Escapists who aren't participating in March Mayhem

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

who is totally disinterested this year? I participated last year, didn't do that well. I think I'm one of those lazy, lurker types...

*shrugs*

I know there are others out there. Why aren't you participating?

Moo!

I am not participating because I simply cannot be arsed. I did last year and did quite badly so this year I'm not bothering as I know I'm not going to win anything.

It went horrifically for me last year (I got suspended for 30 days for I'm-still-not-quite-sure-what), but I have to maintain the Great Minecraftian Rage-n-Tears-O-Meter!

I'll be participating but probably not as actively. I'm going to drop out again if the dissected children and goatses make another appearance (if I find out who called in 4Chan...).

lacktheknack:
It went horrifically for me last year (I got suspended for 30 days for I'm-still-not-quite-sure-what), but I have to maintain the Great Minecraftian Rage-n-Tears-O-Meter!

I'll be participating but probably not as actively. I'm going to drop out again if the dissected children and goatses make another appearance (if I find out who called in 4Chan...).

I love your avatar. And I vaguely remember that rage o meter thing...

MOOO!

I filled the thing out, didn't see any reason not too, and a 1 in a millin or two, or three, chance at a new computer is rather nice

I don't even know what it is, so I'm not participating.

I can't be bothered to participate.
I've put on the ceremonial avatar though. Also: When is it starting?

I'll vote as I always do, and then I'll sit back and watch the shit hit the fan. I'm hoping for a little more 4chan nonsense raiding this year, that was interesting.

I'm not sure whether to vote or not. If I can be arsed then I will. However this talk of 4chan invasion has peaked my interest.

I want to see what the troll community throws at those with weak resolve and lacking resilience.

Nope: it's uneffective and pointless. Hell, if it's for the sake ogf gaming I don't want to give up new games. If I don't buy new games it's just because they are too expensive, no matter the month.

(Yesterday I bought Nexuiz, after 6 months of replaying old games :D)

Holy shit. I actually forgot we were in March.

I'm avoiding it because I just know that the Forums are going to collapse for weeks. If the new layout slows to a crawl every wednesday, I can't imagine how it will stand up to several thousand rabid march mayhem members.

Is it just that developers tournament? Doesn't really seem like that big a deal to be honest.

I gave the win to Insomniac lol.

Part of me doesn't want to, knowing there'll be a bunch of new accounts attacking participants for their choice (Mojang Vs. Bioware .) I'm participating but only to vote for the devs i want, probably won't read the comments or post any.

I'm also going to claim ignorance/apathy in regards to march mayhem. Wev.

Don't think I will. Valve seem to always do well, despite the fact they haven't released a game in like 5 years and all the developers who release good games in the last year seem to be ignored in favour of devs who released a good game once upon a time.

I have a feeling bethesda will do well this year and rightly so.

Nope, I've got March Madness to worry about. I'll probably fill out a bracket for here, but I won't be actively participating

Sirron Kcuch:
Nope: it's uneffective and pointless. Hell, if it's for the sake ogf gaming I don't want to give up new games. If I don't buy new games it's just because they are too expensive, no matter the month.

Just a heads up, you appear to be confusing March Mayhem with Black March (I think that's what it's called). March Mayhem is an annual competition on the Escapist where people vote for Developers in a tournament, you appear to know what Black March is already. :D

OT: I am participating but only because it completely bewildered me last year as I only found out about it halfway through so I want to see what the fuss is about this year.

I only vaguely remember the 'Rage'n'Tears' O-meter, which was very funny.
I was only lurking back then, I wasn't(and am not) really familiar with March Mayhem,I only lurked on the forums.

They don't have Paradox Interactive....

This will be my fourth March Mayhem(?) and I have yet to participate in a single one. I don't really see the point, and you get a lot of newbies and trolls getting involved so I just can't be bothered.

I only filled out a bracket last year for the shiny badge, then I fucked off. This year I don't think I'll even bother with a bracket, sounds like too much effort for just another fanboy rage-a-thon.

How could I miss the amount of rage and butthurt this thing propegates?

It's the escapist's version of Christmas. It brings tears of hilarity to my eyes, every year.

ipop@you:

Sirron Kcuch:

Just a heads up, you appear to be confusing March Mayhem with Black March (I think that's what it's called). March Mayhem is an annual competition on the Escapist where people vote for Developers in a tournament, you appear to know what Black March is already. :D

OT: I am participating but only because it completely bewildered me last year as I only found out about it halfway through so I want to see what the fuss is about this year.

My bad, I read March and automatically thought it was Black March.
Sorry, guys.
Damn, I feel so dumb.
Anyway, I'll leave my post for the lulz

I'll be taking part, I'm actually quite excited by it this year!

lacktheknack:

If you are unsure about your suspension we could have a chat about it if you like?

Probably not for a few reasons.

1. The winner tends to be a company that I honestly don't care about or downright hate. Last year, the final two were Bioware and Blizzard. I am indifferent to Blizzard and I hate Bioware. The other companies in the final 16 just fill me with a loud and and angry form of meh.

2. Vocal fans of Company X tend to take the fun out of it. The first time the Escapist did this, I remember Zynga making it very far in the contest for some reason. Well, on week it was about to knock out Valve from the contest. On every forum I visited that particular weekend, there were complaints that the glorious shining Hardcore gaming white knight company was about to lose out to disheveled ugly casual gaming company. They also made it clear that it was my fault somehow for letting this outrage take place. I had to those people, "It's just a contest. Why does it matter that Valve is going to lose to Zynga. If that's how it goes, that's how it goes.

I've never been interested. It causes a lot of arguments and we get a load of new people showing who spam a lot for their favourites.

Im not participating because F'ing Mojang won last year. The contest lost all credibility with that one...

What is March Mayhem

The only game I've played which was released in the past 12 months was Gears of War 3. Other than that it's been a year of Steam sales and pre-owned bargain bin gaming for me.

Probably not, I still remember that insane fiasco with Zynga a few years ago.

Filled out a bracket, but I'll be taking a long vacation whenever it starts. Got my bunker set up and everything.

Its a shameless attempt at getting more clicks thats about as subtle as the reaper from Mass Defect stomping one an innocent girl. It attracts the worst examples of humanity from across the web, from 4chan, to reddit to compete in an e-peen waving contest. Basically everything I hate about the human race wrapped up into one neat little pus-filled package.

No thanks.

TL;DR Does the internet need ANOTHER fanboy dick waving contest? If your answer is anything but no, then a special place in hell is reserved just for you.

Imperius:
What is March Mayhem

This. I've been on the site for a few years and the only thing I know about March Madness is the forums generally get clogged up with stuff I don't care to read.

I'll vote for a few developers that I really like, but I won't get into any of the threads. Too many die-hard fans there last year :/

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked