8.3% (12)
8.3% (12)
Other (please explain)
4.1% (6)
4.1% (6)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Socks and the secret habits of socks

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is essential information be sure you post!

When you are wearing shoes of your choice aka not work shoes what type of socks do you wear?

Are they normal white/one color socks or are they fun socks?

When you lose socks where do they go?

If you don't lose socks how do you do it?

What is you sock habitat?

My answers:
I wear short socks, plain white, I lose them and I have no idea where they go. I keep my socks in a free roam closet where they live in a pile along with my underwear.

When you are wearing shoes of your choice aka not work shoes what type of socks do you wear?
Erm, normal ones. The same as always. Black ankle-high ones.

Normal one colour ones - black. Although I have several pairs of white ones.

I have no friggin' idea. I'm pretty sure they go outside space and time, I have no other explanation. I've found some months after they got lost. And they were in a reasonably obvious place.

Impossible. After every laundry I end up with an odd number of socks. A couple of times I had even number and I was happy until I found I sock I forgot to wash. And the second time I found three socks I had forgotten to wash.

They are in a bag next to my bed. Whenever I need a new pair - I reach into the bag and search until I find two similar socks. That's the benefit of having them all one colour (aside from those white ones).

Tall, woolly socks. Because I wear work boots (yes, as my shoe of choice) they are more or less required. I do not lose them often, though occasionally one of a pair will go missing, which is just awkward. I keep them on the top draw of my closet along with my underwear.

2fish:

I wear booties (short nice fitting socks below the ankle)

Boring white socks :)

Usually the widowed sock goes into a large hamper filled with other widowed socks. (It's like camp, but depressing)

Magic. Plain in simple.

What is your sock habitat?

Bottom drawer. (Mostly cos I read that burglars work from bottom to top so they don't have the close the drawers, so bam, drawer full of SOCKS!)

Ankle high white sports socks.

All my socks are pretty much one colour, black or white.

I have no idea, it amazes me that I can lose socks between the laundry pile and the washer/dryer.

You're asking the wrong guy.

My socks are located in a drawer right next to my bed. It's a quick and easy way to have constant access to them.

Oh hey, I'm the first "Other" vote.

My shoes of choice are different. I vary between two pairs of combat boots, sneakers, and running shoes; the former get socks well above the ankle, the latter two get socks below the ankle.

Green army-issue socks with my boots, black socks with my shoes.

They are given as offerings to the Dread Father.

I keep track of my socks anytime I handle them, always making sure they have a buddy. That way, if I lose a pair, I probably won't ever notice because of no lone socks.

Either the drawer with my boxer briefs, or one of the many piles on my floor.

I normally wear ankle length boots and socks that are taller than my boots, but way below my knee or calf.

I wouldn't consider them to be tall socks (like calf length or knee-high sports socks), but because they're above the ankle apparently they're not short.

I don't lose socks, but I throw plenty of single socks away when they get large holes in them, so they very rarely remain in pairs and I've long since stopped caring about wearing matching socks.

Finally, my socks don't have a habitat, they're free range and can be found anywhere between the dryer and my draw.

I don't have any of those individual toe socks if that's what you mean.

White, grey or black. I have boring socks.

Been asking that for years. My hypothesis? Sock gremlins.

The answer must be found!!

The socks and underwear drawer or shoved into various pouches in my travel bags when I'm on the move.

Holeproof Explorer Socks

The only type of socks I wear. They last of years. I normally get navy blue socks. I have like 8 pairs of them so if I lose a sock I can just use any of sock. The missing one normally turns up. normally in a week or two once it took a year. I normally find them under the bed or behind my chest of draws.

I don't lose any socks anymore. I found the best system. Pair all your socks and give them one draw only. Never any other. Use one pair at a time and when your finished it goes into the washing basket or in your shoes. I never lose my shoes. Sometimes I need to check a few rooms but I never lose them.

To me, socks are like sex. Tons of it around and I never seem to get any! You'd think that someone was stealing them and selling them!

"Impossible sir, only you and I have access to your socks."

This is a very funny thread! :P
Socks are an interesting subject.

Anything from the usual length of sock, to the ankle sock and even sometimes thick wooly socks.

Any color, usually white/gray/black, but I will wear any color or pattern.

I never lose socks ever, I do however get holes in socks and then throw one out, and that leaves a lonely sock left until I find a partner for it.

haha, well I am an organized person that never really loses things, the only thing I really lose often are house keys...I hate house keys. Just keep track of what you are wearing and where you put it when you take them off.

My socks all live in a three drawer mini dresser. They live on the bottom self, because I have an order, the same as they go on my body. Socks on bottom, undies in the middle and tank top/wife beaters on top. Get it?

I either wear ankle high socks, during the summer it's all barefoot sandals and flip flops for me but since it's cold most of the time here I chose the short socks option.

Their just plain old white socks, I never found a comfortable pair of silly socks.

I don't lose my socks, what happens is when they get worn out and old they retire to my bottom drawer to live out the rest of their day's relaxing.

I just stick one sock into the other and then I never lose them.

What is your sock habitat?
I have 3 drawers for socks the normal one's on top, the school and dress one's in the middle and the retired and unpaired socks in the bottom.

Black ankle socks. I have a few fun socks, but not nearly enough.

When I lose socks, they tend to be abducted by the invisible pink unicorn blessed be Her holy hooves
I usually don't lose socks though. When I wear through my black socks I tent to tear them apart in a fit of ecstasy that my psychologist should probably hear about.

My socks have their own drawer... its like a sock party pad!

I only own short black socks... as in ALL my socks are them! This means I don't pair them, and just reach into the drawer and grab 2 random ones! Very helpfull!

I once found a sock on my lawn! It was one of mine, but I hadn't hung any out for a while! Turns out my dog had taken it from the airing cupboard and had taken it out! There was another in his basket at one point too!

The only other socks I own are thick socks for boots/walking/skiing/issue ones for work! They all live in a different drawer though!

Long white sport socks usually, coming about 1/4 up my leg.

Pretty much all white, I have a brown pair too, just to prove I believe in multiculturalism.

I think they are seeing other people :'(

Wear them outside and make 'em full of holes.

All over the place, they usually turn up under my bed though.

I love not wearing socks. My feet are open to breath, they don't sweat as much, I have better traction, and I save myself having to wash my socks.
But, because I don't want to ruin my shoes, I generally wear tall socks.

The same socks as when I do everything else. Just up to the ankle.

They're black but have a coloured heel and toe!

How the fuck do I know? I once found a sock a week after I lost it on top of my cat.

I put them underneath the rest of my clothes.

Floor! Occasionally bed! Sometimes cat!

tall socks for me, not sure why

I wear the same kind of socks all year round, tall socks folded down so they end below the calf but above the ankle. They're mostly white, some are a different colour on the toe&heel or the whole sole. I don't lose my socks, but they wear out over time, and I only get rid of them when there's a hole big enough to put all my toes through. They tend to inhabit, short of the sock basket, the side of my room's floor that's closest to my bed.

When outside or have shoes, normal boring ones... But when I am inside and people can see my socks... COLOUR! Colour everywhere! :D Rainbows, dots, stripes, every kind of colour geometry you can imagine, and always mismatched of course! In shape, colour and length! :D

Like this;

Both. :D

Space!

Sticky-Space-Holder-Straps.

Edit, oooh habitat, read it as habits... The same place as all my other clothes are. On a shelf in my bedroom (my girlfriends clothes are occupying the wardrobe and they are all mean and posh and do not want to hang out with my clothes. :( ). I tell ya, it is like it is occupied by Nazis... If anything is out of place or wrong (my clothes): TO THE INCINERATOR!

Thick, tall socks.

White. White goes with everything.

Pretty sure they end up in my siblings' laundry somehow. It rarely happens, but you cannot stop it from happening at least once or twice.

The laundry room is adjacent to my bedroom. Short transit means little margin for error.

Top drawer: the penthouse of my dresser.

They only ever come up to my ankles, apart from the wedding I attended in Scotland when I kilted up with the rest of my mum's side of the family.

I've mostly got the usual, black/grey/blue/white/white&stripes, and then there're a few pairs with retro designs on them (I've got an old pair with the Thundercats logo, one of the Red Dwarf logo and some with old console and home computer stuff on them. "Ready RUN Press play then any key." etc)
I always assume that they land in another dimension and are laid down, by an as of yet undiscovered race of creatures, against an altar in worship of the great sock god and all His warm Cloth-Tubedness.
Luck of the draw.
Paired up in a basket on a shelf in the clothes cupboard.

2fish:

Black, extra cushion on the botton, no show socks. I usually lose them on the floor... some how.

I hate socks, I can only wear no show for a reason. I don't like them riding up on my ankles and I usually take them off the second I get home.

While all of my sock are abit above the ankle, I kind of prefer just at the ankle. In the past my leg hair get caught within the sock itself which can be quite irritating when you pull up your sock (since you will be pull up your body leg hair).
Granted when it's cold or in the Winter I prefer the socks to be above the ankle.

Short socks!!!
In whatever colour 'cause you can't see em in my shoes :)
Lately I haven't lost any! In fact I've started finding my housemates socks in my laundry.
I pair them up soon as I wash them :3
They usually live in a pile under my desk for easy access.

Ankle socks, black, with my underwear is intended, probably in various dimensions in actuality.

Thin, black socks above the ankle.

I *only* have the socks mentioned above. About 12 to 15 pairs of them. (Or: as I like to think of it: 24 to 30 individual socks.)

Don't know, don't care. All my socks are the same, so I just grab the first two and put them on.

See above. I don't know if I actually lose socks or not.

Bottom drawer.

No socks during summer or when I want to relax (yes I take off my socks when I relax), short socks when it's a little chilly, thick or long socks when it's cold.

When you are wearing shoes of your choice aka not work shoes what type of socks do you wear? Depends on what type of shoes I'm wearing, and for what occasion.

Are they normal white/one color socks or are they fun socks?I tend to wear bright/coloured/patterned socks, not really by choice, since I have ridonkulously small feet. (I've know kids as young as seven years old to have bigger feet than I.

When you lose socks where do they go?There's an anthropomorphic personification for that, you know...

If you don't lose socks how do you do it?No bloody idea. I guess it's one of those wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey things.

What is you sock habitat?Top drawer of an IKEA Aneboda chest of drawers. And (temporarily) my bed, since I have a big pile of clean laundry on it that needs sorting before I go to bed tonight.

1) Always, go up to just above the ankles

2) Black socks, almost always

3) When I lose socks I embark on a glorious crusade to conquer the holy land, because everyone knows thats where they go

4) -

5) In a big pile next to my t-shirts.

just above the ankle but well bellow the nee. i also proffer thinner socks and mainly black or dark grey to match my darker trousers

I wear:

- long (above the ankle) socks when I'm wearing long pants.
- short (below the ankle) socks when I'm not wearing long pants.

I practically always wear socks, especially when I have shoes on. Shoes without socks really irritate me. Usually just ordinary black socks, not sports socks (white sports socks are a big no-no). I've got some walking socks (Icebreakers are the best socks ever) for hiking.

I don't wear socks when I'm...:
- in bed
- swimming
- outside without shoes
- wearing sandals

I never lose socks. I just don't. I've got a special sock drawer, so they go there and nowhere else.

Well, it depends on the temperature.
When it's cold, my socks go up to my knees, even when I'm wearing jeans, and are wool.
When it's, chilly my socks go to mid-calf and are thinner.
When it's warm but I still need to wear gym shoes, they go a bit above my ankle and are very thin.
My fun socks are all small and thin and mostly tie-dye, because fun socks should not be covered by shoes, and are only worn at impractical times.

My lost socks are stolen by bees.
Bees made of smaller bees, made of bigger bees.
It's bees all the way down.

Hang on a minute. You can get socks that only go as high as, or not even as high as the ankle? This is news to me.

All my socks go at least a good 3 or 4 inches above the ankle. Short socks sound really uncomfortable. How can you wear them?

Although, when I'm chilling out at home, I always have bare feet.

Black socks above the ankle and all the pairs as similar as possible because my washing machine has a nasty habit of giving me back 3 socks all of them from different pairs when I have put 2 pairs in.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked