If you could nuke a country?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I wouldn't nuke anyone yet. I would demand a nice abandoned island and millions of dollars for a top notch research facility and gather all the world's top scientists on this neutral island in the hopes that we might actually get some shit done without stupid politicians intervening. Then I would hold the nuke as a safety measure to prevent invasion by anyone.

None, one more wasteland fucked for a few centuries.

Every single country and city in the world, and Antarctica for good measure.
Let it all burn and have a good laugh while we ate at it.

Seriously this thread is the most hate laden, biggot filled and sickening thread I have ever read. Ans I browse /b/ on 4chan.

probably the ukraine. it's my homeland and i love it, but it's gotten too big for its britches.
a russian ukraine or no ukraine at all.

Nuke one country retaliation free? I would nuke one with a large enough stockpile of nuclear weapons in the hope that it might create a cascading effect setting off other Nuclear warheads in proximity, and maybe if just lucky enough the damage would seep over their borders into another country with Nukes, and that would provoke a retaliation of its own.

Go big or go home bitches.

Why the US of course! Oh don't give me that look, I'm not a big fan of you guys. There are probably countries out there that deserve a good nuking more, but I just want to wipe everything between Canada and Mexico off the map (Alaska can stay).

If I'm given a nuke, I'm keeping that thing locked up. Heck, I would erect a country to hide the nuke!

A nuke would be the best political leverage available, better than a Hillary Clinton, Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi combined.

Tragically, having nukes essentially means you have an actual say in world affairs. If you look at it that way, can you really blame all those countries (that aren't in the G8) for trying to get them.

I would nuke Antarctica of course!

snagli:
Why the US of course! Oh don't give me that look, I'm not a big fan of you guys. There are probably countries out there that deserve a good nuking more, but I just want to wipe everything between Canada and Mexico off the map (Alaska can stay).

Are you sure about Alaska? I mean, thats where Sarah Palin 'descended' from. I don't know about you, but Sarah Palin is probably as close to Jar Jar Binks as a human can get. Who knows what kind of creatures are breeding up there. (shivers)

I'd create a roullete table labled with all the nations of the world. Give it a spin, drop in a ball and wait for the result.

As a side project, I would also offer bets on who would get the bombing...I'd make a killing.

darksakul:

If you start wearing white pancake makeup, I'm getting the shotgun...

Sougo:

snagli:

Are you sure about Alaska? I mean, thats where Sarah Palin 'descended' from. I don't know about you, but Sarah Palin is probably as close to Jar Jar Binks as a human can get. Who knows what kind of creatures are breeding up there. (shivers)

True, but destroying Alaska would require additional, more precise nuclear strikes, to make sure Canada doesn't get hit. Too much of a hassle. I'll just make sure to strap Sarah Palin to a nuke, much easier.

Aztlan, because those dudes will sacrifice you on an altar to their sun-god to ensure "bigger profit margins"...

...WHADDYA MEAN THEY DON'T EXIST?!

Seriously. I hold the nukes in reserve as a retaliatory option.
Why? Because you can't "uninvent" the nuke without undoing civilization as we know it.

DoPo:

Razada:
This thread is akin to asking "If you could put the people of any given nation into a camp similar to Auschwitz, what would you do?"

A cake? I can make a cake.

But I see how that isn't as funny.

CAKE IS SRS BSNS.

Pics or it aint real. In short, take a picture of a cake you have made or I refuse to believe that you can make cake! Although it would be EVEN BETTER if you could SEND me the cake you have made.

darksakul:

Seriously this thread is the most hate laden, biggot filled and sickening thread I have ever read. Ans I browse /b/ on 4chan.

I am sorry, but we cannot continue to ignore the penguin menace of Antarctica!

I hate those bastards from the bottom of my heart! They killed my mother!

the world would be better off without those damned little tuxedos >: [

Iran. Not that I hate the people, but the Iranian Government is enough to make me wanna bomb them.

Otherwise, none.

Nobody. Because I literally can't think of anyone who'd be deserving of something of that magnitude. I'd hypothetically seize control of an array of silos only to have it be dismantled and turned into regular grain silos or whatever underground installations would be useful.

Sure, there's plenty of people I don't agree with, and some ongoing political feuds I'm sick of. Would I kill anyone over them? Hell, no. I'm lacking every single bit of info a reasonably informed head of state should have to make a judgment call of that nature.

I'd get the smallest country in the world, remove all the people and animals, put it on Pluto with all of the nukes and set it all off.

We should all nuke the whales. @ least that's what I'm told.

In all seriousness I'm gonna ignore the OP and say Israel. There amount of war crimes committed against the Palestinians is shocking. And it sickens me how the US stays buddy buddy with them turning a blind eye to these heinous acts. Get rid of Israel or @ least knock them down several pegs and a lot of the trouble in the Middle East gets cured.

Probably already been said, but China. 2 billion people no longer breathing air and eating food would go a long way toward easing some of our bigger (ie humanity spanning) problems.

While certainly a tempting thought, I would probably never do it.
I can't speak for anyone else, but the guilt would destroy me. I'd most likely measure the pros and cons, come up with the most efficient use of a nuclear weapon, use it, and then be stricken with regret for the rest of my life that I'd never be able to atone for. To me, the thought of me directly destroying the lives of countless people, people who have families and friends, hopes and dreams, is absolutely horrifying.

Perhaps I'd try to rationalize it, say "It was for the better", but deep down I'd never be able to forgive myself.

France. Stuck up, smug useless bastards.

Maybe start acting more politely and show some respect and I will reconsider.

Um, Antarctica. I say we get those green fellows and people who don't care to quit arguing by destroying the ice caps, raising the sea level, and screwing us over in a matter of days rather than centuries. :D

considering the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the fallout I wouldn't use it

Chalacachaca:
Russia, that way I'd activate the Doomsday Machine that would nuke the whole planet.

I'd tackle you just so that i could be "fighting in the war room".

OT: i'd nuke dem whales before they obtain nuclear weapons themselves.

Go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki as I have done, and listen to survivors and people who still bear the scars of nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons testing, and then make a stupid thread like this one.

TheBoulder:
South Africa. Seriously, that country is a shithole and the world would be better off without it.

I live in South Africa and I actually agree with you. Sure, nuking it would kill me in the process but it would be for the greater good... at least in my opinion.

Australia. Nothing against the people there, all the Australians I've met have been wonderful people. However, it is a well known fact that every creature in that country was designed to brutally murder every other creature. Therefore, I would evacuate it well in advance and see to it that all of the Australian citizens received due compensation before nuking the hell out of it.

Necron_warrior:

Corporal Yakob:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!

I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud, even f I'm not German myself xD

OT: Hrrrm. Does it have to be a nuke? Could it just be a 'remove them from existence' kind of thing, I.e. Not earth-destroying? If so, Ireland.

Because seriously, more land for the rest of Britain >:D

Me neither (technically British citizen despite being born in Germany) but hooray for pan-German nationalism!

The Unworthy Gentleman:

Corporal Yakob:
France.

Inflict the Treaty of Versailles on Germany eh!?! I'll show you!!!

To be fair, Germany kind of fucked shit up for France and they didn't want it to happen again. You should nuke the US for trying to turn Germany into an agrarian country. Yeah, you'd only have agricultural output; wheat and daisies for you.

The Treaty of Versailles still was a real scumbag move though.

OT: I'd probably go for the US. I'm not a fan of your right wing politics that are veering towards fascism. Britain also needs to stop humping your leg, once you're gone it might stop doing that.

Nothing personal, it's just how genocide goes.

Oh I realise that and understand the motives behind the victor's justice but my sympathy for the Reich screams for vengence against the French!

Flame bait thread.

So much so that OP had to edit his post so people would stop going after specific countries.
Are you mods useless, or do you really just not care?

Heronblade:
Do I get to redefine the term nation? If so, the collective dangerous extremists (regardless of what particular ideology they are so passionate about) of the world get to kiss their arse goodbye.

If not, nothing at all. There are countries in the world I feel we would be better off without, but none of them are so threatening that it makes up for the massive collateral damage in innocent lives.

This, I'd rather Take out the worst of the worst in place thousands of innocent lives as collateral damage.

problem with 'nuking', is that effects everything in it, beyond simply the people.

As much as I'd like for whole races of people to disappear with as little trace as possible... wiping out the local plants, animals, mammals, and pretty much making the place uninhabitable for years / centuries would be too negative a result to be taken casually.

Tubez:

IamQ:

Aeshi:
Sweden, the only things that have slithered out of that miserable hole are Pirates, "SWE?" brats and open-source using kneejerks who believe "the man" is hiding all the cancer cures because they somehow make money off it

I've been thinking and thinking, and I can't honestly deduce whether you're being serious or not. I mean, do you honestly think that those three things are the only things that come out of Sweden? And because of those things, we deserve to be nuked?

In that case, maybe I'll just remind you of some good Swedish things, game related even, since this is a gaming site mainly, that you seem to have missed.

Battlefield/Mirrors Edge: Swedish
Just Cause: Swedish
Amnesia/Prenumbra: Swedish
Syndicate (2012): Swedish
Minecraft: Swedish
The Darkness(2007): Swedish

Well.. You got to agree that SWE? is quite annoying..

I'm sorry, but I've actually never encountered it. The closest to that I've gotten, is hungarians saying "Magyar vagy?" back in 2007 when I played WoW.

Saudi Arabia - Mecca

Its been awhile since we have had a good srs biznes holy war.

Normally I'd say Jerusalem because the fallout would be bigger, Israel would go apeshit nuclear on everything within 1000 miles. But Mecca will have to do since the OP is a baby.

snagli:
Why the US of course! Oh don't give me that look, I'm not a big fan of you guys.

So your plan is to victimize us so that we regain the worlds support? You're too kind.

snagli:
(Alaska can stay).

Indeed if I was to pick one place in the US to save it would definitely be the homeland of Sarah Palin.

TopazFusion:

Caleco:
DAMN IT YOU F*CKERS

So I click on a thread, and get insulted straight away.
The Escapist has certainly reached a new low.

Caleco:
Although I must say this has been hands down my most successful post so...thanks guys!

It's common knowledge that flame-bait threads always do well on the Escapist.
Congrats, you learned something.

You know what? Usually I would answer with a witty/screw you comment but I think your completely right. The insult was targeted to the ones who did use Israel and Palestine but you had every right to be offended (although you really shouldn't). And as for the Escapist you can't set it to a "whole new low" because one of it's topics is not as innocent or intellectual as it can be. As for flame-bait threads you are right I did learn that they attract a lot of emotion and responses but isn't that to be expected in a forum that can include anything but gaming? When you have the topic gaming usually you can only take 2 to 3 sides at maximum but here topics can expand to "Are you a proponent to Kantian ethics" versus a topics like "TRIPLEZ C*NTED HOOKERS?? 4 OR AGAINSTTT?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked