The New Avengers Trailer... O M G

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie. But let's judge this by the trailer instead. Lot's of explosions, Downey doing his act without much energy or passion to it, a guy replaces Edward Norton as Hulk, there's a girl and possibly lovestory in it and Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Nope, not so much hopes for this movie, it'll probably be another one with lot's of explosions with decent acting but a sup-par script. What is it with explosions that makes everyone go "AWESOME", but when, say, the Star Wars-prequels (or Bay-movies) also base the movie around explosions it's "DUUDE! NOT COOL! NEED MORE STORY!".

Several directors have proven that you can cram in both explosions and a good story. Oh yeah, Avengers, probably not gonna see it. Wasn't too fond of Thor or Iron-Man, and hasn't seen Captain America.

well i think thats more to do with the action in the films listed not actually being very good.

Case and point, TAKEN it has a shallow and near non-existant plot that serves only to set the action up, but its regarded quite solidly because the quality of the action is just top notch.

Look at this. Look at it! It's so manly it hurts.

This is really happening.

Sooo awesome been waiting for this for years and now it is finally happening.

For.I.Am.Mad:

hermes200:

For.I.Am.Mad:
I bet DC and WB are face palming right now. "How come we're not doing a Justice League movie?"

Because Superman and Batman are the only characters regular people (not comic book fans) seems to care.

Green Lantern was bad, but its not like Superman and Batman didn't had their share of terrible movies. Yet those were, at least, commercially successful.

Bull. Iron Man and Thor were almost B level characters to non-comic fans before their movies released. Me personally, I never 'got' Thor but I liked his movie. Even Captain America was kind of second tier. It was always Spidah-man and the X-men with marvel for the longest time.

People didn't see Green Lantern because it was a bad movie not because of the character.

Of course they are. Every character in Marvel that isn't Spiderman and Wolverine (not even the X-Men) are quite unknown to non-comic fans. That doesn't mean they didn't try it (when even Electra gets a chance at the box office, you know they have scrapped the bottom of the barrel) and there wouldn't be an Avenger movie if some of the movies were not extremely successful (as in beyond-our-wildest-expectations successful).

DC doesn't have the same history. As much as Marvel paid little attention to most of their properties for a big part of their history, DC did the same with everyone that isn't Batman and Superman. And they never had a chance to change it. No one outside of the comics fan community give a damn about Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or Green Lantern. It sure didn't help that their attempts were nowhere as successful as Marvel's, who build a lot of good will with some of the best Superhero movies ever (and spread over different franchises).

In other words, Marvel has more characters the audience cares because it makes them care for them. DC knows that the public doesn't care for a Justice League movie because the public doesn't care about most of the individual characters (and never will if the Green Lantern movie is their best attempt). They can't even make a new Wonder Woman TV show (which is a central character of the Justice League). The best they could make is a Superman/Batman crossover (with Nolan's Batman and resurrecting Christopher Reeve), because every other name would only increase the budget and do nothing to the audience.

SecretNegative:
Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Where do you think he died? Didn't he just float off into the closing gate?

Since I am already a fan of both Marvel and DC comic book heroes,this trailer has definitely put this movie on the no.1 list of must watch in cinema.

Words can't describe the badassness(yea that's a word! :P)of what I just watched.

It seems Joss Wheadon is not going to disappoint with this one.

The title change is annoying but not majorly so. If it bothers me that much when it comes to buying my copy I can always import it.

Looks fucken awesome.

That was awesome, but why are subtitles I can't read so distracting?!

WolfThomas:

Nerdstar:
i'm banking money that the scrulls are involved somehow! the ships lend credence to the theory plus in the ultimates they were the first threat for the avengers, and the movie draws at least some inspiration form the ultimate universe. alothe your idea for jourgumound is an intriguing and equally valid theory as well. and keep in mind that bit in Thor were they made a comment on how the asgardian magic may just be super advanced tech(Clark's third law and all that) so the serpent hypothesis is perhaps more valid then you think

I love all the speculation about the invaders I've heard the usual Skrulls/Chitauri and Kree suggested, but also stuff like the Shi'ar, Badoon and Break-worlders. The last one isn't too crazy as Joss Whedon created them in his comics.

I thought it was already confirmed to be..

Actually, I thought the first trailer was much better. At least the first trailer made me interested in seeing the movie. Sort of. This one though... meh, its about on par with most trailers today, too much time shown on money shots (including, probably, the end), no incling of the sotry (like thats going to important in the film anyway) and some below par dialogue (which is expected, since this is Whedon we're talking about).

And why is it that almost every major trailer nowadays has to have some kind of riff on the Batman/Inception music? Yeesh.

They came up with a really cheese sort of subtitle for the movie.

Hero in a half shell:

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Honestly I'm hoping it's Fin Fang Foom. Giant Space Dragon (who's now a robot? :D) is just awesome.

WolfThomas:
I love all the speculation about the invaders I've heard the usual Skrulls/Chitauri and Kree suggested, but also stuff like the Shi'ar, Badoon and Break-worlders. The last one isn't too crazy as Joss Whedon created them in his comics.

I've heard it can't be Skrulls cause they are tied up with the FF rights that Fox owns. Though Marvel has mentioned they are interested in a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, so they definitely want to bring Cosmic Marvel into this.

My bet is on Badoon or Kree.

SecretNegative:
there's a girl and possibly lovestory in it

Marvel has said they are not going to make Black Widow anyone's love interest. They don't want to tell a love story, they want a super-hero movie.

and Loki has apperently become alive again somehow.

Loki didn't die at the end of Thor. He was sucked with the Bifrost into magic-space.

The_Waspman:
Actually, I thought the first trailer was much better. At least the first trailer made me interested in seeing the movie. Sort of. This one though... meh, its about on par with most trailers today, too much time shown on money shots (including, probably, the end), no incling of the sotry (like thats going to important in the film anyway)

Opinions may vary on this subject. But I think a trailer shouldn't spoil too much. Instead they should leave the trailer intentionally vague, but still interesting. I have seen a lot of trailers practically explaining the whole story. That is even worse.

Also, the money spent on this movie isn't because of the story, but because of the actors and the special effects. So it is only natural to show that aspect in the trailer.

The_Waspman:
...and some below par dialogue (which is expected, since this is Whedon we're talking about).

Hey! He has only directed one movie before (Serenity) and it was awesome.

The_Waspman:
And why is it that almost every major trailer nowadays has to have some kind of riff on the Batman/Inception music? Yeesh.

A lot of trailer music is made by the same studios. One of the more famous one is: Two Steps From Hell.

Out of all the characters there that I recognized, Iron Man is the only one whose movie I've seen.
Dunno the others :3

hermes200:
I think the whole thing will be a huge battle of egos

Yes it will - that was one of the main points of the trailer. But theyll learn to work together etc etc etc.

OT: I have just marked April 26th on the calendar, and told my girlfriend that because I went to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with her (terrible film) she has to come with me to see this.

Only 2 months away and by both trailers it looks to be pretty awesome

I'm probably going to catch a lot of crap for this and I'm really expecting it. I would like to see this movie but I just don't like Scarlett Johansson I didn't like her in Iron Man 2 I doubt I will like her in this movie.

I thought the first trailer was better. Both seem to be good though.

A little worried at the action/explosion shots. A little over the top for my tastes.

The real draw for me is watching the obvious drama that is going to unfold amongst the avengers. I don't mean fighting either, dialogue.

Theres like 8 different heroes, its literally impossible for this movie to be any good

It looks good but I liked the way the last CGI Hulk looked. Idk to me he looks weird in this and I am kinda disappointed because he is my favorite Marvel Hero. Still can't wait for The Avengers to come out.

Soluncreed:
I just wanna see Hulk smash some stuff. Though, is there a reason why he seemed.. intelligent? Like, he actually went to save Iron Man, and stood in the group with him. I thought he was just a rage filled green monster?

As i understand it Banner has 3 Hulk modes.

The classic green roid rager.

A grey Hulk who is not in any way like the green Hulk. Instead he is (supposedly) incredibly charismatic.

A second green Hulk who is a kind of composite between the other two Hulks and Banner. This one is different because his strength decreases in proportion to his rage before just becoming the regular green Hulk. This is likely the one we saw in the trailer.

Alright, that does look kinda cool. And I generally hate these kinda movies.

Bleugh.

I've never really been a fan of superheroes anyway, so chalk it up to that. The Batman films I like simply because they're not comic book-movies, they're crime films with weird costumed characters fucking up everyone's shit. I like Watchmen for much the same reason.

This... this just looks like the trailer for any other summer blockbuster. A few witty one liners, lots of big name actors, and almost nothing but special effects. I wish I knew what it was about The Avengers that gets so many people frothy at the mouth. What I've read of Marvel, it can hardly be the storytelling. I guess people really do like the prospect of watching characters dress up in body condoms and beating the shit out of each other. It may be fun, I suppose, but I don't exactly see what makes this any better than Bayformers or the Star Wars prequels.

The whole thing just looks... average. There's nothing here that we didn't see in the Green Lantern trailer, and look how that turned out.

Excuse me, I need to pick my jaw off of the floor.

Wow.

rollerfox88:

hermes200:

Yes it will - that was one of the main points of the trailer. But theyll learn to work together etc etc etc.

OT: I have just marked April 26th on the calendar, and told my girlfriend that because I went to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with her (terrible film) she has to come with me to see this.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I mean the shooting, editing and screenplay will be a huge battle of egos (now that Norton is out, maybe a little less)...

gigastar:

Soluncreed:
I just wanna see Hulk smash some stuff. Though, is there a reason why he seemed.. intelligent? Like, he actually went to save Iron Man, and stood in the group with him. I thought he was just a rage filled green monster?

As i understand it Banner has 3 Hulk modes.

The classic green roid rager.

A grey Hulk who is not in any way like the green Hulk. Instead he is (supposedly) incredibly charismatic.

A second green Hulk who is a kind of composite between the other two Hulks and Banner. This one is different because his strength decreases in proportion to his rage before just becoming the regular green Hulk. This is likely the one we saw in the trailer.

Actually, there are a lot of Hulk versions through the year. At one point, there was a Banner version (the Hulk was the normal form and it turned into a wild Banner when he got angry).

The Hulk in the Avengers starts as the wild monster (there is a scene in the trailer where he fights them), in fact, he is the first "villain" the avengers fight, but they eventually tame him and make him work with them... He never stops being emotionally unstable, but its the closest they get to be his friends.

hermes200:

rollerfox88:

hermes200:

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I mean the shooting, editing and screenplay will be a huge battle of egos (now that Norton is out, maybe a little less)...

I see...you think there will be a behind-the-scenes battle of egos as well as an on-screen one? Probably true, but when is there ever a film with more than one major lead where that isnt the case...

SecretNegative:
The guy directing (Joss Whedon) has previously made Buffy: The vampire slayer. So much for this being a good movie.

I hope you aren't judging Whedon based on the Buffy movie. Also, is there a single part of your post that isn't gloriously, blindingly, skull-crushingly obvious troll bait?

That aside, I'm interested, in vague, non-specific ways.

For.I.Am.Mad:
Look at this. Look at it! It's so manly it hurts.

This is really happening.

looking at this picture, i just had that realization, just hit me like a train. Those 3 are all going to meet!

I think way too many people have too high expectations on this so when it is releassed and everyone stands outside the theater jerking off they won't be satisfied with the movie because they think it will blow their minds, twice. So when it only does it once it's a bad thing.

I can say one thing about it. Thor sucked, and I hope by removing asgard and THE FUCKING BLANDEST VILLAINS EVER: THE FROST TROLLS, he can become a more entertaining character. Because I love the idea of him and his costume/weapon design. but hate everything I've seen him in.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
I don't exactly see what makes this any better than Bayformers or the Star Wars prequels.

It's being written by Joss Whedon, someone who's shown he can write pretty good dialog, have likable characters and generally construct plots that are both epic but still focused on the charcters. This in stark contrast to Transformers and Star Wars prequels which were written by hacks. Whedon has his flaws but something like this is perfect for him.

rollerfox88:

hermes200:

rollerfox88:

I see...you think there will be a behind-the-scenes battle of egos as well as an on-screen one? Probably true, but when is there ever a film with more than one major lead where that isnt the case...

Fair enough... But in most cases, the movie is a pet project of a director with a lot of stars eager to work with him (like Sin City), has a strong vision and credibility in the industry (like Mars Attack) or are a group of friend stars that want to have fun and have the audience as witnesses (like Ocean's Eleven). This movie is neither of those...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked