you know you could see in the future would you do it or not and why?"[2], "What is your favourite type of cookie?"[3], "If you could save a loved one by [insert significant hindrance here] would you do it?" or "If you knew the world will end tomorrow, what would you do?". Alternatively, they may straight toss you a paradox "If an unstoppable force hits an immovable object, what would happen?"[4]

[1] Not race related but an actual colour
[2] Usually it's doing some kind of action, say "by drinking this glass of water".
[3] OK, not really hypothetical but nothing to do with the job.
[4] The correct answer is: "The existence of "unstoppable force" denies the existence of an "immovable object" and vice-versa. You can have only one of the two, hence the question is wrong."

Seeing as Palestine isn't a real country, I would have to go with Iran.

North Korea. I'd drop a little nuclear bomb somewhere important and see how they'd react. I'm a sucker for strong reactions!

This is a bad thread.

You're either asking people to jokingly and arbitrarily name a country without having good reasons (in which case the responses are meaningless), or you're asking them to be serious and have good reasons and prove they're a complete fucking lunatic.

You might as well have asked, "Which ethnic group would you like to cleanse?"

according to hearts of iron 3.. i nuked london, moscow, san franciso, los angeles, new york and washington DC last game

well if for some inane reason I absolutely had to use a nuke, like the world will be destroyed or some crap (even then I'd hesitate, I hate nukes) I would nuke america, they nuked Japan, I only feel it fair that they get a taste of the destruction they wrought, with what? a single megaton, no, about two, they dropped two nukes didn't they, anyways, it's an ungodly amount of destruction I wouldn't wish upon anyone in normal circumstances, and most abnormal circumstances

I'd establish a small 'country' somewhere on the surface of Luna. And then I'd nuke it.
For science.
Because I'd like to see what would happen if you shot a nuke at our moon. It'd likely just give the topography a slight makeover and leave a bit of radiation lying about, but you've got to admit: it'd be a fantastic spectacle.

dobahci:
This is a bad thread.

You're either asking people to jokingly and arbitrarily name a country without having good reasons (in which case the responses are meaningless), or you're asking them to be serious and have good reasons and prove they're a complete fucking lunatic.

Who haven't fantasized about nuking a country? I surely have. I'm really curious as to what would have happened next. Probably WW3 if the country was important.

dobahci:
This is a bad thread.

I agree with this so completely. Anyone who seriously is thinking about casually committing that scale of death and is not in a Cold War scenario is insane or evil.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked