If you could nuke a country?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

snagli:

Kingsman:

snagli:

Oh, you misunderstand. There isn't going to be anything left to victimize, I want to leave a big gap where the States used to be. I'm sure you can disintegrate a country if you just throw evough nukes at it.

I will laugh for the rest of my damnation in hell at this if Britain ends up being devoured by its many, many enemies because it no longer has an American military to defend it.

Psh, who cares about Britain. I'll just stay in Amsterdam and watch them get devoured. If they come after the rest of the EU, I'll just move on to Canada.

Well-played.

poiumty:

Smithburg:
Forget countries, I'd nuke the moon, knock it back a few miles, have it pull harder so the waves get bigger, then go surf. Fuck yeah

How would the moon's pull intensify the further away it is? That's the opposite of how gravity works.

I was wonderng if anyone was gonna catch that XD

MammothBlade:

Schizocorpse:

MammothBlade:

Israel. There, I said it. I'm sick and tired of its genocidal shenanigans in the name of its persecution complex. (You don't want people to nuke either of those countries, don't make threads about this sort of thing at all...)

You're so horribly misguided you could be a christian. Wow.

I'm sorry, what? Why a Christian in particular? Let's see you say that about Jews or Muslims.

I happen to be none of those. Just a concerned "citizen" aware of exactly the sorts of inhumane abuses perpetrated by Israel. Not that I would actually call for it to be nuked, that would kill innocent people too. As would nuking any country.

/DERAILING THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD/
OP: If I were to have the opportunity to nuke a nation, I would choose Russia, if only to somehow recreate Roadside Picnic, minus the aliens.

Jean Hag:
Luxembourg, half a million people, your point is invalid.
USA, Columbia District.
Nuke Washington DC, with a specific target on the highest concentraion of republican representatives and supporters.

That would be Texas you were supposed to aim at.

Whoever launches at the US first. I'm not of the type that just up and nukes X country just because I disagree with them. This world is plenty big enough, so unless they want to try to nuke us I'm not going to nuke them. These weapons are far too powerful to be used for saber-rattling, and honestly the US has already gotten into enough trouble by sticking it's dick into the affairs of countries half a world away. So, uhh, yeah. I'd just toss that nuke in the closet for now.

That being said I feel sorry for the poor dumb bastard that does launch a nuke at the US, because if I had the button on my desk I would not stop until their ENTIRE country, and I mean literally every square inch, was radioactive. Suffice it to say Bethesda could use the stock footage as a demonstration of what the Great War of 2077 would look like.

TestECull:
Whoever launches at the US first. I'm not of the type that just up and nukes X country just because I disagree with them. This world is plenty big enough, so unless they want to try to nuke us I'm not going to nuke them. These weapons are far too powerful to be used for saber-rattling, and honestly the US has already gotten into enough trouble by sticking it's dick into the affairs of countries half a world away. So, uhh, yeah. I'd just toss that nuke in the closet for now.

That being said I feel sorry for the poor dumb bastard that does launch a nuke at the US, because if I had the button on my desk I would not stop until their ENTIRE country, and I mean literally every square inch, was radioactive. Suffice it to say Bethesda could use the stock footage as a demonstration of what the Great War of 2077 would look like.

Or perhaps that conflict IS the 2077 Great War?
mindfuck.
achieved.

TheIronRuler:

TestECull:

Or perhaps that conflict IS the 2077 Great War?
mindfuck.
achieved.

Nah. The Great War of 2077 was NOT consequence free by any stretch. Every country launched everything at every other country. The OP gives us one consequence-free country to bomb, so there would be no consequence to nuking the fuck out of whoever opted to nuke us first.

Tanner The Monotone:
I would nuke the country dumb enough to allow me to nuke another country of my choosing.

Thank you. I agree whole heartedly.

Durgiun:
Canada. As I understand, BioWare is from there and I want to hear the screams of a million fanboys.

What the fuck man =|
If you're going to kill Edmontonians (where BioWare is at) then I'll help ya, even I don't like them. But don't nuke them >.>

Nuke the Wales, perhaps...? No.

In jest, I might say Canada, some traumatising shock and awe might do us some good in the end, make people grow the fuck up. It also seems less morally objectionable to randomly nuke one's own countymen, no subsequent wars, etc.

If someone had a gun to my head and forced me to choose I would go for the country most isolated/least densely populated. Iceland? Greenland? Mongolia?

Why, Denmark, of course. Yes, it's inconveniently close, but you know...

Danskjävlar!!

Another potential target would be the Vatican. Unfortunatly, it's right in the middle of Rome. It'd have to be a rather small nuke. If it's laser-guided down Mr. Pope's chimney during the night with less tourists (and hopefully less random clerks and guards) about, perhaps it could be pulled off without too much collateral.

A third would be some remote location in Antartica, so that I could observe it. Would be even better if it co-incided with a birthday party or a wedding or some other celebration. Now, that firework would be talked about for -years!-

I'd obviously nuke Isra-

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE!

Oh, in that case I guess I'd nuke North Korea.

I can't think of a country I actually dislike, let alone want to nuke, but I'll go with France, just because I'm British, granted the fallout would poison Britain as well, but goddam at least those Frenchies'd go down first!

The Netherlands. Live under the sea level will you? Fuck you tulip loving, wooden foot, dope smoking, orange wearing bastards.

7 pages, and noone wants to bomb Norway... "Operation Lutefisk" has been a major success! Anyway...

I don't want to bomb anything.

But if I really had to, it would be America. I'm sick of all the arrogant shit they do and say, how they rename things that doesn't fit into their backwards (lack of) culture (see: football <-- Americans call this "soccer", and named their own sport, armpit-egg, "football")

Also, they really need to stop using that dumb imperial measuring system.

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE!

Sorry, what the hell makes them special?

Realistically, I wouldn't nuke anyone. It's fucking terrible, and it's hard to imagine circumstances in this day and age when a nuclear strike would be appropriate. But, if we're just idly speculating here...

I'd nuke Isreal and Palestine. And North Korea (it'd be a mercy killing for all their citizens anyway). Iran goes in the "maybe" pile.

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE! I'm sick and tired of that argument but that being said what country would you nuke only one WITHOUT ANY RETALIATION! I know that there are sh*ton of nukes out there but just make a country dispear...POOF!

Okay, I don't want to judge people, but do you realize that you are fantasizing about killing thousands of people? And you do this in public on the web?

Higgs303:

If someone had a gun to my head and forced me to choose I would go for the country most isolated/least densely populated. Iceland? Greenland? Mongolia?

lol Mongolia? There are millions of people there and this is a country with big history and heritage.

This is sick and selfish, but I'd opt for either China or India. This is assuming I absolutely have to nuke a country. The problem is that these countries have a huge amount of people and will probably get nuked one of these days anyways. That concentration of people breeds disease and social problems that could potentially affect us all. It would also maximize the amount of people instantly vaporized, rather than the countries that are more spread out, causing people to slowly die of burns and radiation sickness.

Japan might be an even better choice geographically. Consider their recent meltdown, where the fallout mostly went over the ocean and didn't affect neighboring countries.

Rheinmetall:

Higgs303:

lol Mongolia? There are millions of people there and this is a country with big history and heritage.

Mongolia's 2011 census estimates a population of 2,754,685. It seems like a big piece of real-estate for such a small popualtion. Many sources say it has one of the lowest ratios of people per square km in the world.
http://geography.about.com/od/lists/a/leastdense.htm
http://www.aneki.com/sparsely.html

The mountainous regions might prevent radiation from spreading to some extent as well.

Every country has a big history and heritage, who is to say which is more important. I was only going by potential human loss, I have nothing against Mongolia.

It depends on where the reapers land.

Rheinmetall:

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE! I'm sick and tired of that argument but that being said what country would you nuke only one WITHOUT ANY RETALIATION! I know that there are sh*ton of nukes out there but just make a country dispear...POOF!

Okay, I don't want to judge people, but do you realize that you are fantasizing about killing thousands of people? And you do this in public on the web?

Not killing just never existed

Vuljatar:

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE!

Realistically, I wouldn't nuke anyone. It's fucking terrible, and it's hard to imagine circumstances in this day and age when a nuclear strike would be appropriate. But, if we're just idly speculating here...

I'd nuke Isreal and Palestine. And North Korea (it'd be a mercy killing for all their citizens anyway). Iran goes in the "maybe" pile.

I love the way you start off as a good willed citizen then you go on saying it would be ok to kill of millions of people because they would want it? Really? At least say it's cause you hate dem darn strangers arrggg. And not because it would be a mercy killing. Not that I am supporting any kind of mass murder I'm just curious to know which country people want gone and why

BristolBerserker:
My answer would be France. Reason = I'm English.

England. Reason= I'm French

Caleco:

Vuljatar:

Caleco:
NO ISRAEL OR PALESTINE!

I love the way you start off as a good willed citizen then you go on saying it would be ok to kill of millions of people because they would want it? Really? At least say it's cause you hate dem darn strangers arrggg. And not because it would be a mercy killing. Not that I am supporting any kind of mass murder I'm just curious to know which country people want gone and why

"If we're just idly speculating here"... jesus, it's like nobody on this forum can read.

I would rather die than live like they do in North Korea. Wouldn't you?

I'd nuke India, because of the massive increase of the population that just continues to grow. And I know, China also has this problem, but they have a one child limit. India will in a couple of years be the country with the largest population in the world, destroying Mother Earth quicker than ever, and then you'll all be sorry we didn't erase a billion innocent people.

Vuljatar:

"If we're just idly speculating here"... jesus, it's like nobody on this forum can read.

I would rather die than live like they do in North Korea. Wouldn't you?

Does anyone have a truly accurate, non-political account of how people live in N.Korea. I doubt any who can comment here have actually been/lived there, and the information that does get across their border is spotty at best. After actually seeing how Cubans live day to day with my own eyes, I can say many of claims regarding conditions in Cuba are wildly exaggerated/politically motivated. Things there aren't good, but they aren't bad either.

Metalhandkerchief:
7 pages, and noone wants to bomb Norway... "Operation Lutefisk" has been a major success! Anyway...

But if I really had to, it would be America. I'm sick of all the arrogant shit they do and say, how they rename things that doesn't fit into their backwards (lack of) culture (see: football <-- Americans call this "soccer", and named their own sport, armpit-egg, "football")

I agree with you to some extent, the Americans have this silly way of being retarded things from time to time. But they aren't all dumb idiots. I mean, they invented the doorbell. That's something, huh?

I'm not actually sure, so lemme use this this method in order to simplify things...

We take the worst plot of land in the world and place all the worst PEOPLE in it under the guise of a worldwide thought experiment, to see how long they can stand each other as their own country. Then, about half an hour into the experiment, blow it up!

Redlin5:
None. Knowing that modern nuclear weapons are much more powerful than the ones used at Hiroshima and Nagasaki... I wouldn't wish to bring destruction upon any nation. I'm sure even the bitterest Japanese blast surviver wouldn't want to wish such horrors upon innocent Americans. If anything, I would nuke the whales.

This, entirely.

Except for the whales part...

If I had to?
*Googles world's smallest country*
Hmm... the Vatican or Monaco.
That is truly a tough one.

On the one hand, we have a city within a city; if the Vatican was nuked then the fallout and blast would probably damage a lot of Rome. Therefore, the civilians in danger would be far more numerous.
On the plus side, the Vatican is a warped throne of religious hypocrisy, and I despise it greatly. I would love to see it die.

However Monaco would have far less civilian casualties due to it's tiny 32,000 populace, however it is over 3 times as large as Vatican City, meaning more land would be rendered damaged by the nuclear blast.

Well, it doesn't seem so hard a decision after all. I guess I'd just have to warn the Romans to get the fuck out, and then erase that hideous golden stain from an otherwise beautiful city.

Higgs303:

Rheinmetall:

Higgs303:

Mongolia's 2011 census estimates a population of 2,754,685. It seems like a big piece of real-estate for such a small popualtion. Many sources say it has one of the lowest ratios of people per square km in the world.
http://geography.about.com/od/lists/a/leastdense.htm
http://www.aneki.com/sparsely.html

The mountainous regions might prevent radiation from spreading to some extent as well.

Every country has a big history and heritage, who is to say which is more important. I was only going by potential human loss, I have nothing against Mongolia.

Yes of course I know that you don't want Mongolia to be nuked. lol It was a most unfortunate topic anyway. I only answered to you because you put Mongolia next to Greenland.

read the title as
if you could nuke a nunnery
now i feel disappointed...

Antarctica. Those penguins have had it too good for too long.

Antartica... Yeah yeah its a continent and a country but it would fuck over pretty much every coastal country & state. Might as well fuck everyone over if I'm launching a nuke anyway.

I'm not sure the effects but I know it changes where coastlines would be globally.

DeathChairOfHell:

Metalhandkerchief:

I agree with you to some extent, the Americans have this silly way of being retarded things from time to time. But they aren't all dumb idiots. I mean, they invented the doorbell. That's something, huh?

I agree that we American's are awful people and I really do hate Imperial measurement. But you should equalize that like can you kill the south or just warn me?

Antarctica. Let's settle this 'global warming' thing once and for all.

Plus, I'd rather not kill millions of people for funsies.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked