The New Avengers Trailer... O M G

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The first trailer was kinda meh. But this...

... is A W E S O M E !

All the new Marvel movies have been good so far... Please do it right one more time!

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please?

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts you ask? Well would say that it is very interesting and I would like access to some sort of time machine so that april gets here faster because THAT WAS F*CKING AWESOME!

4RM3D:

... is A W E S O M E !

All the new Marvel movies have been good so far... Please do it right one more time!

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please?

What are your thoughts?

Well Edward Norton isn't going to be in it, so that's already one thing it has against it.

Volf:

4RM3D:

... is A W E S O M E !

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please?

What are your thoughts?

Well Edward Norton isn't going to be in it, so that's already one thing it has against it.

Norton is apparently sort of a dick. But that trailer was AFUCKINGMAZINGGORGEOUSTASTICJIZZWORTHY.

Thomas Guy:

Volf:

4RM3D:

... is A W E S O M E !

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please?

What are your thoughts?

Norton is apparently sort of a dick. But that trailer was AFUCKINGMAZINGGORGEOUSTASTICJIZZWORTHY.

How is he a dick? What's your proof?

With the amount of money they're pouring into setting up this whole continuity hopefully it'll pay off.

From what I've seen with the new / remade films, it will.

Who Cares about Ed Norton? The Hulk is the important part, not Banner. Also, this is going to be awesome.

Volf:

Thomas Guy:

Volf:

Well I didn't bring proof since it's an internet forum and I don't care that much. But I have read that he was very upset the way the Incredible Hulk turned out because he filmed more Banner stuff that didn't get into the film. I've also read that he is the sort of actor that likes to be involved in almost every big aspect of the film, making it difficult for him to be in a movie like this. Also, who cares about Banner? Hulk cool, Hulk important, not puny Banner.

Thomas Guy:

Volf:

Thomas Guy:

Well I didn't bring proof since it's an internet forum and I don't care that much. But I have read that he was very upset the way the Incredible Hulk turned out because he filmed more Banner stuff that didn't get into the film. I've also read that he is the sort of actor that likes to be involved in almost every big aspect of the film, making it difficult for him to be in a movie like this. Also, who cares about Banner? Hulk cool, Hulk important, not puny Banner.

how about because his acting would help the movie.

Volf:

Thomas Guy:

Volf:

Eh, the less we see of Banner the better.

That looked pretty awesome. Captain America's helmet still looks like a big blue condom though, How could they mess that up when it was fine in the first movie?

EDIT: Also they're excruciatingly vague on who the actual villian is in this, does anyone know what Robofish at the end is supposed to be?

EDIT 2: It could be the Midgard Serpent, which would tie into Loki being the villian http://marvel.wikia.com/Jormungand_%28Earth-616%29, although as far as I can tell the midgard serpent never resembled a Michael Bay Transformer.
Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Volf:

I like Edward Norton as an actor, but personally I didn't really think he suited Banner, so I don't mind. By the looks of things there's no more godawful Liv Tyler so that's a plus.

My biggest worry is that this will basically become 'Iron Man & The Avengers'; As much as I like Iron Man (and RDJ playing him), I'd want it to feel more balanced, especially as he's already had double the films as the others. Besides, if anyone should be top dog it should be Cap'.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU #NERDGASM

Seriously though, this could be a contender for the best superhero movie ever. April needs to hurry the fuck up.

Just one thing though; It's being called 'Avengers Assemble' in the UK, which sucks. I know it's probably something to do with copyright but still. It doesn't sound as good as just 'The Avengers'. It almost sounds like a sequel.

Well that was fucking cheesy. I imagine it'll be entertaining, but other than that it looks pretty fucking horrible.

That. Looks. Fucking. Awesome.

April can't come fast enough!

Jasper Jeffs:
Well that was fucking cheesy. I imagine it'll be entertaining, but other than that it looks pretty fucking horrible.

You are aware that this is a film about a group of super heroes saving the earth? I'm pretty sure cheesy is a requirement.

I don't have high hopes for this movie. Especially with Downey Jr involved, I think the whole thing will be a huge battle of egos, and end up being "The Adventures of Tony Stark and his superfriends". While he is not even the best character, all the footage I have seen has him giving all the lines and the rest mostly grunting.

I think he is a good actor, but I don't think he is a good team player.

hermes200:
...but I don't think he is a good team player.

Funny, Downey Jr. said the same thing in the trailer (and what Fury said in Iron Man). :)

Volf:

Valid point right here. Although I'm still looking forward to this. Really hope that it actually works.

Hero in a half shell:
That looked pretty awesome. Captain America's helmet still looks like a big blue condom though, How could they mess that up when it was fine in the first movie?

EDIT: Also they're excruciatingly vague on who the actual villian is in this, does anyone know what Robofish at the end is supposed to be?

EDIT 2: It could be the Midgard Serpent, which would tie into Loki being the villian http://marvel.wikia.com/Jormungand_%28Earth-616%29, although as far as I can tell the midgard serpent never resembled a Michael Bay Transformer.

That was my first thought too! The design may have been based on Adi Granov's artwork for Fing Fang Foom during his run on Iron Man. The two do sort of look similar. It's appearance does kinda work with a theory I have that the "invaders" are actually Rock Trolls from Thor's roster of villains.

The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead. Lot's of explosions, Downey doing his act without much energy or passion to it, a guy replaces Edward Norton as Hulk, there's a girl and possibly lovestory in it and Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Nope, not so much hopes for this movie, it'll probably be another one with lot's of explosions with decent acting but a sup-par script. What is it with explosions that makes everyone go "AWESOME", but when, say, the Star Wars-prequels (or Bay-movies) also base the movie around explosions it's "DUUDE! NOT COOL! NEED MORE STORY!".

Several directors have proven that you can cram in both explosions and a good story. Oh yeah, Avengers, probably not gonna see it. Wasn't too fond of Thor or Iron-Man, and hasn't seen Captain America.

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead.

He also did Firefly and Serenity. Josh Whedon is the whole reason why I am going to go see this movie in the first place.

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead. Lot's of explosions, Downey doing his act without much energy or passion to it, a guy replaces Edward Norton as Hulk, there's a girl and possibly lovestory in it and Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Nope, not so much hopes for this movie, it'll probably be another one with lot's of explosions with decent acting but a sup-par script. What is it with explosions that makes everyone go "AWESOME", but when, say, the Star Wars-prequels (or Bay-movies) also base the movie around explosions it's "DUUDE! NOT COOL! NEED MORE STORY!".

Several directors have proven that you can cram in both explosions and a good story. Oh yeah, Avengers, probably not gonna see it. Wasn't too fond of Thor or Iron-Man, and hasn't seen Captain America.

Nawh bless. Somebody watched a little too much Moviebob and now thinks he can come off sounding just as witty or intelligent by tossing in a Michael Bay joke.

Finally!! Get to see some Hulk!!

Yea. This looks fun. Even more, it looks like it has the potential to be good. We shall see...

anthony87:

SecretNegative:

Nawh bless. Somebody watched a little too much Moviebob and now thinks he can come off sounding just as witty or intelligent by tossing in a Michael Bay joke.

1. I don't watch Moviebob, only like two or three of his videos ever.

2. Moviebob isn't witty or intelligent in any way, and he has way, way too low standards and I rarely ever agree with him in most questions.

3. If you read my sentence again, I wasn't racking on Bay, I was merely mentioned hypocrisy among people who doesn't like Bay, but like other mindless action-flicks.

4. Don't be an asshole over the Internet just because you can.

5. Don't rack on other people just because they've got other opinions than you.

6. Don't make presumptions of other people and act as if those presumptions were true.

Volf:

4RM3D:

... is A W E S O M E !

Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please don't suck...
Please?

What are your thoughts?

The problem is that Norton was never right for Bruce Banner. Mainly because no matter who he plays you always get the feeling that if you piss him off he'll whip out a knife and stab you.

It was a pretty sweet trailer and I am indeed looking forward to the movie. However, I'm worried it will suffer from too many egos crammed on one screen. As long as all the actors understood that it's a movie about a GROUP of superheroes then it should go pretty smoothly.

I just wanna see Hulk smash some stuff. Though, is there a reason why he seemed.. intelligent? Like, he actually went to save Iron Man, and stood in the group with him. I thought he was just a rage filled green monster?

Not trying to upset anyone but honestly? I personally found it to be so boring that I started nodding off halfway thru.

To look at it, it looks just awful and boring. And what exactly is with taking a 1940s esque revamp of captain Americas costume look pretty cool and up to date, then flash forwarding half a century and exchanging the costume for one that is seemingly made out of felt swatches?!!?

Honestly it looks as if it is going to be somewhere between the second Iron Man film and say Michael Bays second Transformers film.

But trying to remain positive aspects. Uhhh... Scarlet Johansen as a ginger again. Yeah If I knew it wasnt going to Disney, that would likely be what would obtain my money for this.

I'm not a comic book or Avengers fan, but that was still awesome. If it doesn't suck I might actually go out and see it, and I haven't been to a theater since Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Ok, does anyone know who the villains are supposed to be? I recognize Loki, but since when did Loki get access to deceptions?

I wasn't interested in super heros movies and then i watched this

Hero in a half shell:

i'm banking money that the scrulls are involved somehow! the ships lend credence to the theory plus in the ultimates they were the first threat for the avengers, and the movie draws at least some inspiration form the ultimate universe. alothe your idea for jourgumound is an intriguing and equally valid theory as well. and keep in mind that bit in Thor were they made a comment on how the asgardian magic may just be super advanced tech(Clark's third law and all that) so the serpent hypothesis is perhaps more valid then you think

Meh. Looks okay. I will probably see it at some point but am hardly excited. The most interesting thing for me is that it has Jeremy Renner in it. I fucking love that guy.
But the Hulk movie sucked ass.
Iron Man sucked ass.
Thor was okay.
Gonna watch Capt America today even though I dislike his character.
And the other two are coming outta pretty much nowhere.

Now you give me a JLA movie and fuck yeah.

Thomas Guy:
Norton is apparently sort of a dick.

Who cares? Christian Bale is definitely a dick. In fact hes not only a dick but hes a absolute cunt and a asshole to boot. But as long as his acting is good then that is all that should matter to the viewers.

That was certainly on the border between amazing and awesome. And in this day and age, that is something to appreciate whenever a movie comes out.

But still, experience has taught me that awesome trailers may lead to horrible movies, so I'll refrain from getting my hopes up too much.

Nerdstar:
i'm banking money that the scrulls are involved somehow! the ships lend credence to the theory plus in the ultimates they were the first threat for the avengers, and the movie draws at least some inspiration form the ultimate universe. alothe your idea for jourgumound is an intriguing and equally valid theory as well. and keep in mind that bit in Thor were they made a comment on how the asgardian magic may just be super advanced tech(Clark's third law and all that) so the serpent hypothesis is perhaps more valid then you think

I love all the speculation about the invaders I've heard the usual Skrulls/Chitauri and Kree suggested, but also stuff like the Shi'ar, Badoon and Break-worlders. The last one isn't too crazy as Joss Whedon created them in his comics.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked